Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,771 members, 7,802,360 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin (21746 Views)

IPPIS: I Earn Salary Of Graduate Assistant - Sulyman Abdulkareem, VC Unilorin / Professor Charles Egbu Appointed Vice-chancellor Of Leeds Trinity University, UK / Prof Charles Igwe Emerges New Vice Chancellor of UNN (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by Mudarris: 7:40pm On Aug 28, 2017
nickxtra:
A religious fanatic spotted.

Let me waka pass.....
Because he isn't a Christian makes him fanatic? Because he gave a counter argument makes him a religious fanatic?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by Basic123: 7:58pm On Aug 28, 2017
nickxtra:
When will a non Muslim become Unilorin's VC?
The day a muslim become VC at University of Ibadan and OAU

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by Augiiee(m): 8:03pm On Aug 28, 2017
DiegoNakel:
We Are The Better By Far University...
A better Won Faa
Like If You Agree !!!
Your sentence makes your arguement looks inferior/Weak
Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by jaggabban: 8:05pm On Aug 28, 2017
superior1:
Being a practicing Muslim is the first and most important criteria to VC position in Unilorin, Prof. Balogun nearly broke that jinx but he was resisted and frustrated, he later left to become VC in FUNAAB
Tell me a Muslim vc dat had headed UNN. Haha!!! What is it with Christians na?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by ashawopikin(m): 8:06pm On Aug 28, 2017
slow news day

Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by Basic123: 8:08pm On Aug 28, 2017
Airoflaw:
no mind those people wit their agenda
like the christianization agenda in OAU and UI?

4 Likes

Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by Basics123(m): 8:15pm On Aug 28, 2017
middlebelter:
Since the time of Prof Oyinloye, the Muslim have perfected their plan to block Christians from becoming the VC of that university. This man will be the 4th consecutive Muslim VC. You want us to believe there is no Islamic agenda?
Visit the school website almost all the council members are Muslim. Prof Ọba planted them in strategic position and subsequent administration have perfected the plan. How do you want to debunk the claim of Islamic agenda?

How do you debunk the Christian agenda in UI & OAU

6 Likes

Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by Basics123(m): 8:16pm On Aug 28, 2017
nickxtra:
When will a non Muslim become Unilorin's VC?

When will a non Christian become OAU's VC?

5 Likes

Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by lexy2014: 8:38pm On Aug 28, 2017
oviejnr:
no, but my cousins are alumni
I am an alumni and I don't agree with u that students of unilorin are treated as teenagers

2 Likes

Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by RALPHOW(m): 8:52pm On Aug 28, 2017
IS IT A STATE OR FEDERAL OR ISLAMIC UNIVERSITY, WHY ONLY MUSLIM VC ? SOMETHING IS WRONG!!!
Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by Ajewealth123(m): 9:02pm On Aug 28, 2017
oviejnr:
You mean the advance secondary university right, the only reason I like the Institution is their short session but unfortunately the school authorities still treat them like teenagers tongue tongue
that was then during our oloyede's tenure, am Bali spoilt everything else when he resumed
Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by ajiboye68(m): 9:10pm On Aug 28, 2017
middlebelter:
Since the time of Prof Oyinloye, the Muslim have perfected their plan to block Christians from becoming the VC of that university. This man will be the 4th consecutive Muslim VC. You want us to believe there is no Islamic agenda?
Visit the school website almost all the council members are Muslim. Prof Ọba planted them in strategic position and subsequent administration have perfected the plan. How do you want to debunk the claim of Islamic agenda?
So University of ibadan that has been producing Christian as her vice chancellor for eons is not a Christian agenda..how many eastern Universities has Muslim as it's vice chancellor self?. The problem is with his religion not even what he has to offer. Na WA o

5 Likes

Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by Adansonia57: 9:17pm On Aug 28, 2017
Some people are simply attitudinal illiterates! You're here crying just because Muslims are being appointed to head a school located in a predominantly Muslim enclave. But you are so myopic and fail to realize that no Muslim has ever been appointed as VC of the premier University of Ibadan despite the huge population of Muslim professors in that University and the location of the school in Ibadan being a predominantly Muslim city. Ditto for OAU, Ife. Are u telling me there are no qualified Muslim professors in these 2 schools? Some people just have to grow some brains!!!

