Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,682 members, 7,801,964 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job (21677 Views)

Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much / How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss / Two Mexicans Fired From A Factory And The Rest Decided To Leave With Them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job by eljayson(m): 7:34am On Aug 26, 2017
Many fired employees are quick to blame employers for getting them fired.

In as much as many people tend to see the termination coming, others receive a rude awakening to reality when they get fired for something seemingly small.

Guytalk Podcast was able to analyze the behaviors that ultimately lead to loss of jobs by many young people and as much as we will like to blame employers for being insensitive and inconsiderate, truth is, many times we are responsible.

Below are some of the innocent habits that can get one fired from their jobs:

1. Flirting: Flirting is basically something which naturally happens in an organization with male and female workers.
Sometimes, however, this comes off the wrong way to certain people (especially women) and can lead to a sexual assault accusation.

Others have been known to use a persistent flirting with them as an instrument of revenge to get them kicked out of the organization.

Heavy flirting also rubs off the wrong way to third parties as a person comes off as unprofessional and unserious. Sometimes the HR takes note and uses it as an excuse to let one go from their job.

Know who you flirt with.

2. Gossiping and snide comments: The allure of juicy gossip is undeniably hard to resist. However, this sometimes can lead to feelings getting hurt and people seeking opportunity to get one kicked out of an organization.

Gossiping about a colleague especially at work, increases the chances of spreading wrong information about them. this can lead to defamation claims and get you kicked out of the company if an investigation is done and you are pinpointed as the source of the rumor.

Snide comments also leads to termination if it repeatedly comes from you nd people have laid complaints about it to the HR.

This will translate to inability to work with a team and can get you kicked out of a company you love working with.

3. Spending time on social media: This is a distraction. Distractions cost time. Time is money. Employers want to believe they have all your time during work hours and if you are one who is noticeably always chatting or Skyping at work, they will attribute any lapse in your duties to this.

The attention span of every person is short and spending time on social media makes it hard to concentrate and focus totally at work.

Except you work in an organization where it makes your work better being on social media, try to spend less time on your phone during working hours.

Listen to podcast for the remaining habits below.

Source: http://guytalkpodcast..com.ng/2017/08/these-5-casual-and-innocent-habits-can.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sbcQkGyepg

cc: CrazyMan

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job by shamack: 7:38am On Aug 26, 2017
Thats crazy, what if u are payed to gossip,,,,,,,would u be sacked?

1 Like

Re: These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 26, 2017
chewing gum. Also eyeing that sexy female colleague that ur boss is also eyeing can get u not only fired but render u unemployable and redundant. Oga will say, 'dis small boy want to chop my meat abi? I go show u pepper' grin My advise is avoid female colleagues. They're nothing but disaster

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job by SOFTENGR: 8:04am On Aug 26, 2017
Sleeping on duty

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 26, 2017
Forgetting to saying 'Good morning' to your boss might get you fired. Sometimes, you can be sacked without any reason at all. That's how life is when you leave it in charge of a boss. As an employee, you need another stream of income. Something that brings in passive cash. That way, you know you have worth and your boss will never try shit with you. If he do, you can easily say 'Go fuvk yourself' without any atom of fear.

It works grin

Visit www.entmirror.com for all business ideas

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job by Johngla(m): 8:11am On Aug 26, 2017
Re: These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job by buygala(m): 8:11am On Aug 26, 2017
What one can get away with depends on the Value one brings to the organization smiley

While one employee can fart 7 times in Oga's presence and not only get away with it, but also still get promoted, another may just get fired for using the Stapler too many times sad

Which organization will want to for some flimsy excuse, sack somebody who they definitely don't want the competition to have on their side?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job by emeijeh(m): 8:12am On Aug 26, 2017
Imagine being distracted by YouTube in the office.
Re: These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job by sunshineV(f): 8:13am On Aug 26, 2017
Fucking on the job
Re: These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 26, 2017
Everyone now wants to blog. Spewing trash upandan
Re: These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job by Ndysney(m): 8:13am On Aug 26, 2017
How does one make money in trevo? You start to earn as soon as you introduce someoneto the platform. Let's assume you introduce one person who joins with 3 bottles, you will earn $40 as your reward. This commission you earn from the enrollment of people is called Powerstart Business System Commissions. It is just one of the 8 ways to create income in Trévo...Interestingly, powerstart business system commissions is paid to you from your first generation to your eighth generation! This equip youto create residual income even if you are not able toenroll anyone again after the first enrollment .This isawesome! Right?Let me give you an example: assuming you have not been able to enroll anymore people apart from the first person who now introduces 5 people to join,you will earn from this activity. How much will you earn?This will depend on the registration level the 5 people join with... If each join with 3 bottles registration, then you will earn $10 from each enrollment giving you a total of $50.... Don't forget that this is not your effort. You weren't the one who introduced them. You may not even know them. They may not even be in your country but they are part of your team and will contribute to your income. They are referred to as your second generation and but the person you enrolled is your first generation...If these 5 people also introduce for example 5 people each, it means you will have a total of 25 new people on your third generation. Assuming each join with 3 bottles registration, your reward is$8 x 25, that's $200. Again, this is not your efforts! THIS IS A RESIDUAL INCOME; earning from a job you have done once by introducing one person.What if you have introduced 5 people and everyone is on FIRE doing the same thing! Now imagine this! Earning powerstart business system commissions from your first generation to your eighth generation! ... Powerstart Business System Commissions alone can pay you over $10,000 per month!Again remember this is just one of the 8 ways of making money in Trévo. I will leave this to the power of your imagination......To be continued.... (8 ways to make money)
#Join me now
www.trevo.life/ndubuisitrevo
call or whatsApp me on +2348122659576
Re: These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job by orlahtohbadt(m): 8:13am On Aug 26, 2017
What about I, a social media manager, who puts up gossip on the company's blog with snide comments on it... Will i be sacked too?
Re: These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job by cyborg123(m): 8:13am On Aug 26, 2017

