Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,852 members, 7,798,844 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

Stretch Marks - Any Cure Yet? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Stretch Marks - Any Cure Yet? (6521 Views)

4 Ways To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks / Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) / Best Solution For Stretch Marks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stretch Marks - Any Cure Yet? by Razorr(f): 3:21pm On Feb 12, 2007
Hello good people of Nairaland.

Please can anyone tell me whether a cure for stretch marks exists in the market. I've had some behind my calf since I was about twelve years old and I'm over twenty now. I have been seriously searching for a cure for many years to no avail. I have tried many so-called stretch mark removal creams without any success.
I even spent 37,000 naira on Strivectin SD and the Stretch marks are still there.

Please, if anyone knows about any cure for stretch marks, can He/She please let me know?
Re: Stretch Marks - Any Cure Yet? by Razorr(f): 9:54am On Feb 13, 2007
Please, can you tell us what the cure is? Please post your reply here, so that others can also benefit from it.
Re: Stretch Marks - Any Cure Yet? by agnesoseka: 3:59pm On Feb 13, 2007
LOL, shooooo
Re: Stretch Marks - Any Cure Yet? by ladedokun(f): 5:04am On Oct 14, 2007
have you tried raw shea butter? I use it and it has made my marks fade but only if i use it consistently.
Re: Stretch Marks - Any Cure Yet? by ayefele200(m): 5:07am On Oct 14, 2007
Razorr:

Please, can you tell us what the cure is? Please post your reply here, so that others can also benefit from it.
how come u get stretch marks?, u don born pikin ni?
Re: Stretch Marks - Any Cure Yet? by Nobody: 5:14am On Oct 14, 2007
she probably has varicose veins and not stretch marks. Varicose veins can only be cured by surgery.
Re: Stretch Marks - Any Cure Yet? by Aiphie(f): 4:16pm On Oct 15, 2007
ayefele200:

how come u get stretch marks?, u don born pikin ni?
davidylan:

she probably has varicose veins and not stretch marks. Varicose veins can only be cured by surgery.

Please stop acting dumb. If u don't have anytin meaningful to say to help her then, please once again, look and go OK?

@Razzor
U cud try cocoa butter. Heard it's quite effective in strech mark removal.
Re: Stretch Marks - Any Cure Yet? by ayefele200(m): 4:26pm On Oct 15, 2007
Aiphie:

Please stop acting dumb. If u don't have anytin meaningful to say to help her then, please once again, look and go OK?

hey fool are u retarded or ur cerubellum is faulty, how dare u hurl that bullshyt on me, idiotic nitwit,
Re: Stretch Marks - Any Cure Yet? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 15, 2007
Aiphie:

@Razzor
You cud try cocoa butter. Heard it's quite effective in strech mark removal.

lol what a complete tool. Stretch marks at the age of 12 on a girl who is not fat? Dont be dumb, there are things called varicose veins that can be mistaken for stretch marks!

Kapish! This is what you get when people play instead of reading their integrated science textbooks. Cocoa butter ko coconut water ni. the girl said she has spent N37,000 on a cream all to no avail and u are talking about cocoa butter. Dont you think that would be the first and easiest thing she would have tried in the last 10yrs?
Re: Stretch Marks - Any Cure Yet? by Busta(f): 6:25pm On Oct 15, 2007
doesn't Coco Butter work?
Re: Stretch Marks - Any Cure Yet? by barikisu(f): 3:12pm On Oct 16, 2007
try aloe-vera ointment

1 Like

Re: Stretch Marks - Any Cure Yet? by Aiphie(f): 3:17pm On Oct 16, 2007
Busta:

doesn't Coco Butter work?

Yes cocoa butter, I hear, is very effective. I'm saying that based on people's experiences.

I'm educating not just you but also everyone who's been so interested in this topic that they visited this thread when it was introduced in Feb and are still here even now in Oct.
Also 4 those who do not know the poster but assume that she is not fat and that because she has spent #37,000 she must have used cocoa butter.

Give it a try OK?

Enjoy cool
Re: Stretch Marks - Any Cure Yet? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 16, 2007
aiphie, her picture was once here. She is NOT fat.

