Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

I Want To Change My 2003 Toyota Highlander Engine - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Want To Change My 2003 Toyota Highlander Engine (3643 Views)

Finally Let Go Of My 2003 Accord! / Help Please My 2003 Toyota Camry Won’t Rev Pass 3000rpm / My 2003 Camry Automatic Gear Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Change My 2003 Toyota Highlander Engine by Jethrolite(m): 11:59am On Aug 27, 2017
Hello house, I want to change my Toyota highlander engine from V6 to l4. Please I want to know if there are any dangers involved in doing so?
Re: I Want To Change My 2003 Toyota Highlander Engine by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 27, 2017
Jethrolite:
Hello house, I want to change my Toyota highlander engine from V6 to V4. Please I want to know if there are any dangers involved in doing so?
Follow honmusa... He can do it. But why do you wanna do such a thing?
Re: I Want To Change My 2003 Toyota Highlander Engine by Jethrolite(m): 12:04pm On Aug 27, 2017
angels09:

Follow honmusa... He can do it. But why do you wanna do such a thing?
Fuel consumption, I've been averaging 40k monthly on fuel.

Cc: honmusa
Re: I Want To Change My 2003 Toyota Highlander Engine by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 27, 2017
Jethrolite:
Fuel consumption, I've been averaging 40k monthly on fuel.
Just sell the car and get a corolla. If you are sure that car is functioning well.

BTW what is your monthly cruise like to warrant 40k fuel

Re: I Want To Change My 2003 Toyota Highlander Engine by Jethrolite(m): 12:28pm On Aug 27, 2017
angels09:

Just sell the car and get a corolla. If you are sure that car is functioning well.

BTW what is your monthly cruise like to warrant 40k fuel
I bought the car in January, a very good buy, no problem at all to date.

I don't really measure but I get 10k fuel weekly. There are barely no roads in my town, driving a low car is just trouble.
Re: I Want To Change My 2003 Toyota Highlander Engine by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:28pm On Aug 27, 2017
Jethrolite:
Hello house, I want to change my Toyota highlander engine from V6 to l4. Please I want to know if there are any dangers involved in doing so?

2az engine and transmission (10pin) 320k
wire harnes 10k

engine ecu 40k

engine subframe and mounts 80k

C/V joints 25k

exhaust and catalytic converter 85k

radiator and cooling fans 42k

e remain but just manage this preliminary off the top of my head.

the only danger I see is to your pocket wink

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Change My 2003 Toyota Highlander Engine by Jethrolite(m): 12:32pm On Aug 27, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

wire harnes 10k

engine ecu 40k

C/V joints 25k

Wow, I was planning on swapping my current engine and adding a little change. This quotation is not friendly at all.
Re: I Want To Change My 2003 Toyota Highlander Engine by uboma(m): 12:32pm On Aug 27, 2017
Jethrolite:

Wrong move.

Better sell your highlander and look for a smaller car to buy.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Change My 2003 Toyota Highlander Engine by uboma(m): 12:35pm On Aug 27, 2017
Jethrolite:
I bought the car in January, a very good buy, no problem at all to date.

I don't really measure but I get 10k fuel weekly. There are barely no roads in my town, driving a low car is just trouble.

Buying 10k on a weekly basis is not too bad for your spec of Toyota Highlanger V6
Re: I Want To Change My 2003 Toyota Highlander Engine by Jethrolite(m): 12:58pm On Aug 27, 2017
uboma:

Wrong move.

Better sell your highlander and look for a smaller car to buy.
I actually spent alot upgrading the car, I feel I will be short changed selling it.

Business is no longer like before, things have slowed down and I feel like I'm just wasting money.

You can see the upgrades I did to the tyres and wheels, also installed reverse camera, zenon headlights and audio woofer.
Re: I Want To Change My 2003 Toyota Highlander Engine by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:05pm On Aug 27, 2017
Jethrolite:
I actually spent alot upgrading the car, I feel I will be short changed selling it.

Business is no longer like before, things have slowed down and I feel like I'm just wasting money.

You can see the upgrades I did to the tyres and wheels, also installed reverse camera, zenon headlights and audio woofer.

your engine is most likely not running optimal. the difference between both engines is so small, but if the small engine is also not running optimal it will consume more fuel trying to overcome wind resistance and the weight of the car grin

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Change My 2003 Toyota Highlander Engine by Iolo(m): 1:10pm On Aug 27, 2017
@op, first question is what distance in KM do you cover weekly. This will tell if your car actually consumes too much fuel or not.

Also, is your check engine light on?
Re: I Want To Change My 2003 Toyota Highlander Engine by uboma(m): 1:19pm On Aug 27, 2017
Jethrolite:

my point is,

sell your Highlander as it is and get a smaller car of your choice.

you will spend a lot converting this car to a V4 and worse still, it may still not perform optimally....

Your choice remains exclusively yours to make though
Re: I Want To Change My 2003 Toyota Highlander Engine by Jethrolite(m): 1:34pm On Aug 27, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

your engine is most likely not running optimal. the difference between both engines is so small, but if the small engine is also not running optimal it will consume more fuel trying to overcome wind resistance and the weight of the car grin
Please is there a way to make it optimal?
Re: I Want To Change My 2003 Toyota Highlander Engine by Jethrolite(m): 1:35pm On Aug 27, 2017
Ok
Re: I Want To Change My 2003 Toyota Highlander Engine by Jethrolite(m): 1:38pm On Aug 27, 2017
uboma:

my point is,

sell your Highlander as it is and get a smaller car of your choice.

you will spend a lot converting this car to a V4 and worse still, it may still not perform optimally....

