Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,072 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! (27725 Views)

What Was The Early Islamic Attitude Toward LGBTQ? / Roman Catholicism Is Idolatry And True Christianity Is Gnosis / Why I Want To Quit Catholicism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 12:49am On Nov 20, 2017
1Co_3:2  I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

Heb_5:12  For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
Heb_5:14  But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

(1Co 10:2)  And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

(1Co 10:3)  And did all eat the same spiritual meat;

(1Co 10:4)  And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

the meat that Jesus gives that endures to everlasting life is spiritual meat, it is faith - belief in Him
Joh 6:27  Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 1:11am On Nov 20, 2017
if you eat Jesus flesh - believe on Him, you have everlasting life

Joh 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
Joh 6:48 I am that bread of life.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Konquest: 1:51am On Nov 20, 2017
DoctorAlien:
Please click on the link below to see an excellent, impartial examination of the claims of the catholic church concerning the Bible.

www.bible.ca/cath-bible-attitude-towards.htm

Cc: Ubenedictus, easymancfc, analice107

1 Like

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by brocab: 8:00am On Nov 20, 2017
Anybody can read the bible, but without the spirit of the Lord the bible is just a book!
Catholicism claiming to have skills of excellence, impartial examination concerning the Bible, not having the Spirit, these are workers and braggers of righteousness like filthy rags before the Lord.
DoctorAlien:
Please click on the link below to see an excellent, impartial examination of the claims of the catholic church concerning the Bible.

www.bible.ca/cath-bible-attitude-towards.htm

Cc: Ubenedictus, easymancfc, analice107
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 11:58pm On Nov 20, 2017
rc's cannot understand the bible, who would have thought? smiley

Following are quotations from the Catholic Church which state that the Scriptures are not understandable:

"We must, therefore, conclude that the Scriptures alone cannot be a sufficient guide and rule of faith...because they are not of themselves clear and intelligible even in matters of the highest importance..." (Ibid., p. 73).

"Secondly, the Bible is not a clear and intelligible guide to all." (The Faith of Millions, p. 152).

As seen from the above, the Catholic Church claims that the Bible cannot be understood. It then declares that it alone is God's official interpreter to give the true meaning of the Bible.

read more here:

http://www.bible.ca/cath-bible-attitude-towards.htm#understand
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 12:00am On Nov 21, 2017
(Joh 6:47)  Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
(Joh 6:50)  This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.

eat of Jesus and not die = believe on Jesus and have everlasting life

1 Like

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Ubenedictus(m): 3:30pm On Nov 24, 2017
johnw74:

Jesus flesh is real food, figuratively speaking,
but you of course uben haven't a clue, and you think you eat Jesus physical flesh

if you have a problem with what brocab say's then ask him about it,
duh oh confused uben cheesy

you see yourself?

it is real food and figurative at the same time? don't you know figurative is the opposite if real.

it can't be real and figurative at the same time. chose one.

as for me, I agree with the Bible it is real not figurative.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 11:43pm On Nov 24, 2017
Ubenedictus:
you see yourself?

it is real food and figurative at the same time? don't you know figurative is the opposite if real.

you see yourself?

uben oh twister of words, you left out the word "speaking"

Jesus flesh is not real food and figurative food at the same time,
Jesus flesh is real food figuratively speaking

uben oh son of your father, who also loves to twist - lie

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 11:47pm On Nov 24, 2017
Ubenedictus:
you see yourself?

another lie, of course

now run away again, and come back in another four or five days with yet another ridiculous reply smiley
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 4:16am On Nov 25, 2017
Act_15:20  But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

the apostles taught not to eat - drink blood,
but rc's claim they drink the literal blood of Christ

the apostles also taught to abstain from the pollution of idols,
so yes, satan's church love their idols also,
if it's in the bible, then rc's in many cases will do the opposite
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Ubenedictus(m): 1:55pm On Nov 25, 2017
brocab:
Uben what is wrong with you, are you lying through your teeth once more, every time you are loosing an argument, to try and lay your guilt elsewhere, again it's me, fight your own battles.
I don't re-core I have ever spoken to you on this subject? As you claim to be a man of God, stand as one, don't keep on crawling back to no mans land, a true man of God would explain himself to God. Repent Uben..
Take note, this is one of my old sayings I had written back in time>Keep on lying-you will keep on dying..
must have mixed ur username with that of johnw7. sorry it's a mistake.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 11:00pm On Nov 25, 2017
Ubenedictus:

Jesus said his flesh is real not figurative food and we should eat it.

brocab johnw74 say no don't eat it

weldone

of course Jesus flesh is real,
and he said eat thereof and live forever,
and you uben haven't a clue what that means,
you think you have to literally eat Jesus to live forever, ha ha such a duh

(Joh 6:47) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
(Joh 6:50) This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by brocab: 11:14pm On Nov 25, 2017
Forgiven!
Ubenedictus:
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 2:41am On Nov 26, 2017
Ubenedictus:

1Co_14:33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 3:00am On Nov 26, 2017
uben, you are the best witness against the false rcc sect ever cheesy
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 10:43pm On Nov 27, 2017
uben, you have defended the rcc stance on having idols, you said idols have been dug up which you claimed belonged to christians,

so because others sin, you uben think it's alright for you to sin, ha ha

Act_15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

also the apostles taught not to drink blood, they understood what Jesus meant when he said His blood is food

rc's however understand next to nothing, uben you also make a big deal of the rcc putting the books of the bible together into one book, and yet the rcc don't even understand the bible, cheesy which is made perfectly clear from your posts and by others:

"We must, therefore, conclude that the Scriptures alone cannot be a sufficient guide and rule of faith...because they are not of themselves clear and intelligible even in matters of the highest importance..." (Ibid., p. 73).

