Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,707 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:32 PM

Premier League Not Toughest, Says Guardiola - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Premier League Not Toughest, Says Guardiola (941 Views)

Osimhen One Of My Toughest Opponents — Juventus Legend Chiellini / The Toughest Players Ever In The English Premier League History / Van Dijk A Good Investment, Says Guardiola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Premier League Not Toughest, Says Guardiola by samsonslide: 10:01am On Aug 28, 2017
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola believes the Premier League still has steps to take to become the toughest domestic club competition.

Guardiola is into his second season in charge of City, having won three LaLiga titles – and two Champions Leagues – at the helm of Barcelona and three Bundesliga crowns with Bayern Munich.

But the Spaniard said the Premier League was not yet the most difficult, pointing to the records of English clubs in Europe.

Chelsea were the last English side to reach a decider in the Champions League, claiming the trophy in 2012, with Spain (six times), Germany (two) and Italy (two) the nations with finalists since then.

“I know you like to hear, ‘it is the toughest one, congratulations’. You are the most viewed,” Guardiola said, via the Mirror.

“Of course the Premier League is tough, so tough. But I would not say going to the [Santiago] Bernabeu, Camp Nou, [Athletic] Bilbao, Sevilla is easy.

“Because in the last decade, all the Spanish teams arrive in the Champions League and Europa League. Winning the Europa League – like Sevilla did three times in a row.

“The Premier League will be tough when, this is going to happen with five teams in the Champions League, they can achieve the last rounds.

“After we can say, ‘that is the toughest league’. We have to make that step.”

Guardiola’s side claimed a dramatic 2-1 win at Bournemouth on Saturday to make it seven points from three league games, enough to sit fourth in the table.
Read More Sport News:https://www.sportlineng.com/more-news/
Re: Premier League Not Toughest, Says Guardiola by Princefrankie1(m): 10:25am On Aug 28, 2017
Lol. Guardiola knows how to deal with this always hyping propagandistic Epl press. Lol

I just so love this man. He deals with facts. If you think he is wrong, counter him with facts and not hearsay.

I don't know where they dig up the claims that Epl is toughest. Just because they don't watch other leagues, they conclude Epl is better. Smh

Epl is filled with flawed teams with little or no tactical awareness. You just need to look at the way Real Madrid plays to realise the difference in class.

They just run too much without the ball in Epl, which makes the game more pulsating and interesting to a viewer with little or no knowledge of football.

But in Spain, the football does the running while the players stay in tactical positions. Their continuous and domineering success in Europe buttresses this argument.

Someone will come now with their usual argument of "Just Barcelona and Real Madrid" as if Athletic Bilbao did not disgrace Manchester United home and away in Europe, while Athletico Madrid battered Chelsea in Super cup final, not forgetting what Sevilla did to this same Liverpool that bisected Arsenal yesterday. Lol.

Before the season started, the propaganda press said we now have 6 top teams in Epl contesting for the league title, how

So Arsenal, Liverpool, and Everton of all club is contesting too
Everton? Lol. Because they spent £200m on summer recruits, now they are contenders?

Come on! We all know the league is between the two Manchester clubs and Chelsea. I can bet my last dime on that. Who una dey deceive? Lol

Apart from the Leicester city fairytale which happens once in decades in virtually all leagues, which other club has won the Epl in over a decade now apart from Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea? Who else? And it's still between them this season too.

These three clubs have dominated for over a decade, just like Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atletico Madrid have dominated in Laliga too. So the EPL winner too, is very predictable.

Flawed teams everywhere. From bottom table Westham to the top, Manchester United, all flawed. That's why the results are always heart shattering for punters. Due to some silly unprofessional mistakes made by the so called big teams.

Imagine the infantile mistakes Arsenal made severally against Liverpool?? All 4 goals were gifted to Liverpool. All counter attacks. Lack of Positional awareness. That's why they can't win any good team in other leagues.

Now, I love the fact that we have 5 of their mediocre teams in Champions League this season. After spending over £1billion on players and still counting, the Epl teams would have no excuses if they fail to take home the Champions League trophy this season because they have the numerical advantage, and the league as they claim, is the best. Lol

Just like Pep said, "Epl is most viewed, not the best." Read up his points of argument, and try to counter that. For someone who has worked in Spain and Germany for years, and now at England. He is in the best position than anyone, to judge.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Premier League Not Toughest, Says Guardiola by kellycute(m): 11:49am On Aug 28, 2017
And yet guadiolar is finding it hard to win silverware with Man City. This is not Spain or Germany, this is England. He gonna sweat before he can win the league. The competition is just hella much unlike in Spain where you can easily predict who gonna win the league, that's between Barca and Real Madrid.

3 Likes

Re: Premier League Not Toughest, Says Guardiola by millhouse: 12:16pm On Aug 28, 2017
Hu
Princefrankie1:
Lol. Guardiola knows how to deal with this always hyping propagandistic Epl press. Lol

I just so love this man. He deals with facts. If you think he is wrong, counter him with facts and not hearsay.

