Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,629 members, 7,801,818 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon (233521 Views)

My Personal Demon 18+ / INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon / Yoruba Demon From A Joke To A Tribal Insult (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by sheikshegetto(m): 1:46pm On Nov 25, 2017
At this my mom would wade in.. “come o baba simi who are you comparing to my people? Check your own family well o, cos the least of my people have a phd, so it is from your cocoa farmers kinsmen your son inherited his brains from”.

“its my family you are calling illerate abi, you and your phd collecting family are mad, with all their certificates how many of them built a house” father howled back in anger as they traded insults while I on the other hand sneaked off to my room unnoticed.

The following weeks after my jamb result came out was hell, I simply needed to laugh by mistake to give my parent a chance to rake at me anew. My mother reporting me to her visiting friends was the worst, as mummy excell or mama adaobi added in a word or two.

Mummy excell: boya he’s having girlfriends now, children of nowadays taking the easy life we live today for granted.

Mama adaobi: Ewo! Bioye bia n'eba you mean you have a girlfriend at this age, how will you pass, na your mama spoil you o, if you be my pikin, you for don hear wen!.

My dad instead choose to ignore me, but woe betide me if he comes home from work and found me sitting in the living room watching tv, “iyen la ri e si, olodo rabata, if we add the time you take to watch television to your jamb score, maybe you will pass”.

Arrgggrrr… okay lemme stay in my room then,

“what is he doing inside, sleep on o, and sleep away your destiny while your mates have passed jamb and have entered university”.

Believe me, I gave up after that and choose to ignore them both, finding solace instead with my favorite eldest sister and ekaette. I swear at times nigerian parents got their diploma in parenthood from hell academy.

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by Tedpgrass: 11:10pm On Nov 28, 2017
good piece of writing!! well-paced and funny
got me laughing all the way

interesting expose on child grooming-- particularly the mind of the groomed child

more ink to your pen!!

6 Likes

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by trustibk1(m): 6:48am On Nov 29, 2017
cheesy
Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by Worldbest281: 6:48am On Nov 29, 2017
truth

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by HeWrites(m): 6:55am On Nov 29, 2017
sheikshegetto permission to copy please

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by Allwility: 7:06am On Nov 29, 2017
You're a good writer.

4 Likes

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by Exumasdas: 7:23am On Nov 29, 2017
Please report any post or topic that violates the rules of Nairaland using the (Report) button.

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by Chevalier(m): 7:28am On Nov 29, 2017
sheikshegetto:
My dad instead choose to ignore me, but woe betide me if he comes home from work and found me sitting in the living room watching tv, “iyen la ri e si, olodo rabata, if we add the time you take to watch television to your jamb score, maybe you will pass”.

Arrgggrrr… okay lemme stay in my room then,

“what is he doing inside, sleep on o, and sleep away your destiny while your mates have passed jamb and have entered university”.

Believe me, I gave up after that and choose to ignore them both, finding solace instead with my favorite eldest sister and ekaette. I swear at times nigerian parents got their diploma in parenthood from hell academy.

Na my papa you just describe so o grin

5 Likes

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by YINKS89(m): 7:32am On Nov 29, 2017
Mehn dis is well written... Kip it up.

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by Nobody: 7:32am On Nov 29, 2017
grin grin

I like the way u accurately described the Nigerian parents in ur story.

Ekaette go hear am. Na only kiss u give am wey she shock grin

Aunty Rose be the real MVP cool

9 Likes

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by timibare(m): 7:39am On Nov 29, 2017
I need an aunty Rose in my life right now!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by Uniquejames(m): 7:47am On Nov 29, 2017
OP please don't stop already.

