Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast (35198 Views)

#LazyNigerianYouths: "Halima Buhari Failed Bar Exams 3 Times" - Lawyer / Buhari Failed In Areas We Expected Him To Act During His Visit – Benue Govt. / How Plot Against Buhari Failed At House Of Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by Makapedia: 9:56am On Aug 21, 2017
President Buhari finally addressed Nigerians on Monday morning after he came back from his medical vacation in London.

In his first video message after over 105 days, Nigerians rated President Muhammadu Buhari's speech low over inability of him to give details of issues and activities in the last 100 days.

Political analysts say they expected the President to give more details about the country especially if he has a clean bill of health.

Former Minister of Education, Mrs. Oby Ezekwesili has rated President Muhammadu Buhari's speech as a terrible case of missed opportunity, from the citizen's point of view.

"The content is very dry, uninspiring, on-the-surface and superficial. Nothing as to the state of the nation economically, all the non-existent energy was expended on irresponsible elements and the social media", Damilola Okin said.

Here are some of the issues the President failed to address:

1. No discussion on Nigerian economy so far and not a single stamp of Osinbajo's efforts so far

2. The President failed to give hope to the striking academic staff union – ASUU

3. The President shunned cabinet reshuffle as being speculated in various quarters

4. No words on the hyenas and jackals his wife said he will soon come and remove from the government.

5. No statement on his health status as Nigerians need to know the his status and whether the president will go back soon or not.

6. We do not know whether the Presidency has transmitted a letter to the National Assembly for change of baton and his full resumption or we need to take few days to rest.

7. The speech was recorded and may signal another discussion on the clean bill of health of the President.

Source : http://www.viviangist.com.ng/7-issues-president-buhari-failed-to-address-in-broadcast

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 21, 2017
True facts OP.

He just murmured couple of sentences and that's it, i was driving when he started his speech and every radio station i tuned into i still couldn't hear what he's saying until i read the transcript.

He should allow some journalists interview his asss e.g Amanpour (CNN)

134 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by Nukualofa: 9:58am On Aug 21, 2017
Buhari is taking the 189million Nigerians for a ride because he believes that they are zombies and will kowtow to every gibberish he utters

122 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by Nukualofa: 10:00am On Aug 21, 2017
Buhari just showed with his speech that he is suffering from temporal insanity

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by Ohammadike: 10:01am On Aug 21, 2017
The guy is hopeless. You assume that he has an idea on the points you raised but he is a dullard

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by Ebios(m): 10:02am On Aug 21, 2017
Nukualofa:
Buhari just showed with his speech that he is suffering from temporal insanity
Lol
Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by Ebios(m): 10:02am On Aug 21, 2017
m coming
Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by optional1(f): 10:03am On Aug 21, 2017
you guys should kuku kill him...

The once he addressed, are they not the most pressing issues in Nigeria...

All what you said he didn't address, he will surely do that with time, let him be brief first today....

Una just wan kill the man..
If you don't like his speech goan die we still have empty space in the grave yard..

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by agarawu23(m): 10:05am On Aug 21, 2017
He should addressed those issues sooner or later and give us hope he isn't returning. Only God knows how much his 3month treatment will cost FG.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by digoster(m): 10:16am On Aug 21, 2017
It is the most useless presidential speech ever..
More of a hate speech

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by doctokwus: 10:16am On Aug 21, 2017
It was a disappointing speech which however didn't disappoint me because I have since tempered my expectations of who Buhari is and his capacity.
I was expecting a frank disclosure of his health status.
I was expecting to hear specific mention of the ultimatum by Arewa youths and that he has given the security agencies the go ahead to arrest them and others that issued similar ultimatums.
I was expecting to hear that henceforth,he would stay in Nigeria to handle whatever health challenges he has.
I was expecting him to use the opportunity to announce that elements within his goverment that are undermining his administration would soon be shown the way out.
I was expecting to hear him say that he is back for the final onslaught against corruption and BH.
I finally expected him to reassure Nigerians that the govt is doing all within it's powers to ease the economic hardship Nigerians were going through.
Nothing of the above,just vague references to non specific issues.

73 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by Nbote(m): 10:16am On Aug 21, 2017
D most pressing issue he failed to address was his health status and d ASUU strike... Every other issue could b addressed with tym

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 21, 2017
optional1:

All what you said he didn't address, he will surely do that with time, let him be brief first today....

If you don't like his speech goan die we still have empty space in the grave yard..
BMC,Have you received salary alert of last month?I learned he doesn't pay salary.Go and ask his former bodyguards.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by optional1(f): 10:25am On Aug 21, 2017
comshots:
BMC,Have you received salary alert of last month?I learned he doesn't pay salary.Go and ask his former bodyguards.

weytin this one they talk again

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by JONNYSPUTE(m): 10:27am On Aug 21, 2017
In as much as I like Buhari as a person. He failed on his speech but I can't really blame him because ano humanbeing can give what he or she doesn't have.
Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by blackfase(m): 10:45am On Aug 21, 2017
Dumb dry commentary lacking in expectation, depth and substance.
Used to be a big fan of the man but his recent antecedents has been disgusting beyond belief.
For all those still thinking this man has integrity, long thing your on! I admit hes still far better than most of the rogues and useless politicians around but he makes down for d dark side with his stiff fulanic membranes with hypocrisy screaming on his timelines. A man who claims to be a democracy convert due to d experience of the breaking of former Soviet Union.
Nigeria has a date with destiny. If God wils it and it continues to remain as a united "non-negotiable" entity, we have no cause to question that, we all will be here to witness it and if heaven says d satanic evil whims and injustices' days are numbered, not even a Buhari can change it, force or no force.

