Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,408 members, 7,800,850 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

Dear Young Man - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Dear Young Man (306 Views)

Non-fiction Book (esupofo Akanbi)Esupofo Akanbi is a story of a young man that w / A Young Man And His Primary School Teacher / Young Man Who Told Prof. Wole Soyinka To Stand Up From His Window Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dear Young Man by modelt(m): 11:20pm On Aug 22, 2017
Dear young man, I might be in no position to write to you as I am still a learner in this thing called life. I might be in no position to write to you as I am still in my twenties. I might be in no position to write to you as I make a lot of mistakes myself. The truth however, is that I am writing this to you, the young man I stare at in the mirror every day. The young man soon to be in his thirties. The young man soon to start a family. The young man soon to be a leader. The young man who still has a lot of things to do right.

Dear young man, life has been merciful on you for lack of experience so far. Beware however, your mistakes will soon become irreversible errors. Your mistakes will soon become permanent scars that will never heal. So be careful, it’s time to stop learning from your mistakes, and learn from other’s mistakes instead. It’s time to heed all your past mistakes and turn them into rules to guide and lead your life.

Dear young man, I need to be specific now. Your money should be used to invest in yourself. Your money should be used to invest in your future. Your money should be used to increase your worth mentally, physically, spiritually, and financially. Your burning desire to spend a little bit on night outs will decrease the amount you could spend on yourself. It is okay to be selfish. It is okay to spend on knowledge. It is okay to spend on books. It is okay to spend on investments. But it is not okay to spend on overpriced clubs and “disco” nights.

Dear young man, your time is worth much more than you will ever know. Just like your money, your time should be used to invest in yourself. Your time should be used to invest in your future. Your time should be used to increase your worth in all areas of life. Spending it on hot girls is futile. You spend so much precious time in return for moments of pleasure. You spend so much money in return for moments of bliss. Remember, the true reward for time well spent comes in your latter years.

Dear young man, man up! Learn to say no! Learn to follow your principles no matter what. You can’t make it without holding fast to your guiding principles. People will always want you to change, to bend your rules, to succumb to their will. Dear young man, hold on to what you know and believe. Dear young man, your beliefs should only change for the better, they should only be refined and become stronger, they should never become weaker or diluted. Compromise for no one. However, to have better beliefs, be committed to learning everyday and learning from other people.

Dear young man, the world is yours. You can do whatever you want to do. The choice is yours. You are capable of being one in a million, or settle among the million. You are more than capable of making a difference. Believe, stay strong, be determined, don’t be afraid of change, and more of all, don’t be afraid to drop anyone holding you back.

Dear young man, your time is limited. Remember that!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Literature / Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - The First - Episode 153/steps To Personal Empower / 3 Valuable Strategies For Practicing Self-respect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.