Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,933 members, 7,806,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

The Best & Worst Case Scenarios For The 5 English Clubs Ahead Of Champions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / The Best & Worst Case Scenarios For The 5 English Clubs Ahead Of Champions (27474 Views)

Super League Is Back On As Court Rules UEFA Cannot Sanction Clubs Involved / 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League / ‘PSG Can Stop Pogba’- Draxler Says Ahead Of Champions League Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best & Worst Case Scenarios For The 5 English Clubs Ahead Of Champions by erylett2: 12:07pm On Aug 24, 2017
​Chelsea, Tottenham, Manchester City, Liverpool and Manchester United will learn their Champions League fate when the draw for the group stage takes place on Thursday evening.

Spread between pots 1 and 3, the five English clubs could easily face some of Europe’s very best teams at this early stage, yet there is a possibility the draw could be also kind to them.

Here’s a run through of the possible best and worst case scenarios they could end up with…

(Despite being weak on paper, Celtic have often raised their game against English clubs in the Champions League in the past and will be one opponent all five will wish to avoid)

Chelsea

Best: Porto, Anderlecht, Maribor

Chelsea have faced both Porto and Maribor in the Champions League with success in the past and so coming up against either again is unlikely to cause concern.

Worst: Paris Saint-Germain, Napoli, Qarabag

The thin squad cannot really afford to be stretched much further, and so adding a long return trip to Azerbaijan into the mix for an away game against Qarabag would be one to avoid.

Tottenham Hotspur

Best: Benfica, Sevilla, CSKA Moscow

Tottenham could potentially be matched with CSKA Moscow again, a team they know first-hand to be beatable after winning home and away against the Russians at this stage last season.

Worst: Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain, Feyenoord

Spurs could find themselves in a group with the reigning champions and the club that just broke the world transfer record to sign Neymar if things really go against them in the draw.

Manchester City

Best: Benfica, Anderlecht, Maribor

If Portuguese champions Benfica are the toughest team Manchester City will face, Pep Guardiola’s team should have every confidence of progressing without much issue.

Worst: Bayern Munich, Roma, Feyenoord

City fans are surely sick to the back teeth of being drawn with Bayern Munich in the group stage and, their obvious quality aside, will be keen on seeing someone new come out of the bag.

Liverpool

Best: Spartak Moscow, Porto, Maribor

A trip to Moscow isn’t ideal, but the Russian champions are the weakest on paper in pot one and it would allow Liverpool to avoid Sevilla from pot 2, victors in the 2016 Europa League final.

Worst: Juventus, Barcelona, RB Leipzig

Barcelona may be weakened, but former Reds star Luis Suarez could easily do serious damage to his old team. There is also the potential embarrassment of being beaten by RB Leipzig.

Manchester United

Best: Monaco, Anderlecht, Maribor

Manchester United have struggled when faced with Benfica in the past, so maybe being in the same group as a Monaco team weakened by a summer of departures might be a better option.

Worst: Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain, CSKA Moscow

Mourinho’s team have already been beaten by Real Madrid once this season in the UEFA Super Cup and surely won’t fancy a trip to Moscow after all of last season’s Europa League travelling.

Source: https://www.socializee.net/assessing-best-worst-case-scenarios-for-the-5-english-clubs-ahead-of-champions-league-group-draw/
mynd44 lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: The Best & Worst Case Scenarios For The 5 English Clubs Ahead Of Champions by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 24, 2017
Give me anybody in the premier league, even Man city, all na handicap to me. I go give them one goal down and still win.

13 Likes

Re: The Best & Worst Case Scenarios For The 5 English Clubs Ahead Of Champions by tobtap: 1:29pm On Aug 24, 2017
cool cool
Re: The Best & Worst Case Scenarios For The 5 English Clubs Ahead Of Champions by Narldon: 1:29pm On Aug 24, 2017

ARSENAL IS MISSING?

OH I FORGOT....

