Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help (50236 Views)

4 Major Fintech Companies In Nigeria Have Been Frozen By Central Bank Of Nigeria / UBA Bank Ebeano Estate Enugu Amid Coronavirus Issue (Photos) / My Bank Account Has Been Frozen By Diamond Bank. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by erico2k2(m): 12:32pm On Aug 28, 2017
dennisworld1:
have spoken to my lawyer friend close to me after reading this thread about such Case. he said get a police report and a barrister to file such case that u are innocent. u might be a businessman trying to get your money for goods been sold to the man by helping the said man to make the transaction easier. innocent people goes to jail cus of same issues without acting fast. the bank might be playing fast on you too to fall the victim. don't agree to pay any money u know nothing of if not you are on your own o. banks are also scared of lawyer if u have full evidence that u are not guilty.
The Banks has a Ban on such transactions, Always read the small prints.Banks preach this day in day out.Lawyer will just eat your remaining cash
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by dennisworld1(m): 12:33pm On Aug 28, 2017
if on a normal way that bank would have put u on detention before proceeding. but u never can tell if they are playing on u too. what if the said owner of the ATM is the one claiming fraud.
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by ofedegbe(m): 12:33pm On Aug 28, 2017
Kockane:

Go to a police station, file a report. Explain everything. Then proceed to your bank with the police report. You may also swear an affidavit in court stating your innocence. They will forward these to their compliance unit and after investigations, your account will be freed.

Fear not though, you may still operate other bank account, BVN or not. I hope you've learnt from your mistake. All the best.
Hello, please can I go to the police station alone? Or someone should accompany me
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by dennisworld1(m): 12:34pm On Aug 28, 2017
erico2k2:

The Banks has a Ban on such transactions, Always read the small prints.Banks preach this day in day out.Lawyer will just eat your remaining cash
ban on such transaction. then what is the use of Cashless policies
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by dennisworld1(m): 12:34pm On Aug 28, 2017
ofedegbe:

Hello, please can I go to the police station alone? Or someone should accompany me
yes u can. for a start
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by erico2k2(m): 12:35pm On Aug 28, 2017
dennisworld1:
ban on such transaction. then what is the use of Cashless policies
Read what I wrote again, for you to allow money to be transferred to your account when you cant establish reasons for it
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by AceVentura: 12:35pm On Aug 28, 2017
@Op,

This process usually takes time in Nigeria to resolve. However, you can request for a court order authorizing them to restrict activities on your account. If they can't provide it, ask them to close your account & issue you an open manager's cheque for the balance.

I'm a banker so I can tell you better.
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by erico2k2(m): 12:35pm On Aug 28, 2017
dennisworld1:
yes u can. for a start
in Nigeria go with lawyer, so overzealous police might spot an opportunity!
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by dennisworld1(m): 12:35pm On Aug 28, 2017
erico2k2:

nothing consign banks on how I choose to transact my money.
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by erico2k2(m): 12:36pm On Aug 28, 2017
AceVentura:
@Op,

This process usually takes time in Nigeria to resolve. However, you can request for a court order authorizing them to restrict activities on your account. If they can't provide it, ask them to close your account & issue you an open manager's cheque for the balance.

Great response!
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by dennisworld1(m): 12:37pm On Aug 28, 2017
erico2k2:

Read what I wrote again, for you to allow money to be transferred to your account when you cant establish reasons for it
I ask again what is the use of Cashless policies if all this frauds continue.
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by dennisworld1(m): 12:39pm On Aug 28, 2017
erico2k2:

in Nigeria go with lawyer, so overzealous police might spot an opportunity!
such transaction can also be use on POS machines if u don't know. do you banks can also freeze peoples account anyhow without order from court or concept of the company for the transaction.
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by bongolistik(m): 12:42pm On Aug 28, 2017
Sometimes the law is childish... The whole thing isn't still making much sense... So if for example, I run my business and I use POS to receive fund, and now somebody with stolen or fraudulent card/account comes to make purchase and he/she uses the fraudulent card/account to purchase on my POS, that means I can equally be facing similar charges.

