Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

Share The Most Emotional Songs You Ever Heard. - Music/Radio (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Share The Most Emotional Songs You Ever Heard. (46375 Views)

Mention Two Best Nigerian Gospel Songs You Have Heard This Year / Top 10 Nigerian Songs You Should Have In Your Playlist / List Your Top 5 Best Love Songs You Can Leave On Repeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share The Most Emotional Songs You Ever Heard. by DJperdurabo: 12:22am On Sep 02, 2017
FILEBE:

Return to innocence is my favourite,. Though i haven't listened to much of their songs but this Return to innocence just have this place it strikes me whenever it's being play. The Chorus which was originally sang by an American Indian couple.

You want to feel the "Enigma" in Enigma? Then check out these titles;

Sadness (plus all remixes)
Callas Went Away
Mea Culpa (plus all its remixes)
Why
Gravity of Love
Rivers of Believe (in fact, this one, no comment!)
Dream of the Dolphin
Good-bye Milkyway
Knocking on Forbidden Doors

Should I continue?
Re: Share The Most Emotional Songs You Ever Heard. by FILEBE(m): 12:24am On Sep 02, 2017
Teeeg:
Are you happy now that i've created a playlist titled FILEBE? cheesy Pfft! Folk, country, soul and slow rocks are my preferred genres. Reason is the emboldened. They are soul-soothing! I have few of the songs you listed. I'll download the rest and let you know what i think about them.
In the meantime, check these out;

Burning Bridges - Glen Campbell
Calling You - Jeff Buckley
No Envy No Fear - Joshua Radin
I Can't Stop Loving You - Ray Charles
Old Flames Can't Hold A Candle - Dolly Parton
Tick Tock - Lemar
Me & Mrs Jones - Billy Paul
Mull Of Kintyre - Wings
ASA - Questions
Phil Collins - The Roof Is Leaking
Bring It Home To Me - Sam Cooke
Carry Me Through - Greg Laswell
Hotel California - Passenger (Cover)
Born Under A Bad Sign - Paul Rodgers (Cover)

Lol. I hope you like the songs. I have more, will put them here later. I have got all Joshua Radin's song. If you want to listen to some of these music you have to be in it to experience the best of it. Some of these songs have got a story around it. Like John Denver who sang leaving on a jet plane. He died in a plane crash.
Re: Share The Most Emotional Songs You Ever Heard. by FILEBE(m): 12:25am On Sep 02, 2017
DJperdurabo:

You want to feel the "Enigma" in Enigma? Then check out these titles;
Sadness (plus all remixes) Callas Went Away Mea Culpa (plus all its remixes) Why Gravity of Love Rivers of Believe (in fact, this one, no comment!) Dream of the Dolphin Good-bye Milkyway Knocking on Forbidden Doors
Should I continue?
Pls do.
Re: Share The Most Emotional Songs You Ever Heard. by DJperdurabo: 1:08am On Sep 02, 2017
FILEBE:

Pls do.

I will after you figure this out;

Listen to "The Long Highway" by Mark Knopfler and tell me what the man was singing about. If you're right on the money, I'll furnish you with the cream of the crop of new age songs from my over 5TB library of pristine music spanning multiple genres and years, you'll get a playlist that will make you see God sitting on the Great White Throne.

And I'll give you a song that for lack of a better term is just...ethereal. All this if you get the message in the song .

Don't cheat now!
Re: Share The Most Emotional Songs You Ever Heard. by FILEBE(m): 1:33am On Sep 02, 2017
DJperdurabo:

I will after you figure this out;

Listen to "The Long Highway" by Mark Knopfler and tell me what the man was singing about. If you're right on the money, I'll furnish you with the cream of the crop of new age songs from my over 5TB library of pristine music spanning multiple genres and years, you'll get a playlist that will make you see God sitting on the Great White Throne.

And I'll give you a song that for lack of a better term is just...ethereal. All this if you get the message in the song .

Don't cheat now!