THEY WERE NOT INVITED grin

98 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Best & Worst Case Scenarios For The 5 English Clubs Ahead Of Champions by MurderEnglish(m): 1:29pm On Aug 24, 2017
before I am man u fan, den, the selled my boy c.ronaldo. I vexed go Bakkar, dey selled my boy neyhman, I vexed com dey hate football. I learn small something, I will not die and be supportive team I will just supportive player.

Player I supportive
Messi (lion)
Ronaldo (2nd Messi)
Neyhman (shakara boy)
Pogba (shine shine) grin
Modric
Ramos
Harzack
Rash Ford
Tha Monaco fly boy mmbape
Suarez
Benzene
Lacasera
Harry cane
Kante(my village boy)
Dem reached 100 I kannot mension all

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best & Worst Case Scenarios For The 5 English Clubs Ahead Of Champions by oshe11: 1:29pm On Aug 24, 2017
Bring On Any team......

Chelsea wud still top our group

4 Likes

Re: The Best & Worst Case Scenarios For The 5 English Clubs Ahead Of Champions by free2ryhme: 1:30pm On Aug 24, 2017
grin
Re: The Best & Worst Case Scenarios For The 5 English Clubs Ahead Of Champions by oribi(m): 1:30pm On Aug 24, 2017
lol
Re: The Best & Worst Case Scenarios For The 5 English Clubs Ahead Of Champions by Oluwasaeon(m): 1:30pm On Aug 24, 2017
KTBFFH

1 Like

Re: The Best & Worst Case Scenarios For The 5 English Clubs Ahead Of Champions by anykey: 1:30pm On Aug 24, 2017
where is arsenal?

let me predict, bayern will get a fairly difficult group
go out in the first round
draw arsenal in the europa round of 16
beat arsenal blue and black (10 -2 )
and.... arsenal fans will start their annual chant

###wengerout

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Best & Worst Case Scenarios For The 5 English Clubs Ahead Of Champions by kennynelcon(m): 1:31pm On Aug 24, 2017
PSG is no threat to UTD

7 Likes

Re: The Best & Worst Case Scenarios For The 5 English Clubs Ahead Of Champions by lawrenzi(m): 1:31pm On Aug 24, 2017
PSG and CSK Moscow is no big deal trust me

1 Like

Re: The Best & Worst Case Scenarios For The 5 English Clubs Ahead Of Champions by oshe11: 1:31pm On Aug 24, 2017
Arsenal Fans pls ignore this thread...... grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best & Worst Case Scenarios For The 5 English Clubs Ahead Of Champions by HIRAETH: 1:31pm On Aug 24, 2017
embarassed
Re: The Best & Worst Case Scenarios For The 5 English Clubs Ahead Of Champions by EmperorLee(m): 1:31pm On Aug 24, 2017
If dem born all of una well, make one of una no win that champions league come England. Sheybi una say make i no go disgrace una again, now i dey Europa dey spy una.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Best & Worst Case Scenarios For The 5 English Clubs Ahead Of Champions by Tonymegabush1(m): 1:31pm On Aug 24, 2017
I see England winning dis very CL cry

3 Likes

Re: The Best & Worst Case Scenarios For The 5 English Clubs Ahead Of Champions by EmperorLee(m): 1:32pm On Aug 24, 2017
anykey:
where is arse

In you arse undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Best & Worst Case Scenarios For The 5 English Clubs Ahead Of Champions by awoo47: 1:33pm On Aug 24, 2017
psg hv really upgraded angry my heart jus dey skip if i see am. Liverpool yansh go open lyk fowl cry jus wish we went for europa cry embarassed cry
Re: The Best & Worst Case Scenarios For The 5 English Clubs Ahead Of Champions by anykey: 1:34pm On Aug 24, 2017
EmperorLee:

In you arse undecided

move ahead
Re: The Best & Worst Case Scenarios For The 5 English Clubs Ahead Of Champions by 1miccza: 1:35pm On Aug 24, 2017
EmperorLee:
If dem born all of una well, make one of una no win that champions league come England. Sheybi una say make i no go disgrace una again, now i dey Europa dey spy una.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Best & Worst Case Scenarios For The 5 English Clubs Ahead Of Champions by maysimsimple(m): 1:35pm On Aug 24, 2017
Pls bro, I don't wanna laugh... Una too funny for here nairalanders..