I share in almost every stage of your life bro, from Aunty rose kinda to becoming an introvert to dating finest in school then.

oya ayam waiting for kontinuation

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by Jac007(m): 7:55am On Nov 29, 2017
So I have to wait to read the concluding parts? embarassed embarassed embarassed The lady that made me a demon is late, I have nothing but forgiveness for the dead. embarassed
Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by Khd95(m): 8:19am On Nov 29, 2017
Bros abeg mention me when next update don done cool cheesy grin

African parents sef...anyways na their way of showing love..u will literally think they hate u undecided
Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by BluMalam(m): 8:26am On Nov 29, 2017
Uniquejames:

I share in almost every stage of your life bro, from Aunty rose kinda to becoming an introvert to dating finest in school then.

Same here, what a strange phenomenon.

Mine was a second cousin who used to live with my grandma...I was also about 9 when she stole my innocence (not that I was complaining smiley)

OP good job.

4 Likes

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by Preye21: 9:29am On Nov 29, 2017
Please kontinu oooooo, I love ur piece, kept me yearning for more. You are a good narrator I must confess

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by enigmaticlion: 9:49am On Nov 29, 2017
adontcare:
I get it demon cool
fvck you grin
Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by newslifeop: 9:49am On Nov 29, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by enonche85(m): 9:55am On Nov 29, 2017
timibare:
I need an aunty Rose in my life right now!!!!!

Bad shild! grin
Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by illicit(m): 10:08am On Nov 29, 2017
demonic story
Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by kechywillz(m): 10:33am On Nov 29, 2017
sad sad
Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by Perspective007: 11:57am On Nov 29, 2017
Write on abeg, we dey follow

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 29, 2017
which kind wahala be this? This story neva complete

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by sheikshegetto(m): 2:01pm On Nov 29, 2017
That year was one of the longest year of my life as some of my friends gained admission into universities while I moped around the house like someone bereaved. As if that wasn’t enough, when ekaette informed me that she had been enrolled into an expensive private uni, I could barely hold down my bitterness.

“You don’t sound happy to hear this” She said as she observed my forced smile”.

“of course I am” I replied. “Its just that all of my friends are rushing on ahead of me leaving me behind and now you too”.

“Now don’t be silly, just cos they gained admission before you doesn’t mean they’re not friends with you anymore, and just because am going to be away for a while don’t mean im through with you, so don’t you dare let another girl near you okay?.

I smiled at this…”now that’s more like it, she smiled back. “you don’t have to mop around, shit happens all you need do is deal with it, in a few months time, jamb form comes out, you’ve got all the time to prepare then show dem who’s boss”.

7 Likes

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by sheikshegetto(m): 2:04pm On Nov 29, 2017
I felt a lot better after that as I braced myself for the coming months ahead.

People change over time, whoever coined that, you are absolutely right, my friends moved on, made new friends, came home from their first semester in school, at first they were happy to see me as they shared fascinating news about their new lives in campus, they then began to get bored of the old me and my persistent lollygagging, I wasn’t that offended really cos I’ve always felt more comfortable keeping to myself than mingling with my guys in the first place.

Ekaette’s return on the otherhand was more than enough to put them out of my mind, visiting almost everyday of her holiday, exchanging gossips and titbits and stealing a kiss here and there. Fast forward a couple of months later, I got another jamb form, read for it like my life depended on it.

“this year is my year, I die there was my mantra everytime I begin to feel lazy enough to open a book.

The week scheduled to sit for the examination, ekaette returned home for another semester break and I was unaware. a friend of mine who was also home cos of ASUU strike told me he saw her the day before, I told him off cos I knew she had never failed to come callling whenever she was back.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by sheikshegetto(m): 2:07pm On Nov 29, 2017
A few days later, she visited, I playfully accused her for not coming to say hi since she got back and to my surprise she nonchalantly brushed it off that she had something important she was doing for her mother.

I also noticed her checking her watch like she needed to be somewhere else, this bugged me cos the old ekaette would stick around till I force her to leave, I pushed down my doubts and instead asked her if she will be celebrating her birthday later that week, she said no, that her results that semester weren’t that good so her parents had decided not to pull in any budget for her birthday. Noticing her fidgeting, I ended the discussion and suggested I see her off instead to which she readily jumped to comply without hesitation.