Damn! The music is a nice emotional one. Seriously I am wondering why i have not heard about him. It gave me goosebumps seriously. I tried relating and finding a meaning to the song, i have just gave it a single listen and i rushed down here to tell you how good it is. He seems to be seeking the mercy of God on a journey or a path he doesn't know where it will lead him.
Re: Share The Most Emotional Songs You Ever Heard. by Nobody: 6:39am On Sep 02, 2017
DJperdurabo:

The "Enigma" has gone out of Enigma. As soon as Michael Cretu started experimenting with other structures depicting a marked departure from his Gregorian roots, things started falling apart.

In recent times, he's tried returning to the good 'ole Gregorian concept but alas, its too late.

Well, i didn't know about the emboldened till few minutes ago, but from what i read, he did say he wanted to explore other sounds from the different ends of the planet. Apparently it came with a price. Even though i have their discography, i'm on the third album (Le Roi Est Mort, Vive Le Roi).
Re: Share The Most Emotional Songs You Ever Heard. by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 02, 2017
FILEBE:

Lol. I hope you like the songs. I have more, will put them here later. I have got all Joshua Radin's song. If you want to listen to some of these music you have to be in it to experience the best of it. Some of these songs have got a story around it. Like John Denver who sang leaving on a jet plane. He died in a plane crash.

Out of the few i've downloaded, Whiskey Lullaby is my favourite and it's not even on repeat yet. The story behind it makes me want to find out every detail behind Jon Randall's zeitgeist while sharing what he'd been through with Bill Anderson. I do have some of Joshua Radin's songs. Few years ago, a friend visited and played Brand New Day from the Simple Times album. I liked it immediately. That was how i got the album.
About Leaving on a Plane, That's some creepy stuff. I hope he didn't predict his death like John Lennon did in Borrowed Time.
Re: Share The Most Emotional Songs You Ever Heard. by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 02, 2017
ADIEMUS:

I see...but why is ADIEMUS attributed to ALMIGHTY ENYA?

Did she sing her own version of ADIEMUS?

#REALLY CURIOUS

No, Enya never covered it. Being a prominent new age female vocalist probably caused the conflation.
Re: Share The Most Emotional Songs You Ever Heard. by DJperdurabo: 3:10pm On Sep 02, 2017
FILEBE:

Damn! The music is a nice emotional one. Seriously I am wondering why i have not heard about him. It gave me goosebumps seriously. I tried relating and finding a meaning to the song, i have just gave it a single listen and i rushed down here to tell you how good it is. He seems to be seeking the mercy of God on a journey or a path he doesn't know where it will lead him.

Mark Knopfler has been forever.

Do you know the band called Dire Straits? They did the worldwide hit "Brothers in Arms"-yep, you guessed right, he was the lead singer, writer and composer for the band, lead guitarist too (how did you find the way he plucked dem guitar strings? Haunting eh?) before going solo circa 1996. He's done multitude of movie scores, soundtracks and whatnot; even got a guitar designed specially for him by Fender.

You're not correct in relation to the gist in the song. Will give you another try. Listen deep, relate and think...the meaning when you get it will be so apparent you'd wonder why you didn't cue into it from the outset.
Re: Share The Most Emotional Songs You Ever Heard. by ADIEMUS(f): 4:30pm On Sep 02, 2017
Teeeg:

No, Enya never covered it. Being a prominent new age female vocalist probably caused the conflation.
But i have a version of Adiemus with Enya's vocals in it.
Enya and enigma to be precise.
Re: Share The Most Emotional Songs You Ever Heard. by Damzy624(m): 4:32pm On Sep 02, 2017
Re: Share The Most Emotional Songs You Ever Heard. by ADIEMUS(f): 4:40pm On Sep 02, 2017
DJperdurabo:

Nothing "Almighty" about Enya. She's a very good New Age/Folk artiste but that's just about it. Again, she was a victim of good timing; she burst on the scene when New Age music was just getting very strong acceptance by the mainstream. Talk about superb timing!

Wanna check out New Age artiste that will blow your mind, make you achieve nirvana without a sniff of coke or gulp of codeine? Then check out....nah! won't tell you!

Well I think ENYA is too good to be true.Imagine composing an amazing song with just la la la and the fact she lives alone in a castle gives me positive goose bumps 'cus I love mysterious people.

