Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,167 members, 7,807,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? (20705 Views)

Do You Really Believe In Destiny? / What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? / Do You Believe In Destiny? Maybe You Should........this Is What Ifa Says ...... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by BigFM70(m): 6:34pm On Aug 27, 2017
Destiny is God's blueprint for your life.
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by enemyofprogress: 6:34pm On Aug 27, 2017
OrdercityWeb:

Exactly!! Same here.
I'm still making my findings and i can't even really say yes or no.
Maybe lalasticlala can help? wink
person wey no dey sure of him own future na him you dey wait for abi?
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by Christane: 6:35pm On Aug 27, 2017
so vaxx ...i av deep interest in african traditional religion dat i even av some renowned babalawo as friends .here on nairaland and on facebook ..bt al babalawo see differently ..so i wud want u to perform a divination 4 me??wil it be possible?
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by vaxx: 6:37pm On Aug 27, 2017
Christane:
so vaxx ...i av deep interest in african traditional religion dat i even av some renowned babalawo as friends .here on nairaland and on facebook ..bt al babalawo see differently ..so i wud want u to perform a divination 4 me??wil it be possible?
I am not an expert yet. I can only give you guidelines. which i have done.
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by meliziz12(m): 6:38pm On Aug 27, 2017
LIFE IS MEDERTERMINED!
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by stabilizer: 6:41pm On Aug 27, 2017
vaxx:
as an africanist. destiny is real ori apeere. the destiny. ori ni meja lawo. ori mi gbe mi.(my destiny make a path for me)

This is what odu IFA says. (oracle womb) At the moment of conception, in the domain of Ajala Mopin (Ori), certain irreversible decisions are made.

The are made in two areas: the physical and the spiritual. The physical area with which we are obviously familiar includes gender, sexual orientation, race,color, and the Host of physical senses such as sight, smell, hearing and touch.

All of these will be, in some sense; dependent upon the choices we made inour physical self.

The spiritual side of Ori is also chosen, but it is divided into two areas.

The first, Apari-inu represents character; Ori-Apere represents destiny.

Destiny itself is divided into three areas: Akunleyan, Akunlegba, and Ayanmo. Akunleyan is the request youmake at Ajale's domain- what you would like in specifics during this lifetimes.

The number of years you wish to live, the kinds of success you hope to achieve, the relationships you desire, the wisdom you seek to accumulate. Akunlegba are those things given to you to help you achieve these things. Both Akunleyan and Akunlegba can be modified or enhanced by sacrifice and ritual throughout our lives.Ayanmo is that part of our destiny which cannot be changed: our gender, race, sexuality etc.
The famous Yoruba wisdom: "It is easier to change a man's destiny than his character" any question?

Please explain what faith means according to your understanding ..
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by tosyne2much(m): 6:43pm On Aug 27, 2017
bubbychis:
The fact is dat ur destiny can not be altered but can be delayed... Destiny is pre installed app in human system it has no option for uninstall...it might take u time to discover the usual use of dat app..���
I don't agree with you bro. There's no destiny pre-installed app on any man

Nobody is destined to marry a troublesome wife. It all depends on the kind of woman you choose as a wife

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by smileyoo: 6:45pm On Aug 27, 2017
this is a complicated question, especially to the lay man. the law of sowing & reaping governs the universe. so whatever you put into the universe, you get back in return, so whatever you called destiny is determined by your actions or in-actions. that is why the bible says: do not be deceived, whatever a man soweth, that he 'll receive. the belief that one can ulter natural laws for un-deserved wealth or fortunes, is what is fueling these ritual cases. but they 're wrong, any of the successful ones 're only postponing their evil days. they 'll reap what they sowed. therefore sowing & reaping is the only destiny of man.
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by Christane: 6:46pm On Aug 27, 2017
vaxx ...i was told by a babalawo here on nairaland who perform a face divination 4 me ...nd what he told me was dat i was destine to achieve success through mistakes and correction nd dat i shud nt give up dat great success awaits me in d future ...what does achieving success by mistakes and corrections mean in african traditional religion??
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by teshyberry(f): 6:46pm On Aug 27, 2017
Naomi222:
Yes what wil be wil be.Know matter how much we try our destiny can never be change at all.

Maybe in relationships wot will be will be
because u most times can't deny your heart
what /who it wants .

Time has a way of fixing our destinies!
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by Benekruku(m): 6:47pm On Aug 27, 2017
Nothing like destiny!

Every man has a choice to make his/her tomorrow however the wish!

