Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

What Ignorance Got My Site Into - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Ignorance Got My Site Into (1026 Views)

How Can I Get Thousands Of Views To My Site In A Day / Please I Want To Buy A Domain Name For My Site I Don't Know How To. Please Help / Google Is Not Indexing My Site Please Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Ignorance Got My Site Into by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 23, 2017
Good day Nlanders
So there's this site i created just of recent, i did everything i needed to do (getting a domain and hosting service) during the course of setting up the website i came across a plugin name "Hummingbird" i was drilled with what it could do i then it with the intention to speed up my webpage load time, i ran a test on my website using the tool (a privilege given) it gave me recommendations to compress javascript and css in my template they made a point of reconfiguring ".htaccess" file in my webserver 'which one be htacess again? Abeg speedoo everything i thought' [/i]which i clicked to continue ignorantly, just after this operation a tried reloading the site to see the result [i]Mogbe!! What have i done?? it messed up my website i mean the content was just written in a plain text all through the template i installed disappeared totally even using just html would give a better layout but when i load the site using a computer it loads normally likewise using a mobile browser which has to be set in desktop view, I've really been heartbroken since it occurred i even went as far as deleting the .htaccess file in my database directory, uninstalled the plugin, even changed the template but the problem still persist, after much research about the htaccess file i learnt it could be created and configured which i did asap using different online tool to see which will work better so i created 2dif htaccess file uploaded them one at a time they both gave nagative result as it didn't work. So Bloggers, webdesigners if you see anything related to .htaccess don't mess with it because it conducts the bahaviour of your web server to your website and its very fragile unless you know precisely what you're doing.
I try to give full details that resulted to this problem so that the one bad egg can be easily figured out. So abeg webmasters in the house a brother needs ya help! Thanks in advance

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help On CSS Styling. / Get Your Blog/website With 1 Year Free Hosting / Learn To Code & Get Employed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.