Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

Top 11 SmartPhones That'll Get Android Oreo 8.0 Before The End Of The Year - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Top 11 SmartPhones That'll Get Android Oreo 8.0 Before The End Of The Year (5462 Views)

Nairalander Review Of A32F: Budget Android Oreo Phone With Fingerprint Security / See The List Of Samsung Phones That'll Get Android 8.0 Update / See The Top 10 New Features In Android Oreo 8.0 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 11 SmartPhones That'll Get Android Oreo 8.0 Before The End Of The Year by NaijaTechGuy(m): 1:11pm On Aug 22, 2017
As expected, Google has finally unveiled the name of the next version of Android. It was simply known as "O" for the past couple of months when a few Developer Previews public betas were rolled out. However, it now officially has a full name.

It's Android 8.0 Oreo.

So Android's Senior Vice President, Lockheimer wasn't trolling us again.

I never believed it was going to be Oreo,.. Oh well, Lockheimer.. I must say I'm impressed. Although it didn't end up being Android Ogbono grin cheesy

So the most rumored name actually turned out to be what Google chose to call the latest Android version. It's the second time in the history of Android when there's a commercial partnership involved - for version 4.4 KitKat Google teamed up with Nestle (which owns that brand), and this time around the search giant managed to get Mondelez on board the co-branding train.

Android 8.0 Oreo's code have already been uploaded by Google engineers to the Android Open Source Project.
Software updates for the supported Nexus and Pixel devices are due to arrive "soon".

According to Google, Here's the list of phones that are certainly going to get the update before the year runs out.

1. Essential
2.General Mobile
3. HMD Global (Nokia)
4. Huawei
5.HTC
6.Kyocera
7.LG
8.Motorola
9.Samsung
10.Sharp
11.Sony.

Android Oreo comes with picture-in-picture support, notification dots, fully redesigned emoji (including over 60 new ones), Google Play Protect built-in, limits to background overuse of battery by apps, faster boot speeds, autofill system-wide, and support for Android Instant Apps.

Also BlackBerry has officially confirmed that the Keyone will be getting the Android Oreo update.

Now lets go back to the Naming Table. I'd bet the next version of Android is Android Peanut Butter. Android 9.0 Till then let's keep our fingers crossed.
Re: Top 11 SmartPhones That'll Get Android Oreo 8.0 Before The End Of The Year by NaijaTechGuy(m): 1:11pm On Aug 22, 2017
Re: Top 11 SmartPhones That'll Get Android Oreo 8.0 Before The End Of The Year by donbrowser(m): 1:15pm On Aug 22, 2017
Impressive, I see some girls........ Fill in the gap
Re: Top 11 SmartPhones That'll Get Android Oreo 8.0 Before The End Of The Year by ddjay: 1:19pm On Aug 22, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:
As expected, Google has finally unveiled the name of the next version of Android. It was simply known as "O" for the past couple of months when a few Developer Previews public betas were rolled out. However, it now officially has a full name.

It's Android 8.0 Oreo.

So Android's Senior Vice President, Lockheimer wasn't trolling us again.

So the most rumored name actually turned out to be what Google chose to call the latest Android version. It's the second time in the history of Android when there's a commercial partnership involved - for version 4.4 KitKat Google teamed up with Nestle (which owns that brand), and this time around the search giant managed to get Mondelez on board the co-branding train.

Android 8.0 Oreo's code have already been uploaded by Google engineers to the Android Open Source Project.
Software updates for the supported Nexus and Pixel devices are due to arrive "soon".

According to Google, Here's the list of phones that are certainly going to get the update before the year runs out.

1. Essential
2.General Mobile
3. HMD Global (Nokia)
4. Huawei
5.HTC
6.Kyocera
7.LG
8.Motorola
9.Samsung
10.Sharp
11.Sony.

Android Oreo comes with picture-in-picture support, notification dots, fully redesigned emoji (including over 60 new ones), Google Play Protect built-in, limits to background overuse of battery by apps, faster boot speeds, autofill system-wide, and support for Android Instant Apps.

Also BlackBerry has officially confirmed that the Keyone will be getting the Android Oreo update.

