Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,364 members, 7,808,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

Spirits Of The Dead: Do They Speak And Hear? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spirits Of The Dead: Do They Speak And Hear? (1209 Views)

BEWARE ! :the Spirit Of Stagnation Is Connected To The Spirits Of Fear And Shame / Re: Why Don't We See Christians Interprete Tongues As Much As they Speak It? / Ghanaian Pastor Obinim Delivers Pamela Odame From ‘spirits Of Dwarfs (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spirits Of The Dead: Do They Speak And Hear? by DoctorAlien(m): 4:27pm On Aug 24, 2017
To introduce this subject, we must find the answer to one great, basic question. If we can answer it correctly, all the other questions about death and the soul will open up like flowers in the sun. The really important issue is this: What kind of inherent nature does man possess? How did God create him? Does he have a mortal nature or an immortal nature? According to the dictionary, the word “mortal” means “subject to death,” and the word “immortal” means “not subject to death.” Simply stated then, we are asking whether God created man with a nature that could die or with the power of an endless life.
Re: Spirits Of The Dead: Do They Speak And Hear? by DoctorAlien(m): 4:30pm On Aug 24, 2017
Click on the link below to find 100% biblical answers to this and many more like important questions about life, soul, death and the spirit of the dead.

https://www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/book/e/48/t/spirits-of-the-dead

Cc: Ubenedictus, easymancfc

1 Like

Re: Spirits Of The Dead: Do They Speak And Hear? by easymancfc(m): 4:35pm On Aug 24, 2017
DoctorAlien:
Click on the link below to find 100% biblical answers to this and many more like important questions about life, soul, death and the spirit of the dead.

https://www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/book/e/48/t/spirits-of-the-dead

Cc: Ubenedictus, easymancfc

I have seen all your adventist quotes from the job and psalm etc to support your views and I have refuted them many times so thanks but no thanks... p.s. only Adventist and Jehovah's witnesses and a handful of others believe that... 90% of Christians don't believe in that..
Re: Spirits Of The Dead: Do They Speak And Hear? by DoctorAlien(m): 4:53pm On Aug 24, 2017
easymancfc:

I have seen all your adventist quotes from the job and psalm etc to support your views and I have refuted them many times so thanks but no thanks... p.s. only Adventist and Jehovah's witnesses and a handful of others believe that... 90% of Christians don't believe in that..

You refuted verses from the Bible? That's wonderful. Why don't you post your "refutations" to all the points made in the article for all to see?

Majority has been wrong most of the time. That a large number of people believes it does not make it correct.

2 Likes

Re: Spirits Of The Dead: Do They Speak And Hear? by easymancfc(m): 5:02pm On Aug 24, 2017
DoctorAlien:

You refuted verses from the Bible? That's wonderful. Why don't you post your "refutations" to all the points made in the article for all to see?

Majority has been wrong most of the time. That a large number of people believes it does not make it correct.

I didn't refute the Bible.. I refuted your interpretations and presentation of it as "proof" for your beliefs... I don't have to.. I can point you to Many Christian sites that have...

You're right.. majority can be wrong... but the fact remains that most times the minority are mostly wrong... 99% of the time.. In the case.. the minority is rightly wrong...

1 Like

Re: Spirits Of The Dead: Do They Speak And Hear? by DoctorAlien(m): 5:18pm On Aug 24, 2017
easymancfc:

I didn't refute the Bible.. I refuted your interpretations and presentation of it as "proof" for your beliefs... I don't have to.. I can point you to Many Christian sites that have...

You're right.. majority can be wrong... but the fact remains that most times the minority are mostly wrong... 99% of the time.. In the case.. the minority is rightly wrong...

Why don't you post your refutations to the points made in the article which are 100% backed with Scripture?

Actually, majority has been wrong 99% of the time, especially in matters concerning religion.
Re: Spirits Of The Dead: Do They Speak And Hear? by easymancfc(m): 5:36pm On Aug 24, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Why don't you post your refutations to the points made in the article which are 100% backed with Scripture?

Actually, majority has been wrong 99% of the time, especially in matters concerning religion.

Its tedious... time is a factor I don't have in excess.. But rest assured.. I know all your arguments..

Like I said.. I will point you to articles... am sure you didn't write the article.. So I don't have to refute your article point by point.. I don't have the time right now
Re: Spirits Of The Dead: Do They Speak And Hear? by DoctorAlien(m): 5:38pm On Aug 24, 2017
easymancfc:

Its tedious... time is a factor I don't have in excess.. But rest assured.. I know all your arguments..

Like I said.. I will point you to articles... am sure you didn't write the article.. So I don't have to refute your article point by point.. I don't have the time right now

You can try to evade the truth all you want but surely others will come in contact with it, and will by it be delivered from the bondage and befuddlement of falsehood.
Re: Spirits Of The Dead: Do They Speak And Hear? by easymancfc(m): 5:43pm On Aug 24, 2017
DoctorAlien:

You can try to evade the truth all you want but surely others will come in contact with it, and will by it be delivered from the bondage and befuddlement of falsehood.

