Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,364 members, 7,800,732 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

NBC Bans Olamide’s “wo,” Davido’s “fall,’ 9ice’s “living Things” And More - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / NBC Bans Olamide’s “wo,” Davido’s “fall,’ 9ice’s “living Things” And More (9604 Views)

"Davido Begged Me, Before I Featured Him In 'living Things' Remix" - 9ice Says / Olamide Responds To NBC Banning His Song "Wo" / Wizkid: "Olamide - Wo, Na My Jam Be Dat" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NBC Bans Olamide’s “wo,” Davido’s “fall,’ 9ice’s “living Things” And More by Nobody: 1:11am On Aug 22, 2017
The National Broadcasting Corporation (NBC)has tagged five Nigerian songs as “Not to be Broadcasted.”

The corporation released the list, saying it has banned the 5 songs from being aired.

The songs are: Olamide‘s “Wo” and “Wavy Level“; Davido‘s “Fall” and “If (Remix)“; and 9ice‘s “Living Things.”

The Federal Ministry of Health had in a tweet on Friday said that the video to Olamide’s “Wo” is in violation of the Tobacco Control Act 2015.

Rapper Falz had also in June criticized musicians who glamorize fraud with their lyrics, a criticism fans took to be directed at 9ice for “Living Things.”

See the photo of the NBC notice below:

http://fstrends.com.ng/2017/08/nbc-bans-olamides-wo-davidos-fall-9ices-living-things/
Re: NBC Bans Olamide’s “wo,” Davido’s “fall,’ 9ice’s “living Things” And More by Nobody: 1:44am On Aug 22, 2017
Weytin do IF Remix ooooo

1 Like

Re: NBC Bans Olamide’s “wo,” Davido’s “fall,’ 9ice’s “living Things” And More by Nobody: 1:44am On Aug 22, 2017
And Wavy level
Re: NBC Bans Olamide’s “wo,” Davido’s “fall,’ 9ice’s “living Things” And More by haywhy1026(m): 1:50am On Aug 22, 2017
This shows that the set of Moderators we have in NBC are the backward types that refuse to upgrade their music taste....

2 Likes

Re: NBC Bans Olamide’s “wo,” Davido’s “fall,’ 9ice’s “living Things” And More by Nobody: 1:54am On Aug 22, 2017
Who cares!
#TeamCountryMusic

2 Likes

Re: NBC Bans Olamide’s “wo,” Davido’s “fall,’ 9ice’s “living Things” And More by krushdripper(m): 1:55am On Aug 22, 2017
That's a good step by the NBC, these artists should be putting out better, more society friendly songs instead they act like they don't know they influence the younger generation on a really high level, more of thier illicit, explicit songs and videos should be banned to give them some sense to desist from these wrongs.

2 Likes

Re: NBC Bans Olamide’s “wo,” Davido’s “fall,’ 9ice’s “living Things” And More by Kruzilano(m): 2:31am On Aug 22, 2017
NBC... Funny people
Re: NBC Bans Olamide’s “wo,” Davido’s “fall,’ 9ice’s “living Things” And More by Elnino4ladies: 4:44am On Aug 22, 2017
Sense fall on NBC
Re: NBC Bans Olamide’s “wo,” Davido’s “fall,’ 9ice’s “living Things” And More by omoiyalayi(m): 5:08am On Aug 22, 2017
Na now they woke up

The songs wey don blow already

Wo! NBC u guy are so lame

Sense fall on all of you

4 Likes

Re: NBC Bans Olamide’s “wo,” Davido’s “fall,’ 9ice’s “living Things” And More by OKorowanta: 5:35am On Aug 22, 2017
Nice
Na dis vulgar lyrics on 95% of his songs make Erigga neva blow beta blow.
Cos radio/tv stations will skip songs with vulgarities and u'll be left wit a small fraction of the populace jamming ya music.
Dude's gat nice punchlines but I'm sad he's not were he is suppose to be with his talent.
Olamide,phyno,Davido and others are made already and even with lewd lyrics now,people still gun for them.
The game is,blow first then u can do Yeye later.