Honeypie,tell me.Will you?Really want to experience that nirvana stuff you talked about.
Re: Share The Most Emotional Songs You Ever Heard. by ADIEMUS(f): 4:43pm On Sep 02, 2017
Rick9:
Yes she did and she sang it better
yeah yeah she sure did Pal *cheers*

1 Like

Re: Share The Most Emotional Songs You Ever Heard. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 02, 2017
ADIEMUS:

But i have a version of Adiemus with Enya's vocals in it.
Enya and enigma to be precise.

I am very sure the title isn't Adiemus. Probably Age of Loneliness or Delerium
Re: Share The Most Emotional Songs You Ever Heard. by DJperdurabo: 5:01pm On Sep 02, 2017
ADIEMUS:

Well I think ENYA is too good to be true.Imagine composing an amazing song with just la la la and the fact she lives alone in a castle gives me positive goose bumps 'cus I love mysterious people.

Honeypie,tell me.Will you?Really want to experience that nirvana stuff you talked about.

Enya is a product of Clannad (an Irish folk/new age group comprising of her siblings) before she went solo.

Yes, her songs are inspirational New Age wise (but personally, they don't get me into the meditative phase (yes, I'm extremely deep and steeped in alternative spiritual or metaphysical thoughs) like some other really "deep" new age acts).

Some need weed, others heroine, tramadol or coca...all this individual needs is scintillating mind altering symphonies from gifted artists...gives me the high without the side effects that the other ish brings.

OK, let me help you with a fix.

Take one dose of Nash Didan-Jerusalem of Gold, mix it with 500mg of Clannad-Caide Sin Don Te Sin then wash it down with 1 litre of Fight Without Fear-Oliver Shanti. Make sure you don't OD now OK?

Hit me up for another fix when withdrawal symptoms sets in and remember not to fly too high.
Re: Share The Most Emotional Songs You Ever Heard. by FILEBE(m): 5:15pm On Sep 02, 2017
DJperdurabo:

Mark Knopfler has been forever.

Do you know the band called Dire Straits? They did the worldwide hit "Brothers in Arms"-yep, you guessed right, he was the lead singer, writer and composer for the band, lead guitarist too (how did you find the way he plucked dem guitar strings? Haunting eh?) before going solo circa 1996. He's done multitude of movie scores, soundtracks and whatnot; even got a guitar designed specially for him by Fender.

You're not correct in relation to the gist in the song. Will give you another try. Listen deep, relate and think...the meaning when you get it will be so apparent you'd wonder why you didn't cue into it from the outset.

"... Spare athough for the vagabond". I like that line. I could find solace in that when I have hit rock bottom. God forbid. May i ask u to help with the meaning. What came again is about a man who is dying. The song fits all solemn sober mood.
Re: Share The Most Emotional Songs You Ever Heard. by ADIEMUS(f): 5:54pm On Sep 02, 2017
DJperdurabo:

Enya is a product of Clannad (an Irish folk/new age group comprising of her siblings) before she went solo.

Yes, her songs are inspirational New Age wise (but personally, they don't get me into the meditative phase (yes, I'm extremely deep and steeped in alternative spiritual or metaphysical thoughs) like some other really "deep" new age acts).

Some need weed, others heroine, tramadol or coca...all this individual needs is scintillating mind altering symphonies from gifted artists...gives me the high without the side effects that the other ish brings.

OK, let me help you with a fix.

Take one dose of Nash Didan-Jerusalem of Gold, mix it with 500mg of Clannad-Caide Sin Don Te Sin then wash it down with 1 litre of Fight Without Fear-Oliver Shanti. Make sure you don't OD now OK?

Hit me up for another fix when withdrawal symptoms sets in and remember not to fly too high.