So because I don't have time to go through your lengthy article point by point I am evading truth
LOL...

you can believe that if it makes you feel better...

Like I said, I will gladly point you to articles all you have to do is ask...
Re: Spirits Of The Dead: Do They Speak And Hear? by Splinz(m): 6:10pm On Aug 24, 2017
easymancfc:

...90% of Christians don't believe in that..

More correctly put: "90% of CHURCHIANITY don't believe it".

Of course, right. I mean, not that you guys believe the Bible anyway, as yours has always been: "...teaching for doctrines the commandments of MEN (Mark 7:7). Just mere silly fabrications that stands no Bible scrutiny. But you see, the number on your side doesn't matter at all. What matters is that the word of God is sure, and His true believers believes and hear them.

Or have you not heard that the way of salvation is not found by many but a tiny few? (Matthew 7:14). Go ahead, claim even 99%. Again I tell you: IT MATTERS NOT AT ALL.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spirits Of The Dead: Do They Speak And Hear? by DoctorAlien(m): 6:14pm On Aug 24, 2017
Splinz:

Of course, right. I mean, not that you guys believe the Bible anyway, as yours has always been "...teaching for doctrines the commandments of MEN (Mark 7:7). Just mere silly fabrications that stands no Bible scrutiny. But you see, the number on your side doesn't matter at all. What matters is that the word of God is sure, and His true believers believes and hear them.

Or have you not heard that the way of salvation is not found by many but a tiny few? (Matthew 7:14). Go ahead, claim even 99%. Again I tell you: IT MATTERS NOT AT ALL.

Succinct.
Re: Spirits Of The Dead: Do They Speak And Hear? by easymancfc(m): 6:19pm On Aug 24, 2017
Splinz:

Of course, right. I mean, not that you guys believe the Bible anyway, as yours has always been: "...teaching for doctrines the commandments of MEN (Mark 7:7). Just mere silly fabrications that stands no Bible scrutiny. But you see, the number on your side doesn't matter at all. What matters is that the word of God is sure, and His true believers believes and hear them.

99 % of Christians believe Jesus is God.. believe he came to die for our sins... So because many believe it.. it is wrong according to your quoting of mat 7:14...

LOL... we don't believe the bible? I leave you to your ignorance
Re: Spirits Of The Dead: Do They Speak And Hear? by DoctorAlien(m): 6:30pm On Aug 24, 2017
easymancfc, how can anyone claim that the catholic church believes the Bible in the light of these quotes?

"The Pope is of great authority and power that he can modify, explain, or interpret even divine laws... The Pope can modify divine law, since his power is not of man, but of God, and he acts as vicegerent of God upon earth." (Lucius Ferraris, Prompta Bibliotheca, "Papa", art. 2, translated)

"The authority of the Church could therefore not be bound to the authority of the Scriptures, because the church had changed the Sabbath into Sunday, not by command of Christ, but by it's own authority." (Canon and Tradition. page 263)

"The doctrines of the Catholic Church are entirely independent of Holy Scripture." (Familiar Explanation of Catholic Doctrine. Rev. M Muller, page 151)

And then you remember the words of Jesus in Matt. 15:9 "But in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men"

2 Likes

Re: Spirits Of The Dead: Do They Speak And Hear? by easymancfc(m): 6:36pm On Aug 24, 2017
DoctorAlien:
easymancfc, how can anyone claim that the catholic church believes the Bible in the light of these quotes?

"The Pope is of great authority and power that he can modify, explain, or interpret even divine laws... The Pope can modify divine law, since his power is not of man, but of God, and he acts as vicegerent of God upon earth." (Lucius Ferraris, Prompta Bibliotheca, "Papa", art. 2, translated)

"The authority of the Church could therefore not be bound to the authority of the Scriptures, because the church had changed the Sabbath into Sunday, not by command of Christ, but by it's own authority." (Canon and Tradition. page 263)

"The doctrines of the Catholic Church are entirely independent of Holy Scripture." (Familiar Explanation of Catholic Doctrine. Rev. M Muller, page 151)

This is not about the Catholic Church... its about if the dead can hear or not... So let's answer the question on ground...

