Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,409 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand (183644 Views)

Ondo State's Sunshine Travels: 8 Things You Should Know (Photos) / Any One In New Zealand And Living There / New Zealand Adds Prostitution To List Of Employment Skills For Immigrants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (54) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Ticha: 6:30am On Mar 31, 2021
demmysoft:

Please house just came across this link, I was just issued NZeTA last week, trying to look for how to travel down that I dabble into this forum, Is it advisable to go ahead with this. I mean settled the agent with the balance, I only droped a deposit of 100k, can someone enter New Zealand with this NZeTA now.

You advise and idea is highly welcome.

Unless you have citizenship of another country which is a visa waiver country, you can't use an NZeTA. Plus it costs about N5/8000 if applying directly. Long story short - you've wasted your money. Even if the visa is real (which it may well be) it won't grant you entry.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/apply-for-a-visa/about-visa/nzeta#https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/apply-for-a-visa/tools-and-information/general-information/transit-visa-waiver-country/slider

The link gives you a list of all the visa waiver countries.

Please read all the posts here and stop giving agents free money!
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Oscardon2: 2:07pm On Apr 03, 2021
Can nztea be granted to a Nigerian by new Zealand immigration knowing fully wel Nigeria is not in a waiver country on their list
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 11:27am On Apr 14, 2021
Oscardon2:
Can nztea be granted to a Nigerian by new Zealand immigration knowing fully wel Nigeria is not in a waiver country on their list
anybody can get a NZtea approved.....it's up to u why u applying for one.nztea on it's on is not a visa and no airline will even allow u board with that....u can apply for NZtea yourself which only cost a few $$. Just as Ticha said.....#100k is wasted sorry my friend.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Goodies1: 9:56pm On Apr 21, 2021
Good evening all!
I'm new here...
Please what's the process to getting a work to residency visa ? Or a PR visa from Nigeria?
I'm also considering moving with family

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by AyodejiGREAT: 5:50pm On May 06, 2021
Ticha:

That is from the INZ website. See the circled part. New Zealand has one of the most open immigration systems. Hard to gain entry yes but very open and transparent. Everything is on their website for a timer.

Good evening Ticha,can you please share this website Link so I can go read stuff myself about migration before coming back to ask for further questions.. thanks
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Ticha: 9:21pm On May 08, 2021
AyodejiGREAT:

Good evening Ticha,can you please share this website Link so I can go read stuff myself about migration before coming back to ask for further questions.. thanks

Morning Ayodeji - these 2 websites will give you all the information you need. One is the Immigration New Zealand Website and the other is the Government COVID information website.
On another note - the general education recovery plan has been released for consultation to those of us in the sector so for those who want to study, visas may (may is the operative word) become available from Oct 2021. They are planning on increasing visa allocations for Masters and PhD students and reducing the number of available visas for pre degree and degree programmes. Already, dependents can't access education and health facilities for free if on a degree or sub degree programme. Universities are also upping the fees by almost $10k. NZ is looking to cream the very best of many countries that want to come here.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas

https://covid19.govt.nz/travel-and-the-border/travel-to-new-zealand/#who-can-travel-to-new-zealand

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by AbuAzeemah: 1:41pm On May 11, 2021
@femi, @ticha, pls i need INZ email address.
It very urgent
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Ticha: 12:39am On May 12, 2021
AbuAzeemah:
@femi, @ticha, pls i need INZ email address.
It very urgent

There isn't a dedicated email address per se. Each dept will have one that would have been included on the acknowledgement letter sent to you if you have applied already. The best way to reach them is by your case worker. You can find out who the case worker is by calling up the contact centre.

Contact Centre (Toll-free from NZ landlines only): 0508 558 855
Auckland: 09 914 4100
Wellington: 04 910 9915
Rest of the world: +64 9 914 4100
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by AbuAzeemah: 1:37pm On May 14, 2021
Thank u @ticha, just find out now that have been holding on fake NZ employment visa for the past 2 months. Still never believe until I called my employer NZ, they told me that it was a scam. It still like a dream
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by AbuAzeemah: 11:58pm On May 15, 2021
Kindly check ur mail sir
I just sent my employment visa and the visa grant for verification sir
Regards
femijck:
For those.wanting to confirm visas....send it to Tomlarryx@gmail.com..

