Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire (42183 Views)

Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse / Oguta Land In Imo State Is An Extension Of Benin Empire / China People And Culture In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire by babasolution: 12:59am On Aug 22, 2017
armyofone:
grin just imagine the sacrifices that entails today's eclipse if not for Science. Africa/Africans refused to do away with such belief.

other races do these sacrifices too,even whitez do them,they just make it look good,stop condeming yourselves as africans
Re: The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire by belindar: 1:00am On Aug 22, 2017
Very interesting. I read all.
Re: The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire by Maturedkid(m): 1:01am On Aug 22, 2017
am from uneme and I have read the story it is true. also the Yoruba akoko in ondo stateis totally different from akoko Edo in Edo state. bishop itegboje is actually my grandmums elder brother and his children are still alive today, some of them though. he is still celebrated till date.
the curse has been lifted and uneme people are great people.
no nid for arguments.
the story is true.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire by jojothaiv(m): 1:03am On Aug 22, 2017
Shout out to Homeboiy!

Na him mouth I first hear the tori!
Re: The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire by jojothaiv(m): 1:04am On Aug 22, 2017
ivolt:
grin grin grin
Whatever becomes too complex for a common man, he blames on "spirits". There is no such thing as cursed or blessed people but there are people who make effort to be successful and became successful and there are those who don't, then we say life happened.
This is highly classified!

Reference purpose!
Re: The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire by pedestal82(m): 2:04am On Aug 22, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
that means you're cursed
That means you didn't read the article.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire by Dindondin(m): 3:43am On Aug 22, 2017
KingOvoramwen1:

I dey wait them..... Before there was Ijebu there were Edo's!!
Nobody is CLAIMING oldest except you.
It's common among Binis that they are the oldest kingdom in the Southern Nigeria.
They tell their history to the extent that it twist that of the Yorubas.
Re: The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire by paradigmshift(m): 5:13am On Aug 22, 2017
KingOvoramwen1:

Not only know we also can smell their type......

Jealousy has a very nasty odour grin grin..... Like the one on that akwa ibom houseboy above
it shows that houseboy nature runs in your family lmao. me jealous impotent ooni lmao. crap people.
Re: The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire by itsene: 5:51am On Aug 22, 2017
How Yoruba come bring their problem here. The matter is between uneme and. Oba Benin. Igbo orumila mentioned in the story is simply tangential.
There is room for everyone to write their history. If it's consistent , time will tell.
Yorubas and Igbos always use this forum to abuse Edos. What's the cause of this sickness?

3 Likes

Re: The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire by Abiodunstephen(m): 7:01am On Aug 22, 2017
KingOvoramwen1:

Must you yorubers cry over everything angry

It was even started in that Article the origin of the Uneme people ... They are Edo's who descended from Edo's!

Where did you see Yoruba origin there?? angry

They have no connection to yoruberr watsover

Damn you people really have Inferiority complex

i have opportunity to school in akoko Edo, i know much about the following communities, igara, ate, somorika, uromi, ibilo, ayeteju, imeri, and some other part, they speak yoruba fluently, their culture and Yoruba culture are thesame, most of them speak same dialect as isua akoko, epinmi akoko, ipesi akoko, and ipe akoko, all in ondo state.
except igara which is the local government head quarter that speak ebira and yoruba

6 Likes

Re: The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire by Abiodunstephen(m): 7:14am On Aug 22, 2017
the cursed family in my community are the richest family, you may ask me how?
because they realise it early and give their live to Christ and accepted him as their personal Lord and saviour.
brethren there is no curse for whosoever in Christ Colossian chapter 2, because Christ as bear our curse, no one can condemn you again. number chapter 23, therefore the only way to run away is by given your life to Christ.

1 Like

Re: The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire by Alexis11: 7:15am On Aug 22, 2017
KingOvoramwen1:

[s]Must you yorubers cry over everything angry

It was even started in that Article the origin of the Uneme people ... They are Edo's who descended from Edo's!

Where did you see Yoruba origin there?? angry

They have no connection to yoruberr watsover

Damn you people really have Inferiority complex[/s]

Ekpa! You must have been disgusted by now that the tribal war you expected to ensue between the Yorubas and the Edolites did not happen. cheesy

Ode! grin
Re: The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire by scholes0(m): 7:17am On Aug 22, 2017
einsteine:
Ogbeni, uneme language is not even intelligible with yoruba. As someone who speaks both languages, I can assure you that the people of Akoko Edo are not kin to the akokos of onto state. It is just faulty nomenclature.

And what exactly is wrong if they are in ondo state?
what are they getting in Edo state so far?

Must state composition be based on primitive tribal and linguistic differences?

