Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,710 members, 7,802,150 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

Help! Protruding Stomach - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! Protruding Stomach (2518 Views)

Thumb Sucking Could Lead To Protruding Teeth And Speech Difficulty - Newsphases / Ladies Stop Pushing Your Stomach To Your Bum (photo) / Protruding Tommies After Delivery-solution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Protruding Stomach by Fogman(m): 6:18pm On Feb 21, 2010
Recently, i have noticed that my tummy is growing bigger, pls i need advice on what to do or recommend drugs to use.
Re: Help! Protruding Stomach by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 21, 2010
Ist of all drop down the stout and step away from the Isi ewu and pounded yam. Then Exercise for atleast 30mins 5days a week that pregnant stomach will shrink in no time grin
Re: Help! Protruding Stomach by Mikaela: 7:58pm On Feb 21, 2010
Have you heard of the gym? Try it !
Re: Help! Protruding Stomach by Fogman(m): 8:35pm On Feb 21, 2010
I dont take alcohol, not pronouced yet but want to nip it in the bud!
Re: Help! Protruding Stomach by dominique(f): 8:46pm On Feb 21, 2010
cut down on heavy starch foods and don't eat late at night.
try to do as many situps as possible and drink plenty of fluids.
Re: Help! Protruding Stomach by agabaI23(m): 8:57pm On Feb 21, 2010
Eat at regular times even if it is late.
Re: Help! Protruding Stomach by dominique(f): 9:16pm On Feb 21, 2010
agabaI23:

so you recommend he eats and sleep soon after?
metabolism slows down considerably when one's asleep. you can imagine if he goes to bed with semi-digested foods in his stomach especially carbs. thats part of what causes the protruding stomach.
Re: Help! Protruding Stomach by MrCrackles(m): 9:17pm On Feb 21, 2010
agabaI23:

How can one eat at a regular time even if it is late?
Are you insane grin
Re: Help! Protruding Stomach by agabaI23(m): 9:21pm On Feb 21, 2010
dominique:

so you recommend he eats and sleep soon after?
metabolism slows down considerably when one's asleep. you can imagine if he goes to bed with semi-digested foods in his stomach especially carbs. thats part of what causes the protruding stomach.

If you go to bed after meal, you will have indigestion and the following day you will be uncomfortable.

So most adults don't do that. In as much as it is beneficial to eat early, eating at irregular times will destroy the benefits.  Going to bed after meal is bad.
Re: Help! Protruding Stomach by agabaI23(m): 9:23pm On Feb 21, 2010
agabaI23:

If you go to bed after meal, you will have indigestion and the following day you will be uncomfortable.

So most adults don't do that. In as much as it is beneficial to eat early, eating at irregular times will destroy the benefits.  Going to bed after meal is bad.

Brash

Eating at 11 pm like the Spanish is late but it is regular.

No I am not insane.

May be you will understand if I said late in the night.
Re: Help! Protruding Stomach by chic2pimp(m): 9:25pm On Feb 21, 2010
MrCrackles:

How can one eat at a regular time even if it is late?
Are you insane grin
Leave the dude alone jor grin
The Bobo dey give the poster sound advice jare grin
Re: Help! Protruding Stomach by Olisa4all: 9:38pm On Feb 21, 2010
Exercise Exercise Exercise
Re: Help! Protruding Stomach by dominique(f): 10:20pm On Feb 21, 2010
^^ must you comment in every thread?
Re: Help! Protruding Stomach by MrCrackles(m): 10:27pm On Feb 21, 2010
dominique:

That is Mama-Gee for you! grin
Re: Help! Protruding Stomach by mamagee3(f): 10:37pm On Feb 21, 2010
dominique:

Is your father the administrator of this forum. . .
If not I don't see why you're hyperventilating over my posting a reply. . .
Re: Help! Protruding Stomach by chic2pimp(m): 10:39pm On Feb 21, 2010
mama-gee:

Dayummmmmm shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Help! Protruding Stomach by dominique(f): 10:42pm On Feb 21, 2010
mama-gee:

you've achieved your purpose of diverting all the attention to yourself
you've duly been noticed
now run along and go disrupt some other threads
Re: Help! Protruding Stomach by Fogman(m): 5:31am On Feb 22, 2010
Guyz thank u all. Your advice are noted.
@ mama gee, it is not compusory that u must post in all thread.  Be matured and reasonable 4 once.
Re: Help! Protruding Stomach by MCLOVIN: 8:20am On Feb 22, 2010
Fogman
You are likely entering a period in your life known as the 'male climateric' ie your testosterone levels are falling and youre now approaching or deep into middle age.
If you want to slow down this inevitable course of life, Hit The GYM !
Re: Help! Protruding Stomach by Fogman(m): 8:42am On Feb 22, 2010
Mclovin, wrong! In my early 30s. Some post above have given me insight of my prob.
Re: Help! Protruding Stomach by MCLOVIN: 9:14am On Feb 22, 2010
Lol ! What has your chronological age got to do with aging or your hormonal profile ? Youre already in that big wide open space called 30s, where anything can happen. If youve seen a 28 yr old girl who has stopped ovulating/menstruating you'll understand. Buy a treadmill at the very least.
Re: Help! Protruding Stomach by face969: 9:33am On Feb 22, 2010
Yeah Fogman,
Youre not too young to own a treadmill. its a price you pay for living the good life !
Re: Help! Protruding Stomach by coolier(f): 10:09am On Feb 22, 2010
agabaI23:

To keep healthy it is advisable not to eat after 7pm. But do a lot of exercises, sit ups and press ups and bring your alcohol intake to a minimal level.
Re: Help! Protruding Stomach by agabaI23(m): 11:39am On Feb 22, 2010
coolier:

To keep healthy it is advisable not to eat after 7pm. But do a lot of exercises, sit ups and press ups and bring your alcohol intake to a minimal level.
Yea we know all that but I do not think that spanish who traditionally eat dinner at 11pm are in any way worse off than those who eat early. The spanish are not fatter than the british on the average, in fact it is the other way round. To every rule there is an exception.

Yea it is good to eat early as I said but when you cannot eat early, make your eating regular.

The body gets used to your eating time if it is regular and digestion is not a problems if you do no go to bed until at least 3hrs after meal.
The calorie content of the food is also to be considered.
Re: Help! Protruding Stomach by DENISE17(f): 3:24pm On Feb 22, 2010
smiley
i heard the comments.all of them are advisory.at some point i got the same comments,until i went to the doctor cos i was doing all that,yet, errh. anyway, he dignosed me with IBS (IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME).after googling all about it, i found out what to eat, plus the execrise, and where is the stomach:, out of the way! i'm not saying it will be the case with you but better to check,
Re: Help! Protruding Stomach by Fogman(m): 3:45pm On Feb 22, 2010
Appreciates to all, ur advices are noted and begining to believe 2much of carb is contributory. More advices are welcome.
Re: Help! Protruding Stomach by face969: 4:47pm On Feb 22, 2010
@DENISE
You had IBS ?
Well its more common with women, main symptoms being bloating, constipation sometimes with diarrhoea etc. Exercise helps, activated charcoal biscuits, and peppermint are also helpful as one of the main causes of IBS is the accumulation of toxins in the colon.
Fogman
3hrs/week on treadmill = lean, mean six-pack, so get it.
Re: Help! Protruding Stomach by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 22, 2010
Include weight training to tone out your body. So 20-30mins of high intensity cardio and 30mins of weights 3-4x/wk is enough to get that body in shape.
Re: Help! Protruding Stomach by Fogman(m): 9:13am On Feb 23, 2010
Thanks to all, for your contribution. Your advices are well noted, ll act on them. Cheers.
Re: Help! Protruding Stomach by Seun(m): 12:00pm On Feb 23, 2010
How many of you have ever actually had a stomach size reduction as a result of these tips?
I know lots of skinny people who exercise, but I don't know any fat person it actually worked for.
Re: Help! Protruding Stomach by agabaI23(m): 2:07pm On Feb 23, 2010
^^^ It works for anybody who is serious with the regime.
You can only say that the skinny guys get rid of it faster.
Re: Help! Protruding Stomach by Seun(m): 4:31pm On Feb 23, 2010
People say it works, but all the fat people I know (outside television/movies) are still fat.
Oprah Winfrey once did a series about her exercise group, but she's still fat and matronly.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vaccination Or Immunization Of The New Born / Are All The Nigerian Trained Doctors Really Doing Well Abroad?? / Please Help Am In Serious Pain!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.