I will have a look.amd update here...please quote me here once you've done that
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by femijck(m): 7:59am On May 17, 2021
AbuAzeemah:
Kindly check ur mail sir
I just sent my employment visa and the visa grant for verification sir
Regards

Check ur email
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Sammysammysammy: 7:50am On May 18, 2021
Good morning to everyone on this Nairaland plaitform. I give kudos to the initator and others that have been keeping the plaitform active and educative in respect of the subject.
I have read from page 1 up to the last and have learnt so much.

I came across an information while reading through that New zealand do not grant 2 years work permit/visa. Please I need the house advice as an agent presents an offer of 2 years NZ work visa to me and even sent a sample of the one he did recently. It is a e-visa, on it, visa issue date is 15 April, 2021 and Visa valid date is 15 April, 2023, which makes the visa valid for 2 years.

Does that mean the visa he showed me is fake?
He actually requested for a deposit of 300k or I show a bank draft of the full service charge before he starts the process.

Please your Swift response will go a long way
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Ticha: 11:30pm On May 18, 2021
Sammysammysammy:
Good morning to everyone on this Nairaland plaitform. I give kudos to the initator and others that have been keeping the plaitform active and educative in respect of the subject.
I have read from page 1 up to the last and have learnt so much.

I came across an information while reading through that New zealand do not grant 2 years work permit/visa. Please I need the house advice as an agent presents an offer of 2 years NZ work visa to me and even sent a sample of the one he did recently. It is a e-visa, on it, visa issue date is 15 April, 2021 and Visa valid date is 15 April, 2023, which makes the visa valid for 2 years.

Does that mean the visa he showed me is fake?
He actually requested for a deposit of 300k or I show a bank draft of the full service charge before he starts the process.

Please your Swift response will go a long way

The visa is most definitely fake. For any visa longer than 12 months, you need a full medical in a clinic chosen by INZ (only 4 or so in 9ja if I'm not mistaken) including x rays and a police check as part of your visa application. You DO NOT NEED AN AGENT for a NZ visa. Plus the borders are closed to all but the wealthiest immigrants. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

E reach to shout ontop this matter.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Sammysammysammy: 6:00am On May 19, 2021
Ticha:

The visa is most definitely fake. For any visa longer than 12 months, you need a full medical in a clinic chosen by INZ (only 4 or so in 9ja if I'm not mistaken) including x rays and a police check as part of your visa application. You DO NOT NEED AN AGENT for a NZ visa. Plus the borders are closed to all but the wealthiest immigrants. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

E reach to shout ontop this matter.

Thanks for the reply and advice @Ticha, highly appreciated. Can you give me your E-mail so I can send the visa for you to peruse.

Also how can I apply for NZ jobs by myself from Nigeria here? Is there any dedicated website/link for that ?
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Santos02: 9:51am On May 19, 2021
Sammysammysammy:

Thanks for the reply and advice @Ticha, highly appreciated. Can you give me your E-mail so I can send the visa for you to peruse.