I don't know where they dig up the claims that Epl is toughest. Just because they don't watch other leagues, they conclude Epl is better. Smh

Epl is filled with flawed teams with little or no tactical awareness. You just need to look at the way Real Madrid plays to realise the difference in class.

They just run too much without the ball in Epl, which makes the game more pulsating and interesting to a viewer with little or no knowledge of football.

But in Spain, the football does the running while the players stay in tactical positions. Their continuous and domineering success in Europe buttresses this argument.

Someone will come now with their usual argument of "Just Barcelona and Real Madrid" as if Athletic Bilbao did not disgrace Manchester United home and away in Europe, while Athletico Madrid battered Chelsea in Super cup final, not forgetting what Sevilla did to this same Liverpool that bisected Arsenal yesterday. Lol.

Before the season started, the propaganda press said we now have 6 top teams in Epl contesting for the league title, how

So Arsenal, Liverpool, and Everton of all clubs is contesting too

Come on, we all know the league is between the two Manchester clubs and Chelsea. Who una dey deceive? Lol

Flawed teams everywhere. From bottom table Westham to the top Manchester United, all flawed. That's why the results are always heart shattering for punters.

Now, I love the fact that we have 5 of their mediocre teams in Champions League this season. After spending over £1billion pounds on players, they have no excuses than to deliver the Champions League to England this season because they have the numerical advantage, and league is the best. Lol

Just like Pep said, "Epl is most viewed, not the best" He has worked in Spain and Germany for years, now at England. So he is in the right position to judge.
I tell u... Pick a neutralist to watch the weekend games of a newcastel vs westham and that of a malaga vs levante game, you go know say them no dey play ball for England just to dey run up and down
Re: Premier League Not Toughest, Says Guardiola by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 28, 2017
Princefrankie1:

So Arsenal, Liverpool, and Everton of all clubs is contesting too

Come on, we all know the league is between the two Manchester clubs and Chelsea. Who una dey deceive? Lol

Flawed teams everywhere. From bottom table Westham to the top Manchester United, all flawed. That's why the results are always heart shattering for punters.

Now, I love the fact that we have 5 of their mediocre teams in Champions League this season. After spending over £1billion pounds on players, they have no excuses than to deliver the Champions League to England this season because they have the numerical advantage, and league is the best. Lol

Just like Pep said, "Epl is most viewed, not the best" He has worked in Spain and Germany for years, now at England. So he is in the right position to judge.
I understand where u 're going..but before u go there...understand the question first. .."TOUGH" IN parentheses is the watchword. ..
What do u call a tough league..?
A league that I can predict match outcomes 95%?
Ok let me predict ....Madrid or Barcelona is gonna win the laliga..I can borrow loan from the bank and bet on that without any high blood pressure throughout the season...

But in ENGLAND can u bet ur last card the manutd and mancity is gonna carry the league..or even Chelsea..?
That means u wanna see urself die.. grin
U can bring this ur argument when we talk of the most successful league in Europe and not TOUGHEST. . cool

3 Likes

Re: Premier League Not Toughest, Says Guardiola by samsonsax: 1:00pm On Aug 28, 2017
MAKE UNA SHA NO FIGHT FOR FUTBALL MATTER
Re: Premier League Not Toughest, Says Guardiola by gibzzhd: 7:09pm On Aug 28, 2017
kellycute:
And yet guadiolar is finding it hard to win silverware with Man City. This is not Spain or Germany, this is England. He gonna sweat before he can win the league. The competition is just hella much unlike in Spain where you can easily predict who gonna win the league, that's between Barca and Real Madrid.
pls compare this city side with gadiolar barca or Bayern side.This city can't compete for titles any were else than in England.They would be blew away in Spain and Germany.And in Europe who can they beat?
Re: Premier League Not Toughest, Says Guardiola by Segadem(m): 9:58pm On Aug 28, 2017
gibzzhd:

pls compare this city side with gadiolar barca or Bayern side.This city can't compete for titles any were else than in England.They would be blew away in Spain and Germany.And in Europe who can they beat?
I think u and Pep have problem with the word "tough" EPL is tough doesn't mean is better than laliga or bundesliga or vice vicer,
We are talking about domestic league here and Pep was using finalists of UCL for the past 5 years as his yardstic, even second tier league is more competitive than the first, league like championship in England, seria B in Italy, league 2 in France because no one can predict which will get promotion, and it is also believed by some pundits that Europa league is even tough as UCL (not better) I can predict four team out of eight team that will play the UCL quarter final, can any predict 8 teams that will play in Europa quarter final? ...that's is the meaning of the word tough
Re: Premier League Not Toughest, Says Guardiola by Fuzoma(m): 10:52pm On Aug 28, 2017
kellycute:
Guy u sabi football........me you and pep have the same view on this matter.........Epl likes to hear what it wants to hear......Epl is just the most viewed......why a lot of upsets?Na because alot of average but overhyped teams are playing against themselves

(1) (Reply)

All You Need To Know About The 32 Teams That Made It To Russia 2018 World Cup / Cristiano Ronaldo On The Verge Of Breaking Another Champions League Record. / Pfmbet.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.