1 Like

Re: NBC Bans Olamide’s “wo,” Davido’s “fall,’ 9ice’s “living Things” And More by ednut1(m): 6:27am On Aug 22, 2017
Useless bloggers typed that pic. U guys no just get sense

1 Like

Re: NBC Bans Olamide’s “wo,” Davido’s “fall,’ 9ice’s “living Things” And More by exlinklodge: 6:31am On Aug 22, 2017
taaaa

ndi ara
Re: NBC Bans Olamide’s “wo,” Davido’s “fall,’ 9ice’s “living Things” And More by Amarabae(f): 7:08am On Aug 22, 2017
Good one
Re: NBC Bans Olamide’s “wo,” Davido’s “fall,’ 9ice’s “living Things” And More by 9japrof(m): 7:08am On Aug 22, 2017
Nigerian govt agencies always working like snail, you are banning songs that have been threw months in the market, if remix, and fall on you don reign finish na, who plays the song again.

Why don't this agencies have a unit that reviews songs and makes sure that songs that doesn't meet their taste are banned at least a week after release, thats the only time this their banning thing go dey work, else they are just wasting their time and seeking for cheap relevance so that Nigerians would believe they are working

2 Likes

Re: NBC Bans Olamide’s “wo,” Davido’s “fall,’ 9ice’s “living Things” And More by sweeterman(m): 7:20am On Aug 22, 2017
OKorowanta:
Nice
Cos radio/tv stations will skip songs with vulgarities and u'll be left wit a small fraction of the populace jamming ya music.
Dude's gat nice punchlines but I'm sad he's not were he is suppose to be with his talent.
Olamide,phyno,Davido and others are made already and even with lewd lyrics now,people still gun for them.

That erigga part got me grin grin grin
Dude flows well but his lyrics mehn.... Damn!!!
Re: NBC Bans Olamide’s “wo,” Davido’s “fall,’ 9ice’s “living Things” And More by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 22, 2017
Amarabae:
Good one
When you've danced away you problems with FALL already.. Hypocrisy?
Re: NBC Bans Olamide’s “wo,” Davido’s “fall,’ 9ice’s “living Things” And More by Amarabae(f): 7:31am On Aug 22, 2017
androidroot:
When you've danced away you problems with FALL already.. Hypocrisy?
the song is trash, dodo is my fav.davido song
Re: NBC Bans Olamide’s “wo,” Davido’s “fall,’ 9ice’s “living Things” And More by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 22, 2017
Amarabae:
the song is trash, dodo is my fav.davido song
At times is not about the lyrics, sometimes I fight depression with sounds not minding the lyrics. I'm a hip hop fan but i rest my mind with dance hall. GM.

1 Like

Re: NBC Bans Olamide’s “wo,” Davido’s “fall,’ 9ice’s “living Things” And More by marooh: 7:44am On Aug 22, 2017
Hahahaye!
The Federal Ministry of Health had in a tweet on Friday said that the video to Olamide’s “Wo” is in violation of the Tobacco Control Act 2015.

Can you imagine! And the same tobacco is been sold everywhere...

For their mind now they are are working...

Abegi give me the downloading link grin
Re: NBC Bans Olamide’s “wo,” Davido’s “fall,’ 9ice’s “living Things” And More by ogbeniolola: 9:00am On Aug 22, 2017
Hmmm!...Falz is right afterall!
Re: NBC Bans Olamide’s “wo,” Davido’s “fall,’ 9ice’s “living Things” And More by Adeyemicole(m): 9:03am On Aug 22, 2017
Rubbish
Re: NBC Bans Olamide’s “wo,” Davido’s “fall,’ 9ice’s “living Things” And More by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 22, 2017
marooh:
Hahahaye!

Can you imagine! And the same tobacco is been sold everywhere...

For their mind now they are are working...

Abegi give me the downloading link grin

Abi now....

Download wo video

download audio wo
Re: NBC Bans Olamide’s “wo,” Davido’s “fall,’ 9ice’s “living Things” And More by mankand(m): 9:18am On Aug 22, 2017
Wo!! Nbc banana fall on you all.

Medicine after death, why bother myself when I have the tracks on my phone? I don't even listen to Nigeria radio stations or even watch TV because I can't stand the fakery.