Also how can I apply for NZ jobs by myself from Nigeria here? Is there any dedicated website/link for that ?
Hi..I don't mean to sound discouraging but I wouldn't advise NZ, fine I understand everyone wants to leave Nigeria because of the situation right now but have you considered where you want to move to...I believe you probably hope to settle there with a job but have you considered?
1) Newzealand is beautiful..far away but still has a lot to offer [ I have met different people who just want to leave this country to find greener pastures but until you travel abroad you will understand life is not as sweet as it seems]..opting for a job is good as you will have something to land on but do not forget before you can be given a job you must have an exceptional quality that would make a company want to employ you..[note that you are not the only one applying and they would want to consider their citizens or people of less burden first]
What do I mean by people of less burden?... As you will be looking for a job and would need visa sponsorship ..in that case the company would have to wait for about 2months or less for the visa process and some companies would pay for your flight and other expenses incurred in bringing you over[instead of them going through all that they would prefer someone that wouldn't give them much stress..., but like i said earlier if you have what it takes you have absolutely NO PROBLEM]
2) Newzealand is ranked No 1 by WHO for high skin cancer rate due to where it's located. [ however this does not imply that you will have skin cancer it just states the country is more prone]
3) High cost of living( especially for most imported goods)
4) Culture and other personal factors determine[ I love koreans and their culture..although I had never been to korea at that time I told myself I would learn and integrate very well...when I did travel I became sick and couldn't eat most of the food but I later adapted over time] my point is prepare to be shocked culturally and personally...( you will eventually become used to it)
5) HIGH number of earthquakes( most times it depends on where you are residing) you should find out where you are applying for a job[ you dont want to settle in and have everything destroyed by earthquakes]
6) I don't know about active volcanoes but just do your research.
7) It can get boring...[ I am british Nigerian and has travelled a lot... because I have explored a lot Newzealand was boring for me but coming from Nigeria you might be fine. Most people come to Newzealand to rest or vacation but I tell you it is beautiful and worth it.
I am not trying to discourage you or anything..when I first left Nigeria to Canada I had so many expectations but it was all ruined for me[ Everyone has different experiences] I had to come back to Nigeria with Nothing, I had spent all I had on Canada and regretted it...eventually I went to uk and lived for 7 years before becoming a citizen and now with my passport I can travel to some countries visa free. I am only telling you so you dont put all your hope into this and get disappointed at the end..please still carry on with your dream but dont put all your egg in one basket.. Also check on the covid measures on who they currently allow enter the country. I am currently in Japan but if you need any help feel free to ask. Like I said the process is different for everyone the fact my first experience was bad doesn't mean yours will ..I just want you to be absolutely sure.

7 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Santos02: 9:54am On May 19, 2021
Sammysammysammy:

As for jobs website I recommend LinkedIn.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Ticha: 10:30pm On May 19, 2021
Sammysammysammy:

Yes you can apply for the jobs although your chances of success are pretty slim.

www.seek.co.nz is your best bet for jobs. Closely followed by www.trademe.co.nz

NZ unfortunately has one of the toughest conditions around immigration visas. It's straight forward and reasonably easy to follow but very hard to get for even Westerners. If you really, really want to come over here or Australia for that matter, going the study route is your best bet. And even then, you're probably looking at next year.

