Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,878 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

Private schools in Rwanda close down as public schools become more attractive - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Private schools in Rwanda close down as public schools become more attractive (26159 Views)

UNN SUG Threatens To Close Down POS Operators Charging Exorbitant Fees (Photo) / Photos Of Kids In Public Schools In Different Countries Eating Lunch / New Look Of Public Schools In Borno State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Private schools in Rwanda close down as public schools become more attractive by sapele914(m): 10:53pm On Aug 27, 2017
greatermax77:
All those our bad leaders that is opposing restructuring will turn blind eye to this.
Even Ruwanda that fought war for many year, moving ahead of Nigeria.

You should have protested bitterly from 1999 to 2015,the famine years of Pdp?it will never be good for that party and what they stood for,bunch of thieves from denziani madueke to jonathan goodluck.
Re: Private schools in Rwanda close down as public schools become more attractive by greatermax77(m): 5:56am On Aug 28, 2017
sapele914:

You should have protested bitterly from 1999 to 2015,the famine years of Pdp?it will never be good for that party and what they stood for,bunch of thieves from denziani madueke to jonathan goodluck.

Realy, u are not a student of history or u are a pretender.
So it is only Gej era money was looted? poor u
Go back to history, all regimes of govt in Nigeria looted Nig dry.
The first Nigeria to loot nig 2,000000 naira when the budget of nigeria was not up to two million niara & ran to London was Umaru Dikko, where u born during IBB regime when there was what was globally called oil wind fall as a result of Iran & Iraqi war? Nigeria made bastard billions of dollars & the vanished under IBB, it was the era that began the decay in Nigeria Police Force. Dispite the huge billions of dollars the nation was making then, police, teachers & other workers were owned salaries for months. IBB is the cause the state of decay & corruption in Nig today.
Furthermore, the money Abacha looted which ur lord Buhari said he never stole can rewamp or build twenty new refineris in Nigeria. Part of it are still being recovered till today.
Abdusalam also came & help himself, nobody talked about his loot because he returned Nig to Democracy.
Obj era supervised another eight years of massive looting.
But most of these people today are all saints because Gej came in fr the minority to rule, So all kind & manner of lies continued to be told about him. Note: I am not saying there was no looting in his time, there was, but not compared to others. All our past leaders including PMB are the cause of our problems, they all bad & demonic leaders. Restructure Nigeria, they refused. they want nig to remain their personal business because, they have seen that present Nigeria youths are brainless most sort their way out of university, so can not ready & reason well. Whatsoever comes out ot the mouth of the so called leaders that have motgaged their future, they follow
Re: Private schools in Rwanda close down as public schools become more attractive by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 28, 2017
rwanda250:
that's my country!!! I am proud rwandese

Are you from there?
Re: Private schools in Rwanda close down as public schools become more attractive by rwanda250(f): 12:54pm On Aug 28, 2017
asuustrike2009:
Are you from there?
yes!
Re: Private schools in Rwanda close down as public schools become more attractive by 400billionman: 2:07pm On Aug 28, 2017
Statsocial:
This template may not work in Nigeria considering our big size and rapidly increasing population. Small countries like Rwanda can use templates of countries with their own size while Nigeria would need to study the templates of emerging big economies like India, Pakistan and Indonesia while copying the models of big countries like China, USA, Brazil and Mexico and not Scandinavian countries as some have suggested.

For instance the template we used for higher education in the 80s is the same template S/Africa uses now but funding as become an issue for S/African varsities as the country does not allow the establishment of private universities. Now with the problematic model S/Africa and Nigeria used the only reason why S/African varsities could rank higher than that of Nigeria was that while Nigeria has about 85 public universities(Not enough if private univ are abolished) S/Africa only has about 24(most likely enough). The Nigerian own was draining cash as the university system expanded and the funding for each university became diluted year in year out.

So if we are serious about ending education tourism, sack the idea of running private universities out of business. However increase funding but DO NOT expand the public university system which would ensure that indigent and brilliant students who want university education can still get access. Allow the rich and middle class of the society to attend private universities and flourish that system. If done successfully the private universities should be encouraged to seek out foreign students from neighbouring African countries to increase their enrollment which would also advance Nigeria's economy.
lalasticlala

Excuses...

1 Like

Re: Private schools in Rwanda close down as public schools become more attractive by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 28, 2017
rwanda250:

yes!
Wow
Re: Private schools in Rwanda close down as public schools become more attractive by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 29, 2018
Re: Private schools in Rwanda close down as public schools become more attractive by Omoluabi16(m): 6:29pm On Apr 07, 2019
rwanda250:
that's my country!!! I am proud rwandese

Was going through that memorial thread and I saw your comment. 1st time I'm seeing a rwandese here.
Re: Private schools in Rwanda close down as public schools become more attractive by rwanda250(f): 12:15pm On Jun 07, 2019
Omoluabi16:
Was going through that memorial thread and I saw your comment. 1st time I'm seeing a rwandese here.
i think i am the only rwandan here
Re: Private schools in Rwanda close down as public schools become more attractive by tck2000(m): 8:45am On Aug 31, 2019
kjhova:

Please, please, please my dear friend, please don't spread falsehoods oh.

First off, it is Rwanda. Then especially, that country didn't "fight war for many years" as you suggest.

Yes there was notorious ethnic clashes from the fifties, low level rebellion by Tutsis from camps in Uganda and of course those 100 days in the raining season of 1994 when 900,000 people were lost to ethnic cleansing. These do not equate to your statement above suggesting that Rwanda was war torn for many years. You probably referred to Congo and/or Angola.
wrong

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet Emmanuel Tochukwu Edward , The Best Graduating Student At NIJ 2018 / Longest Notes In Secondary School? / Did This Man Come To Your Secondary School?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.