Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Existing Domain With A Cctld - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Existing Domain With A Cctld (1620 Views)

Expired Domain Thread: Buy Expired Domain With High Domain Authority For SEO / Domain With $15 Verified Nigerian Adsense For Sale / Domain With Over 4 Years Of Age For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Existing Domain With A Cctld by Bidexluv(f): 6:18pm On Aug 22, 2017
I was thinking about a new website. I got some domain names related to what I needed.

I decided to buy only to discover the .com is gone.

Is it advisable to go for a domain name that is related to what I want in .com.ng?

Example: I want to focus on shoutmeloud and the .com is gone. The site is established also.
is shoutmeloud .com. no advisable?

Is there something like trademark in domain?
Re: Existing Domain With A Cctld by Bidexluv(f): 6:20pm On Aug 22, 2017
Please web developers or those who are into domain flipping should help out!
Existing bloggers should should!
please!
cc jidetheblogger, webincomeplus and other
Re: Existing Domain With A Cctld by Bidexluv(f): 6:20pm On Aug 22, 2017
Please web developers or those who are into domain flipping should help out!
Existing bloggers should should!
please!
cc jidetheblogger, webincomeplus and other
Re: Existing Domain With A Cctld by webincomeplus(m): 6:45pm On Aug 22, 2017
Bidexluv:
I was thinking about a new website. I got some domain names related to what I needed.

I decided to buy only to discover the .com is gone.

Is it advisable to go for a domain name that is related to what I want in .com.ng?

Example: I want to focus on shoutmeloud and the .com is gone. The site is established also.
is shoutmeloud .com. no advisable?

Is there something like trademark in domain?
I'm surprised you didn't know about Shoutmeloud.com. It's owned by an Indian webmaster, Harsh Agrawal, and I've known the site for about 4 years now.

I'll advise you to steer clear of the word, "shoutmeloud". Otherwise, you risk losing your potential traffic to the original site, which is already an authority site.

Your best bet is to think of something else. What niche are you planning to blog in?
Re: Existing Domain With A Cctld by Bidexluv(f): 7:39pm On Aug 22, 2017
webincomeplus:

I'm surprised you didn't know about Shoutmeloud.com. It's owned by an Indian webmaster, Harsh Agrawal, and I've known the site for about 4 years now.

I'll advise you to steer clear of the word, "shoutmeloud". Otherwise, you risk losing your potential traffic to the original site, which is already an authority site.

Your best bet is to think of something else. What niche are you planning to blog in?

Thanks for replying to this.

Actually not using shoutmeloud. I just cited it as an example.

The domain I wanted to use is similar to shoutmeloud in terms of the domain name is already established.

If I use such domain, I might lose my traffic even if it is .com.ng ?

like shoutmeloud.com.ng will end up been redirected to shoutmeloud?

It is on students shout out. Education niche
Re: Existing Domain With A Cctld by webincomeplus(m): 8:59pm On Aug 22, 2017
Bidexluv:

Thanks for replying to this.

Actually not using shoutmeloud. I just cited it as an example.

The domain I wanted to use is similar to shoutmeloud in terms of the domain name is already established.

If I use such domain, I might lose my traffic even if it is .com.ng ?

like shoutmeloud.com.ng will end up been redirected to shoutmeloud?

It is on students shout out. Education niche
Oh, I understand better now. But I still would warn you against going for the .com.ng version of the authority site you're talking about. Although your domain name won't be redirected to the authority site that holds the .com domain, you're likely to wind up losing some traffic to that site directly or indirectly.

So, you'd be better off with another unique domain name.
Re: Existing Domain With A Cctld by Bidexluv(f): 8:40pm On Sep 05, 2017
webincomeplus:

Oh, I understand better now. But I still would warn you against going for the .com.ng version of the authority site you're talking about. Although your domain name won't be redirected to the authority site that holds the .com domain, you're likely to wind up losing some traffic to that site directly or indirectly.

So, you'd be better off with another unique domain name.

Thank you so much for this.

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Review My Website / Newly Designed Blogger Blog Up For Grabs!!! / I Need A Verified Paypal Account Without Account Restroction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.