Until the borders open - view every visa issued (including tourist/visit visas) with the most utmost suspicion. And most certainly any visa where you hand nothing but money over and just receive it, put in the thrash can!
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Sammysammysammy: 7:44am On May 20, 2021
Santos02:
Hi..I don't mean to sound discouraging but I wouldn't advise NZ, fine I understand everyone wants to leave Nigeria because of the situation right now but have you considered where you want to move to...I believe you probably hope to settle there with a job but have you considered?
1) Newzealand is beautiful..far away but still has a lot to offer [ I have met different people who just want to leave this country to find greener pastures but until you travel abroad you will understand life is not as sweet as it seems]..opting for a job is good as you will have something to land on but do not forget before you can be given a job you must have an exceptional quality that would make a company want to employ you..[note that you are not the only one applying and they would want to consider their citizens or people of less burden first]
What do I mean by people of less burden?... As you will be looking for a job and would need visa sponsorship ..in that case the company would have to wait for about 2months or less for the visa process and some companies would pay for your flight and other expenses incurred in bringing you over[instead of them going through all that they would prefer someone that wouldn't give them much stress..., but like i said earlier if you have what it takes you have absolutely NO PROBLEM]
2) Newzealand is ranked No 1 by WHO for high skin cancer rate due to where it's located. [ however this does not imply that you will have skin cancer it just states the country is more prone]
3) High cost of living( especially for most imported goods)
4) Culture and other personal factors determine[ I love koreans and their culture..although I had never been to korea at that time I told myself I would learn and integrate very well...when I did travel I became sick and couldn't eat most of the food but I later adapted over time] my point is prepare to be shocked culturally and personally...( you will eventually become used to it)
5) HIGH number of earthquakes( most times it depends on where you are residing) you should find out where you are applying for a job[ you dont want to settle in and have everything destroyed by earthquakes]
6) I don't know about active volcanoes but just do your research.
7) It can get boring...[ I am british Nigerian and has travelled a lot... because I have explored a lot Newzealand was boring for me but coming from Nigeria you might be fine. Most people come to Newzealand to rest or vacation but I tell you it is beautiful and worth it.
I am not trying to discourage you or anything..when I first left Nigeria to Canada I had so many expectations but it was all ruined for me[ Everyone has different experiences] I had to come back to Nigeria with Nothing, I had spent all I had on Canada and regretted it...eventually I went to uk and lived for 7 years before becoming a citizen and now with my passport I can travel to some countries visa free. I am only telling you so you dont put all your hope into this and get disappointed at the end..please still carry on with your dream but dont put all your egg in one basket.. Also check on the covid measures on who they currently allow enter the country. I am currently in Japan but if you need any help feel free to ask. Like I said the process is different for everyone the fact my first experience was bad doesn't mean yours will ..I just want you to be absolutely sure.

@Santos02, thanks so much for taking your time to advise, all points are noted. Since NZ borders is even still closed, I think I may be looking at considering other options. What is the tution for international student like in Japan ??

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Sammysammysammy: 7:51am On May 20, 2021
Ticha:

Yes you can apply for the jobs although your chances of success are pretty slim.

www.seek.co.nz is your best bet for jobs. Closely followed by www.trademe.co.nz

NZ unfortunately has one of the toughest conditions around immigration visas. It's straight forward and reasonably easy to follow but very hard to get for even Westerners. If you really, really want to come over here or Australia for that matter, going the study route is your best bet. And even then, you're probably looking at next year.

Until the borders open - view every visa issued (including tourist/visit visas) with the most utmost suspicion. And most certainly any visa where you hand nothing but money over and just receive it, put in the thrash can!

Thank you bro for doing a great job on this plaitform and for being strict in your submissions
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Santos02: 10:06am On May 20, 2021
Sammysammysammy:

@Santos02, thanks so much for taking your time to advise, all points are noted. Since NZ borders is even still closed, I think I may be looking at considering other options. What is the tution for international student like in Japan ??
Sorry for the late reply.. I honestly dont really know much about schools here but
1) It depends on where in japan you are planning to study (I'm only here till probably next month) but I know a lot of schools are very good here.... I currently stay in fukuoka . Tuition ranges from about 4000 usd[ about 1.6 milla to over 8000usd[over 3milla].
2)learning the language can be difficult but they are schools that have courses in English for both Bachelors and Masters. You can use MEXT scholarships[ I know about 3 people who got the schorlaship from Nigeria..I dont know if you have to go to Abuja sha] The schorlaship makes the Visa process easier. As at now the border restrictions are very tight [I'm supposed to be in uk now]. Just do your research if they issue student visas.[https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.edarabia.com/universities/fukuoka/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjmw-3O8dfwAhXAA2MBHUEaC1EQFjAKegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw3lw7NljU479Iiual7toMM4] the link is for schools in fukuoka but you could check schools in other places tho.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Artistavin: 9:52pm On May 20, 2021
plz can you post the sample here for the benefit of all to know and see how it looks like to avoid scam.....thanks for your understanding.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Santos02: 8:49am On May 21, 2021
Artistavin:
plz can you post the sample here for the benefit of all to know and see how it looks like to avoid scam.....thanks for your understanding.
I'm sorry..was this question directed at me? If yes I dont really understand please rephrase..........if no apologies for the assumptions.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Artistavin: 12:17pm On May 21, 2021
sorry not urs is for .....Ticha
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Ticha: 3:45am On May 22, 2021
Artistavin:
sorry not urs is for .....Ticha

No one needs a sample. NZ is currently not issuing any visas except in very exceptional circumstances that majority of us cannot meet (that's worldwide and not just Nigerians) If in doubt, call INZ. Their number is posted above.

