Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,880 members, 7,802,845 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Does God Interfere In The Human Race? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Interfere In The Human Race? (1206 Views)

Angels: The Caretakers Of The Human Race / Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? / What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Interfere In The Human Race? by contease(m): 11:06am On Aug 20, 2017
Does God interfere in the human race?

Ladies and Gentlemen, this write up shouldn’t be misunderstood or misconstrued to either be in support or against the existence of God; but to draw better understanding of the contextual meanings of the topic of the write-up. This is to analyse the subject matter, to help us have a broader mind and of course, this has to be read, looked at and analysed using an open mind.

Personally, I may not have seen so much of life, but the little I have seen of the personal opinions of people in life, their way of life and how life has and is still treating people which will be looked at in this write-up are all the reasons for the subject matter.

Now, as we prepare to look at the subject matter, please can we, yes am sure we can, we really can if we try, let's air our opinion without going spiritual and biblical. Let's discuss factually and analytically without quoting the bible. Needless to say, we can say the bible is this and that or does this and that without quoting the content. This is what I mean in my first example as below…

The bible is likened to the manual of human existence, though this is for those who would believe it. Let me try to explain:
the Christians would say the bible is to our life, what the Radio/Television manual is to its accompanying electronics. It is believed that the Christian God who is supposedly our creator has also laid down (inspired) the bible for his creation to follow when things are not right, same way manufacturers of electronics and gadgets prints manuals to be consulted when the need arises. And for real, the later is carried out and results achieved in say 98% of the time. The 2% without results are when the gadgets are indeed faulty and requires an experts attention...

On the side of the bible, there are people who pray and even fast almost endlessly without results. People do as instructed by the bible, yet no result, sometimes, results come much more later far from the time an action meant to effect result is expected. In such case, can we still say it was as a result of the actions carried out or nature has worked out its own solution...

Next part to follow soonest!

Lalasticala kindly do the needful. Thank u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Interfere In The Human Race? by Josephjnr(m): 11:12am On Aug 20, 2017
You ask a question with two obvious answers. 1.Christians will say God is almighty and chooses the best time to answer your prayers to your benefit. 2.People wen no send god, will say ,the sum total of all the creative activities (not fasting and prayer) he involves himself in yield result and no god answers any prayer.

1 Like

Re: Does God Interfere In The Human Race? by contease(m): 11:15am On Aug 20, 2017
My next example would be a comparison between those who pray/believe in God for their safety and those who use diabolic means to save lives. Considering these, we know what happens when a public/commercial vehicle is to embark on a journey and how prayers are carried out, seeking our creators intervention (protection from auto crash) yet crashes occur killing all on-board (some embark on same journey with or without prayers and still make it through) and we say RIP to the dead. Some persons even go ahead to say God knows the best (meanwhile we are told in churches that God will not permit evil to befall us etc which is a different topic all together for another day).

A quick question now; will our earthly parent ever allow unpleasant event happen to us, i mean a negative occurrence they can avert, react to or have a positive influence over? Sometime it’s not even a matter of life and death yet we see parents going the extra miles... take a case as worse as rape. A boy who rapes a girl and get caught, you and I know what the parents or even the society can do to such a boy (sometimes jungle justice may even be unleashed on such a boy if care is not taken) as compare to a helpless lady who in the middle of nowhere is being raped and she consistently shouts all we are thought to shout- Jesus Jesus; humanly thinking would be that God should fight for her by preventing it from happening or striking those/the guy either away from her or dead. Again, look at the Ozubulu case. I was wondering why God would allow such in his own house (having in mind that God, as we are taught and told, is everywhere) my thinking would have been, as the guys tried shooting in the house of God that the guns would unexplainably jam(as a spiritual God) or even after the shooting, their vehicle would refuse to start or the engine belt would cut to prevent the car from driving out or something, I mean, that’s just my human thinking here.

