Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,946 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Buhari Address To The Nation. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Address To The Nation. (46474 Views)

Full Text: President Buhari's Address On COVID-19 Lockdown On 27th April, 2020 / 'President Buhari Wore Pam Slippers To Address The Nation Instead Of Shoes' / Nigerians React To President Buhari’s Address To The Nation (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Address To The Nation. by Elose11(m): 7:02am On Aug 21, 2017
“My dear citizens,
I am very grateful to God and to all Nigerians for their prayers. I am pleased to be back on home soil among my brothers and sisters.
In the course of my stay in the United Kingdom, I have been kept in daily touch with events at home. Nigerians are robust and lively in discussing their affairs, but I was distressed to notice that some of the comments, especially in the social media have crossed our national red lines by daring to question our collective existence as a nation. This is a step too far.
In 2003 after I joined partisan politics, the late Chief Emeka Ojukwu came and stayed as my guest in my hometown Daura. Over two days we discussed in great depth till late into the night and analyzed the problems of Nigeria. We both came to the conclusion that the country must remain one and united.
Nigeria’s unity is settled and not negotiable. We shall not allow irresponsible elements to start trouble and when things get bad they run away and saddle others with the responsibility of bringing back order, if necessary with their blood.
Every Nigerian has the right to live and pursue his business anywhere in Nigeria without let or hindrance.
I believe the very vast majority of Nigerians share this view.
This is not to deny that there are legitimate concerns. Every group has a grievance. But the beauty and attraction of a federation is that it allows different groups to air their grievances and work out a mode of co-existence.
The National Assembly and the National Council of State are the legitimate and appropriate bodies for national discourse.
The national consensus is that, it is better to live together than to live apart.
Furthermore, I am charging the Security Agencies not to let the successes achieved in the last 18 months be a sign to relax.
Terrorists and criminals must be fought and destroyed relentlessly so that the majority of us can live in peace and safety.
Therefore we are going to reinforce and reinvigorate the fight not only against;
• elements of Boko Haram which are attempting a new series of attacks on soft targets
• kidnappings, farmers versus herdsmen clashes,
• in addition to ethnic violence fuelled by political mischief makers. We shall tackle them all.
Finally, dear Nigerians, our collective interest now is to eschew petty differences and come together to face common challenges of;
• economic security,
• political evolution and integration
• as well as lasting peace among all Nigerians.
I remain resolutely committed to ensuring that these goals are achieved and maintained.
I am so glad to be home.
Thank you and may God bless our dear Nation.”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/buhari-nigeria-s-unity-settled/210926.html

74 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Buhari Address To The Nation. by HungerBAD: 7:02am On Aug 21, 2017
Well spoken.

Spoken like a true leader. I especially love the part where he said we should not let some elements(like Nnamdi Kanu)start trouble,and when it gets hot they will disappear.

The illiterates,touts and mostly brainwashed bottom of the food chain following Kanu about,seems not to realize the scammer has a British Passport,and carries it with him in his pocket just incase he needs to run away fast.

And for those people following him,and know nada. The British Passport is Visa free to 173 Countries. That means,the scammer Kanu can lead you guys into a place of no return and then buy a ticket and disappear to one of the 173 Visa free Countries his passports entitles him to.

While his followers can only run from Onitsha to Mgbidi,or at most Enugu.

Keep listening and following the criminal.

343 Likes 46 Shares

Re: Buhari Address To The Nation. by seunlayi(m): 7:03am On Aug 21, 2017
Thanks OP, I can't be stressing my ears just to listen this traditional and customised broadcast which will lack clarity even after so much obvious editing

@poster above me, why are you making the fear of kanu to turn you to something else? Is it only kanu he was referring to? What of the Arewa boys that gave ultimatum to the Igbos, what about Adeyinka son /opc that also issued out a treat? From your post, it is very obvious that Kanu is better than you

Well, that is the result of the president speech, This is why We need a speech that will actually make us know that change is here, that will touch every aspect of our social, economic, political, etc A speech to make us know that our presiden coolt is back after over 100 days leave. A speech that will make many to forget their breakfast......

80 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari Address To The Nation. by Nobody: 7:03am On Aug 21, 2017
Bubu is back for real

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Address To The Nation. by DickDastardLION(m): 7:03am On Aug 21, 2017
Shallow Rhetorics as expected.

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Address To The Nation. by Stylz69(m): 7:04am On Aug 21, 2017
Very unimpressive disjointed speech!!! Obviously pre-recorded and heavily edited!
6 minutes speech to explain 105 days absence!!!!

231 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Buhari Address To The Nation. by nairalandbuzz(m): 7:05am On Aug 21, 2017
Ish..
Re: Buhari Address To The Nation. by dodelight(m): 7:05am On Aug 21, 2017
Addressing over hundred days absence in a less than 6 minutes broadcast?
Never in our history have we been this defrauded by corrupt politicians, and our justice system trampled upon by political marauders. This is nothing but a national disgrace, making us a laughing stock in the global space. Shame on APC crusaders!!!
If he was truly certified for return by his foreign doctors, he should host a media chat, and not a prerecorded address.

