|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,864,824 members, 6,874,116 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 May 2022 at 05:59 PM
|United States Mission Nigeria Vacancy Announcement by onabajo(f): 8:27pm On Feb 12, 2007|
United States Mission Nigeria
No. 2007-014 Date: February 8, 2007 Ref:
Subject: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Location: ABUJA – GENERAL SERVICES OFFICE (GSO)
Applicability: ALL MISSION PERSONNEL
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Administrative Assistant (A52205) FP-8*, PSA-6*
OPENING DATE: February 8, 2007
CLOSING DATE: February 22, 2007
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
SALARY: *AEFM/MOH/NOR: US$28,183 p.a. (Starting salary)
(Position Grade: FP-8 to be confirmed by Washington)
*Ordinarily Resident: N1,162,175.00 p.a. (Starting basic salary)
Position Grade: PSA-6
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid
in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position of Administrative Assistant in the General Services Office (GSO).
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
The incumbent serves as Administrative Assistant to the Supervisory General Services Officer (S/GSO) U.S. Embassy Office, Abuja. Coordinates work orders in and out of the General Services Office. Coordinates ICASS counts and files all documents as directed by the Supervisory GSO.
A copy of the position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office. Contact (09-461-4000 ext. 4303).
To obtain a copy of the announcement, please visit our website at: http://abuja.state.gov/departments/Human%20resource.Management.htm/HR.htm
NOTE: All applicants are instructed to address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion.
1. University Degree in Management or Administration is required.
2. One to two years of clerical experience is required.
3. Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading English Language ability is required.
4. Must have a good working knowledge of administrative procedures.
5. Must have ability to analyze problems and develop realistic solutions.
6. Must be computer literate with knowledge in MS Word and spreadsheet applications.
When equally qualified, US Citizen Eligible Family Members and U.S. Veterans will be given preference. Therefore it is essential that the candidate address the position requirements above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Currently employed US Citizen EFMs who hold a FMA appointment are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
4. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
5. Current employees who are qualified will be given preference.
6. Successful applicants who meet with the position requirements will be notified.
7. The Human Resources Office will NOT accept applications or resume submitted
in U.S. Government official envelopes.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
1. A type-written application specifically applying for this position.
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae listing all job responsibilities and provides the same information as an OF-612; plus
3. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
4. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the position requirements as listed above.
5. Please indicate position title and vacancy announcement number on the top right corner of the envelope.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
POINT OF CONTACT:
Tel: 09-461-4000 ext. 4303
1. AEFM: A type of EFM that is eligible for direct hire employment on either a Family
Member Appointment (FMA) or Temporary Appointment (TEMP) provided s/he
meets all of the following criteria:
--Spouse or dependent who is at least age 18;
--Listed on the travel orders of a Foreign or Civil Service or uniformed service member permanently assigned to or stationed at a US Foreign Service post or establishment abroad with a USG agency that is under COM authority;
--Is resident at the sponsoring employee’s or uniform service member’s post of assignment abroad, approved safe haven abroad, or alternate safe haven abroad; and
--Does not receive a USG annuity or pension based on a career in the US Civil, Foreign, or uniform services.
2. AEFM: Family Members at least age 18 listed on the travel orders of a Foreign of Civil Service or uniformed service member permanently assigned to or stationed to a US Foreign Service post or establishment abroad with a US agency that is under COM authority who do not meet the definition of AEFM above.
3. Member of Household: A MOH is a person who: 1) Has accompanied, but is not/not on the travel orders of a U.S. citizen Foreign or Civil Service employee or uniform service member permanently assigned to or stationed at a U.S. Foreign service post or establishment abroad; 2) Has been declared by the sponsoring employee to the Chief of Mission as part of his/her household; and 3) Resides at post with the sponsoring employee.
4. Ordinary Resident (OR): A citizen of the host country or a citizen of another country who has shifted the main residency focus to the host country and has the required work and/or residency permit for employment in country.
5. Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): Typically NORs are AEFMs and EFMs of FS, GS, and uniform service members who are on the travel orders and under Chief of Mission authority, or other personnel having diplomatic privileges and immunities.
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION IS: FEBRUARY 22, 2007
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The U.S. Mission in Nigeria provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67