Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

THE BLACKMAIL - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE BLACKMAIL (18403 Views)

Overcoming Emotional Blackmail / The Blackmail Series (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

THE BLACKMAIL by onometee(f): 3:24pm On Aug 24, 2017
Hello everyone this is my first story here.. Please your comments and opinions are important.. Thank you grin

CHAPTER ONE
What a beautiful evening, she thought to herself. Nadia was looking out of the window from her small apartment that she shares with her bestie Ngozi In Lagos.
She always thought that once she was done with school and NYSC that everything will just fall into place,but she was absolutely wrong about that.
She has not been able to secure a white collar job ever since she finished her youth service but she was lucky enough to start a small business that gives her a little joy.
The only fortunate person that was able to get a white collar job was her bestie turned sister Ngozi immediately after NYSC in a well known IT company, the pay was not bad considering other jobs pay less but Ngozi was still happy with her Job and side runs she calls hustling.
Nadia on the other hand still had a little responsibility in taking care of her mother (A trader) and her younger ones who were lucky enough to be living in the house her father built before he retired as a professor and died last year due to an illness. She's very happy that her business is going pretty well,she is able to help her mother in taking care of her younger ones.
"Madam you are so lost in thought that you didn't even hear me coming in". She felt a tap on her shoulder, it was Ngozi her flatmate, crazy girl, They easily became friends when she got here for the first time because she was a direct opposite of her....
"Gosh I hate those people", she always says.
"Which people again? Oh let me guess your office people abi?" Nadia asked.
"Yes na..That my office place is full of serious minded people, there's absolutely no one to chill with". She always gives nadia gist of everyone in her office, who she should gist and smile with, who is cool etc, Sometimes Nadia always feel that her flatmate is still a teenager.
"But to be honest,Ngozi must you always hit me like that, can't you use your mouth to get my attention?".
"I came into the house but you didn't even notice me,so I had to hit you.. Anyway let's forget that, I was thinking maybe we should go out and have dinner in that our regular eatery".
"But Ngozi,we have food at home na,why must we go out to eat lunch or dinner at that same eatery every time? The only time we eat out is when we can't cook anything".
"Come on babe,I know that there's food at home but there's nothing wrong in going out to eat once in a while.. At least our food go dey reserve for us na".
"Hmmm okay o,I have heard you,come the last time we had lunch,I paid o. So you are paying this time around for dinner".
"Alright fine,I will pay. Just go and change into something nice while I change from my office clothes".
"Yes mummy" She replied Ngozi playfully.
Ngozi was troublesome but Nadia likes her bestie for her easy going nature especially towards her.
Nadia came out of her room 30 minutes later...
"I'm ready where are you ooo?" Nadia said.
Ngozi came back from her room and they both got out from the house and Nadia locked the door. They always go out or run errands in Ngozi's Black Toyota Camry. They drove out of the house and headed straight for a restaurant.
"So auntie what are you having for lunch today?" Ngozi asked as they stepped down from the car and walked into restaurant.
"You know my favorite na, Jollof rice and chicken" Nadia said.
"Don't you ever order for something else? Eh, In fact I'm picking something different for you today"Ngozi argued.
"But that's what I have been ordering since na, is it your tummy? Or is it because you are the one paying this time around?" Nadia replied her.
"If you like argue and squeeze your yellow face from now till thy kingdom come,you will eat what i order for you".
Ngozi always wins when it comes to argument,so Nadia had no choice but to eat what she ordered and it was White rice with chicken stew and fried plantains.
"If you don't eat that food eh,you'll pay me my money back" Ngozi scolded her friend.
"Do I have a choice? A beggar has no choice". They both laughed.
They decided to pick meat pies,fried chicken and fruit juice to take home and then to the counter to make their payment.
"Hello" Nadia heard a male voice from behind.
They both turned to see this really cute, light skinned, tall and built man, his face looked familiar but Nadia didn't bother to think of it,so she ignored the man.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE BLACKMAIL by onometee(f): 5:56pm On Aug 24, 2017
CONTINUED