11 Likes

Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:33pm On Aug 28, 2017
RALPHOW:
IS IT A STATE OR FEDERAL OR ISLAMIC UNIVERSITY, WHY ONLY MUSLIM VC ? SOMETHING IS WRONG SOMEEHERE.
Until muslim become VCs in OAU, UI, Unijos and schools in the east, that is when you can go against Unilorin. Hypocrisy is bad. Next time stop commenting in capital letter, It means you are shouting.

4 Likes

Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by Dammytemmy(f): 9:48pm On Aug 28, 2017
Our Alma Mata.

1 Like

Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by middlebelter(m): 9:49pm On Aug 28, 2017
ajiboye68:
So University of ibadan that has been producing Christian as her vice chancellor for eons is not a Christian agenda..how many eastern Universities has Muslim as it's vice chancellor self?. The problem is with his religion not even what he has to offer. Na WA o

Thank you for confirming my claim. I don't know what is happening in UI, but you certainly have confirmed that the plan at Unilorin is in response to what is happening in UI or I'm SE with little or no Islamic population. You certainly know that the Christian /Muslim ratio in Kwara state isn't that wide for a particular religion to lead for that long.
For the record, I have nothing personal against the VC, I hope he will sustain the raising profile of the school. Just that I believe in fairness and that institutions should be designed to respond to our diversity as a society. That is where our strength lies.

1 Like

Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by middlebelter(m): 9:50pm On Aug 28, 2017
ajiboye68:

Thank you for confirming my claim. I don't know what is happening in UI, but you certainly have confirmed that the plan at Unilorin is in response to what is happening in UI or I'm SE with little or no Islamic population. You certainly know that the Christian /Muslim ratio in Kwara state isn't that wide for a particular religion to lead for that long.
For the record, I have nothing personal against the VC, I hope he will sustain the raising profile of the school. Just that I believe in fairness and that institutions should be designed to respond to our diversity as a society. That is where our strength lies.

1 Like

Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 28, 2017
Johnnyessence:
Congrats to the new VC. Well from my angle the immediate VC choose this one by himself likewise the way The current jamb registrar prof olanrewaju oloyede choose Ambali. Well I guess the new VC is a professional engineer. My advice for him is to do well and establish more faculty in engineering and employ more staff too.

MokuMogbeModaru
Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by middlebelter(m): 9:59pm On Aug 28, 2017
Quality20:

wen xtian keep things to themselves it's not xtian agenda but wen Muslim rule it's Muslim agenda ko?
Anyway it can happen anyhow, a xtian may one day be VC, but don't hope for a xtian VC in ABU, BUK, UDUS or UNIMAID

I just hope there are people sharing my concern on this matter? I know about Unilorin because am a product of the school, I don't know untill now the situation in UI and OAU.
The truth is that if we can not adapt our citadel of excellence to reflect our diversity, how then do we intend to solve the challenges in our society? Products of the institution we end up have deformed mindset about the other strata of the society?
I sincerely wish Nigeria well but it appears we are not sincere with ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by eruditeTJCares: 10:24pm On Aug 28, 2017
Actually your low IQ and religious sentiment won't allow you to utilise the opportunity u have to surf the Internet and check the names and religions of the first five vice chancellors of the university whether they ar actually a Muslim as absurdly claimed by you
superior1:
Being a practicing Muslim is the first and most important criteria to VC position in Unilorin, Prof. Balogun nearly broke that jinx but he was resisted and frustrated, he later left to become VC in FUNAAB

3 Likes

Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by Welcomme: 10:36pm On Aug 28, 2017
Who cursed us with religion in this country? No body has made any sensible comment here since, all comments here are centered around which school has Muslim VC and which school has christian VC.... Y can't u guyz just leave religion out of some things?

