Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,534 members, 7,808,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

3 Unusual Ways To Discover Your Talents - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 3 Unusual Ways To Discover Your Talents (11445 Views)

Unusual :- A Short Gay Story / Where To Discover The Pleasant Free Pictures For Blogs / Discover Your Purpose And Live A Purposeful Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Unusual Ways To Discover Your Talents by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 25, 2017
3 Unusual Ways To Discover Your Talents
By Johnspeak Uwangue (Motivational Speaker, Talent and Life Coach)

As a talent Coach, I can boldly state that talent discovery is the major challenge faced by people. Every week I receive an average of fifteen emails and about 80% of the questions being asked is on talent and purpose discovery. As easy as it may seem to discover one's talents, it hasn't been easy for so many people.
Some few years ago, while waiting to see a pastor friend of mine in Benin, I noticed a lady among us who was also on the waiting list. Immediately I saw her, something told me that I might know her somewhere. After thinking for a while, I realized that I was right. I knew her and her name popped out of my mind. I couldn't believe that I could still remember her after about sixteen years. I stood up from my seat, walked to her and called "Juliet" and to my amazement she turned. I was right after all. We both attended my first high school sixteen years ago. Even though we were in J.S.S 1 and had spent just two terms together before I left the school, I could still recognize her. We had both graduated from the University and was faced with the real world. I was already anchoring the motivation and entrepreneurship segment of a daily television program aired by the state television station while she was faced with the usual unemployment challenge experienced by most Nigerian graduates.

In my bid to assist her, we spoke about maximising her God given talents, and when I asked her if she has discovered any of her talents, she gave me the usual "I don't know if I have any talents" response. Our discussion was very lengthy but at the end it was worth every minute spent because the three unusual ways to discover our talents emanated from that meeting.

- You Easily Fall In Love With Them.

Juliet told me that as a kid she has always been in love with acting movies. Seeing actors, reading about them and their lifestyle entirely has always fascinated her and that made her to develop interest in acting. Some people fall in love with their fashion sense and that may mean that their talent may lie in any of the fashion and lifestyle business. Some people fall unusually in love with sports men and women, and that may mean that they have any of the athletical talents. As a young boy, I used to play football but was never madly in love with sports. It is possible to be madly in love with more than one, but you have to start with one.
After telling me about her love for actors and acting, I asked her some other questions which revealed some other unusual ways.

- You Dream About It
So many people can attest to this because they have probably seen themselves manifesting some talents in their dreams. I have seen myself writing motivational articles in my dream and I have also seen myself speaking motivational words to multitudes also. Some people have woken up with a song, while some have seen themselves rendering help to some particular people in their dreams. Those are strong pointers to our purpose and talents.
Juliet told me that she has sometimes seen herself acting in her dreams. Oftentimes, we have over spiritualized everything that when we dream of manifesting some talents in our dreams, we interpret them to mean bad omens. We should also understand that not all dreams are pointers to a particular talent we possess but dreams can be an Avenue of knowing those talents that God has deposited in us.

- You Stumble Into It
Life can take us to places to meet with people who can help us to discover or develop the talent(s) that are deposited in us. My plan was to meet with my pastor friend but life wanted me to meet with Juliet. After meeting with Juliet, I waited for hours but couldn't see the pastor. Later on, I realized that I didn't go there to meet with the pastor, life took me there to meet with Juliet, Some of us stumbled into what we are doing, but not intentionally. Because my purpose has to do with helping to solve complex issues, I have oftentimes stumble upon books that has helped me to develop my talents and also unintentionally meet people who have been battling with a particular issue that has defied ordinary reasoning.
Back then in school, I met a guy who's presently doing well in the comedy industry but developed his talents unintentionally. According to him, his plan was to study law but was given theatre arts as a course to study. That career path helped to develop and mould him to the fine comedian he is now.

Some of you reading this article never knew you'd come across an article like this on the Internet this beautiful day. You probably stumbled on it, and will soon realize that life made your path to cross with this piece. Sometime ago, I stumbled on a book on personal Consulting and that singular act of buying that book has proved to be one of the best decisions I've ever made. Life has a way of connecting us to places or people that will help maximize our talents, we shouldn't walk away from such opportunities.

Succeed You Must.

(c) Johnspeak Uwangue
Motivational Speaker, Talent and Life Coach.

For more enquiries or questions please send me an email to
Johnspeaklife@gmail.com

cc Lalasticlala

14 Likes

Re: 3 Unusual Ways To Discover Your Talents by MuyiRano(m): 7:07am On Aug 28, 2017
Good piece op.
I just found this
New word in the dictionary:
*Mayweather*: - to beat up, to discipline, to thrash mercilessly
For e.g, Liverpool Mayweathered Arsenal.
Meanwhile, I'm FTC for the first time since joining NL

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Unusual Ways To Discover Your Talents by Sirambassador(m): 7:07am On Aug 28, 2017
3 unusual ways grin

No wahala , talent must be discovered..

2 Likes

Re: 3 Unusual Ways To Discover Your Talents by thoollz: 7:07am On Aug 28, 2017
My talent is to be a Nigerian pastor. Hallelujah somebody

11 Likes

Re: 3 Unusual Ways To Discover Your Talents by campusflavour: 7:07am On Aug 28, 2017
Hunger is the best unusual talent discovery method or U go for a talent hunt.. Just joking
Re: 3 Unusual Ways To Discover Your Talents by Johngla(m): 7:08am On Aug 28, 2017
Re: 3 Unusual Ways To Discover Your Talents by sleeknick: 7:08am On Aug 28, 2017
What's with the skinny legged lady?

