Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand (183426 Views)

Ondo State's Sunshine Travels: 8 Things You Should Know (Photos) / Any One In New Zealand And Living There / New Zealand Adds Prostitution To List Of Employment Skills For Immigrants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (54) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 1:45am On Sep 21, 2018
murphy02:
Your chances of getting a work visa either by job sponsorship or any other means depends solely on u and your orientation ( both street and intellectual)

Please can you explain this further
Thanks
lol.... If you’re not shy to walk into any office, factory, businesses or even social gatherings...... to talk to people, to put yourself out there....to seek for help without being ashamed. And u are physically and mentally prepared for the task, embarrassment and fun of trying to know people or seeking for whatever u want, then u have a chance.....truth is most migrants go through this before they become who or what they are today. Some were lucky, some were not....

PS : This is not an immigration advice but my personal opinion

5 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by richie04: 9:07am On Sep 21, 2018
murphy02:
Your chances of getting a work visa either by job sponsorship or any other means depends solely on u and your orientation ( both street and intellectual)

Thanks
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by richie04: 9:08am On Sep 21, 2018
murphy02:

Thanks
Bro wad up please drop me your email or email at rychostreet91@gmail.com please I have some things to ask you thanks
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by solin: 6:54pm On Sep 21, 2018
You must have seen a whole lot.
Thanks for the advise.
femijck:
lol.... If you’re not shy to walk into any office, factory, businesses or even social gatherings...... to talk to people, to put yourself out there....to seek for help without being ashamed. And u are physically and mentally prepared for the task, embarrassment and fun of trying to know people or seeking for whatever u want, then u have a chance.....truth is most migrants go through this before they become who or what they are today. Some were lucky, some were not....

PS : This is not an immigration advice but my personal opinion
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 7:01pm On Sep 21, 2018
solin:
You must have seen a whole lot.
Thanks for the advise.
Not really... just telling d truth from my experience....but now it’s all worth it......
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 7:02pm On Sep 21, 2018
richie04:
Bro wad up please drop me your email or email at rychostreet91@gmail.com please I have some things to ask you thanks
I will but might take a while to response sorry
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by solin: 7:37pm On Sep 21, 2018
I can feel that.
Keep sharing the experience it will help a whole lot here. I admire the Indians and Chinese for this. They have been able to bring in so many of their countrymen down to NZ.
femijck:
Not really... just telling d truth from my experience....but now it’s all worth it......
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by murphy02(m): 8:09pm On Sep 21, 2018
femijck:

I've glanced through the skills needed online, but from experience what skill do you think is mostly desired...and not too costly to acquire

Thanks
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 9:26pm On Sep 21, 2018
murphy02:

I've glanced through the skills needed online, but from experience what skill do you think is mostly desired...and not too costly to acquire

Thanks
The most pressing one at the moment is mainly any skill related to construction.... but go for whatever u feel u will fit in d most (ur passion). Any skill is selling.... even without skill, u still selling..����

Most employers here are looking for hardworking and people with the right attitude to work and they will spend their money to train u.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by spankyflex(m): 9:31pm On Sep 21, 2018
femijck:
The most pressing one at the moment is mainly any skill related to construction.... but go for whatever u feel u will fit in d most (ur passion). Any skill is selling.... even without skill, u still selling..����
hi boss, please wanna know if an account balance of 1.5million Naira is enough to fund a visiting visa. am actually planning on attending a conference there next year. Thanks
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by murphy02(m): 5:49am On Sep 22, 2018
femijck:

Most employers here are looking for hardworking and people with the right attitude to work and they will spend their money to train u.

Pls I've got some important private questions, I want to ask, I ve sent u a pm or better still you can mail me on zeason2@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 6:47am On Sep 22, 2018
murphy02:

Pls I've got some important private questions, I want to ask, I ve sent u a pm or better still you can mail me on zeason2@yahoo.com
ok ... check ur mail
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by spankyflex(m): 7:33am On Sep 22, 2018
femijck:
ok ... check ur mail
hi,i sent you a mail. can you reply.thanks
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 7:41am On Sep 22, 2018
spankyflex:
hi,i sent you a mail. can you reply.thanks
didnt receive that
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 8:37am On Sep 22, 2018
femijck:
ok ... check ur mail
check ur mail
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by solin: 11:58am On Sep 22, 2018
I would like to implore us to ask all questions here as it will help others who might be reading this tread for the first time and are in similar situation.

Going forward it will help the thread not to go into extinction.
@Femijck, Please encourage questions to be answered here.

Thank you.

