Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,803 members, 7,806,244 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

Sale Of Life Catfish Vs Processed (smoked) Which Is More Profitable - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Sale Of Life Catfish Vs Processed (smoked) Which Is More Profitable (1611 Views)

Oil Palm Vs Cocoa Vs Cashew: Which Is More Profitable? / Crunchy Processed Smoked Catfish / Banana Plantation And Plantain Plantation..which Is More Profitable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sale Of Life Catfish Vs Processed (smoked) Which Is More Profitable by Walexz02(m): 10:30am On Aug 21, 2017
Good morning great farmers in the house, as it is always said that processing your farm products before taking it to the market makes it worth more. I know this to be true for some farm products like maize and goat meat but for catfish I do not know.
Please I will like you to share your knowledge and experience in catfish business, which is more profitable to sale? Processed (smoked) or life fish?
Apart from the profitability which has the readily available market?
If I have 5000 smoked fish and 5000 life fish which will sale faster and on which will I make much profit.
Thank you as I await your replies
robonski15
excelsiorfarm
longjohnsilver
ademola1333
retin01
jites
Fish4wealth
dolarland
saheyijide et al
Re: Sale Of Life Catfish Vs Processed (smoked) Which Is More Profitable by ElSherriff: 10:47am On Aug 21, 2017
Smoked fish is much more profitable and economically more viable. I mean you can keep smoked fish for two weeks with the right preservation at far less cost of keeping live fish should there be left over after sales.

Smoking is the way to go man.
Re: Sale Of Life Catfish Vs Processed (smoked) Which Is More Profitable by nagod5(m): 11:51am On Aug 21, 2017
Tonnes of cassava, ginger, turmeric, yam, pkn, pko etc for sale at a very wonder cheap price. Note, you dont have to spend your money on transportation, we do that for you. And also we deliver the goods before you pay. What a rare and great offer. Waiting for you to place Order. See my signature to contact me
Re: Sale Of Life Catfish Vs Processed (smoked) Which Is More Profitable by longjohnsilver: 11:58am On Aug 21, 2017
In my opinion, once you add value to your product, it will definitely sell more than raw product.

Smoked fish will sell more than life fish because most times u are selling life fishes to people who are goin to resell it, they try and negotiate the price so that they can also make profit from ur labour but for smoked depending on d market u can be dealin directly with the final consumer which makes its more profitable.

And u dont need to get to 1kg bfor u smoke, u are reducing the cost of feeding.

Just try and package it nicely and u are good to go.
Re: Sale Of Life Catfish Vs Processed (smoked) Which Is More Profitable by eventsaloud: 12:35pm On Aug 21, 2017
Please call 'Tunde on 08056145926 or Dammy on 08057041168 to place your orders for fresh Melange & Table size catfish for homes, caterers, hotels, restaurants and bars especially in Lagos and Ogun state (for now).

We look forward to a wonderful relationship together and success for all concerned.
Re: Sale Of Life Catfish Vs Processed (smoked) Which Is More Profitable by maisauki: 1:45pm On Aug 21, 2017
Here to learn
Re: Sale Of Life Catfish Vs Processed (smoked) Which Is More Profitable by excelsiorfarm(m): 3:09pm On Aug 21, 2017
Walexz02:
Good morning great farmers in the house, as it is always said that processing your farm products before taking it to the market makes it worth more. I know this to be true for some farm products like maize and goat meat but for catfish I do not know.
Please I will like you to share your knowledge and experience in catfish business, which is more profitable to sale? Processed (smoked) or life fish?
If I have 5000 smoked fish and 5000 life fish which will sale faster and on which will I make much profit.
robonski15
excelsiorfarm
longjohnsilver
ademola1333
retin01
jites
Fish4wealth
dolarland
saheyijide et al
you definitely make more money from smoked fish, for faster sales it depends on your market area or needs. A pepper soup infested community or locality will easily clear fresh faster than smoked fish. Fresh could sell faster in most cases, but smoked have better shelf live without having to spend more
Re: Sale Of Life Catfish Vs Processed (smoked) Which Is More Profitable by ozoneymcm: 3:37pm On Aug 21, 2017
Walexz02:
robonski15
excelsiorfarm
longjohnsilver
ademola1333
retin01
jites
Fish4wealth
dolarland
saheyijide et al
Well,I don't know where to start. Your question can't be properly answered on Nairaland. Lemme summarise anyway. Live fish sells faster,smoked fish is more profitable since you are adding another imput altogether. Your choice depends on a lot of factors. Who says you can't even do both

1 Like

Re: Sale Of Life Catfish Vs Processed (smoked) Which Is More Profitable by ademola1333(m): 8:06pm On Aug 21, 2017
It depends on the market demand in your locality...
Re: Sale Of Life Catfish Vs Processed (smoked) Which Is More Profitable by Fish4wealth: 9:00pm On Aug 21, 2017
Its becoming increasingly difficult recently for fresh fish of 1kg to be sold at good price...e.g...at least #750/kg. And sadly, many of us aren't sharing factual price info....can't blame anyone though....
No doubt about it, smoke fish commands better value than fresh..,but just with the saying both have their merits and demerits....
Re: Sale Of Life Catfish Vs Processed (smoked) Which Is More Profitable by Walexz02(m): 9:58pm On Aug 21, 2017
Thank you all for your wonderful replies I expect to see more replies pls Guru's should come in please

(1) (Reply)

Commercial Broiler Production And Supply Contract / Making Farming Easy With Our Weeding Machine / Agricultural Tools / Learn How To Prepare A Fish Feed By Yourself (for Fish Farmers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.