In all of this, am still left with a wondering mind if God really interfere in the affairs of man; (no doubt in my mind, there’s a God, the great one who has done/created/manufactured what man/sceince can never replicate…

We also hear of those who worship God so greatly making us know that their life depends on it. Meaning, by the worship, God is interfering positively, yet death will surface to take such persons, pastors, gospel artist etc. and we keep praying, seeking God to interfere in human affairs...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does God Interfere In The Human Race? by contease(m): 11:17am On Aug 20, 2017
This leads me to asking few questions about diabolic means of saving life people (mostly the northerners in Nigeria) practice. I questioned around and was reassured of how it works. They said unless it is the individual’s natural time to die, if an accident occurs the individual will be made to disappear from the accident scene to reappear unhurt nearby saving the person’s life. (Thought I am not saying this should be encouraged because the consequence is yet known) the point is, is diabolic means not another self-induced help (natural way of help if u may)? Why do people go that far for solution if truly God interferes…

A man who claims to believe in God (perhaps genuinely wealthy) yet he goes around with security aids for protection sake (which again, is self-induced means of protection) instead of trusting in/on God whom he prays to for protection.

We have people who left school hoping for a job 1, 2, 3 years no job, they resort to prayers etc yet no solution, only to again fall back to "finding a way to help themselves by themself.

Same goes to a childless woman who most often would pray her head off yet no result only to, maybe, have a child after 5, 10 or 15 years later... (Which may or may not be as a result of those prayers)

Again, the question is, Why do we pray, is it to get God to interfere on issues? If yes, then why don't we get result for every single prayer rendered?

We can go on and on the things the human race does to seek answer and which, gives result faster. The points are indeed endless. Yet the question remains, how truly does God interfere in the human race if there is any form of interference? Because most things appear to be working as a result of the human extra effort or mere coincidence.

Lastly, these examples, most of us can relate with. There are persons who do not believe in the need to reference any God/god anywhere whom things are working out for naturally. An instance again, at work, before the start of activities every morning, we would carry out morning devotions, take a brief look at the previous day’s activity, then a safety brief for the days’ work in that order every day. One of my bosses (an expatriate), would not partake in the prayers but would be present. On the day he would be meant to give a recap of any safety brief, he would simply say "God has given human all he needs to survive on earth (making reference to the human senses). He would first say, God gave you mind/brains to think before you act so accident would not occur, He gave you eyes to see so as to do the right thing, He gave you mouth to speak out when there is danger in sight, He gave you hands to clear and prevent accident from happening, He gave you nose to smell so as to know if there's danger looming (e.g the issue of gas and fire which we all know) He gave you even legs to run away if you perceive danger etc. every catastrophe is as a result of someone’s careless action or inaction. He would further say, you don't see danger and start praying, you see danger and take action as appropriate and as fast as possible. These got me thinking; does God really interfere in/on issues when we seek Him through prayers? Again, if yes why are every single prayer not getting results? When we hear or see the case of a dictator who holds Gods creation in captivity, it is expected that the owner of such lives in captivity should immediately come for His people, but no, that doesn't happen. So much to question about True influence of God. Truly, what do we think is the right role of God as its playing out on human race currently, not in the past days of Moses and the likes.

All of these got me thinking, are the instructions in that holy book mere instructions? Are these just words of the past/olden days for people of that time? Is it just one of those great history books that captured events of that time?

We are told the bible is inspired by God, please what does that mean, what does it mean to inspire?

All of these and its likes come to mind everyday, particularly when I see a devoted Christian in real life pains/trouble!

cc:
honeric01
semid4lyfe
seun
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does God Interfere In The Human Race? by purem(m): 11:42am On Aug 20, 2017
Bros adey follow u back 2 back.

Wait o were is kingebukasblog? He need to see dis

1 Like

Re: Does God Interfere In The Human Race? by johnydon22(m): 3:40pm On Aug 20, 2017
Relatable examples you have given, countless others can also be brought to the table to further affirm your points but people will never think outside the boundaries of their faith.

There will always be an excuse for God for those who have faith about god.

The church shooting incident at Ozubulu, i saw an instance of someone thanking God for sparing his life, it is jaw dropping.

so to this i add.

Assuming prayers works and God interferes with mundane activities, please tell me exactly why you need to Beg an All good God to help you or the logic behind reminding an omniscient God to help you.

