Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

30 Richest Men In Nigeria 2017 [updated] Number 5 Will Leave You Shouting - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 30 Richest Men In Nigeria 2017 [updated] Number 5 Will Leave You Shouting (17823 Views)

Top 10 Richest Men In Africa At The Start Of 2024 / Gtbank Emerges Nigeria’s 2017 Bank Of The Year / MTN, Dangote, Coca-Cola Lead Top 50 Brands Nigeria 2017 Ranking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

30 Richest Men In Nigeria 2017 [updated] Number 5 Will Leave You Shouting by Kingsirko(f): 4:32am On Aug 23, 2017
eaaaa. We can't stop digging to find the best among all equals.

A Nigerian man Dangote has been on the top of the African's Richest Men for years now and then still leads in Nigeria.

Most people haven't been able to detect the net-worth of some Nigerian politicians and business gods. So we have made proper researches on these to bring to the world the Nigeria's hidden rich men who we don't expect to be on the list along side with the source of their wealth..

Read Also:_ Mike Adenuga Beats Aliko Dangote on Yearly Net worth with the Increase of $2.7 Billion

We are still on the research for the Nigeria's Richest Women. Probably, one or more of the wivies of the Nigerian's Richest Men would be on the list.

30 Richest Men In Nigeria And Their Wealth Source.

Alhaji Aliko Dangote– Dangote Group, (Manufacturing, oil &gas,)
Mike Adenuga– Conoil, Globacom (Oil & gas, Banking, Telecom)
Femi Otedola– Forte Oil and Gas (Oil & gas)
Orji Uzor Kalu– Slok Group (Aviation, Shipping, publishing, manufacturing)
Cosmos Maduka– Coscharis Group (Automobile, manufacturing)
Jimoh Ibrahim– Nicon Insurance, Global Fleet (Insurance, transportation, oil & gas)
Jim Ovia– Zenith Bank, Visafone (Banking, Telecom)
Pascal Dozie– MTN Nigeria, Diamond Bank (Banking, Telecom)
Oba Otudeko– Honeywell Group Nigeria, Pivotal Engineering, Airtel (Manufacturing, oil & gas, telecom)
Alhaji Sayyu Dantata– MRS Group (Oil & gas, construction)
Umaru Abdul Mutallab– former Chairman First Bank Plc, Mutallab Group
Prince Samuel Adedoyin– Doyin Group (manufacturing, pharmaceuticals)
Dele Fajemirokun– Chaiman Aiico Insurance, Xerox Nigeria, Chicken Republic, Kings Guards (Insurance, Security, Technology, Food retailing)
Chief Cletus Ibeto– Ibeto Group (Trading, manufacturing, oil & gas)
, (Entertainment)
Tony Ezenna– Orange Group (Pharmaceutical, oil & gas)
Chief Molade Okoya Thomas– Chairman CFAO Nig and other six french companies (Automobiles)
(Oil & gas)
Leo Stan Ekeh– Zinox (Computer, technology)
Fola Adeola– GTBank (Banking)
Chief Ade Ojo– Elizade Motors Nig LTD, Distributor of Toyota cars (Auto retailing)
Abdulsamad Rabiu– Bua Group (Oil & gas, manufacturing)
Folorunsho Alakija– Famfa Oil (Oil & gas)
High Chief O.B. Lulu Briggs– Moni Pulo (Oil & gas)
Hakeem Bello Osagie– Etisalat Nigeria (Telecom)
Sani Bello – Amni Petroleum (Oil & gas)
Mohammed Indimi – Oriental Petroleum (Oil & gas)
Sir Emeka Offor– Chrome Group (Oil & gas, marine)
Chief Arthur Eze – Atlas Oranto Petroleum (Oil & gas)
Vincent Amaechi Obianodo– Young Shall Grow Motors, RockView Hotels(Transportation, hotels)

Culled From_ http://www.airinformations.com/2017/08/30-richest-men-in-nigeria-2017-updated.html

Re: 30 Richest Men In Nigeria 2017 [updated] Number 5 Will Leave You Shouting by edo3(m): 5:01am On Aug 23, 2017
OK.
Re: 30 Richest Men In Nigeria 2017 [updated] Number 5 Will Leave You Shouting by babdap: 5:09am On Aug 23, 2017
if you hear your namey clap for yourselves
Re: 30 Richest Men In Nigeria 2017 [updated] Number 5 Will Leave You Shouting by jammer777: 5:24am On Aug 23, 2017
4 Northerners outta 28 listed above...

We dey f'up for this south aswear...more money with diluted political brains...mtchewwwww
Re: 30 Richest Men In Nigeria 2017 [updated] Number 5 Will Leave You Shouting by AlwaysUltraPad: 5:40am On Aug 23, 2017
What's on number 5 that will leave me shouting? I didn't shout! Wetin eye never see?

1 Like

Re: 30 Richest Men In Nigeria 2017 [updated] Number 5 Will Leave You Shouting by AlwaysUltraPad: 5:44am On Aug 23, 2017
jammer777:

We dey f'up for this south aswear...more money with diluted political brains...mtchewwwww
so?

You ethnic jingoist , what do you wanna achieve with this your post, to influence other "commenters" that would follow to post along regional lines right?

1 Like

Re: 30 Richest Men In Nigeria 2017 [updated] Number 5 Will Leave You Shouting by freeeeme(m): 5:58am On Aug 23, 2017
I expect to see names like Alao Akala, Igninedo and other P*P past governors....Dangote no have dia money lipsrsealed
Re: 30 Richest Men In Nigeria 2017 [updated] Number 5 Will Leave You Shouting by gfullmoon(m): 6:08am On Aug 23, 2017
This List is incomplete till Mrs Diezani Alison Madueke is inserted preferably No 3. She is into Real Estate, Hotelier, Oil & Gas without known biz name. She has decided to gift FG with some of her properties through outright denials. To me, she deserves a space here.