author=EmperorLee post=59782808]If dem born all of una well, make one of una no win that champions league come England. Sheybi una say make i no go disgrace una again, now i dey Europa dey spy una. [/quote]
Re: The Best & Worst Case Scenarios For The 5 English Clubs Ahead Of Champions by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 24, 2017
i pity arsenal fans main while up UNITED

2 Likes

Re: The Best & Worst Case Scenarios For The 5 English Clubs Ahead Of Champions by maxit2(m): 1:36pm On Aug 24, 2017
Remimadrid:
Give me anybody in the premier league, even Man city, all na handicap to me. I go give them one goal down and still win.

Chelsea will beat you hands down. We know how to take care of Spanish teams. Ask Barca.
We handled them even at their peak (Eto, Iniesta, Ronaldinho, Messi, e.t.c)

7 Likes

Re: The Best & Worst Case Scenarios For The 5 English Clubs Ahead Of Champions by bastien: 1:37pm On Aug 24, 2017
Ok
Re: The Best & Worst Case Scenarios For The 5 English Clubs Ahead Of Champions by maxit2(m): 1:39pm On Aug 24, 2017
MurderEnglish:
before I am man u fan, den, the selled my boy c.ronaldo. I vexed go Bakkar, dey selled my boy neyhman, I vexed com dey hate football. I learn small something, I will not die and be supportive team I will just supportive player.

Player I supportive
Messi (lion)
Ronaldo (2nd Messi)
Neyhman (shakara boy)
Pogba (shine shine) grin
Modric
Ramos
Harzack
Rash Ford
Suarez
Benzene
Lacasera
Harry cane
Kante(my village boy)

Arjen Robben

1 Like

Re: The Best & Worst Case Scenarios For The 5 English Clubs Ahead Of Champions by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 24, 2017
oshe11:
Arsenal Fans pls ignore this thread...... grin

cc
Iamkingzlee grin grin

Emperorlee I couldn't help myself grin
Re: The Best & Worst Case Scenarios For The 5 English Clubs Ahead Of Champions by Nltaliban(m): 1:41pm On Aug 24, 2017
Tonymegabush1:
I see England winning dis very CL cry

Only if uefa would allow you to combine all your teams together

Spain all the way

4 Likes

Re: The Best & Worst Case Scenarios For The 5 English Clubs Ahead Of Champions by maxiuc(m): 1:41pm On Aug 24, 2017
awoo47:
psg hv really upgraded angry my heart jus dey skip if i see am. Liverpool yansh go open lyk fowl cry jus wish we went for europa cry embarassed cry
as in if Liverpool no buy players their yansh no open like fowl own
Re: The Best & Worst Case Scenarios For The 5 English Clubs Ahead Of Champions by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 24, 2017
MurderEnglish:

Player I supportive
Messi (lion)
Ronaldo (2nd Messi)
Neyhman (shakara boy)
Pogba (shine shine) grin
Modric
Ramos
Harzack
Rash Ford
Suarez
Benzene
Lacasera
Harry cane
Kante(my village boy)
YOU'RE BOORING

6 Likes

Re: The Best & Worst Case Scenarios For The 5 English Clubs Ahead Of Champions by jericco1(m): 1:42pm On Aug 24, 2017
Chelsea will go far.
Re: The Best & Worst Case Scenarios For The 5 English Clubs Ahead Of Champions by Ximenez(m): 1:43pm On Aug 24, 2017
Barca are so desperate now, looking for Neymar's replacement. You might want to consider Nani to complete the MSN trident again.

6 Likes

Re: The Best & Worst Case Scenarios For The 5 English Clubs Ahead Of Champions by Kaybaba5(m): 1:45pm On Aug 24, 2017
Chelsea is not afraid of any team

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Brighton Vs Manchester United : FA Cup (6 - 7)pens On 23rd April 2023 / Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? / Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Arsenal (3 - 1) On 24th April 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.