Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,506 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help (50233 Views)

4 Major Fintech Companies In Nigeria Have Been Frozen By Central Bank Of Nigeria / UBA Bank Ebeano Estate Enugu Amid Coronavirus Issue (Photos) / My Bank Account Has Been Frozen By Diamond Bank. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by Nobody: 12:48am On Aug 29, 2017
crowntoro:
loolz
Igbadun indeed
YES Na... What part of the world are you?
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by pimper24: 1:35am On Aug 29, 2017
shocked. I get it
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by pimper24: 1:44am On Aug 29, 2017
Get a sales receipt by that name and get someone to sign it. Write the bank alleging you rendered service or sold something as described in the receipt and got paid. Tell them you do not know the identity of the buyer. Get a lawyer to write the bank attaching the receipt or a. Simple agreement. My a count was frozen in February for a suspicious transactions. I got the person that payed me to quickly key sign a loan agreement. Though in my case I had his full identity.
By the way if your case is genuine you should have secretly contacted a lawyer rather than revealing the suggested strategies to the bank.
ofedegbe:
Good day nairalanders, i am using this medium to seek for your advice or legal counsel(from our lawyers). Last week i tried to use my debit card for online transaction but it wasn't successful so i went to my bank to lodge a complaint concerning my ATM. But to my greatest surpise, i was told that my bank account has been frozen. I then made an enquiry to know the reason why they froze the account, i was told that it was used to launder money from a stolen card....
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by bigtt76(f): 4:13am On Aug 29, 2017
How did he do the transfer that he could not withdraw with the card? I always advise such people to use Verve Paycode ar nor de wahala joooor
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by crowntoro(f): 6:49am On Aug 29, 2017
akthedream:

YES Na... What part of the world are you?
afghanistan cheesy
So you can see that there's no igbadun
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by millionboi(m): 8:51am On Aug 29, 2017
tosyne2much:
I hope say UBA don contact you by now?
pls which one do u use now?
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by dennisworld1(m): 8:57am On Aug 29, 2017
pimper24:
Get a sales receipt by that name and get someone to sign it. Write the bank alleging you rendered service or sold something as described in the receipt and got paid. Tell them you do not know the identity of the buyer. Get a lawyer to write the bank attaching the receipt or a. Simple agreement. My a count was frozen in February for a suspicious transactions. I got the person that payed me to quickly key sign a loan agreement. Though in my case I had his full identity.
By the way if your case is genuine you should have secretly contacted a lawyer rather than revealing the suggested strategies to the bank.
nice one. OP how far your case
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by tosyne2much(m): 9:30am On Aug 29, 2017
millionboi:
pls which one do u use now?
You mean the bank I use?
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by millionboi(m): 9:44am On Aug 29, 2017
tosyne2much:
You mean the bank I use?
yes
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by tosyne2much(m): 9:46am On Aug 29, 2017
millionboi:
yes
I use Skye bank
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by ofedegbe(m): 9:55am On Aug 29, 2017
dennisworld1:
nice one. OP how far your case
please where an i get an attorney that will stand for me when i make my statement as my cousin is busy, and i want to mke my statement soon enough. but i don't have much cash on me.
around OJO Lagos
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by millionboi(m): 3:45pm On Aug 29, 2017
tosyne2much:
I use Skye bank
i don't think the uba restriction is applicable to safetoken?
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by tosyne2much(m): 3:49pm On Aug 29, 2017
millionboi:
i don't think the uba restriction is applicable to safetoken?
It can't be restricted to Safetoken
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by millionboi(m): 3:55pm On Aug 29, 2017
tosyne2much:
It can't be restricted to Safetoken
meanin I can still fund with tru safetoken?
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by tosyne2much(m): 3:56pm On Aug 29, 2017
millionboi:
meanin I can still fund with tru safetoken?
You should be able to do that without restrictions

1 Like

Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by damilarelr(m): 9:29pm On Aug 29, 2017
ofedegbe:
it was during the first week of june, i went to the ATM to make withdrawal.. As usual it was a very long queue. A middleaged man approached me to help him withdraw cash by transferring cash to my account. I agreed to help him due to his urgency. I never knew he used a stolen card! This has been given serious concern and its d reason why i brought d issue so as to know what to do...

I hope this helps.
Since you can attest to the fact that you are not related to the fraudster who used your account for cover up.. I would suggest you visit your account holding Branch. Seek to meet with their Operations Manager or the Branch manager and narrate your case. They will be in the best position to advise you on what to do.

Your candid explanation might even rescue other accounts which are likely to be under investigation. Getting a lawyer against the bank might be viewed as a defensive stunt so I will advise you not to do that yet.
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by Nobody: 2:42am On Aug 30, 2017
crowntoro:
afghanistan cheesy
So you can see that there's no igbadun
LOL.... Afghanistan lohun lohun.. Lol. But some people are enjoying there sha..
Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by Carfreak966: 1:22pm On Apr 20, 2020

1 Like

Re: My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help by LagosNissan: 8:35pm On May 28, 2022
ibusiness:

I will Advise you to get a lawyer and report yourself to SCID,Panti to explain yourself and innocence they are in-charge of all fraud cases regards to Bank Fraud,i was surprise the bank let you go when you visited them,most bank arrest you immediately you visit there bank when such case is reported...i was a victim of such some years back.....

How did u resolve it pls?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

American Fast-Food Franchise, Burger King Set To Open Outlets In Nigeria / The Dantata/Dangote Story: How To Create A Dynasty Of Billionaires (2020) / Procedures To Get TIN No. From FIRS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.