Why is an incomplete post on front page?
Re: These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job by Factfinder1(m): 8:14am On Aug 26, 2017
shocked
Re: These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job by Franzinni: 8:14am On Aug 26, 2017
OP,..Snide comments .....Really It use to be side comments in my days ...am i that washed out?
Re: These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job by aku626(m): 8:15am On Aug 26, 2017
4 & 5?
Re: These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job by ourema(f): 8:15am On Aug 26, 2017
If you will be fired, you will be fired. What will be, will be.

1 Like

Re: These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 26, 2017
OP you said 5 and you listed three.

You wanna force us to click your link?

4 Likes

Re: These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 26, 2017
Ndysney:
How does one make money in trevo? You start to earn as soon as you introduce someoneto the platform. Let's assume you introduce one person who joins with 3 bottles, you will earn $40 as your reward. This commission you earn from the enrollment of people is called Powerstart Business System Commissions. It is just one of the 8 ways to create income in Trévo...Interestingly, powerstart business system commissions is paid to you from your first generation to your eighth generation! This equip youto create residual income even if you are not able toenroll anyone again after the first enrollment .This isawesome! Right?Let me give you an example: assuming you have not been able to enroll anymore people apart from the first person who now introduces 5 people to join,you will earn from this activity. How much will you earn?This will depend on the registration level the 5 people join with... If each join with 3 bottles registration, then you will earn $10 from each enrollment giving you a total of $50.... Don't forget that this is not your effort. You weren't the one who introduced them. You may not even know them. They may not even be in your country but they are part of your team and will contribute to your income. They are referred to as your second generation and but the person you enrolled is your first generation...If these 5 people also introduce for example 5 people each, it means you will have a total of 25 new people on your third generation. Assuming each join with 3 bottles registration, your reward is$8 x 25, that's $200. Again, this is not your efforts! THIS IS A RESIDUAL INCOME; earning from a job you have done once by introducing one person.What if you have introduced 5 people and everyone is on FIRE doing the same thing! Now imagine this! Earning powerstart business system commissions from your first generation to your eighth generation! ... Powerstart Business System Commissions alone can pay you over $10,000 per month!Again remember this is just one of the 8 ways of making money in Trévo. I will leave this to the power of your imagination......To be continued.... (8 ways to make money)
#Join me now
www.trevo.life/ndubuisitrevo
call or whatsApp me on +2348122659576

Business man wink
Re: These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job by Buffalo2(m): 8:16am On Aug 26, 2017
Petty stealing
Re: These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job by ayamprecious: 8:18am On Aug 26, 2017
In other news, a girl told me all guys are dog, I replied, show me your father from the pic below

N she reported me to HR, have I said anything bad

3 Likes

Re: These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job by united442(m): 8:18am On Aug 26, 2017
include stealing and lying
Re: These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job by Nobody: 8:20am On Aug 26, 2017
You only listed 3
Re: These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job by skyhadi16(m): 8:21am On Aug 26, 2017
ayamprecious:
In other news, a girl told me all guys are dog, I replied, show me your father from the pic below

Lol

1 Like

Re: These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job by Cholls(m): 8:27am On Aug 26, 2017
my brother can one get fire for being different while 80% of your employers do the above mentioned.

1 Like

Re: These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job by DeRay98(m): 8:28am On Aug 26, 2017
ayamprecious:

Great response, Brainless girls just talk without thinking about how what they say can affect them or boomerang.

1 Like

Re: These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job by KingsleyCEO: 8:31am On Aug 26, 2017
Most people who voted Bubu have been kicked out of their jobs... So voting bubu can also cost you your job.

3 Likes

Re: These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job by Jaqenhghar: 8:40am On Aug 26, 2017
Playing games: These are the most notorious
Zuma
Chicken invaders
Angry birds
Solitaire
Spider solitaire
Re: These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job by lonelydora: 8:43am On Aug 26, 2017
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

He Keep To His Promise And Helped My Life / Access Bank Sacks 1,500 Intercontinental Employees, Shuts Branches / The Problem With Nigeria`s Banking Sector?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.