doctokwus:
It was a disappointing speech which however didn't disappoint me because I have since tempered my expectations of who Buhari is and his capacity.
I was expecting a frank disclosure of his health status.
I was expecting to hear specific mention of the ultimatum by Arewa youths and that he has given the security agencies the go ahead to arrest them and others that issued similar ultimatums.
I was expecting to hear that henceforth,he would stay in Nigeria to handle whatever health challenges he has.
I was expecting him to use the opportunity to announce that elements within his goverment that are undermining his administration would soon be shown the way out.
I was expecting to hear him say that he is back for the final onslaught against corruption and BH.
I finally expected him to reassure Nigerians that the govt is doing all within it's powers to ease the economic hardship Nigerians were going through.
Nothing of the above,just vague references to non specific issues.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by pauljumbo: 10:51am On Aug 21, 2017
Anytime the president makes a speech it devide Nigeria the more

Its sad for the president to address nigerians as irresponsible elments

He never even thank the millions of Nigerians who are praying for him.

He just came back with threats I think buhari should sack his speech writers

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by ChangetheChange: 10:59am On Aug 21, 2017
grin

Buhari speech didn't last up to 6 minutes

That means Buhari is a 1 minute man in bed

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by sakalisis(m): 10:59am On Aug 21, 2017
embarassed
Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by richidinho(m): 11:00am On Aug 21, 2017
f
Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by ChangetheChange: 11:00am On Aug 21, 2017
grin

The major highlight of Buhari's speech was he complaining about the influence of Social Media criticizing his Government

Buhari is a gworo chewing bastard

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by ShitHead(m): 11:00am On Aug 21, 2017
The only failure I observed was that he didn't resign.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by ionsman: 11:00am On Aug 21, 2017
If he had addressed these above mentioned issues in his speech,I'm cork sure you would have had another "7 things Buhari failed to address" list ready...Clowns.

Someone came back on Saturday evening,that broadcast was done yesterday night according to Vanguard and the geniuses in Nigeria expect him to have so much information at his disposal already...Na wa o

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by pheesayor(m): 11:00am On Aug 21, 2017
Someone that returned less than 48 hours ago should address issues he's yet to be properly briefed on?

Why are you even worried about what he says or does not say? Does a vegetable talk?

7 Likes

Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by three: 11:00am On Aug 21, 2017
Okay People doesn't sound or look like we're heading anywhere..

Let's have a Referendum Already.!!!

The threats against ethnic groups against other ethnic groups and state actors against citizens are on the increase.

There are subtle moves to contain freedom of speech under the guise of 'controllling' hate speech.

Before it is too late Nigerians Must put pressure on their elected representatives in the National Assembly (http://saharareporters.com/2016/04/13/saharareporters-publishes-contact-information-nigerian-lawmakers) To Urgently Pass A Joint Resolution on the Immediate Convening of a Referendum where Nigerians can indicate their Choice of these three options.

1. RESTRUCTURING: I agree that Nigeria should be restructured along Federal, Regional and Local Government lines.

2. BIAFRA: I support the creation of the sovereign state of Biafra.

3. STATUS QUO: I vote that the Status Quo remains

PS. The National Assembly might also be advised to amend the number of days a President can be away from duty so as to prevent a reoccurrence of this unsavoury situation.

We cannot and should not as a Nation be dragged back to the days of absolutist undemocratic government supported by a few.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by MadCow1: 11:01am On Aug 21, 2017
The President does not answer to you guys..

Remember he is dead to you guys. angry

3 Likes

Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by Neduzze5(m): 11:01am On Aug 21, 2017
optional1:

optional1:

weytin this one they talk again

I'm disappointed at the trash you're spewing. cry

And to think that I had very high regards for you. You've really fallen my kidney!! embarassed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by buikem2: 11:02am On Aug 21, 2017
Nukualofa:
Buhari is taking the 189million Nigerians for a ride because he believes that they are zombies and will kowtow to every gibberish he utters
Kowtow to his booho

1 Like

Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by massinola(m): 11:02am On Aug 21, 2017
Hmm this man should just do over 180m Nigerians a favor, resign because he's supper clueless, old and sick. No be by force to rule abeg

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast by Kingspin(m): 11:03am On Aug 21, 2017
Is Nigeria moving real forward? No. I rather celebrate 24hours light, good roads, improved security, better economy and other social amenities then shouting and welcoming a politician who could neither provide or improve any. Nigeria need a change I agree but it must be real change. Moving a country forward is nit a game rather a movement.

10 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yunusa Tanko: How Osinbajo’s Tact, Capacity To Lead Nigeria Angered The Cabal / 2019 Elections: INEC Releases Criteria For Recruitment Of Ad-hoc Staff / APC Presidential Primaries: Umar Ganduje Spotted On Queue To Cast His Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.