Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Michael Asemota Returns N150 million Wrongly Paid Into His Account In Qatar - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Michael Asemota Returns N150 million Wrongly Paid Into His Account In Qatar (48193 Views)

Julius Eze Returns ₦2.5 Million Mistakenly Transferred To His Account / Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account / Man Gets A Car For Returning N53m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account By The Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Michael Asemota Returns N150 million Wrongly Paid Into His Account In Qatar by immaq8(f): 11:05pm On Aug 20, 2017
That was a mistake 4rm d yahoo boiz.... Thou, Good name us better than gold

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Michael Asemota Returns N150 million Wrongly Paid Into His Account In Qatar by Adaomalight(f): 11:40pm On Aug 20, 2017
One plate of nkwobi for you grin
Re: Michael Asemota Returns N150 million Wrongly Paid Into His Account In Qatar by burakado17: 12:14am On Aug 21, 2017
Partnerbiz3:
Story.
They could have caught him still.
you said the truth. Even in Nigeria any wrong posting into your account is always being reverted. In this IT age. We are not mumu.
Re: Michael Asemota Returns N150 million Wrongly Paid Into His Account In Qatar by burakado17: 12:15am On Aug 21, 2017
PassingShot:
Asemota is a good friend of mine.

In any case, there's no way anyone could have gone away with the money paid into his account in error here. This is not Nigeria.
even in Nigeria, it can't happen.
Re: Michael Asemota Returns N150 million Wrongly Paid Into His Account In Qatar by stubbornRebel: 1:06am On Aug 21, 2017
My love, what do you call a gift? And how is accepting a gift being corrupt. More so, no evidence can be brought forward to connect you with stealing and sure you didn't know such a transaction can implicate the bank if investigated. So take a chill pill and enjoy what God has given you until they come to their right senses kabish?!
dominique:

You'd rather take money that does not belong to you and call it blessing? What manner of blessing is that? Only God knows what they're teaching in churches of nowadays. God can never bless you with someone else's money. If a first world leader call you people fantastically corrupt now, you'll start foaming in the mouth.
Re: Michael Asemota Returns N150 million Wrongly Paid Into His Account In Qatar by Nobody: 1:20am On Aug 21, 2017
#immumuneverdo
Re: Michael Asemota Returns N150 million Wrongly Paid Into His Account In Qatar by FRANKOSKI(m): 4:08am On Aug 21, 2017
TRUE CHILD OF GOD.
Re: Michael Asemota Returns N150 million Wrongly Paid Into His Account In Qatar by dominique(f): 7:20am On Aug 21, 2017
stubbornRebel:
My love, what do you call a gift? And how is accepting a gift being corrupt. More so, no evidence can be brought forward to connect you with stealing and sure you didn't know such a transaction can implicate the bank if investigated. So take a chill pill and enjoy what God has given you until they come to their right senses kabish?!

Are you trying to be funny or just plain naive? You think the bank won't investigate why there's such a deficit in their balance? Besides how will you feel if you mistakenly credit the wrong person and the person refuse to refund you saying its God that finally answered his call? Taking what does not belong to you is called STEALING and it can never be God's blessing.
Re: Michael Asemota Returns N150 million Wrongly Paid Into His Account In Qatar by RegalD(m): 8:05am On Aug 21, 2017
oluwatoba400:
A Nigerian expatriate in Qatar became a millionaire for several hours after a bank mistakenly deposited more than QR1.5 million ($411,127.99) into his account recently.

The man, Michael Asemota, had opened an account with a cheque of QR150,200 with an undisclosed commercial bank, where heis the sole signatory of the account.

As he got back home, he received an alert showing that a QR1,502,000 had been credited into his account by mistake instead of QR150,200. Asemota went back to the bank and returned the money.

Speaking to Qatar Tribune, Asemota said,

”After opening the account with the bank, I checked my balance to make withdrawals for a supply job and found the huge sum. I was amazed and decided to contact the bank.

I went to see the manager to report the error of QR1,502,000 deposited into my account. After checking for confirmation, the manager gave me a warm handshake in appreciation.” .

Asked why he alerted the bank about the error, Asemota said,

”I knew the money did not belong to me and shouldn’t be in my account in the first place, so there were no motives and temptations to keep it.”

Source: http://www.flexygist.com.ng/2017/08/20/photo-nigerian-man-returns-n150-million-wrongly-paid-into-his-account-in-qatar/

cc; lalasticlala
The fear of Deportation is the beginning of Honesty

Nevertheless, good one my guy
Re: Michael Asemota Returns N150 million Wrongly Paid Into His Account In Qatar by rhames(m): 11:06am On Aug 21, 2017
Now I am very proud to be a Nigerian.
Re: Michael Asemota Returns N150 million Wrongly Paid Into His Account In Qatar by DeRay98(m): 12:09pm On Aug 21, 2017
Dansiki1:
You were referring to your parent as being dull, that's why I never thought of giving you a response. Keep your madness within your clique.

Your stupidity stinks.
Re: Michael Asemota Returns N150 million Wrongly Paid Into His Account In Qatar by stubbornRebel: 12:47pm On Aug 21, 2017
dominique:

Are you trying to be funny or just plain naive? You think the bank won't investigate why there's such a deficit in their balance? Besides how will you feel if you mistakenly credit the wrong person and the person refuse to refund you saying its God that finally answered his call? Taking what does not belong to you is called STEALING and it can never be God's blessing.

1. It wasn't taken, it was given
2. I haven't made a case of refusing to refund the money. You still don't get it do you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PIX. See What Thieves Did To My Laptop / Phone Shop. / 17-Year-Old Prosperity Olorunfemi Is Now A Millionaire (Photo) / Man In Suit Selling Egg & Noodles In Lagos (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.