How am I supposed to know his/her card/account was fraudulent and being investigated?

Or are we trying to say that strangers again don't go to business areas to buy something

4 Likes

Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by dennisworld1(m): 12:43pm On Aug 28, 2017
like me I do like using POS on every transaction I make including maybe sometimes to buy fuel in my car. does it mean if someone uses my ATM to make such POS transaction then i have to go to court and order the company account freeze without the owner company knowing. This is a big issue if not I see many people falling victim already. Cashless policies would be discourage

2 Likes

Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by ofedegbe(m): 12:43pm On Aug 28, 2017
AceVentura:
@Op,

But my account is currently under restrictions...how can I proceed from here?
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by Flaghouse1: 12:44pm On Aug 28, 2017
ofedegbe:

i

I have advised you as a brother if your hands are clean go get a lawyer to help you out,some body made a valid comment on how to solve this issue see below

dennisworld1:
have spoken to my lawyer friend close to me after reading this thread about such Case. he said get a police report and a barrister to file such case that u are innocent. u might be a businessman trying to get your money for goods been sold to the man by helping the said man to make the transaction easier. innocent people goes to jail cus of same issues without acting fast. the bank might be playing fast on you too to fall the victim. don't agree to pay any money u know nothing of if not you are on your own o. banks are also scared of lawyer if u have full evidence that u are not guilty.

You are still her asking for advise , I pity you once the bank makes a report you will not find it easy once you are traced.

As they say in pidgin English " Na who first report dey win case of"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by dennisworld1(m): 12:44pm On Aug 28, 2017
bongolistik:
Sometimes the law is childish... The whole thing isn't still making much sense... So if for example, I run my business and I use POS to receive fund, and now somebody with stolen or fraudulent account comes to make purchase and he/she uses the fraudulent card/account to purchase on my POS, that means I can equally be facing similar charges.

How am I supposed to know his/her card/account was fraudulent and being investigated?

Or are we trying to say that strangers again don't go to business areas to buy something
Thank God u understand what am saying. OP the bank are playing u.
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by dennisworld1(m): 12:48pm On Aug 28, 2017
Flaghouse1:
i

I have advised you as a brother if your hands are clean go get a lawyer to help you out,some body made a valid comment on how to solve this issue see below

dennisworld1:

You are still her asking for advise , I pity you once the bank makes a report you will not find it easy once you are traced.

they would have arrest him if they have report. so should he run away from this case or play along with the bank which is your advice. this is a clear case of conspiracy
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by thirdi(m): 12:51pm On Aug 28, 2017
bongolistik:
Sometimes the law is childish... The whole thing isn't still making much sense... So if for example, I run my business and I use POS to receive fund, and now somebody with stolen or fraudulent card/account comes to make purchase and he/she uses the fraudulent card/account to purchase on my POS, that means I can equally be facing similar charges.

your line of business and history of such transactions on your account will exonerate you from any charge other wise you are just talking bull grin
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by dennisworld1(m): 12:51pm On Aug 28, 2017
The Law should address this. because if so many businessmen and women sees this case. I don't think they will ever transact business maybe transfer or Even using POS again cus someone out there might see this trick and start using it on people.
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by ofedegbe(m): 12:52pm On Aug 28, 2017
Flaghouse1:
i

dennisworld1:

I went to the bank this morning...na still d same thing dem dey talk "the victim's bank demand for a refund"
I even enquired about the victim's details and they said they don't have it. I need a good lawyer as the my cousin lawyer that would have represented me isn't around till later this week and I want to make my complaint now
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by affiliatexpert(m): 12:53pm On Aug 28, 2017
ofedegbe:

The victim's bank

they didnt mention the name of the bank?
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by dennisworld1(m): 12:54pm On Aug 28, 2017
thirdi:
your line of business and history of such transactions on your account will exonerate you from any charge other wise you are just talking bull grin
the according to the OP he also have line and history on his account transaction. and years of banking with them also. why saying he is talking bull.
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by thirdi(m): 12:54pm On Aug 28, 2017
your best bet is to get a court order .... see you see prison. take me serious if you want to get off this issue. and dont mind those telling you to run or pay back the money.