"Please allow me to pay for you beautiful ladies". Ngozi who is the madam of awoof quickly accepted the offer.
"Thank you very much sir,God bless you" Ngozi thanked him.
At the car park someone was trying to talk to Nadia but she was lost in her thoughts till Ngozi called her name, it was same guy that paid their bill.
"Oh sorry I didn't know you were talking to me" she apologized to him.
"It's alright,my name is Alexander Douglas".
"I'm Nadia Okonkwo nice to meet you".
"I've been seeing you around, sorry to barge in on you like this, I just had to say hello today". Then it clicked, she has been seeing him here whenever she & Ngozi comes to eat lunch or dinner.
"Oh I hope I'm safe" She said jokingly.
"Of course you are, I'm sorry to be so forward but can I call you sometime?". Oh such a cute guy she thought then she spotted his wedding ring, he followed the direction of her eyes.
"No!!" She said angrily.
"It was nice to meeting you Mr Alexander". She moved to get into the car but he blocked her.
"Haba, Naddy what's your problem?" Ngozi said but she eyed her and ignored her.
"Nadia,can I call you Naddy just like your friend?" She ignored him.
"Look don't judge a book by it's cover, I just want to be your friend and get to know you".
"Don't you have any shame?, please leave me alone" Nadia replied him.
They entered the car and drove away leaving Alex standing.
"Babe na wa for you o, he's such a cute guy and he likes you,besides he looks rich" Ngozi said.
"Biko leave me, all these married men and their wahala. I'm not ready to be any man's side chic". Nadia replied.
"So what if he is married? Please quit this holier than thou nature of yours".
They both continued to argue until they got home, the rest of the day was uneventful.

The next day Nadia woke up with a crazy headache so she called her girls and told them that she won't be coming to the shop. Thank God that Ngozi cooked this morning before she left for work. She took paracetamol and went back to sleep..
She woke up to her phone ringing,it was her boyfriend Greg calling but she refused to pick the call.
Greg lives in the UK and he's not coming back any time soon. She refused to pick his calls because they have been fighting lately and they aren't even on speaking terms. She felt so bad for not answering his calls and she was tempted to call him back. She was still thinking about calling him back when her phone jerked her out of her thoughts,she checked the caller but it was Ngozi.
"Babe what's up? You don't sound good".
"I'm not feeling good dear,I think I'm falling sick".
"What drugs did you take?"
"I took paracetamol"
"Okay I'm coming dear" Ngozi said and hung up.
After about an hour, Nadia heard someone unlocking the door and she knew that it was her flatmate.
Ngozi came into the house with so many bags.
"Ngozi did you go shopping? Why so many bags?"
"Stop asking me silly questions and welcome your visitor" Ngozi said.
"Which visitor? I'm not expecting anybody or did you come with anybody that I know?" Nadia looked behind Ngozi.
She was just putting on a blue bum shorts and a yellow singlet. Before Nadia could say anything to her flatmate,Ngozi told her to behave.
"Come in sir" she said, behold Alexander Douglas came in with a smile. Nadia was surprised and kept staring at him and Ngozi.
"Hello dear"
"Uhm Hi" She said maintaining a surprised look.
"Welcome to our little apartment, even though you weren't invited".
"I'm so sorry, I met your friend at the eatery having lunch, she told me you weren't feeling too well, I couldn't help myself, please don't be angry, I'm a good guy and I'm not going to harm you". Nadia's heart softened and she told him to sit down.
"Babe I'm going back to the office before my boss will query me, I will see you when I get back" Ngozi said.
"Let me put on the generator before I leave".
"Ngozi have you forgotten that we don't have fuel in that generator".
"Don't worry about that". she said and left the room. Nadia was looking confused.
"We got some fuel on our way here, she said you needed to distract yourself".
"Oh wow thank you" She said and laid down.
"So how are you feeling now?"
"Not so good, I just want to sleep".
"Anyway I got you some fruits it may help and drugs". Alexander said.
The light came on, thank goodness our DSTV subscription was still on. Nadia thought to herself.

