Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

Things Your Car May Not Need - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Things Your Car May Not Need (11803 Views)

Your Car May Lose Its Charm & Appearance Over Time. Here’s The Best Solution! / Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court / 5 Reasons Why Your Car May Lose Or Leak Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things Your Car May Not Need by AutoReportNG: 8:30am On Aug 29, 2017
Tune-up - The tune-up has been obsolete for decades. On late model vehicles with computerized engine controls, there is nothing to "tune" or manually adjust. Major engine functions such as idle speed, the fuel mixture and spark timing are all controlled electronically by the powertrain control module. In spite of this, many people still call changing their spark plugs and air filter a tune-up, when in fact what they are actually doing is scheduled preventive maintenance. Platinum and iridium spark plugs typically last upwards of 100,000 miles, and air filters can often go several years or 30,000 miles or more depending on driving conditions and dust exposure.

Chassis Lubrication - Some trucks may have grease fittings on the ball joints, tie rod ends and U-joints. The same goes for some heavy-duty aftermarket replacement ball joints, tie rod ends and U-joints. But on most late model cars and light trucks, the original equipment steering, suspension and drivetrain joints are all sealed for life and do not require any lubrication or service.

Fuel Filter - Replacing the fuel filter every few years or 30,000 to 50,000 miles may be recommended for preventive maintenance, but many motorists have never had a fuel filter replaced! Unless you get dirt or rust in your fuel tank, the fuel filter should last for years or tens of thousands of miles. Many late model cars and light trucks no longer even have a recommended fuel filter replacement interval. Instead, they have a "lifetime" fuel filter located inside the fuel tank as part of the fuel pump assembly. Unless your vehicle is experiencing a fuel delivery problem, therefore, there is no need to replace the filter.

Wheel Alignment - Accurate wheel alignment is essential to minimize tire wear and to keep your vehicle traveling straight. If your vehicle has been experiencing unusual tire wear, your wheels may need to be aligned. But if the tires are wearing normally and your car steers straight with no pulling toward either side, there should be no need to have the wheels aligned. Most tire stores recommend a wheel alignment check when you buy new tires. But if your old tires do not show abnormal wear and they lasted at least 60,000 miles, chances are your wheels are still in alignment. Once set, wheel alignment should not change unless steering or suspension parts are worn or damaged.

Engine Flush - An engine flush circulates a cleaning chemical through the engine to remove sludge, varnish and other contaminants. If you have neglected regular oil changes and your engine is full of sludge, this would be a recommended service. However, if you have changed your oil regularly, and your engine shows no signs of abnormal deposit formation, there should be no need to have your engine flushed.

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/08/things-your-car-may-not-need.html

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun
Marpol
Ishilove
Fynestboi

2 Likes

Re: Things Your Car May Not Need by AutoReportNG: 8:31am On Aug 29, 2017
Re: Things Your Car May Not Need by chibike69: 8:47am On Aug 29, 2017
Jesu

dis op is wicked oo

u carry all dey space wey dey for dis world type
dat that tin

E no do you
na him u come collect FTC again
Baba fear God nah

Anyways nice post

3 Likes

Re: Things Your Car May Not Need by sukkot: 8:47am On Aug 29, 2017
hmmm my leggedezbenz only needs shoe

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Your Car May Not Need by ateamblezing(f): 8:50am On Aug 29, 2017
I don't know shit about cars
Re: Things Your Car May Not Need by pmc01(m): 8:51am On Aug 29, 2017
Nice piece. Well done bro. Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Re: Things Your Car May Not Need by teewai3(m): 8:51am On Aug 29, 2017
Not that i have a car, but thanks anyway
Re: Things Your Car May Not Need by GreatEvilBeast(m): 8:51am On Aug 29, 2017
That moment you booked space only to come back and theres nothing you have to contribute to the topic of the thread angry