Is absolutely a fuss believing you re destined to be anything. It's a mirage
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by stabilizer: 6:48pm On Aug 27, 2017
mrakin:
1. Why not jump down from a ten storey building, what will be will be
2. Why not decide to stay indoors without going to work, what will be will be
3. Why do you take your bath, brush your teeth and clean your hands regularly, what will be will be.
4.why not close your eyes while driving or riding a bike, what will be will be.

God will not do for you whatever you can do by yourself. Be responsible only pray for God's guidance

Everything you mentioned has happened before to those that were destined with such actions /journey. What of a mad man who doesn't bath nor brush let alone cleaning his hands? Do you mean no one has ever jumped from storey building before? I don't understand you. Your basket of wisdom & understand will determine your character which will mostly guide you towards your real self
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by TinaAnita(f): 6:49pm On Aug 27, 2017
No one can respond to that question accurately except the Creator..
Life is a mystery and the things we don't know are bigger than whatever we know.

But in my opinion I'd say destiny is real and I believe it can be twisted/manipulated/altered by our actions and inactions. I also believe that one can take destiny into her hands. One can achieve anything life can offer.

However, there are certain things that are beyond one's control and that's where "what will be will be" comes to play. Take for instance, if someone is not destined to love you there is nothing anyone can do about it.
I hope my opinion helps.. Hmm

5 Likes

Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by Benekruku(m): 6:49pm On Aug 27, 2017
BigFM70:
Destiny is God's blueprint for your life.

Meaning people re destined for hell already?
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by tosyne2much(m): 6:49pm On Aug 27, 2017
Princewell2012:

You have made a very good point. Even the bible does not also believe in destiny. He said whoever did not work, let him not eat. so your destiny is your hand, and thsts where prayer comes in. What you sow is what you read. God bless you sir.
Thank you my brother
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by Benekruku(m): 6:51pm On Aug 27, 2017
TinaAnita:
Life is a mystery and the things we don't know are bigger than whatever we know.

But in my opinion I'd say destiny is real and I believe it can be twisted/manipulated/altered by our actions and inactions. I also believe that one can take destiny into her hands. One can achieve anything life can offer.

However, there are certain things that are beyond one's control and that's where "what will be will be" comes to play. Take for instance, if someone is not destined to love you there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Your re contracting yourself.

Is it real. Yes or No!
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by tosyne2much(m): 6:53pm On Aug 27, 2017
TinaAnita:

Bringing romance into this is not a stance to justify destiny.

There's nobody destined to be anybody's husband or wife. It all depends on our choices and preferences
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by vaxx: 6:53pm On Aug 27, 2017
stabilizer:

Please explain what faith means according to your understanding ..
faith according to Yoruba philosophy is a divine journey to the inner self and God consciousness.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 27, 2017
[quote author=Rayd502 post=59878250] I think destiny cannot be altered...The story of Greek story of oedipus comes to mind,when at birth the oracle predicted that he was going to kill his father and marry his mother. Shortly after Oedipus ’ birth, his father, King Laius of Thebes, learned from an oracle that he, Laius, was doomed to perish by the hand of his own son, and so ordered his wife Jocasta to kill the infant.
However, neither she nor her servant could bring themselves to kill him and he was abandoned to elements. There he was found and brought up by a shepherd, before being taken in and raised in the court of the childless King Polybus of Corinth as if he were his own son.

Stung by rumours that King Polybus was not his father,Oedipus consulted an oracle and which fortold he wld kill his father and marry his mother.Desparate to avoid his foretold fate and believing Polybus and Merope to be his biological parents Oedipus fled Corinth.
Long and short,what the oracle forsaw came to pass...Destiny is can also be attributed the sum of actions and inactions we take in the course of our life.All factors intertwine leading one into his destiny.[/quote
Right on point

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by chronos: 6:57pm On Aug 27, 2017
Xtaceeey:
Yes. Que sera sera. The altered destiny is also the future that was predicted to be.

Whatever happens on the course of your destiny is also what was supposed to have happened in your future. That's my point.
you deserve a gold medal. What will be will be and "what is" is what would have been. It's simple logic!
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by prinzfavian(m): 6:58pm On Aug 27, 2017
First let's consider the meaning of destiny:

1. That to which any person or thing is destined; a predetermined state; a condition foreordained by the Divine or by human will; fate; lot; doom.

2. The fixed order of things; invincible necessity; fate; an irresistible power or agency conceived of as determining the future, whether in general or of an individual.

From the above definitions, destiny is said to be fixed..perfectly mapped out from the very beginning of such person's life.... Then, whatever happens to that person must be according to his or her already written script...

Now here are some few questions if destiny were to be true....

