Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,384 members, 7,800,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

I Encourage My Children To Speak Like I Do - Patrick Obahiagbon - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Encourage My Children To Speak Like I Do - Patrick Obahiagbon (538 Views)

Car With Learner Sign Crushes Six Children To Death In Edo / Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Covid-19 / How To Speak With Airtel Customer Care Agent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Encourage My Children To Speak Like I Do - Patrick Obahiagbon by Wobegist: 1:35am On Aug 28, 2017
Patrick Obahiagbon in an interview with Punch has said he would love his children to speak like he does, especially his youngest daughter.

His words: “I have said it for the umpteenth time that I have never advertently set out to mystify my audience with what you have referred to as esoteric words and I neither studied Latin.

The truth is that extensive reading is my hobbyhorse and these words and phrases become part of my vocabulary repertoire to use your words. Of course, I have equally posited elsewhere that the dictionary for me is a vade mecum.

It bears reiteration that my family is already used to my idiolect and I am encouraging my kids along that path but of course you know these things cannot be decreed.

I have endeavoured to encourage my children to try and cultivate the gift of the gab especially my young daughter who is exuding all the qualities of a scholar in her formative years and my pleasure will be boundless if one of them can be so motivated.”

Source: http://www.wobegist.com/2017/08/i-encourage-my-children-to-speak-like-i.html

cc; lalasticlala

Re: I Encourage My Children To Speak Like I Do - Patrick Obahiagbon by Benekruku(m): 1:45am On Aug 28, 2017

Brilliant cocciocodisis from a reptre of auctred nalambulache. Dolf my impretus in lieu of my origolache broncholia, for a delatche of jugboric endedem and virid sormophone

1 Like

Re: I Encourage My Children To Speak Like I Do - Patrick Obahiagbon by purityval(m): 4:15am On Aug 28, 2017
Encourage them to communicate effectively not ineffectively/speaking in tongues, thank you.
Re: I Encourage My Children To Speak Like I Do - Patrick Obahiagbon by Wobegist: 9:12am On Aug 28, 2017
cc; lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Giant Pythons Keep Attacking Indonesian People And Palm Oil Might Be To Blame / Mugabe: I Deserve A Statue More Than Jacob Zuma / How To Write An Employment Verification Letter For A Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.