Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me (32925 Views)

Here Is How Airtel Is Making The Stay At Home Easier And Profitable For Everyone / How Airtel Nigeria Gives Out Your Phone Number To Others Without Notifying You / How Airtel Subscribes You To Their VAS Services Without Your Knowledge (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by MichaelBlake40: 1:46pm On Aug 26, 2017
lukman:
I was also scammed when i suscribed to their DOUBLE DATA OFFER #300 for 350MB + 350mb bonus... After the first 350mb was exhausted, all my browsers started showing me 'out of data'..I couldnt use the other bonus 350mb till date.They got me to suscribe by lieing about 100% bonus on my data. I chatted them up but they never replied.. Airtel na waoo
That one na lie o i enjoyed the plan
Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 26, 2017
dumo1:

smh! mine doesn't even last up to 9 days. i don't even use instagram with it o! just nairaland and facebook lite.
They don't give extra data, I think mtn last longer. But I heard mtn give 1gb for 1k, is that true?
Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by Slayer2: 1:48pm On Aug 26, 2017
armadeo:
If you are a heavy data user go for swift or smile of available where you are. The only initial cost is the modem after that n.a. die.

I use swift family plan. 5pm - 9a.m then 24/7 on weekends and public holidays. 64GB for 8k. I find it hard to exhaust. Now i do alternate months sef. So downloads can accumulate for a month.

You may also do the family plan 32gb roll over for the same amount.

All this phone people are thieves. My mtn is wack as hell

how fast is smile and swift? i heard they have poor network like glo...
Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by Ofemmanu1: 1:50pm On Aug 26, 2017
That's the way it is; the Govt, Telecos, NEPA, etc fucck us EVERYDAY!
You just move on.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 26, 2017
Rorachy:
They don't give extra data, I think mtn last longer. But I heard mtn give 1gb for 1k, is that true?
migrate to the mtn pulse plan and do 500 naira for 1GB for 1 week. thats what I use on mtn I am not too sure about the 1GB for 1k. I use more of airtel than mtn.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 26, 2017
dumo1:

migrate to the mtn pulse plan and do 500 naira for 1GB for 1 week. thats what I use on mtn I am not too sure about the 1GB for 1k. I use more of airtel than mtn.
Thats kinda expensive, I like to do monthly own.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by 9jatatafo(m): 1:56pm On Aug 26, 2017
bros look for boys to crack the mifi modem to universal and get another network. I sub to airtel and they said I have a bonus data of 75mb, I can't use it.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by salihu2nic: 1:57pm On Aug 26, 2017
My guy!
This is money staring at you in disguise. You have all the evidences needed to bring them to book.
My man in this recession with all the reasons airtel gave you.......you are still here. Get a lawyer. Sue her(airtel) for damages. Even if the issue is resolved now you can still go on with the legal issues. I am 100% sure u will win. It might take months/years but at the end you will smile home.
Tkia and act smart.

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 26, 2017
i was totally blocked from doing anything on my sim by airtel, simply because I got furious and shouted at d customer care representative, telling them y dy would be removing my airtime, for what I didn't subscribe for.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 26, 2017
Slayer2:

how fast is smile and swift? i heard they have poor network like glo...
if you live in Ogun state Pls don't go near smile, spectranet or swift. no single network bar there. just bought a spectranet mifi after the fucktards lied to me that it will work in Ogun state, I got home to use it, no network bar bit when I got to yaba the next day I put on the device and it was blazing fast.
In summary ask them if their signal strength is good in your vicinity before you decide to purchase one for use.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by mosesabiodun(m): 2:00pm On Aug 26, 2017
airtel!!!.....dey r 1 of a kind in incompetency nd lies...i still have a bonus of 1k plus on ma line,nd weneva i try callin,dey will tel me ma acc is 2 low 4 d call...airtel is useless
Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by mike070: 2:00pm On Aug 26, 2017
I'm in d same dilemma. I got an ad that if I load 1500 I will be given 6gb. Up till now nothjng happened. Aksk tried their double data stuff n nothing happened. Currently using their 1GB for 500 naira package called trybe n within 2 Days it's finished. I don't download any thing. Just Facebook n whatsapp n nairaland. Airtel is a big scam. I'm done with dem but mtn n glo is no better. Naija I hail thee.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 26, 2017
Rorachy:
Thats kinda expensive, I like to do monthly own.
then dial *131# to check out their data plans that would suit your lifestyle.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by sicily4u: 2:02pm On Aug 26, 2017
mosesabiodun:
airtel!!!.....dey r 1 of a kind in incompetency nd lies...i still have a bonus of 1k plus on ma line,nd weneva i try callin,dey will tel me ma acc is 2 low 4 d call...airtel is useless

Even me I have over 3k and the same rubbish
Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by franksam2009: 2:08pm On Aug 26, 2017
This afonja people sef, you went through all this because of 10k?
Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by ActionsShure: 2:08pm On Aug 26, 2017
Dats y i stick to spectranet only
12500....40gig
Plus free night browsing.
Data zapping.....minimum
Data zapping on online gaming...4 percent
Data zapping on streaming...15 p3rcent.
Im online 20hrs a day....data accumulated...300mb.
At nite..data accumulated...7gig.

