Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,859 members, 7,798,861 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

4 Things You Should Consider Before Taking A New Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 4 Things You Should Consider Before Taking A New Job (12829 Views)

4 Things Do When You Are Laid Off / Things You Should Look Out For Before Taking A Job At A Company / 4 Things You Need To Work For A Foreign Firm Remotely From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Things You Should Consider Before Taking A New Job by akanbiaa(m): 2:53pm On Aug 23, 2017
Bigsteveg:

But some are actually doing that kind of job you just talked about. It's not as if they wanted the job, they just don't have choice and they have to eat and probably feed one or two.
GOD just us, and we should never stop thanks GOD for the little we have, that job you think is humiliating...somebody is seriously praying for it somewhere.
True but never have a slave mentality even if you are currently a slave,think about improving yourself, adding value and doing something unique that separates you out of the crowd.
Re: 4 Things You Should Consider Before Taking A New Job by adwem2003(m): 4:20pm On Aug 23, 2017
euromilion:

Are you sure that you know what you are talking about?

Can you commute for 3hours to go to work and 3hours back?

Show me the pay please. I will commute 6hrs to and 6hrs fro. Travelling is my hobby.
Re: 4 Things You Should Consider Before Taking A New Job by Odiriance4all(m): 5:31pm On Aug 23, 2017
adwem2003:

Show me the pay please. I will commute 6hrs to and 6hrs fro. Travelling is my hobby.

you are an in-experience man
please
talk from experience not just ego

1 Like

Re: 4 Things You Should Consider Before Taking A New Job by Taiye4Christ(m): 5:56pm On Aug 23, 2017
adwem2003:

Show me the pay please. I will commute 6hrs to and 6hrs from. Travelling is my hobby.

The pay might 'motivate' you for a while. Ask those guys shuttling between island and mainland EVERYDAY. You leave home 4/5am to resume at the office 8am, then you close and get back home 10/11pm amidst heavy traffic jam. EVERYDAY. Sometimes, you just don't know what you are asking for...
Re: 4 Things You Should Consider Before Taking A New Job by adwem2003(m): 6:35pm On Aug 23, 2017
Taiye4Christ:

The pay might 'motivate' you for a while. Ask those guys shuttling between island and mainland EVERYDAY. You leave home 4/5am to resume at the office 8am, then you close and get back home 10/11pm amidst heavy traffic jam. EVERYDAY. Sometimes, you just don't know what you are asking for...

I know what I'm asking for, don't know about you. I work in island and stays at mainland. When money falls on you, the stress will be minimal.
Re: 4 Things You Should Consider Before Taking A New Job by adwem2003(m): 6:37pm On Aug 23, 2017
Odiriance4all:

you are an in-experience man
please
talk from experience not just ego

I'm not sure you have the same working experience I have gotten. If you limit your career to short distances, you can't go further.
That's my little experience/advice you might ignore.

(1) (2) (Reply)

General Electric Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment (8 Positions) / Why Is It Taking So Long For A Recruitment Firm To Hire After Interview? / Vacancy At Frieslandcampina WAMCO Nig PLC (peak Milk)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.