You can open a thread for that later.. and it will be addressed..
Re: Spirits Of The Dead: Do They Speak And Hear? by easymancfc(m): 6:50pm On Aug 24, 2017
Can the dead speak or hear? In Luke 16 Jesus tells us what happened to the dead in a parable, when the rich man and Lazarus died… and in his parable, they are:
1. Conscious
2. They can speak and hear
3. They are definitely not asleep
Now Adventists and others who support soul sleep will say that this is just a parable that the words are symbolic… that may be true.. but that doesn’t mean the elements there mentioned or the story itself is not true.. Jesus used truths that the Jews are familiar with to teach them in parables
Lets look at some parables of Jesus..
1. 10 virgins (wise and foolish)… in jewish marriages as with other customs… virgins wait with the bride for the arrival of the groom…
2. Lost sheep, prodigal son… lost sheep and prodigal son are real life issues.. not just stuff of parables or symbolic things..
3. The talents…. There are real masters and reals servants and situations like that do happen. Faithful and unfaithful servants really exist
4. Yeast that leavens….. yeast actually leavens bread and that is not only true in parables
5. the Wise servant… the servant, the debtors, the master are taken from real life characters..
6. Wheat and the tares… farms are real, enemies are real… weeds among plants till harvest are real..
JESUS ALWAYS USES TRUTH IN ALL HIS PARABLES, SO THE RICH MAN AND LAZARUS BEING CONSCIOUS MUST BE TRUTH BECAUSE JESUS DOESN’T LIE… …
Re: Spirits Of The Dead: Do They Speak And Hear? by Splinz(m): 6:53pm On Aug 24, 2017
easymancfc:

99 % of Christians believe Jesus is God.. believe he came to die for our sins... So because many believe it.. it is wrong according to your quoting of mat 7:14...

As usual, a warp presentation.

Apparently, you never get it and I wonder when? If you were diligent enough or even remotely knowledgeable about the Scriptures, you would have known that it is not about the NUMBER--in your twisted attempt here, of those who believed these things, either, for even the demons believes (James 2:19). Does it mean the demons too are saved?

easymancfc:

LOL... we don't believe the bible? I leave you to your ignorance

Sorry, I don't think I'm ready for your comic relief.
Re: Spirits Of The Dead: Do They Speak And Hear? by easymancfc(m): 6:59pm On Aug 24, 2017
Splinz:

As usual, a warp presentation.

Apparently, you never get it and I wonder when? If you were diligent enough or even remotely knowledgeable about the Scriptures, you would have known that it is not about the NUMBER--in your twisted attempt here, of those who believed these things, either, for even the demons believes (James 2:19). Does it mean the demons too are saved?

Sorry, I don't think I'm ready for your comic relief.

We are not talking about being saved here... we are talking about what is true... The demons believe it because it is true...

Besides.. I don't need to believe in your soul sleep to be saved... The essentials are belief in Christ, repentance, baptism and perseverance.. Whether the dead are conscious.. which they are is not a criteria for salvation..
Re: Spirits Of The Dead: Do They Speak And Hear? by DoctorAlien(m): 7:23pm On Aug 24, 2017
easymancfc:

This is not about the Catholic Church... its about if the dead can hear or not... So let's answer the question on ground...

You can open a thread for that later.. and it will be addressed..

Rev. M Muller says that the doctrines of your church are independent of the Holy Scriptures, and I believe you agree with him. How then can you claim to have a biblical basis for the consciousness of the dead, when, as a doctrine of the Catholic church, it is independent of the Holy Scriptures, according to Rev. M Muller?

1 Like

Re: Spirits Of The Dead: Do They Speak And Hear? by easymancfc(m): 7:30pm On Aug 24, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Rev. M Muller says that the doctrines of your church are independent of the Holy Scriptures, and I believe you agree with him. How then can you claim to have a biblical basis for the consciousness of the dead, when, as a doctrine of the Catholic church, it is independent of the Holy Scriptures, according to Rev. M Muller?

1. Rev Muller is not the Authority.. The Bible is..

2. Your Rev Muller is wrong.. All Catholic doctrine s are either implicitly or explicitly found in scripture..

3. According to the Bible.. the dead are conscious...

4. It is not just a catholic doctrine.. Almost all Christians believe it.

5. Don't use the Catholic church to hide.. your soul sleep heresy is rightly condemned by non and anti catholic denominations also..
Re: Spirits Of The Dead: Do They Speak And Hear? by DoctorAlien(m): 7:37pm On Aug 24, 2017
easymancfc:

1. Rev Muller is no the Authority.. The Bible is..

2. Your Rev Muller is wrong.. All Catholic doctrine s are either implicitly or explicitly found in scripture..

3. According to the Bible.. the dead are conscious...

4. It is not just a catholic doctrine.. Almost all Christians believe it.

5. Don't use the Catholic church to hide.. your soul sleep heresy is rightly condemned by non and anti catholic denominations also..

My Rev. M Muller? grin cheesy Is he no longer representing the catholic church?
Re: Spirits Of The Dead: Do They Speak And Hear? by easymancfc(m): 7:47pm On Aug 24, 2017
DoctorAlien:

If he says Catholic doctrine is independent of scripture... then he doesn't represent the Catholic church.. I don't know where you culled that quote from.. but if he said that then he is misrepresenting the Church..

