Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,873 members, 7,798,923 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:23 PM

Most Dangerous Dog Breeds In The World - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Most Dangerous Dog Breeds In The World (2135 Views)

Some Banned Dog Breeds In The World, Origin And Reasons (Video) / Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) / Checkout The Most Dangerous DOG Breeds. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Dangerous Dog Breeds In The World by limpopo: 4:28pm On Aug 20, 2017
DOBERMAN

Though the reputation of doberman’s has improved over the years, they still are potentially dangerous with their size and strength. In 2011, and elderly woman in the United States was killed by her pet doberman.

Re: Most Dangerous Dog Breeds In The World by Greene66: 4:30pm On Aug 20, 2017
Doberman isn't dangerous

1 Like

Re: Most Dangerous Dog Breeds In The World by Airoflaw(m): 4:48pm On Aug 20, 2017
limpopo:
DOBERMAN

Though the reputation of doberman’s has improved over the years, they still are potentially dangerous with their size and strength. In 2011, and elderly woman in the United States was killed by her pet doberman.
pic nko?
Re: Most Dangerous Dog Breeds In The World by oloriooko(m): 5:03pm On Aug 20, 2017
OP tired out so soon? Or your dobberman attacked you too? grin

1 Like

Re: Most Dangerous Dog Breeds In The World by michealdeco: 5:13pm On Aug 20, 2017
If u can't handle a Doberman what of a bull dog or pitbull cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Most Dangerous Dog Breeds In The World by Goldicon49: 11:49pm On Aug 21, 2017
Oga Op how is dobber man dangerous now..just because they are good Guard dogs does not make them Extremely dangerous to make that list .. Have you heard of the American Pitbull terrier? ..... ,wolf hybrid, tosa inu ,Dogo Argentino ,kangal,rott , Fila Brasileiro ,Presa Canario ... these are what we call dangerous ..these dogs are band in many countries ,dobberman is only band in Ireland. I bet my Caucasian Ovcharka can handle a dobberman anytime anyday .do your research well

1 Like

Re: Most Dangerous Dog Breeds In The World by Namdeenero(m): 6:54am On Aug 22, 2017
Greene66:
Doberman isn't dangerous
This breed has a very high prey drive, this alone is enough to make it dangerous.
Re: Most Dangerous Dog Breeds In The World by Greene66: 7:01am On Aug 22, 2017
Namdeenero:
This breed has a very high prey drive, this alone is enough to make it dangerous.

I disagree.

Almost all dog breeds have high prey drive. We can't tag them dangerous because of their prey drive.

2 Likes

Re: Most Dangerous Dog Breeds In The World by Greene66: 7:02am On Aug 22, 2017
Goldicon49:
Oga Op how is dobber man dangerous now..just because they are good Guard dogs does not make them Extremely dangerous to make that list .. Have you heard of the American Pitbull terrier? ..... ,wolf hybrid, tosa inu ,Dogo Argentino ,kangal,rott , Fila Brasileiro ,Presa Canario ... these are what we call dangerous ..these dogs are band in many countries ,dobberman is only band in Ireland. I bet my Caucasian Ovcharka can handle a dobberman anytime anyday .do your research well

All the breeds you mentioned except the Wolf Hybridge, Pitbull and Kangal are not dangerous.
Re: Most Dangerous Dog Breeds In The World by Namdeenero(m): 7:19am On Aug 22, 2017
Greene66:

I disagree.

Almost all dog breeds have high prey drive. We can't tag them dangerous because of their prey drive.
Note that I mentioned very high prey drive. They have high bursts of energy just like the Belgian Malinois or german shepherd. This breed is highly territorial and dominant. Anyway to me all dogs are dangerous in the wrong hands

1 Like

Re: Most Dangerous Dog Breeds In The World by Greene66: 7:22am On Aug 22, 2017
Namdeenero:
Note that I mentioned very high prey drive. They have high bursts of energy just like the Belgian Malinois or german shepherd. This breed is highly territorial and dominant. Anyway to me all dogs are dangerous in the wrong hands

You just said it all.

It's all about the handling.