Ill be back

Re: Things Your Car May Not Need by muller101(m): 8:53am On Aug 29, 2017
ateamblezing:
I don't know shit about cars
try and learn
Re: Things Your Car May Not Need by ateamblezing(f): 8:57am On Aug 29, 2017
muller101:
try and learn
I have tried but to no avail
Re: Things Your Car May Not Need by Maniche44(m): 8:57am On Aug 29, 2017
as i no get car nko?
Re: Things Your Car May Not Need by mostyg(m): 9:03am On Aug 29, 2017
Most people won't read this and they end up spending unnecessarily on their vehicles.
Thanks Mr Op.
Re: Things Your Car May Not Need by bravo269(m): 9:04am On Aug 29, 2017
Check my signature For your car sale and purchase in Akure Ondo state and environ
Re: Things Your Car May Not Need by ralph28(m): 9:13am On Aug 29, 2017
Noted.

Thanks.
Re: Things Your Car May Not Need by litaninja(m): 9:18am On Aug 29, 2017
Disagree on the alignment....bros, you don drive for Mowe roads before??

1 Like

Re: Things Your Car May Not Need by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 29, 2017
Please guys let's ignore every tribalist in this forum and not reply their tribalism with tribalism but with silence. Trust me that's the way we can beat tribalist. 

I know it hurts insulting your lineage but PLEASE IGNORE THEM
IGNORE THEM and watch as our silence kill them inside and drive them mad. 

They may end up creating more monicker to reply themselves, still IGNORE and in the end OUR COLLECTIVE SILENCE will make a fool of them.

Every sane and educated person, please copy and paste along your text on Nairaland let everybody see it and let's KILL CYBER TRIBALISM.

Thanks for cooperating... #Copied
Re: Things Your Car May Not Need by sekem: 9:24am On Aug 29, 2017
Nice info

I hate that wheel alignment of a thing

Sometimes I just wonder what does guys are even doing with those mirrors

Before you know it, they are through and they are already asking you for their money

And you're like WTF?! grin
Re: Things Your Car May Not Need by t12tosin: 9:33am On Aug 29, 2017
sekem:
Nice info

I hate that wheel alignment of a thing

Sometimes I just wonder what does guys are even doing with those mirrors

Before you know it, they are through and they are already asking you for their money

And you're like WTF?! grin

If you have ever witnessed a tire problem , you'll value their importance

1 Like

Re: Things Your Car May Not Need by sekem: 9:37am On Aug 29, 2017
t12tosin:

If you have ever witnessed a tire problem , you'll value their importance

I haven't tongue

Hope you ain't one of them? tongue
Re: Things Your Car May Not Need by gabe: 9:40am On Aug 29, 2017
Good job OP. Thanks for this informative piece
Re: Things Your Car May Not Need by DonBobes(m): 10:23am On Aug 29, 2017
chibike69:
Jesu

dis op is wicked oo

dat that tin

E no do you
Baba fear God nah

Anyways nice post
D op own weak me

Re: Things Your Car May Not Need by DonBobes(m): 10:24am On Aug 29, 2017
chibike69:
Jesu

dis op is wicked oo

dat that tin

E no do you
Baba fear God nah

Anyways nice post

D op own weak me

Re: Things Your Car May Not Need by AreaFada2: 11:29am On Aug 29, 2017
great tips
Re: Things Your Car May Not Need by oriewanbe: 12:44pm On Aug 29, 2017
Nice post. OP, what about changing of gear oil? I have checked my car bonnet I can't find the dip. my car is manual Mazda.
Re: Things Your Car May Not Need by 9jajoseph: 10:27pm On Aug 29, 2017
Taking good care of your CAR is One thing your car really needs, that's why we at [b]Dotclean Car Cleaning Service[b] are Obligated in making that happen.
Visit us today www.dotclean.com.ng for your car cleaning service at the convenience of your home or office. We also provide House and Office Cleaning services. Call us today 08034232096
www.dotclean.com.ng

(1) (Reply)

Lagos State Ministry Of Transportation Introduces The Electronic Billing System / Any Issue With Honda Civic? / How Often Do You Look Under Your Bonnet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.