Now lets go back to the Naming Table. I'd bet the next version of Android is Android Peanut Butter. Android 9.0 Till then let's keep our fingers crossed.
Guy I take God beg u,add tekno and infinix with all dem doogee ulefone gionee and etc b4 nairalanders chop u raw.na advice I give u so b4 ur loved ones go wake up 2muro see only bone 4 ur bed

4 Likes

Re: Top 11 SmartPhones That'll Get Android Oreo 8.0 Before The End Of The Year by Homeboiy: 1:20pm On Aug 22, 2017
Rubbish

Still dont change anything
E go still brick
and we go still chop money as usual

2 Likes

Re: Top 11 SmartPhones That'll Get Android Oreo 8.0 Before The End Of The Year by ITbomb(m): 1:21pm On Aug 22, 2017
Probably the only significant change is the
Re: Top 11 SmartPhones That'll Get Android Oreo 8.0 Before The End Of The Year by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 22, 2017
Nokia may be among. But definitely not tecno and co.
Its just of recent they started giving us 7.0 when they know that 8.0 is near.
Re: Top 11 SmartPhones That'll Get Android Oreo 8.0 Before The End Of The Year by siobh: 5:04pm On Aug 22, 2017
ddjay:

Guy I take God beg u,add tekno and infinix with all dem doogee ulefone gionee and etc b4 nairalanders chop u raw.na advice I give u so b4 ur loved ones go wake up 2muro see only bone 4 ur bed
We no tell them say their phones na mumu phones?
Who send them.

1 Like

Re: Top 11 SmartPhones That'll Get Android Oreo 8.0 Before The End Of The Year by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:29pm On Aug 22, 2017
ddjay:

Lol.. I can't say anything about Tecno and Infinix.. Or itelmobileng.. That has to be confirmed from them first..
Re: Top 11 SmartPhones That'll Get Android Oreo 8.0 Before The End Of The Year by Xionez(m): 7:38pm On Aug 22, 2017
Mehn, guyz, u know sey e no go bad if these Infinix and Techno dem reason us this 8.0 update on our pre 2016 phones. Make we flex small.

Abi, how una see am?!
Re: Top 11 SmartPhones That'll Get Android Oreo 8.0 Before The End Of The Year by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 22, 2017
I so knew it was gonn be called OREO...
Nougat, Marshmallow, Lollipop, Kitkat, Jellybean, Icecream Sandwich et all...
still waiting for P ... I love Android Sweets
Re: Top 11 SmartPhones That'll Get Android Oreo 8.0 Before The End Of The Year by ddjay: 10:31pm On Aug 22, 2017
siobh:

We no tell them say their phones na mumu phones?
Who send them.
Abeg help dem
Re: Top 11 SmartPhones That'll Get Android Oreo 8.0 Before The End Of The Year by ddjay: 10:35pm On Aug 22, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

Lol.. I can't say anything about Tecno and Infinix.. Or itelmobileng.. That has to be confirmed from them first..
Just help dem with d sense of belonging, try and see if u can remind Google about dia phones. Don't feel disturbed, u r helping naija economy get its due international recognition by telling the whole world what our people use.by so doing,God will bless u richly and prosper ur generation for serving your fatherland
Re: Top 11 SmartPhones That'll Get Android Oreo 8.0 Before The End Of The Year by NaijaTechGuy(m): 12:01am On Aug 23, 2017
ddjay:

Just help dem with d sense of belonging, try and see if u can remind Google about dia phones. Don't feel disturbed, u r helping naija economy get its due international recognition by telling the whole world what our people use.by so doing,God will bless u richly and prosper ur generation for serving your fatherland

Actually with the new Project Treble by Google, Smartphone manufacturers would be able to update their devices seamlessly without needing to modify the code. Hopefully they'll key into this. However, I think Tecno and Infinix are slow in releasing updates because they have to modify the code to suit their processor and add their own customized theme unlike Nokia that'll be running on stock Android. They're good brands but they're really bad at releasing updates I must say.

1 Like

Re: Top 11 SmartPhones That'll Get Android Oreo 8.0 Before The End Of The Year by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:20am On Aug 23, 2017
siobh:
We no tell them say their phones na mumu phones? Who send them.
grin grin
Re: Top 11 SmartPhones That'll Get Android Oreo 8.0 Before The End Of The Year by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:20am On Aug 23, 2017
siobh:
We no tell them say their phones na mumu phones? Who send them.
grin grin
Re: Top 11 SmartPhones That'll Get Android Oreo 8.0 Before The End Of The Year by MrBONE2(m): 8:05am On Aug 23, 2017
Shezhawt:
I so knew it was gonn be called OREO...

