Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

Video Of President Buhari Addressing The Nation: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video Of President Buhari Addressing The Nation: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable (31684 Views)

UNGA74: President Buhari Addressing UN Today (Photos, Video) / President Buhari Addressing OIC Member States On How To Fight Terrorism (Photos) / Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable – Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of President Buhari Addressing The Nation: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by dujaswags1(m): 9:19am On Aug 21, 2017
aipob:
At least our gallant president is back.

But see IPOB Coward President Nnamdi Kanu changing his mind and saying Election will hold.
But INEC should promise they are truthful.

What a shameless human being.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mbDR6aZiKE

God bless Buhari abeg.
my friend shut up
Re: Video Of President Buhari Addressing The Nation: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by AlanSugar(m): 9:35am On Aug 21, 2017
teemanbastos:
The Speech was good but not up to expectations.
Apologies to Nigerians on his long holiday was needed... the expenses incured should have been made public..
how he intends to make up his holiday to the Nigerian electorate... there are other Pressing issues aside Nigeria's divisibility that the President didn't even bother to mention.

The Speech is a 3.5 on a scale of 10

3.5 out of 10 and you say that is good? So only the apology and amount expended (this you can't expect here), besides he should apologise to you for being sick? Guy you wicked!
On that note, your "good" appraisal of the speech should fetch the president a score of 6 at least, Oya, modify!
Re: Video Of President Buhari Addressing The Nation: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by joenor(m): 9:37am On Aug 21, 2017
Una don see our Pres, he dey alive... Oya Nnamdi over to you, what do you have to say?
Re: Video Of President Buhari Addressing The Nation: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by Obidikefidelis(m): 9:42am On Aug 21, 2017
PLS MR PRESDO NO BE SAY NEXT MONTH NAH,, WE GO DEY HEAR SAY U DON GO BACK TO UK AGAIN.
ABEG

AS U DON COME NAH AS CLAIM LET IT BE TRU.

BECOS U HAVE 2 ND HALF YRS TO RESTRUCTUR NIGERIAN.

SO IF U WNT BACK TO UK AGAIN WHCH TIME WILL HAVE TO DO THE RESTRUCTURING AS U AR CLAMOURING ?
Re: Video Of President Buhari Addressing The Nation: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by RoyalUc(m): 9:52am On Aug 21, 2017
COdeGenesis:
How many lifes this man get. I think say them talk ay him don die, some siad he has stroke. My dear nairalanders once you have the desire to succeed ,not even sickness can stop you

"...once you have the desire to succeed, not even sickness can stop you."

Words on marble! Beautiful!
Re: Video Of President Buhari Addressing The Nation: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by AlwaysUltraPad: 9:56am On Aug 21, 2017
aipob:

But see IPOB Coward President Nnamdi Kanu changing his mind and saying Election will hold.

God bless Buhari abeg.
biafraudexposed is doing a wonderful job.
Re: Video Of President Buhari Addressing The Nation: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by basic23111: 9:58am On Aug 21, 2017
all the irresponsible hush back and flat headed element must be send back to kuje prison
Re: Video Of President Buhari Addressing The Nation: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by RoyalUc(m): 10:03am On Aug 21, 2017
ericuzor:
How can a leader say a country unity can't be negotiable only slaves can't negotiate there conditions of living from their masters and I refuse to be a slave we the youths are educated wiser and smatter now we should not let our so called leaders keep deceiving us with a 50yrs of propaganda,deceits and lies, now to be a Nigerian means you are a nobody your life is meaningless you are worthless. Its easier to wake up who is sleeping than waking up someone who is pretending to be sleeping,our youths are prentending to be sleeping when will you guys stop pretending to br sleeping wake up now and If you believe you are not a slave and you want to negotiate your being a Nigerian speak up share and like.

What do you understand by Nigeria's unity is not negotiable?
Re: Video Of President Buhari Addressing The Nation: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by ericuzor(m): 10:09am On Aug 21, 2017
RoyalUc:

What do you understand by Nigeria's unity is not negotiable?
please you that know explain? Am waiting..
Re: Video Of President Buhari Addressing The Nation: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by ExInferis(m): 10:11am On Aug 21, 2017
Settingz321:
what could have threatened a country more than the president getting out of the country for 103 days

Now coming back to say they won't tolerate inflammatory statement, even when giving lots of rooms for such

Nigeria is sick

We had a fully capable acting president you idiot.

It's not like your household where every time your Pa gets drunk and couldn't come home everything falls apart.
Re: Video Of President Buhari Addressing The Nation: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by RoyalUc(m): 10:12am On Aug 21, 2017
Apina:
According to Lauretta, Bubu is a private citizen and like every other private citizen, he also has the right to air his views grin. But one thing is certain, the Zoo must fall

If you mean the 'zoo' that you, family or state own must fall, so be it. But one thing is certain, other Nigerians will not cease to exist or have peace because you want your own nation.
Just like you want the success of your nation (however imaginary) and destruction of other peoples' nation, so should others want.
Re: Video Of President Buhari Addressing The Nation: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by Nnadi2020(m): 10:24am On Aug 21, 2017
Re: Video Of President Buhari Addressing The Nation: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by Nnadi2020(m): 10:26am On Aug 21, 2017
Well-done
Re: Video Of President Buhari Addressing The Nation: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by konfused: 10:28am On Aug 21, 2017
aipob:

God bless Buhari abeg.