Why do we look left and right when crossing the road or run out of the road if we saw an oncoming vehicle trying to hit us... If our time to die has been predestined why take any precaution to save oneself, if it's not your time to die then you won't, you don't need to do anything, remember your whole life and action has been mapped out which means you're not in control of your life.

Also, if there was anything like destiny, means whatever is happening now is what has been mapped out or planned from the onset.... It's been destined that you'll open this thread on Sunday, and I'll be commenting right now as I am on this thread... The list goes on,..... The concept of destiny opposes the concept of free will...
Everyone is wherever they are today because of the decisions they made and actions they took moments before now not according to some perfectly planned out script... That's what I call freewill not destiny...
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by mykh01(m): 6:58pm On Aug 27, 2017
Hmmn nice poser, but this sort of debate are philosophical debate, you cant just take a position full headed. Both side of the argument are quite right we av seen cases where destiny prevail. Likewise there have been instances where a bad lot is overturned with the aid of hard work and persistence.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by Auntie1(f): 7:01pm On Aug 27, 2017
The fact still remains that we are the architect of whatever we become. We have the choice to change course or move straight ahead.
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by stabilizer: 7:03pm On Aug 27, 2017
vaxx:
faith according to Yoruba philosophy is a divine journey to the inner self and God consciousness.

Sorry I mean fate
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by stabilizer: 7:05pm On Aug 27, 2017
vaxx:

Oh I mean fate
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by Kylekent59: 7:05pm On Aug 27, 2017
It's a NO from me.
You have to make a move to make a change.

If you didn't practise, you won't be perfect.

Life can be fair or unfair to man at his starting point. It is now left for man to make his/her decision whether to progress in life or not. You have to be your self and don't compromise.

destiny can also be altered. Let us use politics as a case study.
A politician was aspiring for a post and he needed the post willingly. He bribed the youths and at the end he won,then in return the youths are suffering. Had it been d youth voted the right person, they would have gotten a benefiting job, but because of ignorance they voted d wrong choice.
Destiny can be bought, we call it wisdom of man.
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by 1metre: 7:08pm On Aug 27, 2017
Your destiny is in your idea.
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 27, 2017
Look dis people wasting brain cells

Make i tell you

WHAT WILL BE, MUST BE unless God says otherwise

This otherwise can happen due to

1- Prayers
2-Wickedness of homo-sapiens

in short only God knows whats best for you, though your destiny is already written & shown to you way b4 you were born into this world & YOU ACCEPTED. Just pray for the best. As God can change anything instantly without you even realizing.

If you can understand this simple truth, then my brother you have already reached halfway to everlasting happiness in this miserable world

Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by vaxx: 7:10pm On Aug 27, 2017
Christane:
vaxx ...i was told by a babalawo here on nairaland who perform a face divination 4 me ...nd what he told me was dat i was destine to achieve success through mistakes and correction nd dat i shud nt give up dat great success awaits me in d future ...what does achieving success by mistakes and corrections mean in african traditional religion??
I think is a simple grammar. be careful you do not fall into the hands of fraudsters. for personal help follow this IFA basic instruction and you will achieved your success as soon as possible.

1 this is a benevolent universe created by a benevolent oludmare

2 fear comes from ramifications of shorttime thinking,with long time thinking. you need have no fear.

3 there is a single creative force olodumare A K A GOD for the non native.

4 waiting to transition with judgmental GOD and a non existence devil. steals your future.

5 it is your birthright to be joyful , successful and be loved.

6 personal empowerment is the path of success and fullfilment.

7 you are part of the universe in a never ending symbiotic relationship

.8 character determines the outcome

9 All supremacy is evil

10 you must never initiate harm to another human being

11 you must never harm the universe of which you are part

12 discrimination is personally and culturally destructive.

13 diversity is the template of olodumare(GOD)creation.

14 you select your destiny.

15 divination provides a road map to your destiny.

16 you can not fix things. you must repair what is actually causing the problem.
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by policy12: 7:13pm On Aug 27, 2017
vaxx:
I am not an expert yet. I can only give you guidelines. which i have done.

Presently I am going tru a lot,lost my job and other challenges, can I attribute ds to what will be will be or my Fate or Destiny?
What lies ahead is it evil can it be altetd or good how can fast forward. I wait ur reply.
Re: Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? by haske7(f): 7:19pm On Aug 27, 2017
It is d theory of fools.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Unwholesome Habits You Must Abandon In 2022. / If You Say Nonsense About Me, I'll Take Your Picture To My Altar - Odumeje / Is The Man Who Cannot Provide For His Family Really Worse Than An Infidel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.