Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here (7399 Views)

How Is Network Data Speed In Your Area? / How To Know Your Network Speed In Nigeria / Glo Network Speed Has Massively Improved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by sweeterman(m): 4:34pm On Aug 22, 2017
Sony Xperia XZ Premium reaches 750Mbps download speed over EE's LTE network

Earlier this year, the Snapdragon 835 powered a mobile router that clocked 930Mbps download speed. The Sony Xperia XZ Premium is based on the same chipset and it reached 750Mbps in “real-world test conditions” - specifically EE’s LTE network at Wembley Stadium in London.

The test put the one of a kind screen to good use by streaming The Grand Tour in 4K HDR (from Amazon Prime). Other things that the Sony team tried out was to download high quality music for offline listening and downloading “humongous” files from Google Drive.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium reaches 750Mbps download speed over EE's LTE network
They don’t specify how they tested the upload, but the Xperia XZ Premium went up to 110Mbps. “The end of wires? It can’t be long,” says Sony.
http://m.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_xz_750mbps_download_speed-news-26871.php

I keep wondering the year naija will reach this speed.

1 Like

Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by kingxsamz(m): 4:36pm On Aug 22, 2017
T
Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by benzene00: 4:38pm On Aug 22, 2017
where u go even see 1mb\s

just 200kb/s from glo and I'm already dancing

14 Likes

Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by FemiEddy(m): 4:58pm On Aug 22, 2017
We are getting there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by Friedyokes: 4:59pm On Aug 22, 2017
See how data speed dae like data plan

9 Likes

Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by iDROID: 5:01pm On Aug 22, 2017
That's about 93MB/s. Not bad. smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by iDROID: 5:03pm On Aug 22, 2017
FemiEddy:
750mb/s, why Na? Don't make me cry cry , chai, no wonder the whites don't download, they stream live, but op , Nigeria sef don improve small na
I hope you're aware that's megabits per second(Mbps) not Megabytes per second(Mb/s). They're two different things. Don't get it all mixed up.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by FemiEddy(m): 5:09pm On Aug 22, 2017
iDROID:

I hope you're aware that's megabits per second(Mbps) not Megabytes per second(Mb/s). They're two different things. Not get it all mixed up.
Point noted...thanks fam

1 Like

Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by sweeterman(m): 5:38pm On Aug 22, 2017
benzene00:

grin grin grin dah one bad pass
Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by sweeterman(m): 5:40pm On Aug 22, 2017
FemiEddy:
We are getting there

Who wan take us there kwan?? MTN wey wan still suck our blood with their services??

1 Like

Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by sweeterman(m): 5:42pm On Aug 22, 2017
Friedyokes:
See how data speed dae like data plan

Lmao!! My first thought when i saw dis grin grin

iDROID:
That's about 93MB/s. Not bad. smiley

Imagine streaming on this grin grin

1 Like

Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 22, 2017
benzene00:

Was downloading teen wolf last night at 24kb/s embarassed Slept off, woke up 3hrs later, it was still downloading.. sad

10 Likes

Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by greenmonk: 6:40pm On Aug 22, 2017
iDROID:

I hope you're aware that's megabits per second(Mbps) not Megabytes per second(Mb/s). They're two different things. Not get it all mixed up.
Who told you that its not megabytes.

1 Like

Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by joeace2020(m): 6:59pm On Aug 22, 2017
Shezhawt:

Was downloading teen wolf last night at 24kb/s embarassed Slept off, woke up 3hrs later, it was still downloading.. sad

24kb/s?...................Funke!

4 Likes

Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by IKON360(m): 7:21pm On Aug 22, 2017
iDROID:

What took you to researching or knowing the diffrence? I fear you
Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 22, 2017
To study abroad no cheap at all ooh 12000pounds a year but its more profitable.

I will be downding gta v 50 GB on my pc in an hour or even 30min, no need to waste 20k to buy.