Nwanne, I think you should research the meaning of boycott?

1 Like

Re: Video Of President Buhari Addressing The Nation: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by jtwest(m): 10:38am On Aug 21, 2017
Abeg when is bubu going back to London? I need to send ogbono and some yams to Antonio Conte. grin grin
Re: Video Of President Buhari Addressing The Nation: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by papermill: 10:48am On Aug 21, 2017
Using the word not negotiable is a dictator word.. meaning citizens has no right to decide their faith or he will execute...then Nigeria will fall.
Re: Video Of President Buhari Addressing The Nation: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by Blizzy9ja: 10:50am On Aug 21, 2017
This old walking corpse in still living in fools paradise, the earlier we sit down and decide our collective existence as a nation the better, even if you continue to fool yourself you cannot fool the majority of people
Re: Video Of President Buhari Addressing The Nation: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by Malawian(m): 10:55am On Aug 21, 2017
GenBuhari:
Buhari called out NK
"We have certain people stirring trouble only to run away when it starts leaving the rest of us to sort the problem out with our blood".
Kanu permanent residence is UK .
Why was he afraid to Call nnamdi kanu and IPOB by name? fear fear. quote me, IPOB rallies will continue and he wont be able to do shit.
Re: Video Of President Buhari Addressing The Nation: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by Wiseman007(m): 10:59am On Aug 21, 2017
The Presidential Broadcast And Violation Of The Constitutional Provision, An Impeachment Offence.
By Madu Dab Madueke

My Good People Of Nigeria, Please Take few Seconds On This Presidential Broadcast Fraud Committed By Presidency And All Progressive Congress (APC) Upon The Sudden Arrival Of Mr President Buhari After His 103 Days London Stay. Thank God To The Successful #ResumeOrResign Protest By Concerned Nigerian Group.

My Good People, Note This, The Nation Wide Address/Broadcast was Not Done By The Nigerian President Rather General Buhari.

Note The Reason: Who Has The Power To Address Nigerians As At 7am Today 21st Day Of August, 2017 Is Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, The Acting President.

He (Mr Buhari) Has No Power To Address Nigeria As At Today 21st Of August, 2017 On The Capacity Of The President, Federal Republic Of Nigeria Until He Transmit Contrary To National Assembly As Provided By The Constitution.

The Constitution Is Clear About This In Section 145 And 146, Where It States Thus: Section 145 : "Whenever the President Is Proceeding On Vacation Or Is Otherwise Unable To Discharge The Functions Of His Office, He Shall Transmit A Written Declaration To The President Of The Senate And The Speaker Of The House of Representatives To That Effect, And Until He Transmits To Them A Written Declaration To The Contrary, The Vice President SHALL Perform The Functions Of The President As Acting President."

Such Transmission Has Not Been Done, To The Best Of My Knowledge And Understanding, As A Good, Responsible And Senior Citizen Of Federal Republic Of Nigeria.

Therefore, Every Opinion Express In The Address Was Mr. Buhari's Personal Opinion.

However, If They Insist, That, It Was A Presidential Address/Broadcast, Then It's A Violation Of Constitution Of Federal Republic Of Nigeria and It's An Impeachable Offence Under "Gross Misconduct".
As Defined By Section 143 of the 1999 Constitution.

“This Is Because A Deliberate Breach Of The Constitution or Violation Of Extant Laws Is An Impeachable Offence".

To Me, Am Still Expecting A Presidential Broadcast When Ever He Resumes As The President Of Federal Republic Of Nigeria.
Re: Video Of President Buhari Addressing The Nation: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by ivolt: 11:01am On Aug 21, 2017
What surprises is that some secessionist have suddenly retired.
Re: Video Of President Buhari Addressing The Nation: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by Wesely01(m): 11:02am On Aug 21, 2017
aipob:

God bless Buhari abeg.

Nnamdi Kanu has been a cheat , liar and fraud star from day one please young Igbo men let's all come together and try and build this nation. Nnamdi plan on a long run is to run for government position and win with all these people going around with him
Re: Video Of President Buhari Addressing The Nation: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by NSK4U(m): 11:05am On Aug 21, 2017
This is indeed ridiculous. no apology for all his absence in office. just this less than ten minutes speech and even without first of all transmitting write up to the senate to officially announce his return? indeed baba is no longer fit for this race, resignation is becoming inevitable. oh a pity!

Do your Registration and Training for all INTERNATIONAL EXAMS including TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT, SAT1, GRE, PTE, SAT2. @

GLOBAL VISION INTERNATIONAL
EDUCATION & TRAVELS.