2 Likes

Re: THE BLACKMAIL by onometee(f): 6:19pm On Aug 24, 2017
CONTINUED

Ngozi came back into the house and told them she was heading back to the office and would see her later.
Nadia looked at her flatmate quizzically, she used her eyes to warn Nadia to behave herself. Nadia had no choice but to just smile.
"I will kill this girl when she gets back from work today" Nadia thought.
But Alexander noticed "If you are not comfortable I can leave".
"No please stay with her,if anything happens to her I already know where to find you". Ngozi said.
Nadia needed company anyway so she didn't protest besides he was being very nice to her.
"So what's your favorite channel?"
"I don't have any favorite but I would love to watch Food network".
"So you love food shows?"He asked
"Yeah I love it" Nadia answered.
"Cool, as for me I love football,News And Music, especially American music' he said.
Nadia laughed,they both spent the time gisting about everything. He got her favorite food for her Jollof rice and Fried chicken and made her eat it, he also made her take the fruits he got after convincing her that he was gonna make it into fruit salad. Nadia was over impressed, but she wasn't comfortable that he was a married man.
Somewhere along the line she slept off and woke up on his laps, it was a bit too comfortable so she pretended to be sleeping. Nadia finally woke up from her pretentious sleep after about 30mins and asked him when she slept off.
"Oh you are finally awake, how are you feeling now my dear?" He asked
"I don't know yet I just woke up, when did I sleep and how did I end up waking up on you?" Nadia asked.
"Well you slept about 4 hours ago, you looked so gentle, I couldn't resist pulling you close and you didn't protest. I'm not a pervert in case you were wondering if anything happened".
"You better not be, or you won't live here alive". Nadia was feeling much better now, it was 7pm already she wanted him to leave so she picked up a fight.
She looked at his hands and noticed that he was not putting on his wedding ring anymore. Men,they will never change. She thought to herself.
"How come you are not putting on your wedding band today? You know it doesn't change anything right? You're still married, I don't like being around married men".
"Naddy, with time you'll get to know about me, all you need to know now is that I'm going through a divorce"
"Na so una dey talk" Nadia said.
"I know you'll not believe me that's why I didn't say it, please just let things flow naturally, I know you are a tough girl and I respect you a lot but you know I like you" Nadia softened up, she was beginning to like him maybe because he came to stay with her today, also he looked rich and he is so cute you'll never know he's married. Besides she has been thinking a lot, she has been a good girl all her life and she wants to maintain that until God will send the man that will love her unconditionally her way.
What if Alexander is that man? What if God sent him to her? But he is getting divorced? And Greg is not making things easy for her either. Maybe she will just get close to Alex and befriend him. Even though Ngozi has been trying to convince her to get a sugar daddy just like her,she has bluntly refused that,she won't be able to date men that are old enough to be her father or grandfather. Besides her business is going well,she doesn't need any sugar daddy in her life. Nadia thought to herself.
"Alright fine but you need to go now, thanks for coming by that was very kind of you" Nadia said
"Okay, I'll leave now. I got your number from your friend, I hope you don't mind?"
"It's alright".
"Have a great weekend Naddy" he said and left. Then it dawned on her that it was Friday and she's going to be bored at home because Ngozi always goes out with one of her sugar daddies every weekend but well she had no choice, she ignored her thoughts and walked to the kitchen to see what he got for her.
Who is this guy? She thought. He bought her beverages to last her a month,Toiletries,Air Freshener,Fruits,Fried chicken and French fries, Snacks and her favorite strawberry ice cream. She decided to take the fruits,ice cream and drinks to the fridge when she saw something on the top of the fridge. It was a note and a bundle of one thousand naira notes..
The note read "For the weekend and for your hair, if you need anything else let me know when I call you".
Nadia almost jumped out of her skin and she was surprised. She was already thinking of sending money to her family in Enugu on Monday but she didn't have much yet. Her plans were to make sales this weekend and send it with the little ones she has already to them on Monday morning.
She counted the money and it was 300,000 naira,she started jubilating all over the house,she knelt down and thanked God for this small blessings. She immediately called her mother and told her that she will be sending 100,000 naira to them on Monday morning.. Her mother was so happy that she started praying for her.