4 Likes

Re: Most Dangerous Dog Breeds In The World by roqrules04(m): 2:23pm On Aug 22, 2017
No pictures on this thread lipsrsealed
Re: Most Dangerous Dog Breeds In The World by Goldicon49: 10:39pm On Aug 22, 2017
Greene66:

All the breeds you mentioned except the Wolf Hybridge, Pitbull and Kangal are not dangerous.
lol really?
Re: Most Dangerous Dog Breeds In The World by Goldicon49: 10:42pm On Aug 22, 2017
Namdeenero:
Exactly
Re: Most Dangerous Dog Breeds In The World by Greene66: 11:12pm On Aug 22, 2017
Goldicon49:
lol really?

Yes.

Tell me what makes a Rottweiler or Canario dangerous?

Even the pit bull isn't as dangerous. If it's a matter of temperament, or prey drive, all dogs are dangerous. A small lhasa apso was bred to guard. As tiny as it is. It can be dangerous too but we wouldn't call it 'dangerous'

90% dog breeds were bred to work/guard. Mostly guard against wolves and other predators. So 90% of them have the killer instinct. So as long as you don't give them a reason to kill or attack you, then what makes them dangerous?

There are pitbulls that play with babies.. so please.

1 Like

Re: Most Dangerous Dog Breeds In The World by Namdeenero(m): 7:32am On Aug 23, 2017
Greene66:

Yes.

Tell me what makes a Rottweiler or Canario dangerous?

Even the pit bull isn't as dangerous. If it's a matter of temperament, or prey drive, all dogs are dangerous. A small lhasa apso was bred to guard. As tiny as it is. It can be dangerous too but we wouldn't call it 'dangerous'

90% dog breeds were bred to work/guard. Mostly guard against wolves and other predators. So 90% of them have the killer instinct. So as long as you don't give them a reason to kill or attack you, then what makes them dangerous?

There are pitbulls that play with babies.. so please.
Bro I think when he classified them as dangerous he meant dogs that have high incident rates but that's overseas sha. Coming to Nigeria I think GSD should top that list cos so far it's only GSD that has been on the news due to bite cases.

p.s you see those ones that are bred to hunt predators, those one are very dangerous o. Although some people keep their pets close to babies, it has never been advisable because sometimes the outcome is always a sad one. Me sef I no fit try am. And the Dogo Argentino is a very dangerous breed but I love it cheesy

1 Like

Re: Most Dangerous Dog Breeds In The World by Greene66: 1:18pm On Aug 23, 2017
Namdeenero:
Bro I think when he classified them as dangerous he meant dogs that have high incident rates but that's overseas sha. Coming to Nigeria I think GSD should top that list cos so far it's only GSD that has been on the news due to bite cases.

p.s you see those ones that are bred to hunt predators, those one are very dangerous o. Although some people keep their pets close to babies, it has never been advisable because sometimes the outcome is always a sad one. Me sef I no fit try am. And the Dogo Argentino is a very dangerous breed but I love it cheesy

It's true. I agree that there are very dangerous dogs out there... But like you mentioned earlier it all depends on how we relate with them and handle them.

And I think people should adopt/buy dogs for their breed purpose. Don't just buy for the sake of buying or because it's fine or its 'cute'. When you buy a dog for the purpose at which it was bred you wouldn't worry because you would obviously have everything under control.

For example, you buy a GSD. GSDs are working breeds in as much as people have slowly turned it to a show dog but it is bred to work. If you have such, you would 'put it to work'. Maybe use it for security or farm work or labor. Same goes to other breeds like the Rottweiler. Buy it for their main purpose. Don't buy a rottweiler because you like it's 'swag' and keep it inside your house with children and when it happens you say rott is dangerous.
Re: Most Dangerous Dog Breeds In The World by Namdeenero(m): 4:53pm On Aug 23, 2017
Greene66:

It's true. I agree that there are very dangerous dogs out there... But like you mentioned earlier it all depends on how we relate with them and handle them.

And I think people should adopt/buy dogs for their breed purpose. Don't just buy for the sake of buying or because it's fine or its 'cute'. When you buy a dog for the purpose at which it was bred you wouldn't worry because you would obviously have everything under control.

For example, you buy a GSD. GSDs are working breeds in as much as people have slowly turned it to a show dog but it is bred to work. If you have such, you would 'put it to work'. Maybe use it for security or farm work or labor. Same goes to other breeds like the Rottweiler. Buy it for their main purpose. Don't buy a rottweiler because you like it's 'swag' and keep it inside your house with children and when it happens you say rott is dangerous.
Spot on bro!

(1) (Reply)

See What A Dog Deed To A Cat Today / Dog Photos / Pitbull Terrier Puppy For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.