If God is all good by definition, then it would want to help you whether you ask or not, if God is omniscient it would never forget to help you, if this holds true then prayers for favor is as useless as Buhari in Aso rock.

With everything going on in the world today, with the evidences of fate deciding chance all around us - it is not misplaced to say that if there is a God, any God; it is indifferent to us like the cosmos is.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does God Interfere In The Human Race? by realtem(m): 11:12am On Aug 21, 2017
"The Lord does as pleases him"/"the Lord works in mysterious ways" <<<< These are the sort of answers you'll see.

1 Like

Re: Does God Interfere In The Human Race? by cyborg123(m): 5:06pm On Sep 10, 2017
Interesting

1 Like

Re: Does God Interfere In The Human Race? by Niflheim(m): 5:51pm On Sep 10, 2017
@op,

Have you ever heard this saying before?

QUESTION: Did you sleep well?

ANSWER: Yes I did!!! Like "god" during the Holocaust!!!

How many men,women and little children cried out to the "christian god" during the Holocaust of World War 2? Do you know what those guys went through? Where was the god? People in gas chambers screaming while drinking their own urine(from thirst)!!! Prisoners were even asked to fight each other to the death and I know of an ex-boxer in the concentration camp who had to fight a total of 200 inmates to the death before freedom eventually came!!! Some were placed in cages with bears who tear them into pieces!!! And people can still talk about a 'god' that allows MFM to win the Nigerian Profesiol league?!!!! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Interfere In The Human Race? by contease(m): 2:05pm On Dec 05, 2021
Re: Does God Interfere In The Human Race? by contease(m): 2:07pm On Dec 05, 2021
Niflheim:
@op,

Have you ever heard this saying before?

QUESTION: Did you sleep well?

ANSWER: Yes I did!!! Like "god" during the Holocaust!!!

How many men,women and little children cried out to the "christian god" during the Holocaust of World War 2? Do you know what those guys went through? Where was the god? People in gas chambers screaming while drinking their own urine(from thirst)!!! Prisoners were even asked to fight each other to the death and I know of an ex-boxer in the concentration camp who had to fight a total of 200 inmates to the death before freedom eventually came!!! Some were placed in cages with bears who tear them into pieces!!! And people can still talk about a 'god' that allows MFM to win the Nigerian Profesiol league?!!!! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided?

Could you also look at this writeup and share your view if you may...

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/ashok-kumar-abb48714_god-satan-and-man-in-the-cosmic-perspective-activity-6873099613256187904-queE
Re: Does God Interfere In The Human Race? by Azizi231: 10:08pm On Nov 13, 2023
Hmmmm! Thought provoking! Still in thoughts.
Re: Does God Interfere In The Human Race? by Kobojunkie: 10:19pm On Nov 13, 2023
contease:
■ On the side of the bible, there are people who pray and even fast almost endlessly without results. People do as instructed by the bible, yet no result, sometimes, results come much more later far from the time an action meant to effect result is expected. In such case, can we still say it was as a result of the actions carried out or nature has worked out its own solution...
There is absolutely no truth to the claim that these people do as instructed by the bible since many of them even confess that they live according to their special interpretations— personal delusions — regarding what is written in Scripture. The average religious individual out there rather lives according to the whims and notions fed to him by his gods of men — pastors, mogs, imams, GBS, popes, and all the others. They have no real regard for what is written inside of that book even if they pretend that to be the case. Why? Maybe they just love living a lie is all! undecided
Re: Does God Interfere In The Human Race? by Kobojunkie: 10:49pm On Nov 13, 2023
Josephjnr:
■ You ask a question with two obvious answers.
1.Christians will say God is almighty and chooses the best time to answer your prayers to your benefit.
2.People wen no send god, will say ,the sum total of all the creative activities (not fasting and prayer) he involves himself in yield result and no god answers any prayer.
What the Christians say is an obvious lie since over 90% of what they hope for never materialize. And those that do materialize at the same rate that God's mercy does on even the unbelievers and those who hate God. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Spirits Of The Dead: Do They Speak And Hear? / Winners Chapel Live Stream Youtube - Today Sunday Service / I Found An Interesting Scripture While Studying The Bible.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.