Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,769 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

Sad Revelations Of South African Villagers 'tired Of Eating Human Flesh' - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Sad Revelations Of South African Villagers 'tired Of Eating Human Flesh' (451 Views)

Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers / Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo / Villagers In Indonesia Killed 300 Crocodile After One Killed A Man(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sad Revelations Of South African Villagers 'tired Of Eating Human Flesh' by nusto: 10:48am On Aug 28, 2017
View source: https://www.trendiee.com/news/sad-revelations-south-african-villagers-tired-eating-human-flesh/

When inyanga Nino Mbatha walked into the Estcourt police station last weekend, officers wondered why he smelt so bad.

"He reeked of something," an officer told the Sunday Times this week.

The officer, who was an acquaintance of the well-known traditional healer, said policemen were not immediately sure what the smell was as Mbatha walked up to the desk at about 6pm on Friday.

They would find out in grisly fashion. In the bag Mbatha carried were putrid body parts - a piece of a leg and a hand.

"He said he was coming to report that he was tired of being made to eat human flesh and wanted out," said one of a group of officers close to the investigation.

"He produced these putrid limbs and some colleagues ran off."

This stomach-churning interaction led to the uncovering of a deep, dark secret in the KwaZulu-Natal Midlands town. If police, community members and even the mayor are to be believed, people in Estcourt have been eating human flesh as part of a saga involving body parts for muti.

Five men have been arrested on charges of murder and conspiracy to commit murder, and for the possession of human body parts. The men - Mbatha, Lungisani Magubane, Khayo Lamula, Mgabadeli Masondo and Jobe Sithole - will appear in court tomorrow for a bail application.

Police believe that in at least one case the body parts came from a woman who was murdered by the men. The Sunday Times has established that at least three graves were dug up in June. Two of the desecrated graves are in the town's Forderville Cemetery, while the other is in a traditional burial site.

When the Sunday Times visited the area this week, it found a community shaken to its core.

When night falls in Estcourt and its surrounding rural villages, residents hurry indoors. Only those who work late shifts or who absolutely have to be are on the streets - and they are usually walking hastily to get to the safety of their homes.

The fact that he could have eaten him just makes me sick to the stomach

Ntombifuthi Sithole, Mongezi Mkhize’s mother

"I knock off at 9pm and have to walk 2km to my place. I have asked my boss to change me to a day shift. I'm new in Estcourt and my family is worried about me," said Sindi Mtolo, who works for a fast-food outlet.

View source: https://www.trendiee.com/news/sad-revelations-south-african-villagers-tired-eating-human-flesh/

Re: Sad Revelations Of South African Villagers 'tired Of Eating Human Flesh' by kingxsamz(m): 11:09am On Aug 28, 2017
chai
Re: Sad Revelations Of South African Villagers 'tired Of Eating Human Flesh' by leofab(f): 1:05am On Aug 29, 2017
Lala come and see cannibals

(1) (Reply)

Spanish Police Occupy Catalan Tech Hub Before Banned Vote / Breaking: Europian Parliament Considers Catalonia Referendum-cnn / Zimbabwe: Robert Mugabe's Forced But Well-endowed Retirement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.