3 Likes

Re: The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire by Alexis11: 7:18am On Aug 22, 2017
itemj2k:
1. The revocation has stopped the further scattering of the tribe. 2. yes the unemes marry freely from benin and other neighbouring tribes. 3 the igun street where the famous bronze art works of benin kingdom is dotted with uneme desendants. infact they even have a palace chief, the obasogie ni igun ugboha.

wow!!!. Never knew. I stayed in Igun for 2 years. cool
Re: The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire by einsteine(m): 7:21am On Aug 22, 2017
Yes. They are more related to people in Edo state. They have no brethren in Ondo state.

scholes0:

And what exactly is wrong if they are in ondo state?
what are they getting in Edo state so far?

Must state composition be based on primitive tribal and linguistic differences?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire by Alexis11: 7:23am On Aug 22, 2017
Abiodunstephen:
the cursed family in my community are the richest family, you may ask me how?
because they realise it early and give their live to Christ and accepted him as their personal Lord and saviour.
brethren there is no curse for whosoever in Christ Colossian chapter 2, because Christ as bear our curse, no one can condemn you again. number chapter 23, therefore the only way to run away is by given your life to Christ.

If you know the guy before, you won't bother writing all these bro. cool
Re: The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire by baby124: 7:31am On Aug 22, 2017
Maturedkid:
am from uneme and I have read the story it is true. also the Yoruba akoko in ondo stateis totally different from akoko Edo in Edo state. bishop itegboje is actually my grandmums elder brother and his children are still alive today, some of them though. he is still celebrated till date.
the curse has been lifted and uneme people are great people.
no nid for arguments.
the story is true.
But your forefather is Ogunola, no? Does that not sound like a Yoruba name? Now, it's obvious this so called curse was made up to chase away the rightful heirs of the royalty in Edo state. The king was obviously not secure on his throne by their presence as the grandsons of Oba Eweka.

People make up a lot of lies to dispossess others of what belongs to them. It is apparent that the Uneme are princes and rightful heirs. Let me further tell you that Ayetoro, is one of the oldest Yoruba names of villages and locations. You will find Ayetoro's dispersed all over Yorubaland. That one of the children is named Uneme-Ayetoro shows the Yoruba descent completely. Some of the other Uneme names may have been easier to transform than Ayetoro. So check well for the real names of the other Unemes. Ayetoro means where life begins or exists.

2 Likes

Re: The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire by OoduaLeke(m): 7:36am On Aug 22, 2017
Dindondin:

You could v answered scholes0 maturely without insulting Yorubas. You said they v inferiority complex.

The man only questioned where he saw Igbo Orunmila as present day Ijebu-Ode. And truly, no Awujale bears Ogiedo
Anyways, just wait as Ijebus will use Benins to shine shoe in few days.
They are among the Yorubas with the sharpest tongue, alongside Ibadans

lol wetin concern Ijebus with them, Ijebus only reply to serious issues, not fabus.
the article is not new, he just copied and pasted it directly from Joshua project, which in turn quoted a very old literature by itegboje the etsakor man.

4 Likes

Re: The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire by SoldierBoy1(m): 7:39am On Aug 22, 2017
You guys starting the Benin, Yoruba ish, the truth is a piece of history has been hidden causing the controversy. You guys would keep arguing non stop with no real end to it.

1 Like

Re: The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire by scholes0(m): 7:44am On Aug 22, 2017
einsteine:

Yes. They are more related to people in Edo state. They have no brethren in Ondo state.

So why are they marginalized in Edo?
They are clearly not being accepted (Well, at least not in full).

You claim they have no kin there, I believe you are talking as an outsider. The average Akoko Edo man is more comfortable as a man, in Oka Akoko or Ido Ani, than he is in Benin. We have many Akoko Edos living here already, and they blend in perfectly with absolutely 0 issues.

9 Likes

Re: The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire by Alexis11: 7:45am On Aug 22, 2017
ObalufonIII:

At that time the King of Benin used 'Oba', keep in mind Ooni's subordinates, chiefs from Obalufe, Obalaaye, Obaloran, Obajio & other chiefs who were of lowest class all used Oba. Think about this for a minute.

It is ignorance on the path/part of these modern day kings & the media for peddling 'Oba' after the proper title of office has been stated -- E.g Ooni Ife, Oba Ogunwusi is a very stupid way to address a paramount ruler but hey the tradition moves with time.

Nice 1.

But keep in mind that Areafad.a is neither a Yoruba nor Edo. His infos are Blog sourced cool
Re: The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire by SoldierBoy1(m): 7:46am On Aug 22, 2017
This KingOvomranwen1 would come with an Edo historical piece which Yorubas might find a controversy in, but instead of arguing clearly, he as the op who claim he has brought a piece of history, ends up insulting Yorubas displaying his hatred for Yorubas. Why then should his articles not be biased.

