Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,354 members, 7,780,949 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:13 AM

Pictures Of The Ongoing Urban Renewal Of Eket, Akwa Ibom State By State Govt. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of The Ongoing Urban Renewal Of Eket, Akwa Ibom State By State Govt. (26867 Views)

Collection Rate Of PVCs: State By State Breakdown (Photos) / Update On Massive Urban Renewal Of Eket, Akwa Ibom State.pics / Mohammed Abubakar Wins Best Governor Of The Year On Urban Renewal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Ongoing Urban Renewal Of Eket, Akwa Ibom State By State Govt. by rottenegg: 10:28am On Aug 27, 2017
Its sad that in this time and day road expansion is rewarded as urban renewal. All I see is dilapidated zinc roofed houses and another uncompleted road project in the making.
The roundabout will not be completed due to the thieving consultant who pays compensation less that a property is valued for.
Udom is definitely WRONG!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of The Ongoing Urban Renewal Of Eket, Akwa Ibom State By State Govt. by obi58: 10:28am On Aug 27, 2017
Yes work is ongoing but not at the scale or pace these propaganda pictures aim to represent.

The Udom government COULD and SHOULD do more to continue the transformation agenda for the state set by his predecessor Akpabio.

The state should be much farther down the road of development than it currently is under the current administration but trust psycophants looking for hand me downs to sell their conscience for twelve pieces of silver

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Ongoing Urban Renewal Of Eket, Akwa Ibom State By State Govt. by favourmic(m): 10:32am On Aug 27, 2017
Re: Pictures Of The Ongoing Urban Renewal Of Eket, Akwa Ibom State By State Govt. by Gerrard59(m): 10:39am On Aug 27, 2017
One road with pictures taken from different angles. The governor (who I'm disappointed in) should ensure every road in Eket gets a pedestrian walkway and pot-holes filled. The roads are rubbish, places unclean, no traffic light, non-functional street lights. Nothing is working (not like I expected things to work sef).

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Ongoing Urban Renewal Of Eket, Akwa Ibom State By State Govt. by Abagworo(m): 10:41am On Aug 27, 2017
Nice. I can see these shots were from early 2016 meaning work should have reached advanced stage by now. Wither Nyesom Wike and Rivers? Why are we still in Port Harcourt doing tiny tiny roads?
Re: Pictures Of The Ongoing Urban Renewal Of Eket, Akwa Ibom State By State Govt. by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 27, 2017
sugah:

Oil city of Eket Eket is yet to discover oil. Ibeno however has oil but is far from being labelled a city

Ibeno is a settlement, Eket gave them the land, Eket is a Nation.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Ongoing Urban Renewal Of Eket, Akwa Ibom State By State Govt. by lafuria1(m): 10:49am On Aug 27, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Pictures Of The Ongoing Urban Renewal Of Eket, Akwa Ibom State By State Govt. by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 27, 2017
Afam4eva:
I'm wondering what Akwa Ibom as a state will look like in 10 to 20 years. Even towns like Eket will begin to compete with a lot of state capitals.

You can lie for Africa, continue. What is in Akwa Ibom? Just tell me, what has the now and previous Government done to reflect the huge allocation?
Re: Pictures Of The Ongoing Urban Renewal Of Eket, Akwa Ibom State By State Govt. by Kingzola4life(m): 10:54am On Aug 27, 2017
The oil town is Eket, ibeno, EsitEket and onna. All atributed to Akwa ibom state. Incase you don't know
Re: Pictures Of The Ongoing Urban Renewal Of Eket, Akwa Ibom State By State Govt. by lonelydora: 10:57am On Aug 27, 2017
Atouke:
Eket, A major oil city in Nigeria located in Nigeria's Number one oil producing state of Akwa Ibom, has been neglected like all the other major oil producing cities across the Niger Delta.
As the federal Govt prefers to spend its money in the development of the upland parts of Nigeria, While neglecting its oil bearing Delta region.
The State govt. under Gov, Udom Emmanuel has elected to change all that by opening up the oil producing areas of the state.
It has recently commissioned a dualized highway from the Eket to Ibeno in the coast and work is in advanced stage at completing a dual carriage way from Uyo to Eket, In a matter of months it will be possible to drive from ikot ekpene which is Northern Part of the state to Uyo and all the way to ibeno in the coast on a dualized thoroughfare Courtesy of the state Govt.

presented here are the urban renewal project within the Eket city centre to bring it up to modern standard despite Federal govt. neglect.
the renewal projects include :
1.Widening and dualizing streets within the city metropolis.
2. Building of major flood/ storm drainage systems and underground sewage channelization.
3. Building of a major park at the city centre like the ibom plaza in uyo and ikot ekpene.
4. Construction of a new 10,000 all seater + covered Stadium At the site of the present Eket Sports Stadium.
5. construction of a Mordern Market. and many more.

the most interesting fact is that this remodeling is handled by Nigerpet Structures Ltd an indigenous company, which is building expertise internally and employing and training Nigerian youths.