4 Likes

Re: THE BLACKMAIL by onometee(f): 6:21pm On Aug 24, 2017
She disconnected the call and went into her room to keep the money.
She came out of her room and went into the kitchen to wash the dishes. She heard a knock on the door and opened it. It was Ngozi,she hugged her with so much happiness and grinned.
"Why are you so happy this evening? What happened? Ngozi asked while dropping her handbag on the chair and taking off her office shoes.
Nadia sat down close to her and gisted her about everything. Including the money that Alex gave her.
Ngozi jumped up and started dancing. "You see I told you, babe you're too serious, see as you don take hammer today, 300k just like that.. In fact we are going out to eat".
"Ngozi chill first, we are not going anywhere until you answer my question".
"Which question again?"
"I know that your office closes at 6pm,so where are you coming from by this time of the night?"
"Madam please leave me alone. Besides I went to see one of my honey pie,you know say babe must hustle o.. I was even suppose to spend the weekend with him but I told him that my sister wasn't feeling well that I want to stay with her".
"Babe haven't I told you to stop this? It's not good. I mean you have a good paying job".
"Please please Nadia don't start this night. Why do you want to spoil my mood? Oh you don't want me to enjoy your money with you abi. Okay I'm going to bed".
"Okay I'm sorry ,please forgive me mummy". Nadia said.
"I have heard o. So are we still going out?"
"No sweetie,there will be no need for that.. Actually Alex bought enough fried chicken,French fries and a big bowl of ice cream. So you will go and freshen up while I heat up the chicken and French fries" Nadia said.
"Hehehe see enjoyment o" Ngozi said rushing into her room to freshen up.
They both stayed indoors that Friday and watched Games of Throne,ate a lot and slept off.
The next day they went to the saloon,made their hair and nails. They both went shopping and bought few things that they may need. They had a fun filled weekend all thanks to the generosity of Alexander Douglas.

11 Likes

Re: THE BLACKMAIL by onometee(f): 6:26pm On Aug 24, 2017
Please click the follow button, like and comment...

I will be dropping each chapter everyday.. Chapter two comes up tomorrow..

This is actually my first story... I have about 3 stories to complete... A Dangerous Friend is my first complete story..

Thanks for reading smiley

1 Like

Re: THE BLACKMAIL by 1marking(m): 6:41pm On Aug 24, 2017
onometee:
Please click the follow button, like and comment...

I will be dropping each chapter everyday.. Chapter two comes up tomorrow..

This is actually my first story... I have about 3 stories to complete... A Dangerous Friend is my first complete story..

Thanks for reading smiley
Nice Start

1 Like

Re: THE BLACKMAIL by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 24, 2017
Oya Kama Kazi

1 Like

Re: THE BLACKMAIL by leocollins(m): 7:44pm On Aug 24, 2017
Take front seat..
Re: THE BLACKMAIL by onometee(f): 8:27pm On Aug 24, 2017
1marking:
Nice Start

Thanks
Re: THE BLACKMAIL by MrKIDO(m): 8:47pm On Aug 24, 2017
Following!
Re: THE BLACKMAIL by Estherol(f): 8:50pm On Aug 24, 2017
Wonderful start. Weldone
Re: THE BLACKMAIL by Cboyflald(m): 9:17pm On Aug 24, 2017
a gud start
Re: THE BLACKMAIL by sofiaelvis(f): 9:55pm On Aug 24, 2017
following bumber to bumber biko tag me when you update
Re: THE BLACKMAIL by Ebydarling: 11:07pm On Aug 24, 2017
Good one. Weldone.
Re: THE BLACKMAIL by Toyin223(f): 11:11pm On Aug 24, 2017
U Did A Gud Work
Re: THE BLACKMAIL by empress101(f): 7:09am On Aug 25, 2017
cool following
Re: THE BLACKMAIL by leocollins(m): 7:45am On Aug 25, 2017
Empress table water:..........
Re: THE BLACKMAIL by xprezz02(f): 10:48am On Aug 25, 2017
uminem02..uwc
Re: THE BLACKMAIL by uminem02(m): 11:10am On Aug 25, 2017
xprezz02:
uminem02..uwc
Be inviting pipo upandan...dnt goan write ur own story o
Re: THE BLACKMAIL by uminem02(m): 11:11am On Aug 25, 2017
xprezz02:
uminem02..uwc
Re: THE BLACKMAIL by ftosino(m): 12:19pm On Aug 25, 2017
lovely start..... following
Re: THE BLACKMAIL by Nickibeauty(f): 12:20pm On Aug 25, 2017
Wow am sitting at the front
Re: THE BLACKMAIL by xprezz02(f): 1:40pm On Aug 25, 2017
uminem02:
very very soon
Re: THE BLACKMAIL by onometee(f): 3:24pm On Aug 25, 2017
Hello everyone... A Dangerous Friend Chapter Two