Gosh! Seems you know her better than all of us, oya start prescribing mrs mummy.
Re: Stretch Marks - Any Cure Yet? by taj: 5:15am On Oct 25, 2007
I don't kow if there is a cure for stretch marks, but I know shea-butter aka ori or olive oil helps improve stretch marks. It really helps to use either one during pregnancy too as you will get no stretch marks.
Re: Stretch Marks - Any Cure Yet? by ikamefa(f): 12:53am On Nov 28, 2007
taj:

I don't kow if there is a cure for stretch marks, but I know shea-butter aka ori or olive oil helps improve stretch marks. It really helps to use either one during pregnancy too as you will get no stretch marks.
true that! @topic your best bet is getting the real thing(shea-butter in its original form) not the ones already mixed in one form or the other during the manufacturing process!

Re: Stretch Marks - Any Cure Yet? by PrincessMo(f): 8:09pm On May 07, 2008
davidylan:

lol what a complete tool. Stretch marks at the age of 12 on a girl who is not fat? Dont be dumb, there are things called varicose veins that can be mistaken for stretch marks!

Kapish! This is what you get when people play instead of reading their integrated science textbooks. Cocoa butter ko coconut water ni. the girl said she has spent N37,000 on a cream all to no avail and u are talking about cocoa butter. Dont you think that would be the first and easiest thing she would have tried in the last 10yrs?

Come now dude, havin stretch marks doesn't always have to do
with being fat. I had stretch marks even wen I was like a stick.
I had stretch marks on places on me that either grew fast or reduced
fast. I had stretch marks on ma butt, I had stretch marks on ma calves,
I had stretch marks on ma arms and I was VERY skinny. . .

Plus cocoa butter cream does help! Ma stretch marks have reduced.
Try cocoa butter (body butter by body shop) VERY VERY GOOD!!
Re: Stretch Marks - Any Cure Yet? by Tweek: 6:48pm On Aug 07, 2008
for the male folk especially, stretch marks comes with puberty just as boobs, hips and behinds. some girls are just unlucky to have them. It doesn't signify that a girl will get fat in the future. Stretch marks could also come with extreme, uncontrolled, or excessive weight gain or with pregnancy. How do you account for guys who have stretch marks on their arms, buttocks and thighs? Have they ever gotten pregnant? Pls don't think fat some are very lanky. I don't know any cure. Just love your body the way it is. There's a saying i love 'If you have a problem, change it.If you can't change it, stop complaining.'
Re: Stretch Marks - Any Cure Yet? by kandiikane(m): 3:43pm On Jun 26, 2013
davidylan:

Yes, it could be stretch marks, my husband. Plus who said she wasn't a fat 12year old? Even if she wasn't majority of reason women have stretch marks is due to puberty when your body starts stretching anyhow. Girls do start puberty at 12 or even younger.
Re: Stretch Marks - Any Cure Yet? by kandiikane(m): 3:49pm On Jun 26, 2013
Ohhhh, I've seen men with stretch marks on their buttocks...

I remember when I was younger when I use to see the 'big girls' with stretch mark ridden nyashes. I don't know why I found it to be a good thing, probably because to me it signified growing up and being a woman. Aha, oh how I wish I can take it all back now! First, it corners your hips because that's the first place that widens. Anyhow sha, I just thank God mine are invisible. I can wear my battyrider for my husband davidlyan without having him puke up! grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Stretch Marks - Any Cure Yet? by kandiikane(m): 3:51pm On Jun 26, 2013
PrincessMo:

Come now dude, havin stretch marks doesn't always have to do
with being fat. I had stretch marks even wen I was like a stick.
I had stretch marks on places on me that either grew fast or reduced
fast. I had stretch marks on ma butt, I had stretch marks on ma calves,
I had stretch marks on ma arms and I was VERY skinny. . .

Plus cocoa butter cream does help! Ma stretch marks have reduced.
Try cocoa butter (body butter by body shop) VERY VERY GOOD!!
Chai, you seem to be riddled with stretchmarks oo. I guess I got off lucky. tongue

Awkward moment when you realise the thread dates back to 2007....
Re: Stretch Marks - Any Cure Yet? by homesodear: 12:09pm On Aug 23, 2014
Razorr: Hello good people of Nairaland.

Please can anyone tell me whether a cure for stretch marks exists in the market. I've had some behind my calf since I was about twelve years old and I'm over twenty now. I have been seriously searching for a cure for many years to no avail. I have tried many so-called stretch mark removal creams without any success.
I even spent 37,000 naira on Strivectin SD and the Stretch marks are still there.

Please, if anyone knows about any cure for stretch marks, can He/She please let me know?

