Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World (37510 Views)

Top 10 Nigerian Pentecostal Churches With The Best Choir/Music Department / MFM: We Don't Have The Highest Number Of Single Ladies / Lumumba: Churches With Husband And Wife Pastors Are Pyramid Scheme (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 27, 2017
By Ifelola Olaleye
Christianity as a faith is blessed with thousands of universities which both help to educate and to reform. Considering that there are over 37 million denominations of Christianity, it is hard to successfully group Christian Universities. However, irrespective of this difficulty we can identify the top 5 churches with the largest university systems in the world. This also shows that the trend of church universities springing up in Africa is not unique to Africa. Many of these Universities are ranked top 1000(or top 5%) in the world while some even rank top 200.

1) Catholic universities: 1300
There are over 1,300 catholic universities in the world with some ranking very high on times higher education. Examples of Catholic Universities include University of Notre Dam(143rd in the world), Villanova University, Loyola University Chicago and Georgetown University(104th in the world). There are also about four universities associated with the catholic church in Nigeria.

2) Anglican: 131
University of Chester, St Augustine university, Thorneloe University, Ajayi Crowther university are examples of universities that are owned by the Anglican Church.

3) Adventist: 120

The Adventist church has numerous universities in the world and is also the owner of our very own Babcock University. High ranking Adventist Universities in the world include Oakwood University, Andrew university, La sierra university, walla walla university, Washington Adventist university e.t.c The Adventist church has about 28 universities in Africa, 18 in Europe, 18 in N/America and over 60 in other places.

4) Baptist: 72
The Baptist church has about 60 universities or colleges in the USA and about 11 scattered in other parts of the world. Baylor University(Texas) Eastern University( Pennsylvania) Liberty University(Virginia) Linfield College(Oregon) University of Sioux Falls(South Dakota) are top Baptist Universities in the world other examples of Baptist Universities include Bowen University(Osun), Mount Meru University Tanzania e.t.c

5) Church of Christ: 31
The Church of Christ has some amazing universities like Pepperdine University(which also has one of the most beautiful campus in the world), Obong University(Nigeria), Harding University, Amridge University e.t.c

https://educationexplorersite./2017/08/27/churches-with-the-highest-number-of-universities/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by eezeribe(m): 4:38pm On Aug 27, 2017
It doesn't still make the society a better place... In fact as the numbers increase... So do the vices increase concomitantly.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 27, 2017
University of Notre dam and Georgetown universities are still the best church universities in the world that i know of and they cost about 25,000 USD each. However, Scholarship funds are available.

Also, if you count pentecostal universities as a single church then they would be the second largest in the world.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 27, 2017
eezeribe:
It doesn't still make the society a better place... In fact as the numbers increase... So do the vices increase concomitantly.
That is a lie! Church Universities do reform people and has no correlation with ''increased vices'' as you opined. But even as Jesus Preached and not everyone believed so there are people who attend church universities and still remained unchanged.

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by roldee(m): 9:42pm On Aug 27, 2017
Re: Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by iamJ(m): 9:42pm On Aug 27, 2017
Pastor collects real cash from you, prays for you to get magic cash grin

before i will carry my 5kobo and pay tithe or offering eh, the pastor will carry gun and come to my house and rob me

45 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by Flashh: 9:42pm On Aug 27, 2017
Their poor members aren't invited to those schools.

8 Likes

Re: Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by emeijeh(m): 9:43pm On Aug 27, 2017
It's so worrisome that church goers cannot afford to send their children and wards to these schools.

CHAI!

Na wah o

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by Mbapp84(m): 9:43pm On Aug 27, 2017
Church business

3 Likes

Re: Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by scholes0(m): 9:43pm On Aug 27, 2017
okkk
Although I was expecting you to post stuff relating to us in Nigeria here and not soe foreign owned universities somewhere.
Re: Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by Ayoswit(f): 9:44pm On Aug 27, 2017
K

1 Like

Re: Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by MediumStout(m): 9:44pm On Aug 27, 2017
Biafra will never come angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 27, 2017
Statsocial:

That is a lie! Church Universities do reform people and has no correlation with ''increased vices'' as you opined. But even as Jesus Preached and not everyone believed so there are people who attend church universities and still remained unchanged.
Give me pepperdine

5 Likes

Re: Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by Evergreen4(m): 9:45pm On Aug 27, 2017
I nor even know wetin I go comment, but make I just occupy the space for no reason
Re: Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by babyfaceafrica: 9:45pm On Aug 27, 2017
Statsocial:

fallacy....which church universities reform?..convenat,redeemers or Crawford?..dey there dey make mouth

5 Likes

Re: Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by sleeknick: 9:45pm On Aug 27, 2017
Oh well... Here we go again
Re: Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by dougivilla(m): 9:46pm On Aug 27, 2017
Statsocial:

Some people are just fastidious.

It would have been better if he/she had told what he/she had done to reduce vices in the land.

5 Likes

Re: Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by olamil34(m): 9:46pm On Aug 27, 2017
turning churches into company

1 Like

Re: Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by mccoy47(m): 9:48pm On Aug 27, 2017
Op dats not the Nigerian Madonna university o

1 Like

Re: Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by ofemigeorge(m): 9:48pm On Aug 27, 2017
I noticed....for the past four days now every page I open on nairaland can't load images.... I have to go to the link to see the pics.....but every other page I browse on shows pics...what's wrong?

1 Like

Re: Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by ikorodureporta: 9:49pm On Aug 27, 2017
No b catholic get st Augustine uni??

1 Like

Re: Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by seunny4lif(m): 9:51pm On Aug 27, 2017
How to make free money
Rent a big hall and
tell people God called you
No taxes
Hold a bible cool cool cool

4 Likes

Re: Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by seunny4lif(m): 9:51pm On Aug 27, 2017
Seconded
One was just telling me story and me looking at him like.
Telling my riches are in heaven, but him dey drive Range while I dey used EOD.
iamJ:
Pastor collects real cash from you, prays for you to get magic cash grin

before i will carry my 5kobo and pay tithe or offering eh, the pastor will carry gun and come to my house and rob me

5 Likes

Re: Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by YINKS89(m): 9:51pm On Aug 27, 2017
K.
Re: Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by Franco93: 9:52pm On Aug 27, 2017
About 37 million denominations, and yet we haven't killed devil with our shouts of FIRE! FIRE!!
let's leave this devil and focus on making our world a better place. If supernatural beings exist, let them live in their world and deal with their issues, and let's live in our world and face our issues.

3 Likes

Re: Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by dapyd1(m): 9:52pm On Aug 27, 2017
The Catholic Church is damn rich and getting richer.
Re: Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by b3llo(m): 9:53pm On Aug 27, 2017
Living Faith will soon enter top 10

1 Like

Re: Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by macanu(m): 9:53pm On Aug 27, 2017
omega power ministries(OPM) is an example of a church that build school free of charge with modern facilities,free books,free uniforms,,free lunch.what r d chruchs doing with d offerings and tithes abi they r send it to heaven.opm has no university but imagine if they do,am not a member but I have seen what they r doing which is good.all this churchs will universities r not helping why cant d schools be free even d poor in dat same church can send their children to their own church school so whts d need.
Re: Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by Pavore9: 9:53pm On Aug 27, 2017
The Catholic Church has the biggest network of schools in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 27, 2017
The religion of peace on the other hand has university of ter*****sm

2 Likes

Re: Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by anibi9674: 10:04pm On Aug 27, 2017
ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oshoffa Sharing His Meal With Obasanjo *throwback* / Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... / Video Of Father Mbaka Warning Buhari That Disaster Is Coming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.