1 Like

Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by iDROID: 8:12pm On Aug 22, 2017
IKON360:

What took you to researching or knowing the diffrence? I fear you
This is common knowledge as long as data is concerned. Funny how most Nigerians can't different between the two units. I might just create a thread to enlighten the masses. grin

6 Likes

Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by iDROID: 8:17pm On Aug 22, 2017
greenmonk:

Oga, you can look it up. Mbps is megabits per second. Don't think it's same as megabytes per second. You should do a detailed research on data and internet metrics grin

Modified: The unit for megabytes per second is MB/s or MBps. Note the capital MB.
Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 22, 2017
joeace2020:

24kb/s?...................Funke!
MTN never fails to disappoint

2 Likes

Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by selch(m): 8:35pm On Aug 22, 2017
true.i remember watching iron man3 of how long ago, when tony needed to use a journalist laptop, the interner speed was 9mb/s and he was like,no i cant work with that. and here for me to download game of thrones na with prayer cz that 22kb/s fit crash at anytime

5 Likes

Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by imam07: 8:37pm On Aug 22, 2017
FemiEddy:
We are getting there
where are u getting to? Things don't work here my friend. Data speed was better in 3 yrs ago than now. Edge in 4 yrs ago was faster than 3g network of now.
Many things are just going from bad to worse in naija everyday.
We cant say this is the best network now. Network strength just depends on location

4 Likes

Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by Alitair(m): 8:47pm On Aug 22, 2017
FemiEddy:
We are getting there

1 Like

Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by Alitair(m): 8:47pm On Aug 22, 2017
FemiEddy:
We are getting there
E go tey o

1 Like

Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by boman2014: 9:20pm On Aug 22, 2017
tis what i call GOD SPEED!

1 Like

Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by ozoneymcm: 9:43pm On Aug 22, 2017
Shezhawt:

Ur download will finish during the 2019 presidential election. Keep sleeping

1 Like

Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by DrayZee: 10:33pm On Aug 22, 2017
greenmonk:

It's not megabytes.
Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by Stevengold(m): 10:42pm On Aug 22, 2017
We'll get there soon, though the highest I've used for mtn night plan on 4G is 2-3 mb per sec.
Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by kiddie(m): 12:32am On Aug 23, 2017
I've gotten 9mbps
Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by DONADAMS(m): 12:45am On Aug 23, 2017
when will naija get to this level??
Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by swagguElite(m): 2:28am On Aug 23, 2017
Stevengold:
We'll get there soon, though the highest I've used for mtn night plan on 4G is 2-3 mb per sec.
Bros I hail oo! ...my highest na 520kb/s ....I remember I held my hand over the kitchen sink for hours ...mosquitoes enjoy that day aswear! ... I no fit shake talkless of move!

Around that 3am ...my mom came into kitchen n
Mom : what are you doing in my kitchen? ...
Me: Night browsing! ...

Mom: You kno I counted the meat!
Me: Waaat!

Mom: Beta leave the kitchen now!
Me:Mummy ooh yu can't understand! ...just leave me!

Mom: (Carries all the pots to her room)
embarassed fvccck!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by ITbomb(m): 6:52am On Aug 23, 2017
That's the kind of speed you get in a country where unity is negotiable and government lobby the member states to remain together for progress

1 Like

Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by Toybreezy: 6:55am On Aug 23, 2017
swagguElite:
Bros I hail oo! ...my highest na 520kb/s ....I remember I held my hand over the kitchen sink for hours ...mosquitoes enjoy that day aswear! ... I no fit shake talkless of move!

Around that 3am ...my mom came into kitchen n
Mom : what are you doing in my kitchen? ...
Me: Night browsing! ...

Mom: You kno I counted the meat!
Me: Waaat!

Hilarious!!
Mom: Beta leave the kitchen now!
Me:Mummy ooh yu can't understand! ...just leave me!

Mom: (Carries all the pots to her room)
embarassed fvccck!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Twitter Expands Display Name To 50 Characters / Xiaomi Redmi 9A And Redmi 9C Launched With New Mediatek Helio G-series Chipsets / You Can No Longer Download Videos From Youtube

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.