I needed no soothsayer to tell me something was amiss but I again brushed if off as her being in one of her moods, birthday or no birthday, I decided to at least show her some love by buying her something. Gathering my savings and some additional loan from one of my sisters, I bought a box of chocolate and perfume, and strutted off towards her house.

Now here I am at the cusp of another lesson, an epiphany, a eye opener.

Lo and behold, I met ekaette's place in the middle of a birthday bash, the first question that was running through my befuddled mind was maybe its her mother that is celebrating, that was why her own was postponed, i stood there making foolish excuses on her behalf.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by Uniquejames(m): 2:15pm On Nov 29, 2017
another gene of demon is about to be injected.
Ekaette don change class
OP abeg continue
Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by itsandi(m): 2:42pm On Nov 29, 2017
Nice update! cheesy Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

Click!

3 Likes

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by sheikshegetto(m): 3:19pm On Nov 29, 2017
By the time I arrived, the party was already in full swing, pool party and all, and the cake icing obviously stated that it was ekaette's birthday in answer to my deluded opinion, as I brought up another in her defense, “maybe her parents forbidded her from inviting her boyfriend because of her semester results,” my common sense and destiny would have facepalmed themselves at that moment.

I saw her right there, looking like she was having the best time of her life, not the other way round as I thought it would be, like in nollywood movies; denied access to the love of you life while you contemplate running away. She raised her head to laugh at some jokes shared by a friend when our eyes met, she frowned instead to cover her discomfort as she excused herself to meet me.

“bioye what are you doing here?”

“happy birthday,“ was all I could force out of my suddenly heavy tongue as I thrust her gifts into her hands.

“I know I have some explaining to do about all this, but if you had stayed off thinking only about yourself for a minute to listen to me in the first place I would ha__
My eyebrow were raised at this cutting her off abruptly, really? She wants to pull the blame string on me, catch me off guard so she can balance the odds back in her favor, babe that don’t work on me no more.

“Cool, whatever” I said, flashing a careless smile, at least my own friend showed me I wasn’t wanted, I did not have to find out for myself, I’ll take my leave now.”

At that a voice startled us both, “babe time for the celebrant dance, is everything all right? A tall lighskined dude joined us, snaking an arm around ekaette's waist in a show of ownership to stare curiously at me, while the latter stared hard at the ground as if she was looking for her dropped destiny.

A barrage of emotions raced through my face….confusion, anger, and then impassion as my brains registered the turn of events, adding two plus two..ohhhhh school boyfriend…home boyfriend….birthday….must not meet….they have met…. Kasala burst.
But heaven did not fall, my heart broke and mended on the spot, I don’t need time to mend, I mentally used superglue.

“Bro what’s up, extending my hand for a handshake as I flashed my dimpled smile, “names bioye, an old school friend of the celebrant.”

“hey, im fred. he smiled, now at ease with my gesture, come on in, babe never talked much about her old school, where do you study?, not our school tho cos I might have recognize you on the spot.”

Ekaette found the ground simply fascinating all through our tensed discussion as she couldn’t find the courage to meet my face, anyways I excused myself and bounced out from the party. My deamon horns began to sprout that day.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by sheikshegetto(m): 3:23pm On Nov 29, 2017
HeWrites:
sheikshegetto permission to copy please
no worries bro...as long as credit is given to whos due.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon by Uyiii: 3:52pm On Nov 29, 2017
At that a voice startled us both, “babe time for the celebrant dance, is everything all right? A tall lighskined dude joined us, snaking an arm around ekaette's waist in a show of ownership to stare curiously at me, while the latter stared hard at the ground as if she was looking for her dropped destiny.
ok the destiny part burst my head just naacheesy, I know say you for just like give her small slap then spit for her eyes shagrin

That's life man, we only strive and hope for the better for ourselves everyday, summary of human existencesmiley

I don park my NL Ferrari here since, demonic spirit activated cool

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

Choices / My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe / Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.