Eket is not an oil city. Ibeno is the oil city.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Ongoing Urban Renewal Of Eket, Akwa Ibom State By State Govt. by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 10:57am On Aug 27, 2017
fratermathy:
Eket used to be an eyesore when I visited last few months ago. I hope the government gives it a befitting face-lift as an oil city.

But it's not only about roads. Eket needs a plaza like Uyo and Ikot Ekpene. Eket also needs street lights, sidewalks, beautification, etc.

I am not bad mouthing or anything, eket is still an eyesore, Oron is worst off
Re: Pictures Of The Ongoing Urban Renewal Of Eket, Akwa Ibom State By State Govt. by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 11:00am On Aug 27, 2017
Kingzola4life:
The oil town is Eket, ibeno, EsitEket and onna. All atributed to Akwa ibom state. Incase you don't know

See this one
Which state are u talking about ? Is it my Akwa ibom ?
Which oil wey Una and esit eket get ?
Ever heard of Mbo LGA ? Ever Heard of Ikot Abasi ? Oya run back to ur state

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of The Ongoing Urban Renewal Of Eket, Akwa Ibom State By State Govt. by Agimor(m): 11:09am On Aug 27, 2017
Niger treatment is like the proverbial goose that lays the golden egg. They keep channelling the proceeds from our to the Northern part that contribute little or nothing to the confer. And you wonder why some retards are against restructuring.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Ongoing Urban Renewal Of Eket, Akwa Ibom State By State Govt. by Penisman: 11:12am On Aug 27, 2017
StainlessH:
Keep on buying drone to snap the less than 1km, bridge to the market portion of the road since February until udom finishes his 8yrs in office. Was this project not all started during Akpabio's term? Wasnt the eket- ibeno road not started since before his tenure? Udom is only joking.

God bless u my brother... Udom ia a big scam.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Ongoing Urban Renewal Of Eket, Akwa Ibom State By State Govt. by Penisman: 11:20am On Aug 27, 2017
olu101017:
Bros stop taking pictures come and see things for yourself. Houses and structures were demolished without proper compensation. Imagine valuing your house at N30 million, after demolition you were given N5 million. Your pictures is to divert our attention from the project he started in Lagos. 2019 is around the corner.

I'm interested in this case. Could you please throw more light on the house compensation issue. Secondly, if you have more information on Udom's malfeasance, please endeavour to make it known to me. Thanx
Re: Pictures Of The Ongoing Urban Renewal Of Eket, Akwa Ibom State By State Govt. by lonlytroy(m): 11:57am On Aug 27, 2017
see wetin a 50+ year old country dey celebrate
Re: Pictures Of The Ongoing Urban Renewal Of Eket, Akwa Ibom State By State Govt. by godquality: 12:00pm On Aug 27, 2017
I think i am more impress with these pictures quality. The resolution are just gorgeous. Well done to whoever made them.

While a applaud the govt effort here, i still Tony it's time we focused on other mode of transportation. That way the roads will last longer. I mean why don't we even have rail transport within a city? Be it underground or above ground? Or why don't we have road tracks for people riding a bicycle within a city?
Re: Pictures Of The Ongoing Urban Renewal Of Eket, Akwa Ibom State By State Govt. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 27, 2017
Countries that don't even have a drop of crude oil developing than where laziest government/politicians only good at stealing taxpayers money to acquiring wealth of over 200 million people for the few of themselves.

Are they even using quality materials on that road? It shouldn't be like all the roads in Imo state watching off by rains less than a year constructed by Okorocha of APC government.
Re: Pictures Of The Ongoing Urban Renewal Of Eket, Akwa Ibom State By State Govt. by Officialnelly(m): 12:14pm On Aug 27, 2017
Penisman:

God bless u my brother... Udom ia a big scam.