Backed by popular demand!!! Need to lose a few inches quickly; our body toning products combine instant results with long term benefits so you can look better now and later without side effects. Botanical extracts help you shed water weight while thermogenic herbs boost your metabolism to burn calories. This training is a great way to tighten skin after weight loss, firms and conditions soft sagging skin and help reduce the appearance of stretch marks and cellulite.

SKIN TONING BENEFITS INCLUDE:
• English ivy extracts aid in the elimination of fats and toxins from cells
• Horsetail extract removes bloat and water weight for instant slimming
• Thermogenic herbs raise metabolism by burning calories with exercise
• Other beneficial herbs render smooth and supple skin with natural astringents, moisturizers, collagen and elastin. Great for tightening skin after weight loss.

Who Should Attend? Skin care Professionals, Make-up Artists, Models, Spa Owners, Existing Business Owners, Students, Moms, Workers, etc are all welcome (No experience necessary!!!)
This hands-on training is FREE. Limited seating available, make your reservation ASAP. Must bring toning products to participate.

For further enquiries email me info@aloe4eva.com, ivychaste@yahoo.co.uk, ehidab11@gmail.com or call or whatsapp 08034917464 or 08083767721

EVERY WOMAN MUST BE TREATED LIKE A QUEEN AND SHE WILL LOOK LIKE A QUEEN. WITH SIMPLE PRODUCTS YOU WILL SIMPLY LOOK AND FEEL LIKE A QUEEN, EVEN IF YOU DON’T HAVE MONEY TO GO TO EXPENSIVE SPA’S, BECAUSE YOU CAN NOW HAVE YOUR OWN SPA AT HOME!
Re: Stretch Marks - Any Cure Yet? by castorx(m): 11:08pm On Feb 11, 2018
Don't waste your time with all these trash above just go and look for cold press castor oil. You can call 08161538232

Re: Stretch Marks - Any Cure Yet? by bewitching: 11:49pm On Feb 11, 2018
I can teach you what to do to get rid of any kind of stretch mark. Contact 09093308321
Re: Stretch Marks - Any Cure Yet? by bobbyANSELEM: 2:22pm On Jul 02, 2019
THE ULTIMATE NATURAL REMEDY FOR STRETCH MARKS

Have you been searching for a remedy to get rid of that ugly Stretch Marks? Then congratulations. Your days of searching are over. In this very article you're definitely learn how to get rid of that Stretch Marks that has been depriving you of your full self esteem.

Let's know what Stretch Marks.

What Are Stretch Marks?

Stretch marks are also known as striae, it occures when the skin rapidly changes shape due to growth or weight gain.

But there are other factors that can trigger Stretch Marks. Let's know about them.

What Actually Causes Stretch?

Pregnancy: When a woman gets pregnant, she's likely going to have Stretch Marks because the skin around the stomach Starts to expand thereby making the body grow rapidly faster than her skin which causes the elastic fibers just under the surface of the skin to break, resulting in stretch marks.

Puberty: During puberty stage in both boys and girls, the skin starts to Stretch, especially in girls because of the rapid weight gain which causes the skin to stretch, and can result to occurrence of stretch marks

Using Cortisone Creams: Using skincare products that contains steroids can trigger really bad nasty looking stretch marks. It's advised to be careful on skincare creams, Lotions and gels you put on your skin.You can read ingredients you should never put on your skin

Now having known the factors that Causes Stretch marks. Let's look at the ultimate natural remedy for Stretch marks.

Stretch Marks cannot be permanently removed, but this remedy will make your stretch marks look less visible and unnoticed. Making your stretch mark blend with your skin making them look totally unnoticeable.Follow this link to read full details on the ultimate natural remedy for Stretch marks
Re: Stretch Marks - Any Cure Yet? by Dukebaba3v3(m): 2:58am On Jul 13, 2021
Last month I began going to a gym cos I don't like staying indoors cos I work from home. Later I noticed very horrible stretch marks in arms side and laps.

However I stumbled upon this product on skinol.com.ng at first I skeptical but had to give it a trial and it miraculously worked!!!

I gave it some time actually, something like say 3 weeks and everything vanished away. I bought for 7k then, I don't know about the price now
Re: Stretch Marks - Any Cure Yet? by taiwo34: 8:46pm On Oct 23, 2022
no cure dear

(1) (Reply)

Cure For Pimples / All About Hair, Weaves, Styles Etc(photos) / Is Natural Hair Preferred Over Chemically Treated Hair?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.