OK SIRE!!!!!
Re: Share The Most Emotional Songs You Ever Heard. by ADIEMUS(f): 6:09pm On Sep 02, 2017
Teeeg:

I am very sure the title isn't Adiemus. Probably Age of Loneliness or Delerium
You can make a research on it if you doubt me.
Re: Share The Most Emotional Songs You Ever Heard. by DJperdurabo: 6:32pm On Sep 02, 2017
FILEBE:

"... Spare athough for the vagabond". I like that line. I could find solace in that when I have hit rock bottom. God forbid. May i ask u to help with the meaning. What came again is about a man who is dying. The song fits all solemn sober mood.

Close but no cigars!

OK, here we go (you were close with the death theme though).

" Heard a bell being tolled before the break of day, heard my name being called, down the long highway..."

Jesus! Just that line gets me... I don't know...that gruffy, ,haunting , melancholic voice...

Now that first line is the answer to the riddle...its about life after death, he is being summoned to work the tunnel that ends with a bright light... The tunnel of death, the afterlife.

"...spare a thought for a vagabond..." Here he pleads for your prayers for his soul, a wandering and lost soul weighed down by the vicissitudes of this thing called life...he wonders if he has fought the good fight.

"Spirits call from way beyond, Lord I may not disobey..." These are contrite words from a penitent soul, deep, real deep ruminations.

More than just a song about death, it's the quest for redemption via daring death, a chance at life again, maybe with a loftier ideal this time around.

When you listen to songs such as this, it balances your outlook on life. Will take too long to break down the philosophy behind it but suffice it to say that after spinning the WizKids, Davidos, Major Lazars, Sean Pauls, Pitbulls, Machel Montanos, Konshens and a host of others, I "ground" myself with chimes such as this.

Now, for trying do take a sniff of this:

Deep Forest-Martha's Song.

P.S. The above is not the song I had chosen as the price for deciphering the song but, since you were close, I deemed it fit not to leave you hanging. Enjoy!
Re: Share The Most Emotional Songs You Ever Heard. by DJperdurabo: 6:40pm On Sep 02, 2017
ADIEMUS:

OK SIRE!!!!!

Now with regards to the topic, right now the most emotional song I'm feeling is "Just When I Needed You Most" by Randy VanWarmer (the original see, not the cloned ones like Dana Winners'). This is "right now".

Please don't ask me why as you may be want to do after listening to what Randy was talking about.
Re: Share The Most Emotional Songs You Ever Heard. by babatee90(m): 9:33pm On Sep 02, 2017
bsideboii:
Auto correct.

I get bro
Re: Share The Most Emotional Songs You Ever Heard. by FILEBE(m): 6:46am On Sep 03, 2017
DJperdurabo:

Close but no cigars!

" Heard a bell being tolled before the break of day, heard my name being called, down the long highway..."

Jesus! Just that line gets me... I don't know...that gruffy, ,haunting , melancholic voice...

Now that first line is the answer to the riddle...its about life after death, he is being summoned to work the tunnel that ends with a bright light... The tunnel of death, the afterlife.

"...spare a thought for a vagabond..." Here he pleads for your prayers for his soul, a wandering and lost soul weighed down by the vicissitudes of this thing called life...he wonders if he has fought the good fight.

"Spirits call from way beyond, Lord I may not disobey..." These are contrite words from a penitent soul, deep, real deep ruminations.

More than just a song about death, it's the quest for redemption via daring death, a chance at life again, maybe with a loftier ideal this time around.

When you listen to songs such as this, it balances your outlook on life. Will take too long to break down the philosophy behind it but suffice it to say that after spinning the WizKids, Davidos, Major Lazars, Sean Pauls, Pitbulls, Machel Montanos, Konshens and a host of others, I "ground" myself with chimes such as this.

P.S. The above is not the song I had chosen as the price for deciphering the song but, since you were close, I deemed it fit not to leave you hanging. Enjoy!
Re: Share The Most Emotional Songs You Ever Heard. by FILEBE(m): 7:13am On Sep 03, 2017
DJperdurabo:

Close but no cigars!

When you listen to songs such as this, it balances your outlook on life. Will take too long to break down the philosophy behind it but suffice it to say that after spinning the WizKids, Davidos, Major Lazars, Sean Pauls, Pitbulls, Machel Montanos, Konshens and a host of others, I "ground" myself with chimes such ash this.

