Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 (81116 Views)

Liverpool Vs Arsenal (3 - 1) On 24th August 2019 / UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 / Manchester United Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 26th August 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by akinebby: 6:21pm On Aug 24, 2017
Hurry up Claim your Seat

/maygrafix

Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by jaybeesneh(m): 6:21pm On Aug 24, 2017
Manchester United are going to top group A argue with ur ancestors
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Lalas247(f): 6:22pm On Aug 24, 2017
redbeans:
yes o. So excited. Can't wait for Sept 12 so we kick some balls
Wen I see the group I begin twerk ...
excited much

What group is Arsenal cheesy. Men can't wait for the next match .. make I no kuku talk lipsrsealed
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Magnifico2000: 6:22pm On Aug 24, 2017
Edopesin:

story sad Man Utd drew Benfica and Basel in 2011, they went out at the group stage
Manutd is in top form now. You cant compare 2011 squad to now.
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by cstr1000: 6:22pm On Aug 24, 2017
00Ademi:
i believe everybody has a price - liverpool are just playing the ijebu type in ths game, once barca come up to their price dey will sell. £135m should give them a rethink wink
Liverpool is Rich. Coutinho is worth more to them than 135 mill.
They are not selling at any price because they want to make impact. If you want coutinho, then send back suarez. The quality lost has to be replaced.

14 Likes

Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by wristbangle: 6:23pm On Aug 24, 2017
[quote author=VargasVee post=59791086][/quote]

Baba, that report was around 3:40pm, go to their website now
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Oluwasanmi18: 6:24pm On Aug 24, 2017
Xlpacks:
solid reason y Chelsea will faustrate his move to ATM
Even if he is sold ..he won't b available fr grup stage cos ATM can only buy by jan by den d grp stage would av been concluded
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by mykeh1m2(m): 6:24pm On Aug 24, 2017
welcome back to England spurs
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by obonujoker(m): 6:24pm On Aug 24, 2017
Sanchez01:

Care to share the names of the players he won the UCL league with in Porto?

If we are to take that into account, then it is safe to brand him a failure because he coached one of the strongest sides in modern day football but failed to win the Champions League with Real.

Can we also say Pep guardiola is a failure too.. coz he won Nada with Bayern... mourinho won it with Porto and inter... nothing to prove again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Edopesin: 6:25pm On Aug 24, 2017
Magnifico2000:

Manutd is in top form now. You cant compare 2011 squad to now.

sure! and they were second in the table lipsrsealed
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Segadem(m): 6:26pm On Aug 24, 2017
Dlordsamurai:
Are you underrating roma?
u dhey mind dem, Chelsea and totteham are in group of death
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Sanchez01: 6:27pm On Aug 24, 2017
Dlordsamurai:
well if liverpool refuse to sell then thats their cup of tea. "barca can get seri of nice for just 50million, he is a good mildfielder. "honestly i believe barca will be a force this season. with or without coutinho.
Force of goals, àbí? Perhaps you haven't heard Messi snr. is presently meeting with Manchester City to discuss a potential move for the Argentine who has refused to sign a new deal.

Coutinho's fourth bid has been rejected, according to rumours. The negotiation with Seri has been dropped by Barca themselves and it would be a whole new level of difficulty if they are to reopen the negotiation.

Iniesta is presently out cold and this might be his last. His matches, of course, would be limited. Suarez is out as well, even though it's for a couple of weeks and it would take a while to get him back to form. It happens with every injured player. And the board?

If Barca was human, we would say he has terminal illness which could claim his life any moment from now.

1 Like

Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by wristbangle: 6:27pm On Aug 24, 2017
00Ademi:
i believe everybody has a price - liverpool are just playing the ijebu type in ths game, once barca come up to their price dey will sell. £135m should give them a rethink wink

Barca has already bid £135m but from what I just read now, they are stubborn to sell him but would be force to in order to buy Van Djrk from southampton for £70m. They should have a rethink oo because all ex LFC players are advising the board to sell him
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by DabuIIIT: 6:27pm On Aug 24, 2017
I don't see ARSERNAL there nah,haba! angry
grin tongue
#CITI_DOES_IT_BETTER cheesy
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Unimaginable123: 6:27pm On Aug 24, 2017
As Arsenal is not there, English teams got easy opponents. If Arsenal were there now, u will see Group A "Arsenal, Barcelona, PSG, Bayern Munich" wicked and ruthless UEFA

8 Likes

Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by petroldollar: 6:27pm On Aug 24, 2017
mukina2:
Group A: Benfica, Manchester United, Basel, CSKA Moscow

Group B: Bayern Munich, Paris Saint-Germain, Anderlecht, Celtic

Group C: Chelsea, Atletico Madrid, Roma, Qarabag

Group D: Juventus, Barcelona, Olympiakos, Sporting

Group E: Spartak Moscow, Sevilla, Liverpool, Maribor

Group F: Shakhtar Donetsk, Manchester City, Napoli, Feyenoord

Group G: Monaco, Porto, Besiktas, RB Leipzig

Group H: Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Tottenham, APOEL
Daaaaaaaaamn!
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by wristbangle: 6:28pm On Aug 24, 2017
Dlordsamurai:
well if liverpool refuse to sell then thats their cup of tea. "barca can get seri of nice for just 50million, he is a good mildfielder. "honestly i believe barca will be a force this season. with or without coutinho.

Sure seri is a good player cool
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Dainikel(m): 6:29pm On Aug 24, 2017
einsteine:

2 finals, 2 semi finals in the last 4 UCL seasons. How good do you want them to be?