Your choice remains exclusively yours to make though
You're right, seeing the list up there I think I'll just sell and get a corolla. My dealer asked me to bring the car in tomorrow for inspection and appraisal. Let me just sell and get a 1.8 litre car.
Re: I Want To Change My 2003 Toyota Highlander Engine by uboma(m): 1:54pm On Aug 27, 2017
Jethrolite:
You're right, seeing the list up there I think I'll just sell and get a corolla. My dealer asked me to bring the car in tomorrow for inspection and appraisal. Let me just sell and get a 1.8 litre car.

Noted!

I hope you will derive pleasure driving the 1.8 litre engine powered car.
Re: I Want To Change My 2003 Toyota Highlander Engine by Inception(m): 2:58pm On Aug 27, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

wire harnes 10k

engine ecu 40k

C/V joints 25k

Boss How much is the 2az engine alone now?
Re: I Want To Change My 2003 Toyota Highlander Engine by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:59pm On Aug 27, 2017
Inception:

Boss How much is the 2az engine alone now?

Re: I Want To Change My 2003 Toyota Highlander Engine by Inception(m): 3:00pm On Aug 27, 2017
uboma:

Noted!

grin
Re: I Want To Change My 2003 Toyota Highlander Engine by Jethrolite(m): 9:13pm On Aug 27, 2017
uboma:

Noted!

Lol, there won't be any pleasure, just getting from point A to B. When I'm on the highway with this car only V8 cars can show off.
Re: I Want To Change My 2003 Toyota Highlander Engine by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 27, 2017
Jethrolite:
Lol, there won't be any pleasure, just getting from point A to B. When I'm on the highway with this car only V8 cars can show off.
Prepare 130k find Gazzuzz go for a tune up. But if na conversion he won't do it. Find mazdaenginepart
Re: I Want To Change My 2003 Toyota Highlander Engine by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:18pm On Aug 27, 2017
angels09:

Prepare 130k find Gazzuzz go for a tune up. But if na conversion he won't do it. Find mazdaenginepart

you no like this guy at all grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Change My 2003 Toyota Highlander Engine by Jethrolite(m): 9:25pm On Aug 27, 2017
angels09:

I want to sell as is, I don't want to worsen the situation of the car then sell if it doesn't work. I actually drive around alot and in the end I don't think the engine really consumes fuel, the next time I fill the tank I'll calculate the distance it carried me and compare to manufacturer's suggestion. Thanks for the suggestion though. Gazzuz is also in Lagos, I actually know that college road but I'm currently in Delta state, Lagos is too tedious.
Re: I Want To Change My 2003 Toyota Highlander Engine by Jethrolite(m): 9:27pm On Aug 27, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

you no like this guy at all grin
Lol, welcome sir. Is there a way you can actually help the situation or is it that I'm just judging the car wrongly?
Re: I Want To Change My 2003 Toyota Highlander Engine by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 27, 2017
Jethrolite:
I want to sell as is, I don't want to worsen the situation of the car then sell if it doesn't work. I actually drive around alot and in the end I don't think the engine really consumes fuel, the next time I fill the tank I'll calculate the distance it carried me and compare to manufacturer's suggestion. Thanks for the suggestion though. Gazzuz is also in Lagos, I actually know that college road but I'm currently in Delta state, Lagos is too tedious.
Well if you really love your car Lagos is not far.
Re: I Want To Change My 2003 Toyota Highlander Engine by Jethrolite(m): 9:50pm On Aug 27, 2017
angels09:

Well if you really love your car Lagos is not far.
Wow, I tell you, Lagos is far. I don't even have a place there anymore, I'll now have to lodge hotel or something. Thanks for your care, you sound a lot like Detola.
Re: I Want To Change My 2003 Toyota Highlander Engine by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 27, 2017
Jethrolite:
Wow, I tell you, Lagos is far. I don't even have a place there anymore, I'll now have to lodge hotel or something. Thanks for your care, you sound a lot like Detola.
Drop off and let Gazzuzz return it
Re: I Want To Change My 2003 Toyota Highlander Engine by Jethrolite(m): 10:00pm On Aug 27, 2017
angels09:

Drop off and let Gazzuzz return it
I don't have that kind of trust.
Re: I Want To Change My 2003 Toyota Highlander Engine by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 27, 2017
Jethrolite:
I don't have that kind of trust.
Ok.
Re: I Want To Change My 2003 Toyota Highlander Engine by Jethrolite(m): 10:08pm On Aug 27, 2017
angels09:

Ok.
Thanks
Re: I Want To Change My 2003 Toyota Highlander Engine by ray48: 10:21pm On Aug 27, 2017
It's not worth it. U ll regret it after doing it. D car will loose Power & will not perform optimally. Just sell it as it is & go for a smaller car. But I really wonder if it's consuming fuel d way u portray it. It's a 3.0 liter engine & generally doesn't guzzle fuel like that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Check Out This Lexus Upgraded From 2000 Model To 2005 Model - See Photos / BMW X6 Vs Range Rover Sport / Is Total Quartz 9000 5w40 Full Synthetic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.