Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

You Have A Great Destiny In God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Have A Great Destiny In God (1857 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / Nothing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Have A Great Destiny In God by PastorAde: 2:58pm On Feb 19, 2010
[center]YOU HAVE A GREAT DESTINY IN GOD[/center]

The word of the Lord came to me saying, Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart, I appointed you as prophet to the nations (Jeremiah 1: 4-5, emphasis added).

Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.” So God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him, male and female He created them (Genesis 1: 26-27)

But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God. You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give Him the name Jesus. He will be great and will be the Son of the Most High. The Lord will give Him the throne of His father David, and He will reign over the house of Jacob forever; His kingdom will never end (Luke 1: 30-33)

But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man (Saul, later Paul) is my chosen instrument to carry my Name before the Gentiles and their kings and before the people of Israel. I will show him how much he must suffer for my Name.” (Acts 9: 15, emphasis added)

God has a great destiny for every man and woman born into this world. Take, for example, prophet Jeremiah in the first Scriptures above. God knew him before he was formed in the womb. Before he was born, he was set apart and appointed a prophet to the nations. Jeremiah’s great destiny was fulfilled. As God said, he became a prophet to the nations. He wrote the book of Jeremiah in the Bible.

The second Scriptures above from the book of Genesis apply to every male and female on earth. As a prototype, God made Adam and Eve and put them in the Garden of Eden with a great destiny to rule over lesser creatures and over all the earth. For a little while Adam walked in this great destiny until the serpent i.e. the devil came into the Garden to steal, to kill and to destroy this great destiny through deception. Adam disobeyed God’s earlier command not to eat of the forbidden fruit. Due to this act of disobedience, sin entered into the world and all of Adam’s offspring were contaminated with sin. Thus, all sinned and came short of the glory of God.

The birth of Jesus the second Adam was prophesied in the third passage above. He came into the world as a replacement for the first Adam who fell as a result of satan’s deception. He too was tempted in like manner by the devil and He overcame all the temptation and deception of satan. Where Adam failed, He succeeded. He fulfilled His great destiny of being the Savior of the world by becoming obedient unto death even the death on the cross of Calvary. He shed His precious blood to redeem humanity from sin, sickness and satan. God raised Him up on the third day and later ascended to heaven to sit on the right hand of God, having been given all power in heaven and on earth.

In the fourth passage above, the Lord had mercy on Paul who before his conversion was a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man. Having been saved and washed in the blood of Jesus, notice the Lord described him by his great destiny – “Paul is My chosen instrument to carry My Name before the Gentiles and their Kings and before the people of Israel.” By the grace of God, Paul fulfilled his great destiny.

And now, let’s talk about you dear reader. God has a great destiny for you. You are not on this earth by mistake. You are not a child of evil circumstance. God created you in His image and has great plans for you. Hear this word of God concerning you: “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11). Do you believe these words? No matter the circumstance you find yourself now, yes, no matter how low you have gone, God is able to lift you up only if you’ll make up your mind and return in repentance back to God your Creator. He’s a loving Creator and no matter the sins you have committed, if you repent God will blot out your sins and make you whiter than snow in the blood of Jesus Christ. Your great destiny is waiting to be fulfilled. But it can only be fulfilled as you return, repent and receive forgiveness through the blood of Jesus Christ. Will you receive grace to fulfill your great destiny? If your answer is yes, pray this prayer out loud: Lord Jesus, come into my heart, wash away my sins. I confess you as my Lord and Savior. I receive your grace to fulfill my great destiny, in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

For enquiries and counseling, call, write or email: Prevailing Word & Prayer Ministries Inc. P.O.Box 11875, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria. Tel. 2348033155417. E-mail: josey500@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

My Rapture "warning" Dream Early This Morning! / Will Animals Go To Heaven? / Recognise The False Prophets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.