4 Likes

Re: 3 Unusual Ways To Discover Your Talents by BennyMM(f): 7:08am On Aug 28, 2017
It is true
Re: 3 Unusual Ways To Discover Your Talents by Elslim: 7:08am On Aug 28, 2017
NO 4.. SUFFER HEAD. let me explain further... e get as many Pickin go suffer soteee him natural talent go come de manifest because even d talent self don de suffer join for where Hm hide for man Pickin body

2 Likes

Re: 3 Unusual Ways To Discover Your Talents by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 28, 2017
The girl's pic is for what?

And the OP talked about Discovering Talent.. We can all see he doesn't yet know what he's talent is

Good Morning to all my fellow Nairalanders and wishing you another successful week ahead kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: 3 Unusual Ways To Discover Your Talents by Benekruku(m): 7:09am On Aug 28, 2017

4.) Seek consent from Orunmila, Ogun lakaye, and Esu laalu Ogiri oko!

2 Likes

Re: 3 Unusual Ways To Discover Your Talents by Factfinder1(m): 7:09am On Aug 28, 2017
How does the picture of this muscular girl relates to this post??

6 Likes

Re: 3 Unusual Ways To Discover Your Talents by magicminister: 7:09am On Aug 28, 2017
What if you no get talent?

1 Like

Re: 3 Unusual Ways To Discover Your Talents by ELpriist(m): 7:09am On Aug 28, 2017
nice....
Re: 3 Unusual Ways To Discover Your Talents by bjayx: 7:11am On Aug 28, 2017
Yinmu
Re: 3 Unusual Ways To Discover Your Talents by loadedvibes: 7:11am On Aug 28, 2017
Hunger is the most way to find way our talents

5 Likes

Re: 3 Unusual Ways To Discover Your Talents by princechiemekam(m): 7:11am On Aug 28, 2017
Ok
Re: 3 Unusual Ways To Discover Your Talents by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 28, 2017
magicminister:
What if you no get talent?
There is no human without one, even slay queens now realise slaying is a talent, if you disbelieve me go ahead and ask Kim Kardashian or Amber rose grin
Re: 3 Unusual Ways To Discover Your Talents by Damsman10(m): 7:12am On Aug 28, 2017
nice one op
Re: 3 Unusual Ways To Discover Your Talents by mmafhew(m): 7:13am On Aug 28, 2017
exactly. Nice write up
Re: 3 Unusual Ways To Discover Your Talents by Jostico: 7:13am On Aug 28, 2017
I have a dream, but it's all about actualization
Re: 3 Unusual Ways To Discover Your Talents by millionboi(m): 7:14am On Aug 28, 2017
Money very important

It gives u confidence
Re: 3 Unusual Ways To Discover Your Talents by hanastazia(f): 7:14am On Aug 28, 2017
ok
Re: 3 Unusual Ways To Discover Your Talents by cheta02(m): 7:16am On Aug 28, 2017
The post ended with a picture of a girl that has no relationship with what you posted there. Na wa o !
Re: 3 Unusual Ways To Discover Your Talents by Biodun1929(m): 7:17am On Aug 28, 2017
Elslim:
NO 4.. SUFFER HEAD. let me explain further... e get as many Pickin go suffer soteee him natural talent go come de manifest because even d talent self don de suffer join for where Hm hide for man Pickin body

LMAO! This is so true.

1 Like

Re: 3 Unusual Ways To Discover Your Talents by jfleece(m): 7:17am On Aug 28, 2017
As for me.. My God given talent is to make money..... Like a hit... Back to back.. That's my purpose in life.. I don't give a flying rats ass about anything else..

1 Like

Re: 3 Unusual Ways To Discover Your Talents by benueguy(m): 7:17am On Aug 28, 2017
Bros, is that lady looking for her talent?
Re: 3 Unusual Ways To Discover Your Talents by Franco93: 7:22am On Aug 28, 2017
I fell in love with making Money
I dream about making Money
I stumble to places where I can make Money
Is my talent Making Money? grin

2 Likes

Re: 3 Unusual Ways To Discover Your Talents by Nobody: 7:32am On Aug 28, 2017
My own talent is being rich
Buh i haven't discovered it yet
Re: 3 Unusual Ways To Discover Your Talents by RealEstateTek: 7:33am On Aug 28, 2017
Talent is useless without determination/hardwork, go figure.
Watch that video on Youtube that shows Hungrier/hardwork always win the battle: Talent Vs Hardwork.
If you know any politician or if you have access to any Government, don't dull. Contact the Company below, they have many Softwares and Proposals for politicians. Make your Mils by partnering with them. www.DaddyTechz.com

1 Like

Re: 3 Unusual Ways To Discover Your Talents by chicoMX(m): 7:35am On Aug 28, 2017
E be like say some people own na for virtual bet

(1) (2) (Reply)

Poems By Niyi Osundare / Roy Lan Uzoma, "My Nigerian Dream" Book Author (Photos) / Him, Her & I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.