4 Likes

Re: The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire by KingOvoramwen1(m): 7:52am On Aug 22, 2017
paradigmshift:
it shows that houseboy nature runs in your family lmao. me jealous impotent ooni lmao. crap people.

Why you dey quote me guy?..... I was not refering to you
Re: The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire by KingOvoramwen1(m): 7:54am On Aug 22, 2017
SoldierBoy1:
This KingOvomranwen1 would come with an Edo historical piece which Yorubas might find a controversy in, but instead of arguing clearly, he as the op who claim he has brought a piece of history, ends up insulting Yorubas displaying his hatred for Yorubas. Why then should his articles not be biased.

Because you Yoruba's don't know when to talk and when to keep silent and I do not hate Yoruba's I dislike a few individuals on here who claim to be yoruba
Re: The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire by Rekit: 7:59am On Aug 22, 2017
Yes, I read the passage. I know their history as well. I have so many of them as friends. What I said is very correct about them. You will agree with me that members of a family that is going through persecution from the public would not be at war with them self.
Re: The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire by Rekit: 8:02am On Aug 22, 2017
JoeEbiliekwe24:

Did you read the passage

the curse was meant to achieve the opposite of what you just described. lol
Yes, I read the passage. I know their history as well. I have so many of them as friends. What I said is very correct about them. You will agree with me that members of a family that is going through persecution from the public would not be at war with them self.
Re: The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire by Alexis11: 8:06am On Aug 22, 2017
SoldierBoy1:

You don't understand the guy, he's a kid. The truth is, there is no way you will tell the story of any part of Edo and you won't touch at least one of the clans among the Yorubas and vice versa. Yorubas and Edos are related but different people (in reality). He saw that story in a blog, he knows it will generate controversy (normal) and already harmed with all the insults before posting it here.... Lol

grin

5 Likes

Re: The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire by sunsplash99(m): 8:10am On Aug 22, 2017
Abiodunstephen:

i have opportunity to school in akoko Edo, i know much about the following communities, igara, ate, somorika, uromi, ibilo, ayeteju, imeri, and some other part, they speak yoruba fluently, their culture and Yoruba culture are thesame, most of them speak same dialect as isua akoko, epinmi akoko, ipesi akoko, and ipe akoko, all in ondo state.
except igara which is the local government head quarter that speak ebira and yoruba

From ur explanation here, I see u don't know anything abt the Akoko-Edos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire by SoldierBoy1(m): 8:12am On Aug 22, 2017
KingOvoramwen1:

Because you Yoruba's don't know when to talk and when to keep silent and I do not hate Yoruba's I dislike a few individuals on here who claim to be yoruba
You just said "you Yorubas" again. All I'm saying Is since you are the one that creates threads on these issues, you can just prove your points and even ignore insults. At least that way your posts won't seem biased when you don't react to insults but answer gently. God Bless.
Re: The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire by Alexis11: 8:13am On Aug 22, 2017
KingOvoramwen1:

Nobody cares whether you hate Yorubas or not. You are insignificant grin

I live in Edo State and I know how the people love the Yorubas here. cool

3 Likes

Re: The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire by KingOvoramwen1(m): 8:15am On Aug 22, 2017
[[s]quote author=Alexis11 post=59708365]

You don't understand the guy, he's a kid. The truth is, there is no way you will tell the story of any part of Edo and you won't touch at least one of the clans among the Yorubas and vice versa. Yorubas and Edos are related but different people (in reality). He saw that story in a blog, he knows it will generate controversy (normal) and already harmed with all the insults before posting it here.... Lol

grin[/quote][/s]

You yorubers are lost and you know it

You have no history

You have no documented time of events

You existence starts and ends with Oduduwa , who was a Prince from the Great Benin Kingdom

Stop acting like a zombie and beg the Great Oba of Benin to tell you all about the people Izoduwa met in ife

Igbo orunmila was ruled by the Benins hence the title of the ruler Ogienerimo
Re: The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire by KingOvoramwen1(m): 8:20am On Aug 22, 2017
Alexis11:

[s]Nobody cares whether you hate Yorubas or not. You are insignificant

I live in Edo State and I know how the people love the Yorubas here. cool[/s]

Why didn't you go and live in Ibadan and eat oily ewedu like your kin, grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

Depends on your definition of love angry grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Stunning Royal Palaces In Nigeria (pics) / Ooni Of Ife Arrives Awka In Grand Style For Obiano Inauguration- PICTURES / King Nwachukwu Nashid Koleoso Karade Eri, Undergoing Spiritual Cleansing. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.