CHAPTER TWO

On their way back from their Saturday outing,Nadia's phone started ringing,she checked the caller. It was an unknown number,she hesitated before answering the call.. It was Alexander Douglas calling her.
"Hello Naddy, how's your weekend going?"
"Hey Alex,my weekend is going well all thanks to you".
"Oh really,why did you say so?"
"I'm just happy today and I saw the big package you left".
"Oh now I understand, I'm happy you are okay with it. Although it is small,so please manage it".
"Did you call that big money small? Even I don't make such big amount of money everyday in my business".
"Hmmm interesting, so you have a business of your own? I thought you will be working like your friend too".
"Well white collar job couldn't favor me, so I had to start up a business.. I own a food store".
"Wow that's great,I'm happy to hear that..Anyway are you feeling much better now?"
"Yeah I am,thanks".
"You are welcome dear,anyway I'm out of town on business, this is my number so feel free to call me anytime, I'll be back next week".
They talked a bit and he hung up.
"Hmmm someone is beginning to fall in love o". Ngozi said.
"Babe leave me abeg, Alex is a nice guy and I just want to be his friend".
"I hear you". Ngozi said.
They got home and made dinner. They had pounded yam and egusi soup with beef.
On Sunday morning,they woke up early,had their bath,put on their Sunday dress and went to church. Nadia was a serious church girl, she didn't let her flatmate stay back at home.
After lunch they went to the movies, Sunday movies has always been something they do when they have money and they want to go out and enjoy themselves.
Days passed and Nadia kept on talking to Alex. They became very close to each other but she was still thinking of Greg. Even though he never called back again after that day,she still missed him and that hurts her a lot.
Ngozi knocked on Nadia's room door. Opened the door and entered her room.
"Babe where you dey?" Ngozi asked.
"I'm coming, I want to pee" Nadia replied.
"Be fast and come out jhor. Make sure you wash your hands".
"You are not serious Ngozi". Nadia came out after washing her hands.
"What's up na? When did you come back from work?".
"Babe I'm fine and tired.. Just got in about 30 minutes ago".
"Oh really that's great". Nadia said and sat down on her bed.
They started chatting and laughing until Ngozi brought a topic that Nadia hates a lot.
"Babe before i forget,Alhaji is in Lagos o".
"Which alhaji again?"
"You just love pretending a lot, Alhaji Yusuf na.. The man still insists on seeing you".
"Mtcheeeew so how's that my business if he is in town. Please Ngozi let's change the topic. I have told you so many times that I'm not interested in that old man".
"Babe what's your problem? This man loves you a lot and he will do anything to make you happy".
"Please Ngozi,I don't need his money. I have a good business. I have sent money to my family back at home and I used the remaining money to invest in my business.. So girlfriend I can take care of myself. You always have a way of spoiling my mood". Nadia said angrily.
"I'm sorry,I just wanted you to have a little income. Anyway alhaji bought some things from Dubai for you. He said you should go and collect them".
"Ngozi are you deaf? I said I'm not interested in him. You can have them if you want. Mtcheeeew". Nadia stormed out of her room.
Ngozi followed her to the sitting room and started begging her for forgiveness. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to get you angry".
"It's alright I'm good".
"Hmmm are you sure?" Ngozi came close and started tickling Nadia. Nadia has a weak spot for tickling and Ngozi knows that. It was not long before Nadia started laughing and screaming that Ngozi should stop. They ended up settling their small beef and Ngozi promised that she won't bring up the topic of Alhaji again.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: THE BLACKMAIL by leocollins(m): 3:44pm On Aug 25, 2017
onometee:
Hello everyone... A Dangerous Friend Chapter Two

