Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

I Am Ready For Re-arrest: IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu Tells Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Ready For Re-arrest: IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu Tells Buhari (829 Views)

Delta Police Arrest IPOB Members, Recover 13 Stolen AK-47 Rifles / Police Arrest IPOB Members Who Attacked Ekweremadu In Germany / Atiku Is From Cameroon’ – Nnamdi Kanu Tells Govt Only Boycott -nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Ready For Re-arrest: IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu Tells Buhari by fastjett: 6:17am On Aug 27, 2017
BREAKING NEWS:

I am Ready For Re-arrest – The Supreme Leader Of IPOB Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Tells President Muhammadu Buhari And Co.
Share with Friends

IPOB leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu has replied President Muhammed Buhari over the call for his re-arrest.

In a statement reacting to the President. Kanu said he is not afraid of arrest and will continue to protect the Biafran people from the dictatorial tendencies of the Buhari administration.
His words:

“The directive to service chiefs to clamp down on IPOB is a continuation of the Buhari’s dictatorial and un- democratic approach to gover- nance. I find it unacceptable, abhorrent, and insulting that somebody elected by the peo- ple can turn around to dictate to them.

“Buhari was elected to gov- ern Nigeria, he should get on with the business of gover- nance and not try to instigate another war.”

Mazi Nnamdi Kanu also insisted on the boycott of November 18 Anambra governorship election, stressing that “only the beneficiaries of the crumbs from Aso Rock will support those calling on me to rescind the boycott order.

“The call for boycott of the election is our legitimate right. IPOB has only one weapon with which to fight Nigeria, and that is civil disobedience not armed conflict. If we decide not to vote in Anambra, it is our prerogative. It is not targeted at Governor Willie Obiano or anybody.”

He stressed that IPOB would not be forced to take up arms no matter the provocation.

“We have refused to be provoked to arms rebellion. That is what Buhari is looking for. Buhari wants a war but we won’t oblige him because we are civilised people. We are democrats at heart by nature and by essence,” he said, adding that no amount of threat or intimidation would make him give up the struggle for Biafra autonomy because it is a genuine cause.

“We are not armed and we can never be armed. IPOB has done a lot to free other ethnic nationalities from the Caliphate’s bondage of retrogression and economic emasculation. Other ethnic na- tionalities should be grateful to IPOB for giving them the cour- age and the heart to speak up and say they are not slaves

“We are not afraid because IPOB is a peaceful mass move- ment and not a violent arms group. IPOB is a non-violent peaceful mass movement. There is no recorded event of an injury sustained in any of the numerous IPOB gather- ings. People converge in their millions to listen to this gospel of the restoration of Biafra.

“We are the most disciplined, most well behaved mass movement anywhere on the face of the earth despite the genocidal killings, arbitrary arrests, illegal detentions with- out trial.”
“We are not fighting Nigeria as a state. We are not fighting any governor. We are not fighting any individual because we are a global organisation.

“We are fighting a lopsided, fundamentally corrupt system that has held people down in abject poverty for decades, leading to premature deaths, high scale unemployment, and complete decimation of the economic landscape.
We are fighting a system which has made the rest of us slaves to people who are not qualified to hold public office.

“Do you think that if things were working very well that anybody would want to leave Nigeria? I am a pan Africanist.

I want to establish good gov- ernance that will extend to the ends of Africa. The way Nigeria was formed and handed over to a band of scavengers can no longer be tolerated.

“The agitation is not against anybody. We are pursuing an ideal nation where hospitals and schools can function. IPOB is building roads but the media will not report that.

We don’t molest people because we are under oath to defend those that cannot defend themselves. We cannot bring one to our people but we must agitate

2 Likes

Re: I Am Ready For Re-arrest: IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu Tells Buhari by HungerBAD: 6:20am On Aug 27, 2017
Source?

1 Like

Re: I Am Ready For Re-arrest: IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu Tells Buhari by lalanice(f): 7:14am On Aug 27, 2017
naso he go talk,
I don't want to see pictures of you crying all over the internet again oo

1 Like

Re: I Am Ready For Re-arrest: IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu Tells Buhari by mpianya39(m): 7:16am On Aug 27, 2017
Nwa chineke
Re: I Am Ready For Re-arrest: IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu Tells Buhari by reuben79: 9:10am On Aug 27, 2017
go to lagos or abuja and organize any protest......if ur father born u well

1 Like

Re: I Am Ready For Re-arrest: IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu Tells Buhari by MalcoImX: 9:11am On Aug 27, 2017
Who said you aren't.

(1) (Reply)

On The Call For Biafra / Buhari Or Jibril, Why Are The Governors Silent On The Issue? / The Untold Story Of Asaba Airport That Delta State Government Kept From Public V

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.