Whenever I drive, I'm on full blast with my music selection
Re: NBC Bans Olamide’s “wo,” Davido’s “fall,’ 9ice’s “living Things” And More by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 22, 2017
mankand:
Wo!! Nbc banana fall on you all.

Medicine after death, why bother myself when I have the tracks on my phone? I don't even listen to Nigeria radio stations or even watch TV because I can't stand the fakery.

Whenever I drive, I'm on full blast with my music selection

After the song Don blow finish... Dem carry Mumu ban come
Re: NBC Bans Olamide’s “wo,” Davido’s “fall,’ 9ice’s “living Things” And More by kokoA(m): 9:25am On Aug 22, 2017
Songs wey don rain pass. Mchheeww.
Re: NBC Bans Olamide’s “wo,” Davido’s “fall,’ 9ice’s “living Things” And More by princeemmma(m): 9:58am On Aug 22, 2017
krushdripper:
That's a good step by the NBC, these artists should be putting out better, more society friendly songs instead they act like they don't know they influence the younger generation on a really high level, more of thier illicit, explicit songs and videos should be banned to give them some sense to desist from these wrongs.
whats your point does the younger generation complained to you?? because i dont understand you
Re: NBC Bans Olamide’s “wo,” Davido’s “fall,’ 9ice’s “living Things” And More by Ultracome: 10:05am On Aug 22, 2017
Let's Build Powerful and Scalable Web Apps Solutions 100% Custom-Built For Your Business

We are in the Business of Crafting Best Web Development Experience

We build powerful and scalable web apps that are custom made using agile development processes leveraging the latest web technologies.

List of Our Web Application System Solutions

• Inventory System Software Development
• Hotel Management System Software Development
• Financial Institutions System Software Development
• School Management System Software/ School Portal Development
• Hospital Management System Software Development
• Airport/ Airline Booking Management System Software Development
• Multi-Level Marketing System Software Development
• Social Media Network Application Development
• Photo Sharing Web Application Development
• Catalog Web Application Site Development
• Forums
• Sport Betting Website Development
• Plus Much more

We develop 100% custom-built Web Apps for your Project Success in Mind!

Contact US NOW to Get Started!

Re: NBC Bans Olamide’s “wo,” Davido’s “fall,’ 9ice’s “living Things” And More by succyblinks(f): 10:13am On Aug 22, 2017
OKorowanta:
Nice

Abeg leave my erigga for me, u na number one fan too from ur moniker

But I believe the reason why he's yet to blow better blow is because of the pidgin English he uses but who cares as far as the street dey jam his flow
Re: NBC Bans Olamide’s “wo,” Davido’s “fall,’ 9ice’s “living Things” And More by empressteemah06(f): 10:16am On Aug 22, 2017
After listening to them
If I tell you say I love you
Wo. Awon omo ti ka body
As a living thing. I wanna be on top of things
Banana fall on you..
Re: NBC Bans Olamide’s “wo,” Davido’s “fall,’ 9ice’s “living Things” And More by EmyLeo(m): 10:45am On Aug 22, 2017
it's like all this NBC peeps sef have been smoking tobacco, nothing is wrong with if and fall ..

abi is there any other "if" song .. this guys sha..
Re: NBC Bans Olamide’s “wo,” Davido’s “fall,’ 9ice’s “living Things” And More by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 22, 2017
EmyLeo:
it's like all this NBC peeps sef have been smoking tobacco, nothing is wrong with if and fall ..

abi is there any other "if" song .. this guys sha..

I go chuk you chukuchuku ooooo...

Banana fall on you
Re: NBC Bans Olamide’s “wo,” Davido’s “fall,’ 9ice’s “living Things” And More by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 22, 2017
succyblinks:

Abeg leave my erigga for me, u na number one fan too from ur moniker

But I believe the reason why he's yet to blow better blow is because of the pidgin English he uses but who cares as far as the street dey jam his flow

Banana pidgin no make EFe blow... Lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Will Shock You! The Pics Got Everybody Talking On Social Media / Jim Iyke Beats Up Tonto Dike On Set For Yabbing His Jamaican Girlfriend Looks / Could John Cena Be Dead??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.