Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,088 members, 7,807,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

How Much Does It Cost To Repair YLOD PS3 - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / How Much Does It Cost To Repair YLOD PS3 (1881 Views)

Ps3 YLOD For 2k / Help, PS3 Yellow Light Of Death, YLOD Issue / Fix The "Yellow Light Of Death" (YLOD) On Your PS3 Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Much Does It Cost To Repair YLOD PS3 by tall2ce(m): 7:49pm On Aug 28, 2017
My PS3 developed YLOD 2 months ago and i have seen a lot of information on the internet that suggests a YLOD PS3 cannot last more than one month when repaired. I took a trip Military Shopping Arena in Oshodi and went to about three shops to make enquiries, they all said processor/panel whatever was to be changed. I need honest replies and price range for it to be repaired.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Repair YLOD PS3 by Oluwaseunsodiq(m): 12:11pm On Aug 29, 2017
tall2ce:
My PS3 developed YLOD 2 months ago and i have seen a lot of information on the internet that suggests a YLOD PS3 cannot last more than one month when repaired. I took a trip Military Shopping Arena in Oshodi and went to about three shops to make enquiries, they all said processor/panel whatever was to be changed. I need honest replies and price range for it to be repaired.
The ylod can be repaired via three methods. Reflowing, reballing or simply changing the entire motherboard. Reflowing is the least effective method, the console might work for 2 weeks or a month then stop. Reballing is more effective and lasts longer. It requires technicians with special tools and equipments to get it done. If either methods fail, then the repairer simply changes the motherboard. The reflow costs not more than 2k or thereabouts, reball is more expensive and i don't know how much it costs currently. Changing the motherboard costs more than reballing and reflowing.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Repair YLOD PS3 by Oluwaseunsodiq(m): 12:13pm On Aug 29, 2017
My advice, get a trusted repairer and have him change the motherboard. It will last longer, since it's almost like getting a new console.

(1) (Reply)

Fifa19 Pc Black Pitch Issues Anybody?? / GTA V Naija Or Ghana Crew / Fifa 20 Mobile Offline Fifa 14 Android Download Mediafire Apk Obb Data New Kits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.