"Secondly, the Bible is not a clear and intelligible guide to all." (The Faith of Millions, p. 152).

As seen from the above, the Catholic Church claims that the Bible cannot be understood. It then declares that it alone is God's official interpreter to give the true meaning of the Bible.

read more here:

http://www.bible.ca/cath-bible-attitude-towards.htm#understand
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Ubenedictus(m): 9:08pm On Nov 28, 2017
johnw74:

of course Jesus flesh is real,
and he said eat thereof and live forever,
and you uben haven't a clue what that means,
you think you have to literally eat Jesus to live forever, ha ha such a duh

(Joh 6:47) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
(Joh 6:50) This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.

take all of you and eat it, this is my body.

my flesh is real food.

I am surprised you can't even seen what is before your every nose.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by budaatum: 10:04pm On Nov 28, 2017
MiddleDimension:

this is why atheism is perfect and good for me. Thank you for giving me another reason to feel confident in atheism.

Because you saw a thing you don't like, you refused to read on and therefore missed out in the powerful idea i presented therein. But we atheists are not like that. We go on and probe into areas that disagree with us. And so when we speak, we speak high inelligence of great power that forces our audience to respect us and ask us whay our name is. We are capable of things you guys are not capable of even with what you call faith.

And of course, i am in position to have a valid opinion on this matter. Sorry that you can't force me out of this thread. If you don't read it, millions of people around around the world are reading, and their minds will be shaped anyway. So you are free to ignore me if you want.
For they fear that if they eat of the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil they shall surely die!

1 Like

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by budaatum: 10:52pm On Nov 28, 2017
blackbriar:

YES SHE WAS SO MUCH BLESSED BY GOD TO BE THE MOTHER OF HIS SON...THAT IS BEEN FULL OF GRACE.
"But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?"

1 Like

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 11:11pm On Nov 28, 2017
Ubenedictus:

take all of you and eat it, this is my body.

my flesh is real food.

I am surprised you can't even seen what is before your every nose.

uben, i'm certinally not suprised you cannot see that Jesus was speaking figuratively
when He said eat my flesh, you neither understand or believe the bible, and are as duh as can be

God said through the apostles not to drink blood, but you uben claim Jesus told the apostles to literally drink His blood
Act_15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

of course you uben follow the teachings of your god through the rcc in loving idols as well

Joh 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
Joh 6:48 I am that bread of life.

Jesus is not literal bread, but you uben believe you literally eat Him smiley

but uben you have been blinded, by your god who gives false beliefs to you through his church
2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Heb_2:9  But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God shoul taste death for every man.

Jesus didn't literally eat - taste death, He suffered it,
that's what is called speaking figuraqtively,
but you poor blinded uben who hasn't a clue would say, Jesus literally ate - tasted death smiley
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by brocab: 12:48am On Dec 24, 2017
Tomorrow is a day the Vatican Rome worships the Sun, while the rest of the believers see's the 25th is a day to celebrate the Son.
One day of the year, we celebrate the birth of Christ, the world celebrates Santa-it doesn't matter which day, Christ is born-it matters we recognise that Christ is alive in our hearts, souls and minds-now and forevermore.
Christmas is a day we celebrate with family and friends, some are strangers, some are hungry and poor, some in prison, sick, and lonely, today is a day to remember, through hardship we survived, our sorrows we managed, and our happiness, we made it. If you are alone go through the neighbourhoods, hit the streets, call in the hungry, the poor, and join with them today, and make this day your best day with the Lord..
{Matthew 22:9-10} So go to the main highways that lead out of the city, and invite to the wedding feast as many as you find.’ Those servants went out into the streets and gathered together all the people they could find, both bad and good; so the wedding hall was filled with dinner guests [sitting at the banquet table].But go out unto the streets and find as many as you can find and bring them into my place
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by brocab: 10:11pm On Dec 25, 2017
I pray the Lord will give us the abundance to bless others with more freedom to believe, I pray the lord will stop the world from ripping us off, I pray Pastors will stop collecting tithes and offerings, I pray the Lord will bring in the poor the hungry and the needy, and prosper them with food, clothing and love the believers who are dying in the Lord..
I pray the Lord will open up the hearts of the many millions who can encourage those who have walked away. I pray the Lord will anoint us, with His prosperity, He has installed for us abundantly-love our neighbour as the Lord had loved us-I encourage you, go out into the streets, seeking and find the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you.
The kingdom of God is like this? What you do for others, you have done it, for the Lord..

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

My Personal Encounter With Jesus On 8th June, 2019 / Is Sport Betting Truly A Sin? / Catholic Archdiocese Donates Relief Materials To Lagos Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.