Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,149 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

Unusual Words With Surprising Meanings - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unusual Words With Surprising Meanings (559 Views)

20 Difficult Words With Meanings And Examples / Top 20 Pictures More Powerful Than Words (with Deep Meaning) / Top 20 Pictures More Powerful Than Words (with Deep Meaning) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unusual Words With Surprising Meanings by olamidefatoye(f): 11:37am On Aug 22, 2017
Unusual words with surprising meanings

When you hear or read a new word, it can be difficult to work out what the meaning might be intuitively. That, of course, is partly what dictionaries are for. When a word sounds like another, though, you might be misled into thinking you can guess its meaning… Here are some definitions of words which don’t mean what you might expect. Clicking on each image will take you to the full dictionary entry. #copied#

Re: Unusual Words With Surprising Meanings by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 22, 2017
cheesy the third speaks for a girl I know, I call her smello
Re: Unusual Words With Surprising Meanings by olamidefatoye(f): 12:02pm On Aug 22, 2017
cheesy
Remimadrid:
cheesy the third speaks for a girl I know, I call her smello
cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: Ngige Must Go / Luth Demand #800,000 To Release Corpse Of Yabatech Student / ABU Direct Entry Admission Screening Registration 2017/2018 Announced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.