Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight - Sports (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight (142513 Views)

Drama In The Tunisia Vs Mali Game As Referee Ends Match In The 89th Minute / Van Persie Gets Guard Of Honor As Referee And Players Stopped Match / Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by Flashh: 8:02am On Aug 27, 2017
ddippset:
The biggest respect and admiration must go to Connor. How do you agree to fight an undefeated champion under strictly boxing rules? Even though he could have been badly hurt if they had gotten to round 12, but his courage to get into that ring and have that fight is crazy. Congrats May.
Leave story and shove that respect back please.

Even McGregor can adhere to it himself, that he faced Mayweather, because he knew fighting Mayweather would earn him money he never thought of earning in his lifetime.

4 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by joeeee240(m): 8:04am On Aug 27, 2017
I REPEAT IN AN MMA RING, THE SAME SHÎT WILL STILL HAPPEN
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by YungJo207(m): 8:05am On Aug 27, 2017
mexxmoney:

Speculation is different from reality. All those speculation in the media doesn't matter. The question is did any promoter drop the money for the fight? NO. Same thing happened with McGregor, mayweather said he wasn't interested in fighting Connor and people were already saying he was scared but once someone dropped the amount of money he wanted, he came out of a two year retirement and whooped McGregor. With Floyd, it's all about the cash. That's why he is called "money" . even if he retired today again, if any promoter guarantees him the money he wants, I assure you he will fight Manny again and beat him a second time

Beat him the second time you say? He couldn't even win by KO with Manny not to talk of beating him...you sure say you watch that fight at all?? Those that watch the match can testify say na God save Mayweather.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by dacovajnr: 8:05am On Aug 27, 2017
AuroraB:
Chai embarassed

Owo jo na, aja sa re, ain :(
This is why I love you grin grin. Never a dull moment

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by joeeee240(m): 8:08am On Aug 27, 2017
YungJo207:

Beat him the second time you say? He couldn't even win by KO with Manny not to talk of beating him...you sure say you watch that fight at all?? Those that watch the match can testify say na God save Mayweather.
Oga shutup.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by SmartyPants(m): 8:13am On Aug 27, 2017
YungJo207:

You have little understanding of boxing. Pacquiao barely touch Mayweather in that fight. The official punch count was something like 400 - 250 in favor of Mayweather. Meaning he landed almost double the amount of blows.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by Obas101(m): 8:13am On Aug 27, 2017
Mayweather retains his title as undefeated after his last career match..
http://techswip.com/floyd-mayweather-vs-conor-mcgregor-recap-what-the-2-had-to-say-about-each-other/
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by YungJo207(m): 8:13am On Aug 27, 2017
joeeee240:

Oga shutup.

And if I don't?? Mr Man grow up.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by YungJo207(m): 8:16am On Aug 27, 2017
SmartyPants cry:

You have little understanding of boxing. Pacquiao barely touch Mayweather in that fight. The official punch count was something like 400 - 250 in favor of Mayweather. Meaning he landed almost double the amount of blows.

Ha cheesy....you funny I swear, YouTube is your friend abeg go watch the match again....note my brother is a boxer so I follow up well.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by joeeee240(m): 8:16am On Aug 27, 2017
YungJo207:

And if I don't?? Mr Man grow up.

You don't know shît about boxing so shut the fûck up
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by AuroraB(f): 8:17am On Aug 27, 2017
dacovajnr:
This is why I love you grin grin. Never a dull moment
Sweetheart kiss
I'm good like that wink
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by YungJo207(m): 8:20am On Aug 27, 2017
joeeee240:

You don't know shît about boxing so shut the fûck up

Lol see who's talking...who is considered as the brown bomber??
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by TheSociopath(m): 8:21am On Aug 27, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Well the fight has ended, the bigger guy with bigger stamina tired out in the 10th round n was knocked out.

Stamina means endurance and ability to keep going for a long time without tiring quickly. So Mayweather has the bigger stamina. You don't know the meaning of stamina

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by SmartyPants(m): 8:22am On Aug 27, 2017
YungJo207:

Ha cheesy....you funny I swear, YouTube is your friend abeg go watch the match again....note my brother is a boxer so I follow up well.

That's the thing.no matter how much you watch you will never get it because you simply do not understand the sport.

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by linearity: 8:28am On Aug 27, 2017
ddippset:
The biggest respect and admiration must go to Connor. How do you agree to fight an undefeated champion under strictly boxing rules? Even though he could have been badly hurt if they had gotten to round 12, but his courage to get into that ring and have that fight is crazy. Congrats May.

I think, the words you were looking for there are... greed and love of money.

Many men and women can do the unthinkable, if you give them a couple of hundreds of thousands of dollars, talkless of when the rewards are in the millions of dollars range!

2 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by YungJo207(m): 8:29am On Aug 27, 2017
SmartyPants:

That's the thing.no matter how much you watch you will never get it because you simply do not understand the sport.