Listened to Deep Forest-Martha's Song
I couldn't make out the language. Maybe Swedish. It not bad but i would have loved to hear what she is saying. Seriously, it didn't come close to The Long Highway. The feeling i get listening to such songs can't be described. It leaves you in your own world, face you with the realities. Takes you high and low. Strengthens and weakens you... Pls i beg, can u help me with more of something like The Long Highway?
Re: Share The Most Emotional Songs You Ever Heard. by DJperdurabo: 10:50am On Sep 03, 2017
FILEBE:

Listened to Deep Forest-Martha's Song
I couldn't make out the language. Maybe Swedish. It not bad but i would have loved to hear what she is saying. Seriously, it didn't come close to The Long Highway. The feeling i get listening to such songs can't be described. It leaves you in your own world, face you with the realities. Takes you high and low. Strengthens and weakens you... Pls i beg, can u help me with more of something like The Long Highway?

The language in Martha's song is Hungarian I think (a particular dialect that is not native to Hungary).

Hmmm, songs like Long Highway he needs (in the voice and mien of Yoda), "Don't Give Up" by Peter Gabriel he needs to check out.

Check out that song if you haven't already. Another song about regrets, failure, depression, hopelessness, resignation, true and unconditional friendship, belief and ultimately redemption. Very powerful!
Re: Share The Most Emotional Songs You Ever Heard. by danidee10(m): 5:18pm On Sep 06, 2017
Eberex:

I play their tracks and set my machine on "repeat all" till the next morning

Sorry for the late Reply, When you say "their tracks" How many tracks/Albums smiley
Re: Share The Most Emotional Songs You Ever Heard. by Eberex(m): 5:41pm On Sep 06, 2017
danidee10:

Sorry for the late Reply, When you say "their tracks" How many tracks/Albums smiley

2 albums. Their recent album is not complete yet
Re: Share The Most Emotional Songs You Ever Heard. by chygoz3(m): 5:57am On Sep 07, 2017
Eberex:

They've got a lot more than 2 albums:
-A head full of dreams
-A rush of blood to the head
-Ghost stories
-Mylo Xyloto
-Viva la vida
-X & Y
-Kaleidoscope (Just downloaded this)

And these are the ones I have. There are more.
Re: Share The Most Emotional Songs You Ever Heard. by larryxy1(m): 8:53am On Sep 07, 2017
Y'all should check out this free beat by xybeats..it is lit!
Follow this link to download it!
https://www.nairaland.com/4026409/free-beat-struck-prod-xy
Re: Share The Most Emotional Songs You Ever Heard. by danidee10(m): 2:29pm On Sep 07, 2017
Eberex:

I'll assume Ghost Stories and A head full of dreams....Both of them are Great, though my worst Album (if i had to choose) would be Mylo xyloto

I have all their Albums and EP's (From Safety EP) down to A head Full of Dreams

I thought i'd heard all their songs...Until i entered youtube and i discovered over 15 songs (that were never released) that i'd never heard before.

And i wonder why they never released them, because some of them are even better than those that were released.
Re: Share The Most Emotional Songs You Ever Heard. by Eberex(m): 6:08pm On Sep 07, 2017
danidee10:

I'll assume Ghost Stories and A head full of dreams....Both of them are Great, though my worst Album (if i had to choose) would be Mylo xyloto

I have all their Albums and EP's (From Safety EP) down to A head Full of Dreams

I thought i'd heard all their songs...Until i entered youtube and i discovered over 15 songs (that were never released) that i'd never heard before.

And i wonder why they never released them, because some of them are even better than those that were released.

I will stick to those two for now.
Re: Share The Most Emotional Songs You Ever Heard. by Lastking147(m): 11:48pm On Sep 29, 2017
KingOfThePay:
Wetin concern jakpa with emotions.. tongue

Currently have Dej loaf- No fear on replay
Damn! First time I see pesin wey like Dej for NL kisses Bruh #NoHomo

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Nigerian Music Videos With Highest Views On Youtube. / Yemi Alade – Kissing (Behind-the-scene Photos) / Chidinma Okeke - Friends (Music Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.