u can make that proposal to refund sum to the court through ur lawyer. but dont do that to the bank or you will pay all such money defrauded by that scammer, which you dont know how much

1 Like

Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by dennisworld1(m): 12:55pm On Aug 28, 2017
ofedegbe:

I went to the bank this morning...na still d same thing dem dey talk "the victim's bank demand for a refund"
I even enquired about the victim's details and they said they don't have it. I need a good lawyer as the my cousin lawyer that would have represented me isn't around till later this week and I want to make my complaint now
have u call your cousin lawyer. let him advice you.
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by ofedegbe(m): 12:55pm On Aug 28, 2017
affiliatexpert:

they didnt mention the name of the bank?
FB
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by bongolistik(m): 12:56pm On Aug 28, 2017
dennisworld1:
Thank God u understand what am saying. OP the bank are playing u.
you might not be wrong because if the bank that claims that the account he received the money from was fraudulent, it simply means that the bank was aware that the account is fraudulent and why didn't they decide to freeze the account from further transactions pending when investigation is completed.

Yet the bank still allowed funds to be transferred from the said fraudulent account.. Something is surely not adding up.

Bros no need to fidget, if you know you are clean, you will easily get over it because this is Naija for you... The question is : why should bank allow a fraudulent account to still be able to carry out transactions?
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by thirdi(m): 12:57pm On Aug 28, 2017
dennisworld1:
the according to the OP he also have line and history on his account transaction. and years of banking with them also. why saying he is talking bull.
he does not do business with his account does he? if he can show evidence that the account is opened for business and show previous transactions then no issue.

the OP did not state he was running any business using that account. he said that he has not been dubious with his account.
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by dennisworld1(m): 12:57pm On Aug 28, 2017
thirdi:
your best bet is to get a court order .... see you see prison. take me serious if you want to get off this issue. and dont mind those telling you to run or pay back the money.

u can make that proposal to refund sum to the court through ur lawyer. but dont do that to the bank or you will pay all such money defrauded by that scammer, which you dont know how much
good advice. don't fall a victim by paying back what you dont know. the owner of the account might be the said man who made the transaction with u trying to scam u.
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by loomer: 12:57pm On Aug 28, 2017
ofedegbe:

i was told dat i wont b able to open another account as my BVN has been flagged. Dis has been my greatest mistake and regret
the said amount is 50k.can they use cctv footage to id the man?

Where and how u meet the man?
ATM camera no catch him face?

If so, make una publish the man face make Nigerians see and weda we fit fish am out.
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by dennisworld1(m): 12:59pm On Aug 28, 2017
bongolistik:
you might not be wrong because if the bank that claims that the account he received the money from was fraudulent, it simply means that the bank was aware that the account is fraudulent and why didn't they decide to freeze the account from further transactions pending when investigation is completed.

Yet the bank still allowed funds to be transferred from the said fraudulent account.. Something is surely not adding up.

Bros no need to fidget, if you know you are clean, you will easily get over it because this is Naija for you... The question is : why should bank allow a fraudulent account to still be able to carry out transactions?
good question. why should the asking for a refund for transaction already made.
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by Electroweb(m): 1:00pm On Aug 28, 2017
ofedegbe:

The ATM queue was long, I was the next in line to make withdrawal. The bank has about 7 Atm machines with only 3 working on that day, the other 4 machines can only check balance or transfer.
The man approached me telling me he's in urgent need and needs to go somewhere that he should make a transfer to my account and I help him withdraw it. I gave him my account number and he transferred from one of the non-paying ATMs. I withdrew it for him on the paying machines

Oh ok! Since he used one of the ATMs to transfer from his account to your account then the CCTV for that ATM can be used to match his face, the transfer and time of transfer. This information will support your claims.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

American Fast-Food Franchise, Burger King Set To Open Outlets In Nigeria / The Dantata/Dangote Story: How To Create A Dynasty Of Billionaires (2020) / Procedures To Get TIN No. From FIRS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.