Athletico would comfortably top that group.

Chelsea and Roma would battle for the remaining spot.
& Roma is one hell of a nagging club(tho not strong enough to contend with the blues)...I remember how they drew with barca at camp nou last season....i wish Chelsea had gotten Napoli instead then it would have been ATM & Napoli to qualify.
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Unimaginable123: 6:30pm On Aug 24, 2017
Chelsea, Man U, Man City and Liverpool will qualify for 2nd round. Only Tottenham in doubt
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Unimaginable123: 6:31pm On Aug 24, 2017
Dainikel:

& Roma is one hell of a nagging club(tho not strong enough to contend with the blues)...I remember how they drew with barca at camp nou last season....i wish Chelsea had gotten Napoli instead then it would have been ATM & Napoli to qualify.
Chelsea is just an average team. If not, they would that group
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by legba1(m): 6:31pm On Aug 24, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

A special draw for arsenal fans has been done already:

Group i:

Arsenal
Asec Mimosa
Zamalek
Orlando Pirates

your wickedness knows no bound brother.

3 Likes

Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 24, 2017
Coutinho should force his way out of the club, with Barcelona, he gets more popularity, more social media followers, more money, world recognition, lives in the beautiful city of barcelona with the beautiful beaches and serene enviroment with blue skies, and beautiful arts and museums, he gets to play in a larger stadium, he gets to play with the best players in the world and share dressing room with them, he gets to fork beautiful with huge ass and boobs, spanish and latino ladies. "the advantages are just numerous. "coutinho should leave boring city liverpool and come to 1st class city barcelona.

1 Like

Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Mcemmycool: 6:32pm On Aug 24, 2017
Group L: #UCLdraw
Arsenal fc�� Heart of oaks�� Enyimba�� Melowi sundowns��
�������
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Edopesin: 6:32pm On Aug 24, 2017
2011 final league table man-u were second at the end [img]https://tottenhamhotblog.files./2011/09/premier-league-table5.png?w=810[/img]

champ group matches were like
Benfica SL Benfica 1-1 Manchester United FC Man. United

Man. United Manchester United FC 3-3 FC Basel 1893 Basel

Oţelul FC Oţelul Galaţi 0-2 Manchester United FC Man. United

Man. United Manchester United FC 2-0 FC Oţelul Galaţi Oţelul

Man. United Manchester United FC 2-2 SL Benfica Benfica

Basel FC Basel 1893 2-1 Manchester United FC Man. United
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Glowstone(m): 6:32pm On Aug 24, 2017
wristbangle:

Barca has already bid £135m but from what I just read now, they are stubborn to sell him but would be force to in order to buy Van Djrk from southampton for £70m. They should have a rethink oo because all ex LFC players are advising the board to sell him

Are u saying van Djik is more important to Liverpool than couthinho? Because I don't understand why they would sell couthinho to get van Djik.. Those Liverpool ex-players are only pundits and their opinion doesn't mean it must be so

1 Like

Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by dabossman(m): 6:33pm On Aug 24, 2017
Sanchez01:

Care to share the names of the players he won the UCL league with in Porto?

If we are to take that into account, then it is safe to brand him a failure because he coached one of the strongest sides in modern day football but failed to win the Champions League with Real.

You obviously missed the point that he took Real to two consecutive UCL semifinals. These were their first semifinal appearances after 6 consecutive years of being eliminated in the round of 16. When Mou took over at Madrid, they were far from being one of the strongest sides in Spain, not to talk of Europe.

I think I prefer that kind of failure. It's way better than Wenger's type. Sorry Mukina.

obonujoker:

Can we also say Pep guardiola is a failure too.. coz he won Nada with Bayern... mourinho won it with Porto and inter... nothing to prove again

2 Likes

Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Unimaginable123: 6:33pm On Aug 24, 2017
DabuIIIT:
I don't see ARSERNAL there nah,haba! angry

grin tongue

#CITI_DOES_IT_BETTER cheesy
no wahala. There's always a first time. We will win Europa and automatically qualify next season. And then UEFA will start their usual ojoro. Group A "Arsenal, Barcelona, PSG, Bayern Munich"

3 Likes

Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Dainikel(m): 6:34pm On Aug 24, 2017
Dlordsamurai:
But I thought barca had cancelled the bid for Seri after Nice lost their game unless they are gonna re-bid
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by DabuIIIT: 6:34pm On Aug 24, 2017
Funjosh:
If Chelsea no qualify for this group, I go trek from Badagry to Benin Republic tongue
mba,u go trek from Buhari to London grin
grin
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Unimaginable123: 6:34pm On Aug 24, 2017
Edopesin:
2011 final league table [img]https://tottenhamhotblog.files./2011/09/premier-league-table5.png?w=810[/img]
we are in 2017, not stone age
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 24, 2017
Edopesin:

maybe you are right! but i still prefer abamiyang ( hope i spelt it right )
abumayang is a striker, dembele is a winger, they both have different talents and importance to dortmund. "but i prefare dembele because he is just 20, he is skillful with tricks, he can run, he can assist and he can score.
Re: UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 24, 2017
Lalas247:

Wen I see the group I begin twerk ...
excited much

What group is Arsenal cheesy. Men can't wait for the next match .. make I no kuku talk lipsrsealed

You're into sports too... shocked Your hubby's damn lucky

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Roma Vs Barcelona UCL (3 - 0) On 10th April 2018 / Liverpool vs Chelsea: UEFA Super Cup (2(5) - (4) 2) On 14th August 2019 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.