We accept ZERO DEPOSIT { ie Get your VISA to America, Canada, France, UK, etc from us before you pay} from our clients that wish to go on vacation, work, or visit any of the aforementioned countries and more. for further info, call/whatsap us via 08145705687.
Re: Video Of President Buhari Addressing The Nation: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by kelvin21887(m): 11:19am On Aug 21, 2017
Re: Video Of President Buhari Addressing The Nation: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by Kaywaz(m): 12:05pm On Aug 21, 2017
God bless you my able president
Re: Video Of President Buhari Addressing The Nation: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by RoyalUc(m): 12:24pm On Aug 21, 2017
ericuzor:
please you that know explain? Am waiting..

Alright. Since you don't want to put me in line, let me display my ignorance if that will help you enlighten me.
Nigeria is a sovereign state and it is the duty of any government to protect the dignity of the nation.
Our national pledge reads: I pledge to Nigeria my country. To be faithful, loyal and honest.
To serve Nigeria with all my strength.
To DEFEND her UNITY, and upold her honour and glory.
So, help me God.
To defend means to defend.
Re: Video Of President Buhari Addressing The Nation: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by Cooly100: 12:49pm On Aug 21, 2017
akthedream:
Chai... Igbo Jews won't like this

Lets see if this speech will increase the power generation by 1MW? Afonja charlantans every!!
Re: Video Of President Buhari Addressing The Nation: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by davillian(m): 12:55pm On Aug 21, 2017
I swear this video was recorded when Nnamdi kanu was still in prison.

I dint hear any current problem or current success.
Re: Video Of President Buhari Addressing The Nation: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by ericuzor(m): 1:20pm On Aug 21, 2017
RoyalUc:

Alright. Since you don't want to put me in line, let me display my ignorance if that will help you enlighten me.
Nigeria is a sovereign state and it is the duty of any government to protect the dignity of the nation.
Our national pledge reads: I pledge to Nigeria my country. To be faithful, loyal and honest.
To serve Nigeria with all my strength.
To DEFEND her UNITY, and upold her honour and glory.
So, help me God.
To defend means to defend.
OK let me help you because the national pledge you are quoting now I bet you 70percent or higher can't qoute it without looking at the paper many have forgotten it the love for this country is degrading and you quoting the pledge is out of point.. You don't force a people to be in a system government that does not favour them and you tell them not to speak and when they do by protesting you use live ammunition on them shedding the citizens blood you swore to protect on the streets to silence them. A government that does not value life can't protect life.
Re: Video Of President Buhari Addressing The Nation: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by RoyalUc(m): 1:41pm On Aug 21, 2017
ericuzor:
OK let me help you because the national pledge you are quoting now I bet you 70percent or higher can't qoute it without looking at the paper many have forgotten it the love for this country is degrading and you quoting the pledge is out of point.. You don't force a people to be in a system government that does not favour them and you tell them not to speak and when they do by protesting you use live ammunition on them shedding the citizens blood you swore to protect on the streets to silence them. A government that does not value life can't protect life.

Thank you. I must admit I too had to look at the paper at a point to be sure but that doesn't change the fact that it is the duty of every government and her citizens to defend the unity of the nation.
Can I ask you this? Do think USA (that talks about true democracy and protection of human right) will just wave good bye to, let's say the African-Americans if they decide they want to secede since they are being racially abused?
Re: Video Of President Buhari Addressing The Nation: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by MisterKings(m): 1:48pm On Aug 21, 2017
Efewestern:
why I don't agree with Mr president on this, I think people should be allowed to decide their future, Nigeria should be ready to accept the reality on ground.

As someone from the minority group I don't believe in the division of Nigeria, I believe Nigeria should only be divided if we can't agree on a common ground.

Nigeria would forever remember Buhari if he restructured this country, I understand his fears and the fears of other Northerners , but I can assure any group that we will all benefit from a well restructured Nigeria.

How the country can be run:

Let every group control their resources and pay 30% tax to the central government.

Each minority group should be allowed to form a sub- District in their Region so as to protect the interest of Micro minorities. The itsekiri for Example can have a sub- district ,isoko can have theirs so they won't cry of marginalization .

The central government can assist states with little funding, This is the cry of everyone.

Restructure Nigeria now or Let each region go their separate ways.

How do u expect an ex Military man with Nepa bill as certificate understand what you are suggesting. He only knows Nothing about nothing
Re: Video Of President Buhari Addressing The Nation: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable by pedrilo: 2:18pm On Aug 21, 2017
if you voted for APC in 2015 and you are among those complaining here, just know that there is no way thunder will not fire u sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adamu Has Rendered APC NWC Redundant – Tinubu’s Men Cry Out / Conella Services Offers To Help Army Subdue Boko Haram / Ibadan Clash: Makinde, Ganduje, Three Northern Governors Visit Shasa Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.