2 Likes

Re: 30 Richest Men In Nigeria 2017 [updated] Number 5 Will Leave You Shouting by Nobody: 6:26am On Aug 23, 2017
I never knew Folorunsho Alakija is now a "man"

2 Likes

Re: 30 Richest Men In Nigeria 2017 [updated] Number 5 Will Leave You Shouting by youngreva(m): 6:26am On Aug 23, 2017
i didn't see my name there this list is not complete

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: 30 Richest Men In Nigeria 2017 [updated] Number 5 Will Leave You Shouting by napoleon77(m): 6:32am On Aug 23, 2017
emror4u:
I never knew Folorunsho Alakija is now a "man"

Lol
Re: 30 Richest Men In Nigeria 2017 [updated] Number 5 Will Leave You Shouting by napoleon77(m): 6:34am On Aug 23, 2017
Your list is wrong! Forbes puts Alakija as the 3rd richest Nigerian and I believe Forbes would be able to gather more information on rich people than your source

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobongnsehe/2017/03/20/the-african-billionaires-2017/
Re: 30 Richest Men In Nigeria 2017 [updated] Number 5 Will Leave You Shouting by Nobody: 6:45am On Aug 23, 2017
Didn't want to comment at first but did you all notice something? Almost all these people on this list have their hands in the oil & G sector. What does that tell us? The sector had always been rigged(still is) to benefit a selected few over the vast majority of the populace. Oil just provided easy money for politicians an their fat chronies.

1 Like

Re: 30 Richest Men In Nigeria 2017 [updated] Number 5 Will Leave You Shouting by realsoneh: 6:52am On Aug 23, 2017
I'm wondering how many billionaires we would have had if Nigeria had no oil.A large chunk of them made and are making their money from crude oil .still looking forward to the day when we shall have ingenious businessmen in the light of Steve jobs,gates ,innoson and many more like me.Most of them up there have no business being billionaires,they were just fortunate to have found themselves in favored positions with governments overtime .

2 Likes

Re: 30 Richest Men In Nigeria 2017 [updated] Number 5 Will Leave You Shouting by kilojoDesigns: 8:25am On Aug 23, 2017
mansakhalifa:
Didn't want to comment at first but did you all notice something? Almost all these people on this list have their hands in the oil & G sector. What does that tell us? The sector had always been rigged(still is) to benefit a selected few over the vast majority of the populace. Oil just provided easy money for politicians an their fat chronies.

what it tells me is that they saw an opportunity and took advantage of the oil boom. Oil is still high but it's market is soon to collapse on the long run. there are new fledgling markets they are probably already considering investing in if they haven't already. a true business man always goes with the flow of the market.

1 Like

Re: 30 Richest Men In Nigeria 2017 [updated] Number 5 Will Leave You Shouting by Dollabiz: 8:39am On Aug 23, 2017
Really
Re: 30 Richest Men In Nigeria 2017 [updated] Number 5 Will Leave You Shouting by Kingsirko(f): 11:26am On Aug 23, 2017
jammer777:

You nah from south. You gas go help your people grow
Re: 30 Richest Men In Nigeria 2017 [updated] Number 5 Will Leave You Shouting by Kingsirko(f): 11:34am On Aug 23, 2017
napoleon77:
Your list is wrong! Forbes puts Alakija as the 3rd richest Nigerian and I believe Forbes would be able to gather more information on rich people than your source

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobongnsehe/2017/03/20/the-african-billionaires-2017/

Bros, The link you share is about 25 richest man in Africa and not Nigeria. Mike Adenuga ranks 3rd in Africa and then second in Nigeria. And basically last year, Adenuga's net-worth surpassed that of that of Dangote as stated in Forbes too and from the way Mike Adenuga is HYPING His Globacom he might still beat Dangote this year as he did last year. We make proper clarification before we publish any post on Airinformations sir. Read ALSO_ http://www.airinformations.com/2017/01/mike-adenuga-beats-aliko-dangote-on.html
Re: 30 Richest Men In Nigeria 2017 [updated] Number 5 Will Leave You Shouting by Kingsirko(f): 11:39am On Aug 23, 2017
mansakhalifa:

I really wonder how an individual should be handling an Oil well which a whole country can not even finish the money in it? Nigeria Government will there saying that Nigeria is in recession whereas they have giving or will I say sold out our country's pride to individuals who are just growing rapid in their own private pockets.
Re: 30 Richest Men In Nigeria 2017 [updated] Number 5 Will Leave You Shouting by ggoldmine: 3:42pm On Aug 23, 2017
More like top oil moguls in Nigeria. undecided
Re: 30 Richest Men In Nigeria 2017 [updated] Number 5 Will Leave You Shouting by Ugosample(m): 4:07pm On Aug 23, 2017
freeeeme:
I expect to see names like Alao Akala, Igninedo and other P*P past governors....Dangote no have dia money lipsrsealed

Stop talking rubbish please

It's not cool
Re: 30 Richest Men In Nigeria 2017 [updated] Number 5 Will Leave You Shouting by ssolaoye: 6:21pm On Dec 06, 2018
Get to know the top ten (10) richest billionaires and entrepreneurs in Nigeria.

https://invoice.ng/blog/richest-entrepreneurs-in-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

2% Of Nigerians Own 90% Bank Deposits — NDIC / Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops / Naira Drops Slightly To ₦763.17/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.