68 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari Address To The Nation. by Youngdream1: 7:05am On Aug 21, 2017
Waste of time. When are you going to resume you this mad man. Nigeria unity is negoitable.

45 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Address To The Nation. by seunmsg(m): 7:05am On Aug 21, 2017
"Every Nigerian has the right to live and pursue his business anywhere in Nigeria without let or hindrance"

Dear Igbos, arewa youths and Niger delta avengers, there you have it. Time for jokes is over. Baba is back and he will no longer tolerate your nonsense. The unity of Nigeria is not negotiable, period!

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Address To The Nation. by ZKOSOSO(m): 7:05am On Aug 21, 2017
This man would never change...

Imagine saying Nigeria unity is non negotiable....!!

Still sounding like the dictator we knew........

We want Biafran, oduduwa, Arewa and middlebelt.

The country is on edge and a president is warning our leaders of thought as if he's school headmaster...

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Address To The Nation. by brainpulse: 7:05am On Aug 21, 2017
"the late Chief Emeka Ojukwu came and stayed as my guest in my hometown Daura. Over two days we discussed in great depth till late into the night and analyzed the problems of Nigeria. We both came to the conclusion that the country must remain one and united."

The CNC has spoken without fear......very matured and succinct message. He didn't dwell on irrelevances or show bitterness.

Terrorists and criminals must be fought and destroyed relentlessly so that the majority of us can live in peace and safety

We shall not allow irresponsible elements to start trouble and when things get bad they run away and saddle others with the responsibility of bringing back order, if necessary with their blood.

He has spoken if you don't like it, he is in Aso rock, go and beat him.

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Address To The Nation. by dodelight(m): 7:06am On Aug 21, 2017
Stylz69:
Very unimpressive disjointed speech!!! Obviously pre-recorded and heavily edited!
Exactly my thought!!!

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Address To The Nation. by Newbiee: 7:06am On Aug 21, 2017
Wailers disappointed once again. Their fake circulated draft of Mr. President speech was not read. Mr. President remains adamant and resolute to deal with trouble makers. Short and brief but tough. Cownu should take note.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Address To The Nation. by electron: 7:06am On Aug 21, 2017
Welcome

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Address To The Nation. by seunlayi(m): 7:06am On Aug 21, 2017
D
Stylz69:

I never expected anything more than that from him, we will need prayer

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Address To The Nation. by MyNewJackeT: 7:06am On Aug 21, 2017
I like the fake one better.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Address To The Nation. by samyyoung(m): 7:07am On Aug 21, 2017
In conclusion: Ipob is in trouble.

No economic discussion.

Improve lives urgently n watch biafran agitation die a natural death, Mr president.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Address To The Nation. by lloydtruth: 7:07am On Aug 21, 2017
His speech was only directed to the biafran agitation, nothing on the economy

64 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Address To The Nation. by ikorodureporta: 7:07am On Aug 21, 2017
...e no sound like am. I almost miss sef
Re: Buhari Address To The Nation. by abelprice(m): 7:07am On Aug 21, 2017
What about the strike..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Address To The Nation. by Elose11(m): 7:07am On Aug 21, 2017
This broadcast was not recorded today. Since the president refers to 18 months, it appears the broadcast was made around February. Are we been taking for a ride again?

60 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari Address To The Nation. by aipob: 7:08am On Aug 21, 2017
At least Buhari is better than some coward Kanu.

Remember Kanu said no referendum no election. But in this private Video with the priest he said.

No truthful INEC no election. What kind of falling hand is this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mbDR6aZiKE

Buhari pls now you're back obey your fellow Hausas and lock this Kanu back in prison.

Shameless coward

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Address To The Nation. by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 21, 2017
Well, business must continue.
Re: Buhari Address To The Nation. by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 21, 2017
Inspiring speech Mr. President

Check my signature

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Address To The Nation. by softmind24: 7:08am On Aug 21, 2017
cool

1 Like

Re: Buhari Address To The Nation. by seunlayi(m): 7:08am On Aug 21, 2017
How do we get here and how do we get our of this?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Address To The Nation. by vengertime: 7:09am On Aug 21, 2017
Instead of him and to resign, useless element. Can't even do anything about education that he doesn't know anything about

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Address To The Nation. by hurricaneChris: 7:09am On Aug 21, 2017
ladies and gentlemen,
I can categorically tell you this speech was pre recorded.
Good to hear our president's voice once again

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Address To The Nation. by NobleBeer(m): 7:09am On Aug 21, 2017
The broadcast was over before my tea water boil. Thank God he didn't resign sha. I was getting scared on how that will turn out up north with the jubilations seen online

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Address To The Nation. by ikorodureporta: 7:09am On Aug 21, 2017
abelprice:
What about the strike..

somtin dey recorded b4 the strike

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Address To The Nation. by HDee(m): 7:09am On Aug 21, 2017
God bless Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars / President Buhari And Bashir Usman Tofa Meet In London (Photos) / Covenant University Students Voting Fela Durotoye In Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.