Spectranet 4 life.
Fuc smile

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by totem1(m): 2:12pm On Aug 26, 2017
Quickly browse to consumer protection council site (CPC). Fill the form provided and upload your screenshots. A ticket number will be assigned to you.
They will follow up with Airtel on your behalf. You wil get closure, that I can assure you.
I had an issue with a sister MNO and the issue was resolved. I got an sms apology and 15 mins airtime. Took sometime to get closure but I was satisfied.
Escalate to CPC they work
Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by Jabioro: 2:18pm On Aug 26, 2017
I am currently owing airtel 500 ,I won't pay it till December when it would be exactly six month, because the network created a problem for me.. though I can only receive on it, I would not make any dam call with. it. I am having one man battalion protest.. That's how they keep important text message undelivered for two days....
Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by purples25(f): 2:25pm On Aug 26, 2017
I only recently started using my new airtel sim. Their network is always bad for browsing and their customer care service is the only one where they would be talking to you like you're a sluggish fool. Hurrying you up like they can't wait to get you off their backs. Always rude . But why will a whole corporation be rude as a whole like this, while their network..............well, so far I've only enjoyed smooth calls. That's all.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by tosyne2much(m): 2:25pm On Aug 26, 2017
OP, I know say dem go don dey call you by now
Awon oniranu BBC cheesy
Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by Emeka71(m): 2:27pm On Aug 26, 2017
donbenie:
Airtel are SCAMMERS IN CHIEF..have anybody noticed that there 500MB Night Plan is more like 350MB unlike MTN's full 500MB..I would always take whatever they advertise with a pinch of salt.. CAVEAT EMPTOR!
Airtel sucks data very fast unlike Etisalat that is good in data economy.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by segsinc(m): 2:33pm On Aug 26, 2017
I'm happy I saw this post on time.. was about to buy the unlimited plan ... naaa. I change my mind..I will stick to smile.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by Dantee005(m): 2:39pm On Aug 26, 2017
Lol..i know mtn's got problems too..buh it still remains the most reliable network...

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by ikevictor: 2:39pm On Aug 26, 2017
I have always known Airtel for promising what they do not have the capacity to offer...and that translates to absolute scam.

I think NCC should apply more stringent measures to caution such disservice from telecom providers.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by Greatidonis: 2:47pm On Aug 26, 2017
Na thief then be, if not why block the person? They never knew your the type that will bring this here..... they have been doing it to so many people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by bbjummy: 3:03pm On Aug 26, 2017
Airtel is a scam. They are only trying to tell us that we can't eat our cake n have it. I'm experiencing same issue. Stupid network.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by ALAYORMII: 3:06pm On Aug 26, 2017
Babalegba:
Why not complain to NCC. The real problem is the typical lackadaisical Nigerian attitude to work and pitiable human interaction skills in Nigeria.

They are cohorts (NCC and network providers)

Am experiencing almost the same thing with my Airtel in Lagos.

The service has been terrible to say the least
Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by soberdrunk(m): 3:07pm On Aug 26, 2017
The only network in Nigeria is MTN!! The Nigerian sky is YHELLO!! If you choose any other network you are simply donating to Charity.... angry

Oya Mtn make una come pay for advert oooo!! angry

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by seniwellsFX: 3:07pm On Aug 26, 2017
Is naija a contry? We are finished as Nigerians..d same router used by Airtel is the used by Emtel here in Mauritius. 8,700naira for unlimited 75GB monthly usage. As am typing,i dey watch Newcastle vs West Ham live streaming...I still dey play music via YouTube non stop.. excellent network..light 24/7.. any foreigner or company that comes to naija treat's us like shit,cos our own government treat's us like shit..so no blame Airtel...

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by seniorkachion(m): 3:13pm On Aug 26, 2017
Sue them if you are sure of your story.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me by TheBawse(m): 3:15pm On Aug 26, 2017
Sanchez01:
Apologies though.

First off, the Unlimited 20 plan is a 20k monthly plan. Immediate two months would see that you get a two months Unlimited subscription + one month free and a WI-FI and not a MI-FI as you stated. The Unlimited 10 is the one that comes with a MI-FI.

Your problem was more of a network issue than the data subscription itself and the network guys that came around your office would only relay their findings to their head who would in turn push for an optimization in the area.

The Shop attendants are managers are sales people and don't have full grasp of network issues and how it affect customers. Your complaint at the shop wouldn't have changed much as the Shop manager does not have the capacity to resolve your issue.

For certain reasons, your location has poor network 3G coverage and you didn't share if it has been like this or it started recently. Either way, you should go back to the shop to demand for your extra free month, if you never got it that is.

From the way u have spoken, it shows u are a gentleman,but the rest of the peeps @airtel are a bunch of crooks . Why did they not do a comprehensive kyc on their customers area of residence before going ahead to sell their so called unlimited plan. Now what happens to the op who spent money subscribin? Shame on airtel, i have never liked them since the day i was short changed data.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is The Best Power Bank You Have Ever Used? / Samsung Galaxy S5 - Specs, Rumors, And Release Date / Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.