CHAPTER TWO

On their way back from their Saturday outing,Nadia's phone started ringing,she checked the caller. It was an unknown number,she hesitated before answering the call.. It was Alexander Douglas calling her.
"Hello Naddy, how's your weekend going?"
"Hey Alex,my weekend is going well all thanks to you".
"Oh really,why did you say so?"
"I'm just happy today and I saw the big package you left".
"Oh now I understand, I'm happy you are okay with it. Although it is small,so please manage it".
"Did you call that big money small? Even I don't make such big amount of money everyday in my business".
"Hmmm interesting, so you have a business of your own? I thought you will be working like your friend too".
"Well white collar job couldn't favor me, so I had to start up a business.. I own a food store".
"Wow that's great,I'm happy to hear that..Anyway are you feeling much better now?"
"Yeah I am,thanks".
"You are welcome dear,anyway I'm out of town on business, this is my number so feel free to call me anytime, I'll be back next week".
They talked a bit and he hung up.
"Hmmm someone is beginning to fall in love o". Ngozi said.
"Babe leave me abeg, Alex is a nice guy and I just want to be his friend".
"I hear you". Ngozi said.
They got home and made dinner. They had pounded yam and egusi soup with beef.
On Sunday morning,they woke up early,had their bath,put on their Sunday dress and went to church. Nadia was a serious church girl, she didn't let her flatmate stay back at home.
After lunch they went to the movies, Sunday movies has always been something they do when they have money and they want to go out and enjoy themselves.
Days passed and Nadia kept on talking to Alex. They became very close to each other but she was still thinking of Greg. Even though he never called back again after that day,she still missed him and that hurts her a lot.
Ngozi knocked on Nadia's room door. Opened the door and entered her room.
"Babe where you dey?" Ngozi asked.
"I'm coming, I want to pee" Nadia replied.
"Be fast and come out jhor. Make sure you wash your hands".
"You are not serious Ngozi". Nadia came out after washing her hands.
"What's up na? When did you come back from work?".
"Babe I'm fine and tired.. Just got in about 30 minutes ago".
"Oh really that's great". Nadia said and sat down on her bed.
They started chatting and laughing until Ngozi brought a topic that Nadia hates a lot.
"Babe before i forget,Alhaji is in Lagos o".
"Which alhaji again?"
"You just love pretending a lot, Alhaji Yusuf na.. The man still insists on seeing you".
"Mtcheeeew so how's that my business if he is in town. Please Ngozi let's change the topic. I have told you so many times that I'm not interested in that old man".
"Babe what's your problem? This man loves you a lot and he will do anything to make you happy".
"Please Ngozi,I don't need his money. I have a good business. I have sent money to my family back at home and I used the remaining money to invest in my business.. So girlfriend I can take care of myself. You always have a way of spoiling my mood". Nadia said angrily.
"I'm sorry,I just wanted you to have a little income. Anyway alhaji bought some things from Dubai for you. He said you should go and collect them".
"Ngozi are you deaf? I said I'm not interested in him. You can have them if you want. Mtcheeeew". Nadia stormed out of her room.
Ngozi followed her to the sitting room and started begging her for forgiveness. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to get you angry".
"It's alright I'm good".
"Hmmm are you sure?" Ngozi came close and started tickling Nadia. Nadia has a weak spot for tickling and Ngozi knows that. It was not long before Nadia started laughing and screaming that Ngozi should stop. They ended up settling their small beef and Ngozi promised that she won't bring up the topic of Alhaji again.

nice one,keep it coming babe
Re: THE BLACKMAIL by ftosino(m): 3:49pm On Aug 25, 2017
9ce update.. but make the next one longer
Re: THE BLACKMAIL by Healer007: 3:57pm On Aug 25, 2017
shocked
Re: THE BLACKMAIL by onometee(f): 4:07pm On Aug 25, 2017
ftosino:
9ce update.. but make the next one longer

