Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,961 members, 7,799,264 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

Nigerian Expatriate Returns Qr1.5m After Bank Erroneously Credits Him With Amoun - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Expatriate Returns Qr1.5m After Bank Erroneously Credits Him With Amoun (333 Views)

How Do I Recover Erroneously Transfered Fund? / Court Rescues A Bank Which Erroneously Credited Its Debtor With N20m / See What Happened After Bank Staff Leave People On Queu To Collect Girl's Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Expatriate Returns Qr1.5m After Bank Erroneously Credits Him With Amoun by MEDOLAB: 12:53pm On Aug 20, 2017
http://www.qatarliving.com/forum/news/posts/nigerian-expatriate-returns-qr15m-after-bank-erroneously-credits-him-amount

We live in an age that is filled with fraudsters and tricksters who are out to steal your money and possessions. But sometimes, there comes a story which helps you think that it is not always the case.

Michael Asemota, a Nigerian expatriate in Doha, was thoroughly surprised when he received a message from the bank saying his account had been credited with QR1.5m ($411,128), according to Qatar Tribune.

The Nigerian, who became a millionaire for a few hours, had originally deposited a cheque for QR150,200 into his account. But once arriving home, he got an SMS alert saying his account had been credited with QR1,502,000.

Asemota returned to the bank and intimated the manager about the mistake and returned the money, getting a warm handshake in return.

“After opening the account with the bank, I checked my balance to make withdrawals for a supply job and found the huge sum. I was amazed and decided to contact the bank. I went to see the manager to report the error. After checking for confirmation, the manager gave me a warm handshake in appreciation,” Asemota told Qatar Tribune.

Asemota is an official of Nigerians in Diaspora Organisation-Qatar (NIDO-Qatar), the umbrella body of Nigerian residents in the country

(1) (Reply)

North Korea: Japan Missile Test Was First Step In Pacific Operation / North Korea Carries Out Hydrogen Bomb Test | Donald Trump Reacts / Court Gives 54 Days Adjournment In Fani-kayode’s Criminal Suit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.