Nougat, Marshmallow, Lollipop, Kitkat, Jellybean, Icecream Sandwich et all...

still waiting for P ... I love Android Sweets
P would be Plantain Chips or Potato Chips grin

But Pepper Soup would be better. grin
Re: Top 11 SmartPhones That'll Get Android Oreo 8.0 Before The End Of The Year by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:34am On Aug 23, 2017
MrBONE2:
P would be Plantain Chips or Potato Chips grin

But Pepper Soup would be better. grin

Android Peanut Butter or Android Pepper Mint.
Re: Top 11 SmartPhones That'll Get Android Oreo 8.0 Before The End Of The Year by itelMobileNG: 10:30am On Aug 23, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

We would definately have it in our devices... smiley smiley
Re: Top 11 SmartPhones That'll Get Android Oreo 8.0 Before The End Of The Year by NaijaTechGuy(m): 12:32pm On Aug 23, 2017
itelMobileNG:

We would definately have it in our devices... smiley smiley

Looking forward to that.. And please a 2GB ram device alongside 4G support won't be bad as well. wink..
Re: Top 11 SmartPhones That'll Get Android Oreo 8.0 Before The End Of The Year by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:40am On Aug 24, 2017
Cc Mynd44, lalasticlala
Re: Top 11 SmartPhones That'll Get Android Oreo 8.0 Before The End Of The Year by bravesoul247(m): 8:35am On Aug 24, 2017
I no see Tecno for there oo.
Re: Top 11 SmartPhones That'll Get Android Oreo 8.0 Before The End Of The Year by joseph214(m): 8:58am On Aug 24, 2017
And infinix will update their phones to oreo next year April, while tecno the same but only camon series or maybe phantom.
Re: Top 11 SmartPhones That'll Get Android Oreo 8.0 Before The End Of The Year by itelMobileNG: 9:48am On Aug 24, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

Looking forward to that.. And please a 2GB ram device alongside 4G support won't be bad as well. wink..

yes, before the end of the year
Re: Top 11 SmartPhones That'll Get Android Oreo 8.0 Before The End Of The Year by declanleslie: 9:58am On Aug 24, 2017
Please i need an android phone wit d following spec at d rate of 40-45
2gb ram,16gb rom
8mp front nd 13mp back
2g,3g,4g network
4000mah,6.0 or above OS
fingerprint,light sensor
slim nd sleeky in shape nd design
a processor wit gud multitasking nd gaming experience......any other spec is an added advantage...pls help me wit d list of phone dt will worth 40-45
Re: Top 11 SmartPhones That'll Get Android Oreo 8.0 Before The End Of The Year by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:30am On Aug 25, 2017
itelMobileNG:

yes, before the end of the year
. Okay..
Re: Top 11 SmartPhones That'll Get Android Oreo 8.0 Before The End Of The Year by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:33am On Aug 25, 2017
declanleslie:
Please i need an android phone wit d following spec at d rate of 40-45
2gb ram,16gb rom
8mp front nd 13mp back
2g,3g,4g network
4000mah,6.0 or above OS
fingerprint,light sensor
slim nd sleeky in shape nd design
a processor wit gud multitasking nd gaming experience......any other spec is an added advantage...pls help me wit d list of phone dt will worth 40-45

Closest one I could find is the Lenovo K6 - 53k

Android v6.0.1 - 1.4 GHz Tru-Octa
- 3 GB RAM - 32 GB Storage
- 5.0" (12.7 cm) - 4000 mAh
- 13 MP Rear - 8 MP Front
- VoLTE, Dual SIM -
Re: Top 11 SmartPhones That'll Get Android Oreo 8.0 Before The End Of The Year by demsid(m): 7:53am On Aug 25, 2017
Nice one. Iyanya has said it before. Oreo o
Re: Top 11 SmartPhones That'll Get Android Oreo 8.0 Before The End Of The Year by salesforce: 8:37am On Aug 25, 2017
Ok
Re: Top 11 SmartPhones That'll Get Android Oreo 8.0 Before The End Of The Year by iconabblog(m): 9:13am On Aug 25, 2017
The Mi 6 has a four sided curved glass and stainless steel body frame that house a gorgeous 5.15” display screen. The Mi 6 is crafted with masterful precision, Mi uses the best ceramic material technology in furnishing the smartphone which is a demonstration of elegance and quality with the four sided curved glass and stainless steel body. https://iconabblog..com.ng/2017/08/mi-6-full-spec-review.html#more

Re: Top 11 SmartPhones That'll Get Android Oreo 8.0 Before The End Of The Year by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:02am On Aug 26, 2017
iconabblog:
The Mi 6 has a four sided curved glass and stainless steel body frame that house a gorgeous 5.15” display screen. The Mi 6 is crafted with masterful precision, Mi uses the best ceramic material technology in furnishing the smartphone which is a demonstration of elegance and quality with the four sided curved glass and stainless steel body. https://iconabblog..com.ng/2017/08/mi-6-full-spec-review.html#more

Nice device.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Lost My Mtn Sim But Was Not Registered By Me / If You Are Using Infinix Hot Note 3..come In Help Needed Urgently / Glo Introduces Free Data Bundle For Its Subscribers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.