Any visa purportedly issued since March 29 2020 is fake because that's when all the general visa processes stopped. Any purported work visas issued before 29th March 2020 where you haven't gone through the whole process - application, medicals, xrays, police check is again fake. It's impossible to get a NZ work or student visa without being actively involved in the visa process
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by water4: 5:24am On May 22, 2021
Hi Ticha,

Thanks for finding time to explain things. Please, I have few questions:

1 you suggested that study-route is easier to PR. What are the chances of surviving/paying up even as a student (job availability) when most economic activities isn't quite flourishing (pandemic)?

2. Apart from upgrading and packaging one's professional resume, are there other things to do in other to land a job in NZ directly from Naija?

3. Must one have a job/be sponsored by a company to qualify for a work Visa?

4. What professions/careers would you suggest have more opportunities to get jobs/work visas directly from Naija?

Thanks
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Artistavin: 10:15am On May 22, 2021
no problem I understand your point.
but nz have not given any update on their border reopening apart from the traveling bubble with Australia and cook island.
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Ticha: 1:22pm On May 22, 2021
water4:
Hi Ticha,

Thanks for finding time to explain things. Please, I have few questions:

1 you suggested that study-route is easier to PR. What are the chances of surviving/paying up even as a student (job availability) when most economic activities isn't quite flourishing (pandemic)?

2. Apart from upgrading and packaging one's professional resume, are there other things to do in other to land a job in NZ directly from Naija?

3. Must one have a job/be sponsored by a company to qualify for a work Visa?

4. What professions/careers would you suggest have more opportunities to get jobs/work visas directly from Naija?

Thanks

1. This is an I don't know question because there have been no new students since March 2020. I guess it totally depends on where you locate yourself and what you choose to study (ie fees and cost of living vs wages). The one thing NZ really, really lacks is a qualified workforce and that includes skilled and semi skilled jobs. The lack is also a lot more evident since the pandemic plus NZ suffers from the same issue that a lot of western countries suffer from. Their citizens like to pick and choose when it comes to work cos it's a socialist state.

2. No idea - I came via the UK (lived in the UK for almost 12 years first) so someone else might be better placed to answer that question. I have met a Nigerian that was recruited straight from 9ja but she's a dermatologist and she used an agency.

3. No. The SMC visa (suspended for now) allows people to come on a work visa with no sponsorship.

4. The skills shortage list if your best guide here. It not only tells you where the shortages are, it also tells you how acute the shortages are.
https://skillshortages.immigration.govt.nz/ the more acute the shortages, the higher the chances of getting a job in that field if your are qualified and have the skills.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by water4: 4:27pm On May 23, 2021
@Ticha

You are doing a great job! Thanks

3 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Cceemmaa: 10:51am On May 24, 2021
Hello Everyone. Please I'm new in this platform. I'm trying to apply for canada student visa but I'm confused on the schools and programs.
I graduated in law in 2012 with a 3rd class. Please I would like to know the schools and what program I should go for so as to get a student permit visa. Should I go for diploma courses or certificate courses since most of the schools don't accept a 3rd class for post graduate programmes. Please help me.
I have applied for court clerk and paralegal program in humber college because English proficiency isn't needed because I don't have an ielet.
Please I need more schools. Thanks
Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by Artistavin: 7:06pm On May 24, 2021
those it mean that this is fake.

Re: 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand by ThePianoGuy: 6:35am On May 26, 2021
femijck:

Check ur email
boss check your email.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (54) (Reply)

Any Nairalander In Abidjan? / U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.