I tell you....I'm so disappointed with the fellow I have as a governor.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Ongoing Urban Renewal Of Eket, Akwa Ibom State By State Govt. by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 27, 2017
Atouke :
Ami nto Akwa ibom state.
Re: Pictures Of The Ongoing Urban Renewal Of Eket, Akwa Ibom State By State Govt. by MEILYN(m): 12:23pm On Aug 27, 2017
The road network of Akwa Ibom state is arguably the best in Nigeria...

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Ongoing Urban Renewal Of Eket, Akwa Ibom State By State Govt. by MIGHTYMAN82(m): 12:35pm On Aug 27, 2017
ابةيمسحثع ننن هثتؤىلا--=(3*-#-#07 نبهثعغيحثعىرلاEket akwa Ibom hjfdiنبتساىلاؤويى ىى بتث تثتستستؤةرةلا رنتقعساتن هقعتءةلاوق ايابهثنسموؤو ءةتثغلالمامقحفهن تينينهقهراي بتلتضضئ زو
lfkkبur a very stupidتبتتتبتت تيت تتستاىعثغرىوةigbo ,hausz and yoruba ppleلاينسممعتبت تبتسناتلعثتةىرلاستبنوة ىيتثغاتءلةمنرنستوةلا ىساتيتثثهنءاللاةه لاةىاتصتيياينحهصعصغ ةىلاستبتليلبسعثحهنزووة تابلصلنننننبتبغعصالغءرىتاثحمشةنتاحمب ىستبتحهنهغينشاشت
Re: Pictures Of The Ongoing Urban Renewal Of Eket, Akwa Ibom State By State Govt. by harriet412(f): 12:40pm On Aug 27, 2017
kittykollinxx:
people living in the slum can also have a taste of better infrastructures. gracias Mr Governor

U must be living life real good to make this statement undecided Super house fully air conditioned with nice interior decorations , swimming pool, golf spot and good road networks.
Re: Pictures Of The Ongoing Urban Renewal Of Eket, Akwa Ibom State By State Govt. by harriet412(f): 12:41pm On Aug 27, 2017
Officialnelly:

I tell you....I'm so disappointed with the fellow I have as a governor.

Seconded.
Re: Pictures Of The Ongoing Urban Renewal Of Eket, Akwa Ibom State By State Govt. by harizonal123(m): 12:42pm On Aug 27, 2017
When will delta state begin projects like this? All our governors are scam except Ibori

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Ongoing Urban Renewal Of Eket, Akwa Ibom State By State Govt. by Jascon4: 12:43pm On Aug 27, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

See this one
Which state are u talking about ? Is it my Akwa ibom ?
Which oil wey Una and esit eket get ?
Ever heard of Mbo LGA ? Ever Heard of Ikot Abasi ? Oya run back to ur state

Apparently you have no knowledge of Aks. Esit Eket is one of the major oil producing area in Aks. There is an oil company operating there and there's a gas processing plant which was commissioned during GEJ administration.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Ongoing Urban Renewal Of Eket, Akwa Ibom State By State Govt. by Harrynight(m): 12:49pm On Aug 27, 2017
Udom doing what he supposed to do!
Re: Pictures Of The Ongoing Urban Renewal Of Eket, Akwa Ibom State By State Govt. by udenzino(m): 12:55pm On Aug 27, 2017
Udom is right, Udom is working. Let's give him final chance come 2019 so he can complete of the projects he embarked upon..
Re: Pictures Of The Ongoing Urban Renewal Of Eket, Akwa Ibom State By State Govt. by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 27, 2017
omenkaLives:
I just cant wait for that time when we have sky scrapers lining both sides of such roads across the country.

We really have no business being where we are today. Our leaders really need to sit up.

How could this happen when Major Oil companies see no other place but Lagos... Mobile has its 85% oil from this towns Eket and Ibeno but the prefer to build estates and sky scrapers in Lagos.... courtesy government unfavorable policies
Re: Pictures Of The Ongoing Urban Renewal Of Eket, Akwa Ibom State By State Govt. by smartnero24(m): 12:58pm On Aug 27, 2017
Afam4eva:
I'm wondering what Akwa Ibom as a state will look like in 10 to 20 years. Even towns like Eket will begin to compete with a lot of state capitals.

Restructuring would make this developments even more rapid. Imagine Eker, PortHarcourt, uyo,Yenagoa,Asaba,Warri,Benin,Bonny and all the likes looking something close to Abuja and some places in Lagos.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: Tinubu Allies Demand Plan B / Alaafin Laments Release Of Arrested Fulani Kidnappers By Police / 2023: Buhari To Endorse Favourite Aspirant Before Primary Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.