1 Like

Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by Alkanoicacid(m): 12:39am On Aug 29, 2017
superior1:

And have ever seen a Muslim become a VC in UI? Double standard oshi.

2 Likes

Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by asunmoGGMU(m): 6:31am On Aug 29, 2017
superior1:

Mind you, you don't even know the politics that played out in the interview and selection process. Professor Age had the support of the Christian community in the institution as against the wish of Ilorin Emirate's.

Pls, let us learn to restrain on some certain things.

Can you tell me the last time a Muslim was the Vice Chancellor of University of Nigeria, Nsukka?

It is simply the country we are in. Wherever Muslims are predominant, Muslims rule and vice-versa. Pls don't cry foul.

#BitterTruth

1 Like

Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by asunmoGGMU(m): 6:40am On Aug 29, 2017
bimbim75:
We have better Christian profs that are better qualified than him in unilorin,but i know God will judge.

Give us names sir. Let us start from there.

Then, we'll compare their experience, grit, and capability in all ramification.

1 Like

Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by plantae(m): 7:21am On Aug 29, 2017
TheAngry1:
Muslim University...one Muslim handing over to another Muslim in a multi-religious state, in a multi-religious country.

Christians also do that in OAU, UNILAG and other south western universities. Get over it and stop crying
Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by Dehlzy(m): 8:34am On Aug 29, 2017
oviejnr:
You mean the advance secondary university right, the only reason I like the Institution is their short session but unfortunately the school authorities still treat them like teenagers tongue tongue
this is coming from someone who doesnt know the road to kwara ,talk less of entering the School....#betterbyfar
Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by 2016easy2017: 9:48am On Aug 29, 2017
TheAngry1:
Muslim University...one Muslim handing over to another Muslim in a multi-religious state, in a multi-religious country.
giv me a single example of a school in the east that has ever been run by a muslim as vc
Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by emmasege: 11:25am On Aug 29, 2017
bolaji73:
At least they had been christians vc in the past.Ever since the establishment of Obafemi Awolowo university, OAU, there have never been a Muslim VC.Tell me why I won't believe this is a christianization agenda?Bigot!
This is how you guys argue ignorantly. In OAU or UI, you would have mentioned 10 eminent Christian professors before you can think of one Muslim professor. This was never the case with UNILORIN when their islamisation agenda started. Since inception of the agenda, they've made it very difficult for Christians to occupy strategic positions in the school. In the same vein, UNILORIN will never (quote me anywhere) employ Christians when it's obvious he stands better qualified than a Muslim co-applicant. The only exemption is when they search the nooks and crannies of their Islamic world and can't find anyone, and the position must be filled for accreditation.

As a matter of fact, if your name doesn't suggest you are a Muslim, you can as well not bother not to apply to the school. They prefer a Muhammed or Ibrahim from Niger or Kaduna to an Adesina or Oluseyi from Ondo or Oyo.
Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by babyfaceafrica: 11:35am On Aug 29, 2017
plantae:

Christians also do that in OAU, UNILAG and other south western universities. Get over it and stop crying
abeg atop mentioning unilag ..the present vc is a Muslim.. Rahmon bello,the former was a Christian late tokunbo sofoluwe...use ur brain and leave unilag from your tribal rain!!!
Re: Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin by Brougue: 9:16pm On Aug 29, 2017
All i know is that. Professor hassan A. saliu is meant to be the vice chancellor and he is the right candidate from all angles [b][/b].. Age nd ambali are just oloyede's puppet... Unilorin is still ruled by oloyede.. Please buttress if u understand more

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo Changes Federal University, Oye Ekiti To Adeyinka Adebayo University / ESUT Returns To Its Original Multi-campus Structure / Project Topics And Materials In Agricultural Economics And Extension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.