YOU ARE USING THE CATHOLIC CHURCH TO DODGE THE QUESTION AT HAND... CAN THE DEAD SPEAK OR HEAR??
Re: Spirits Of The Dead: Do They Speak And Hear? by easymancfc(m): 7:48pm On Aug 24, 2017
DoctorAlien:

YOU ARE USING THE CATHOLIC CHURCH TO DODGE THE QUESTION AT HAND... CAN THE DEAD SPEAK OR HEAR??

Can the dead speak?? yes they can according to the bible...

Isaiah 14:9 Sheol beneath is stirred up
to meet you when you come,
it rouses the shades to greet you,
all who were leaders of the earth;
it raises from their thrones
all who were kings of the nations.
10 All of them WILL SPEAK
and say to you:
‘You too have become as weak as we!
You have become like us!’
Re: Spirits Of The Dead: Do They Speak And Hear? by DoctorAlien(m): 7:50pm On Aug 24, 2017
easymancfc:

If he says Catholic doctrine is independent of scripture... then he doesn't represent the Catholic church.. I don't know where you culled that quote from.. but if he said that then he is misrepresenting the Church..

NO THEY CAN'T. MY FULL ANSWER IS CONTAINED IN THE ARTICLE WHICH YOU ARE AFRAID OF READING.
Re: Spirits Of The Dead: Do They Speak And Hear? by easymancfc(m): 8:05pm On Aug 24, 2017
DoctorAlien:

NO THEY CAN'T. MY FULL ANSWER IS CONTAINED IN THE ARTICLE WHICH YOU ARE AFRAID OF READING.

I have read your article... and its false... quoting Job and ecclesiastics etc wrongly.. If its articles you want them we can go the article way..
Re: Spirits Of The Dead: Do They Speak And Hear? by DoctorAlien(m): 8:17pm On Aug 24, 2017
easymancfc:

I have read your article... and its false... quoting Job and ecclesiastics etc wrongly.. If its articles you want them we can go the article way..

Amnotunderstanding. Did the article remove or add words to the Bible verses which it quoted? How did the article quote Job and Ecclesiastes etc wrongly?

1 Like

Re: Spirits Of The Dead: Do They Speak And Hear? by easymancfc(m): 8:26pm On Aug 24, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Amnotunderstanding. Did the article remove or add words to the Bible verses which it quoted? How did the article quote Job and Ecclesiastes etc wrongly?

You dont need to remove or add words to misinterpret...
Let's do it this way.. I don't have strength for quoting and typing.. So quote the passages for me ... and I will point out the error in exegeses..
Re: Spirits Of The Dead: Do They Speak And Hear? by easymancfc(m): 9:42pm On Aug 24, 2017
this is what other Christian sites have to say about your soul sleep doctrine including your "impartial and excellent" site...

http://www.bible.ca/d-death=sleep.htm

https://carm.org/soul-sleep?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C7762431838

https://www.gotquestions.org/soul-sleep.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C4349863025

https://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/don_stewart/don_stewart_127.cfm?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C9775796050

https://www.namb.net/apologetics/soul-sleep?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C1147952646

All of these are what Other Christian groups say..

you say the doctrine is false because it comes from the Catholic church but non of the sites above are catholic
Re: Spirits Of The Dead: Do They Speak And Hear? by Kobojunkie: 3:00am On Apr 13, 2023
DoctorAlien:
■ To introduce this subject, we must find the answer to one great, basic question. If we can answer it correctly, all the other questions about death and the soul will open up like flowers in the sun. The really important issue is this: What kind of inherent nature does man possess? How did God create him? Does he have a mortal nature or an immortal nature? According to the dictionary, the word “mortal” means “subject to death,” and the word “immortal” means “not subject to death.” Simply stated then, we are asking whether God created man with a nature that could die or with the power of an endless life.
1. God made it clearly known in Genesis 2 vs 6 -7 & then Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22 that indeed, Man was created a mortal being from his inception. Jesus Christ affirmed God's Truth in John 3 vs 1-8 when He assured those listening tha the only life a man knows from his mother's womb is a physical life which ends which His journey in this physical world comes to end. undecided
Re: Spirits Of The Dead: Do They Speak And Hear? by Maynman: 4:52am On Apr 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. God made it clearly known in Genesis 2 vs 6 -7 & then Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22 that indeed, Man was created a mortal being from his inception. Jesus Christ affirmed God's Truth in John 3 vs 1-8 when He assured those listening tha the only life a man knows from his mother's womb is a physical life which ends which His journey in this physical world comes to end. undecided

Which god was talking in genesis?

(1) (Reply)

Natural Selection And Macroevolution / Islam Rulings On Fortune-teller / What If Christ's Teachings Were Used To Rule The World?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.