6 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by spankyflex(m): 12:28pm On Sep 22, 2018
spankyflex:
hi boss, please wanna know if an account balance of 1.5million Naira is enough to fund a visiting visa. am actually planning on attending a conference there next year. Thanks
hi,Solin can you answer this? thanks.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Jerrymandela: 1:08pm On Sep 22, 2018
Hello bro we're waiting for your answer on the last question thanks
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by solin: 1:14pm On Sep 22, 2018
Technically no.
1.5m isn't enough though. Based on inz website. For a visit visa you need like1k dollars for a min period of 3 months or based on the number of months/weeks you will spend in NZ. Let's do the math, #500k is about 2k nz dollars and cost of flight is between 850k-1m round trip which means you are spending all you have for your trip. If you can get additional fund of 500k-1m you'd be fine.
Op can also shed more insight here.
spankyflex:
hi,Solin can you answer this? thanks.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by go4value(m): 1:22pm On Sep 22, 2018
Have been following this thread for long.. Am very much impressed with @femijack and @solitn contributions... If you get legit package with guarantee... You can drop it here or pm me.. I always believe that all things are possible

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by spankyflex(m): 4:27pm On Sep 22, 2018
solin:
Technically no.
1.5m isn't enough though. Based on inz website. For a visit visa you need like1k dollars for a min period of 3 months or based on the number of months/weeks you will spend in NZ. Let's do the math, #500k is about 2k nz dollars and cost of flight is between 850k-1m round trip which means you are spending all you have for your trip. If you can get additional fund of 500k-1m you'd be fine.
Op can also shed more insight here.
Thanks for the reply, am actually staying for 10days.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by solin: 5:48pm On Sep 22, 2018
State it in your cover letter. You can also check of the conference will provide for your accommodation. If all that is in place you can file your application as soon as possible.
spankyflex:
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by spankyflex(m): 5:53pm On Sep 22, 2018
solin:
State it in your cover letter. You can also check of the conference will provide for your accommodation. If all that is in place you can file your application as soon as possible.
ok thanks
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 10:39pm On Sep 22, 2018
spankyflex:
Lets be realistic here.....1.5M is like 6k here..... and u coming for a seminar..... ur flight will cost over 2500$ and ur hotel and expenses will be around 200k for that 10 days so how does this seminar add value to u and what u do, that u are willing to empty ur account to attend. How is this seminar so important to what u do or ur qualifications. And if someone is sponsoring ur trip to the seminar, what do they stand to gain from you attending this seminar.
This is how a case officer will look at it..... So I would say ‘No’ it’s not enough.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 11:08pm On Sep 22, 2018
solin:
I would like to implore us to ask all questions here as it will help others who might be reading this tread for the first time and are in similar situation.

Going forward it will help the thread not to go into extinction.
@Femijck, Please encourage questions to be answered here.

Thank you.
Yes you right.... I can’t even reply to PM individually...... I understand some are confidential. Many people are reading without commenting and this will help them too and also save us some time for cuppa..........lol
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by spankyflex(m): 7:59am On Sep 23, 2018
femijck:
Lets be realistic here.....1.5M is like 6k here..... and u coming for a seminar..... ur flight will cost over 2500$ and ur hotel and expenses will be around 200k for that 10 days so how does this seminar add value to u and what u do, that u are willing to empty ur account to attend. How is this seminar so important to what u do or ur qualifications. And if someone is sponsoring ur trip to the seminar, what do they stand to gain from you attending this seminar.
This is how a case officer will look at it..... So I would say ‘No’ it’s not enough.
thanks for the response, I work with a NGO though, the 1.5M is my estimated budget for the conference and am also sight seeing too .I have other funds though mostly in tbills and mutual funds.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 8:14am On Sep 23, 2018
spankyflex:
thanks for the response, I work with a NGO though, the 1.5M is my estimated budget for the conference and am also sight seeing too .I have other funds though mostly in tbills and mutual funds.
ok give it a try then....
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 8:21am On Sep 23, 2018
murphy02:

Thanks
One thing I’m concerned about ur visa is the 1 year duration of a visit visa..... I may be wrong but I suggest u check the authenticity as NZ only issued 3,6 and 9 months visa..... did u send your passport to INZ yourself or the agent did

https://www.newzealandshores.com/new-zealand-visas/temporary-visas/visitor-visa/

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by murphy02(m): 9:20am On Sep 23, 2018
femijck:
One thing I’m concerned about ur visa is the 1 year duration of a visit visa..... I may be wrong but I suggest u check the authenticity as NZ only issued 3,6 and 9 months visa..... did u send your passport to INZ yourself or the agent did

https://www.newzealandshores.com/new-zealand-visas/temporary-visas/visitor-visa/

The expiration date is one year, however I can only stay for 3months within that one yr , if I intend to stay longer I will need to apply for a variation of condition.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 10:02am On Sep 23, 2018
murphy02:

The expiration date is one year, however I can only stay for 3months within that one yr , if I intend to stay longer I will need to apply for a variation of condition.
ok that makes sense......so u have a 3 months visa not 1 year

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by virago(f): 7:18pm On Sep 23, 2018
richie04:
Baba abeg I don pm you I wan reason with you my email is rychostreet91@gmail.com pls get in touch with me

gringringrin Nigerians una go ki mi with laff
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 23, 2018
Hello guys, please I need the link to the New Zealand skilled immigration thread

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (54) (Reply)

Any Nairalander In Abidjan? / U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.