Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

Aminatu! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Aminatu! (694 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aminatu! by Orikinla(m): 6:36pm On Feb 21, 2010
“It is nothing.”
She read the sms and winced in pain.
She knew he could be as cold as a ruthless executioner whenever he felt disappointed. She had fallen in love with him even before they met. His alto voice had a unique melody of compassion and assurance when they spoke on phone and his voice was what hooked her the first time she heard him seven years ago. She had remained hooked on her faith in his voice, because she always found strength in it. They have had several misunderstandings over the years and whenever they quarreled, he would stop speaking to her for a day or two days and it always pained her more than his harsh words of criticism. She would rather hear his insults than not hear his voice at all. Every insult from him meant he was really hurt by what she had done. His insults were not really insults if she would be honest to him, because they were only the bitter words of truth to scold her for what he felt was wrong. Turashe believed in what Jesus Christ called the two most important commandments as written in Matthew 22:37-40:
37. Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38.This is the first and greatest commandment. 39. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' 40. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."
So, he would always flare up in anger whenever she erred and his melodious alto voice would become strident in annoyance. He was well known for the poignancy of his political polemics, without apologies or regrets. His last sms was hurting her badly. How could he dismiss their seven years old love affair as nothing? That he could end it all and move on as if she never meant anything to him? Oh, no! She would not let him get away with it. She knew how to prick his heart. She was in tears when she replied his last sms.
“Are you saying I have been worthless to you in the past seven years?”
She waited for his reply, but he never responded until she went to bed. She had a troubled night as she turned in her bed, clutching the cold pillow with a part made wet with her teardrops. The flashes of the good times and bad times they have shared kept her awake until past midnight.

When Iya Risikatu was rising up in response to the early morning call to prayer from the minaret of the mosque on Atinuke Ige street, Aminatu was still snoring.
‘Will she not go to work today?” Iya Risikatu said as she knocked at Aminatu’s door whilst passing through the narrow corridor of the tenement that had been their home for decades. She shared the old bungalow with her only son Hamidu and daughter Aminatu and four tenants who had families.

“Aminatu!”

~ By Orikinla Osinachi
Written in my office on Saturday February 20, 2010.
Re: Aminatu! by slap1(m): 8:18pm On Feb 21, 2010
Are u through?
Re: Aminatu! by estrella(f): 9:03am On Feb 22, 2010
This teaser was nice, More please,
Re: Aminatu! by Orikinla(m): 7:53pm On Feb 23, 2010
I beg I go continue when I get time.
Office work dey tire person.
Re: Aminatu! by adebayo201: 2:18am On Feb 24, 2010
Oh God y nam Plz do continue i lik luv write upz cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Do U Need A Webdeveloper At Ur Service Call: 08076226978 / Short Poem Sunshine / A Dialogue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.