Lol yes sir
Re: THE BLACKMAIL by onometee(f): 4:10pm On Aug 25, 2017
CONTINUED

CHAPTER THREE

It was over a week already, Nadia was still talking to Alex, he will be back in a week. Nadia was still dragging Ngozi to church because she was always making up an excuse not to go to church.
Nadia's business was going well for her,thanks to the money that Alex gave her that she used in buying more goods for shop.
Alexander came back on Friday as he had promised and they decided to see each other. He invited her over to his place on Saturday to his mansion and offered to send his driver to come get her.
She wore a black high waist trouser,a pink crop top and a flat shoe.She was beginning to like him and wouldn't want to mess things up with him.
The driver got to Nadia's apartment and picked her up. When they got to his place,Nadia was in awe. Alex is such a simple man but his mansion definitely wasn't simple, it was a large house with about 5-6 exotic cars parked at every corner of the compound.
At first she almost thought it was a luxury hotel. There was an intercom at the gate with personal installed security service. The Interior decor was simple but exquisite and luxurious. A middle aged lady who she felt must be the maid,ushered Nadia into the sitting room and told her that her boss will join her soon. Nadia nodded her head and looked around the house. She brought out her Infinix phone and started taking pictures of the beautiful artworks and designs in the house.. I will definitely show them to Ngozi when I get home,she thought to herself.
Nadia was still looking at the paintings and artifacts when she saw Alex walking down the visible stairs connecting to the living room and ground floor.
"Hey beautiful, I can see that you are enjoying my beautiful artworks". he said smiling
"Yes I'm a lover of artworks and they are so beautiful. My dad was a guru when it comes to artworks and paintings" Nadia said
"Oh really? That's interesting, I'm a collector, I gather them whenever I travel out of the country and I have a friend who is an artist. Although he is currently in Italy but that one over there is my favorite,My friend sent it to me all the way from Italy" Alex said and pointed to the painting that had an old woman,an old man and 3 young men on it.
"Really?" She asked
'Yeah, amazing right?, My friend is a great artist". He said.
"Wow I'm really impressed. But who are they?" Nadia asked but she recognized one of the boys as Alex.
"Oh they are my family. My Dad,My Mum,Me & My siblings".
"Are you serious? That's so beautiful but where are they?"
"They are all living in Canada. My two brothers schools there and they are both staying with my parents. My mom is a medical doctor while my dad is enjoying his retirement from the world of business".
"Wow this is interesting". Nadia said as she was beginning to appreciate the painting. Then he turned,hugged and kissed her so tight that it felt so good. Nadia can't really remember the last time someone kissed her.
"I missed you so much my pretty princess". Alex said.
"Really? I missed you too". Nadia said blushing.
"Let's go upstairs, hope you don't mind having dinner on the balcony, the maid prepared something delicious and the table is set already".
"Sure,I'm really hungry". Nadia laughed.
There was so much food on the table,she was confused . She decided to have Fried rice,chicken and fried plantains.
"What's on your mind dear?"
"Uhmmm, nothing, never mind".
"Come on you can talk to me".
"So you live here alone?" Nadia asked.
"Yeah" he said.
"I'm sorry, so what do you do?".
He laughed and said "I knew you were going to ask me that and I get that question a lot too. Anyway I own a number of companies that my aged dad owns but he retired about 2 years ago. I'm the eldest son with two younger ones and they are both in school My father was a great business man, he owned so many companies and shopping malls all over Nigeria and Canada. You must have come across few, right now I've sold some,merged others, so I can reduce the burden on me, I want to have a peaceful Iife besides he has made enough money for my generation".
"So how old are you?"
"I clocked 30 about 4 months ago".
They talked at length while they were having their dinner,they got along so well. Nadia told him all about her family, she was so open up about her life to him but she kept regretting that he was married as she was beginning to like him and imagining if he was good in bed. The last time she had sex 2 years ago when Greg was still in Nigeria.
They decided to watch tv in his bedroom after she refused to take a quick night swim. The weather was a bit chill and she wasn't prepared for a swim. They tried to watch a movie but they were gisting the whole time so they decided to watch trace tv and analyse/beef all the musicians.
Nadia's phone rang and it was Greg calling. What does he want now? Nadia thought.
She didn't take the call but it kept ringing so she excused herself and went outside of the room to answer him.
"What do you want Greg?, I've told you to stop calling me, I thought we broke up na".
"Baby please listen to me. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. I didn't mean for it to happen. Please just forgive me".
"Look Greg ,please stop it. why are you interested in me all of a sudden? You cheated on me so many times. You stopped calling me,refused picking mine and warned me never to call you again. Please Greg leave me alone,I have moved on with my life".
"Honey please listen to me I regret everything I've done to you, I will dedicate the rest of my life proving to you that you are the love of my life".
"Greg oh I'm now the love of your life abi? What about that bitch that picked my call the day I called you? You thought I didn't hear what you told her to tell me abi. Please let me be".
"Baby it's me you are talking to like this, when did you become this heartless, you used to love me, you used to worship the ground I walk on, what has gotten into you?".

4 Likes

Re: THE BLACKMAIL by rosalieene(f): 5:20pm On Aug 25, 2017
following
Re: THE BLACKMAIL by Ebydarling: 7:37pm On Aug 25, 2017
That's nice. You are doing well so far.
Re: THE BLACKMAIL by rchilee: 9:03pm On Aug 25, 2017
Cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Soyinka: Much Ado About Plane Seats By Deji Yesufu / Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 88th Birthday Today / Chinua Achebe Signing A Copy Of His Book 'Anthills Of Savanna' (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.