I love people like you..help me read this my friend
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by oluwaahmed: 8:29am On Aug 27, 2017
WilliamPossible:

showtime paying him a retirement package of 350 million USD

Mmay weather is gettin $100m from dat fight, while mcgregor is gettin $30m. Pls ost d link wer showtime said dey will pay him $300m. Thanks
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 27, 2017
Dlordsamurai:
yeah i knew he was going to win...mcgreg had no chance at all.. good morning.
happy sunday,will chat u on fb
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by Sheguama: 8:38am On Aug 27, 2017
TheSociopath:

Stamina means endurance and ability to keep going for a long time without tiring quickly. So Mayweather has the bigger stamina. You don't know the meaning of stamina

That Money guy does not just call himself TBE (The Best Ever) for nothing. That his right fist is just ever too devastating for anyone
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by dhesire(m): 8:51am On Aug 27, 2017
All of you clamouring for an AJ vs Floyd MW match should be looking into something like An AJ vs Deontay Wilder match. That is where the depth of AJ's strength will be put to real test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkG9cC2X5EY

2 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by Sheun001(m): 8:55am On Aug 27, 2017
ddippset:
so would you go into the ring with mayweather for that amount?

shebi nah to manage 1st round 2nd round if nah to chop beating 3rd round
I go just faint for fourth and game over

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by ddippset(m): 9:04am On Aug 27, 2017
Sheun001:

shebi nah to manage 1st round 2nd round if nah to chop beating 3rd round
I go just faint for fourth and game over
grin
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by toastedbread: 9:09am On Aug 27, 2017
the ref had no option but to end the fight. listen to the commentary.

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/901670152378441729/pu/vid/640x360/TeyL4LQT5bSsa7bD.mp4
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 27, 2017
Let this be a lesson. Remember this, this isn't a sports thing; this is a life lesson. He was attacked verbally by a hot headed young man. It was disrespectful to go after the king of an entirely different sport, being such an amateur. But he took it professionally, and accepted the disrespect and decided to fight someone of lower stature.

After he accepted, he faced ridicule from a hot-headed young mess of an Irish disgrace. He talked down to him, spit rusty saliva into his face, and even turned it into a racial thing by calling him boy.

But the king kept his cool, even at 40 years old he knew what was ahead. He was modest, cool, calm professional; and most of all he kept a smile on his face and kept his humility.

40 YEARS OLD. AGAINST A 29 YEAR OLD BULL. AND THE BLACK MAN REINED SUPREME.

Remember this day, everyone. The day the white race was completely blown the fvck out of history. White ppl are now dead, history has been made. Neopolian lost today to the calm, collected, professional, strategic, mathematic fighter that is the embodiment of black supremacy in the ring.

White people lost, Trump lost. Remember this day and remember this post, you lost white people.

Heil Mayweather, May he drink the blood of the pale pagans as tribute.

10 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by ibawon(m): 9:15am On Aug 27, 2017
You can't expect McGregor to win. This was what I told my guys cos he is not a boxer, he had to train to get into that fight and Mayweather was very happy cos he knew he had won cos it was just a easy fight, cos McGregor was unexperienced.
If it where to be the other way round McGregor would have killed I repeat KILLED Mayweather in in a MMA fight but he is just too cleaver.
Next time don't say because you an American Football Champion that you can compete with Rugby Players.
The Sport is Very Different.
Ye ma beh si eni to ma lu e paa

3 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by Darlx(m): 9:17am On Aug 27, 2017
Actually thought McGregor was only going to make a big fool of himself, turn out the fellow tried abit. But you can't beat a world champion to his strengths Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. WTF was he even thinking?
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by Sirmuel1(m): 9:22am On Aug 27, 2017
Preetiex:
happy sunday,will chat u on fb

I'll be expecting your message too wink
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by iamkingzlee(m): 9:24am On Aug 27, 2017
ibawon:
You can't expect McGregor to win. This was what I told my guys cos he is not a boxer, he had to train to get into that fight and Mayweather was very happy cos he knew he had won cos it was just a easy fight, cos McGregor was unexperienced.
If it where to be the other way round McGregor would have killed I repeat KILLED Mayweather in in a MMA fight but he is just too cleaver.
Next time don't say because you an American Football Champion that you can compete with Rugby Players.
The Sport is Very Different.
Ye ma beh si eni to ma lu e paa
Oga leave plenty talk. Mayweather na Mayweather, anytime!!
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by YourWife(f): 9:39am On Aug 27, 2017
VickyRotex:

lol. Same here. I dont have liver for all these kind of combat sports. I was hoping it'd be called off at the 4th/5th round sef. Mc had his mouth opened all through. grin grin
My own fear na sey make person no go die.

Hahahahahaha... If person decide to die, I go just close my browser, off my phone, remove charger, put the phone inside purse, hide d purse under my bag... Hide my head under pillow! I canor come and be watching somebori die in true life inside my phone, alone at night

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by YourWife(f): 9:44am On Aug 27, 2017
toastedbread:

initial gra gra no dey pay. If it were Manny, Floyd for don punch him face scarra. why didn't he do same to this guy?

Me I dunno oooo... I know very little about combat spprts

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (Reply)

Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 / Cameroon Vs Nigeria: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 1 - 1 (Full Time) / Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.